/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: miku poop2.jpg (679x960, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rosettacode.org/wiki/Hello_world/Text
youtu.be/Syl58aSNNtA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship').text,
kernel.org/doc/html/latest/core-api/timekeeping.html
norvig.com/21-days.html#answers
sgros.blogspot.com/2014/08/memory-access-latencies.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kinda? If you delete a character/word, it's actually cut, so if you set the system clipboard as the default you are basically constantly overriding your system clipboard.

first for Father's Day

i would have thought if you develop an app solely using the tools native to the platform, you could get more flexibility out of it.
i could be talking out my ass though, i don't know how flutter etc. work.

Theoretically yes, in practice no. And in the worst case you can always just use the FFI to directly access system native stuff (though you generally want to avoid that for portability reasons).

yes but I don't need a different clipboard for each program I use. also I don't know how to change between clipboards lol

I trying to compile various hello world scripts from Wikipedia using as. No luck so far. I've only tried a few. I guess I have to find the syntax that fits my processor (64_x86 Intel or something)

I mean, I personally also just use the system clipboard as my default register, but it's not like it's totally unreasonable.
>also I don't know how to change between clipboards lol
set clipboard=unnamedplus to set the system clipboard as default
alternatively prefix the command with " and the register.

>if you develop an app solely using the tools native to the platform, you could get more flexibility out of it.
Depends on the kind of flexibility you're talking about. Native APIs for interfacing with the available hardware are usually more detailed than using some Flutter plugin or Dart library, but also more complicated to use. Flutter can call these native Android or iOS APIs, but you would want to avoid this whenever possible. Or at least use a third-party Flutter plugin someone else has written that does the same thing. For drawing stuff like the UI on the screen, I'd say Flutter is equally flexible, but much simpler to use than the native APIs and also easier to customize. But yes, there are things like that Flutter does not expose an API for low level things like OpenGL, which you would need to use the native SDK's to use.

Anone! Your JavaScript project is so cool!

Attached: a62768cc45be1e80088445ff587a32a2.jpg (1200x1600, 421K)

rosettacode.org/wiki/Hello_world/Text

>What are you working on, Jow Forums?
I have finished and published my emacs native module/package. i probably will not update it anymore.

Thank for using an anime image.

Attached: cheese.webm (640x640, 2.37M)

>rosettacode.org/wiki/Hello_world/Text
oh well that's useful, thank you mr cheese

Thanks! You're so cute!

First for cniles can’t into namespaces and constrxpr

Cniles can't into anything

>carry propagation cam needs oiling in your computation engine

Attached: 1559766330536.jpg (1000x1000, 216K)

Rust fags into_iter lmao

you don't even need namespaces if you have proper scoping, which C and C++ don't

>namespaces
no need when you have struct.

>here's your computer bro

Attached: 10-Figure5-1.png (1078x700, 591K)

>using VS2013 for a long time
>have visual impairment
>use CTRL + scroll wheel to scale text size in editor windows
>find it useful to use different zoom levels for different open files
Then
>upgrade to VS2019
>CTRL + scroll wheel now scales text to the same level in all editor windows
>can't scale windows independently
>still can't CTRL+scroll to change the size of text in the Output window

>is_this_accessibility.jfif

>have a program that talks over the network
>realize anyone can now try to connect to my program, spam it, etc

How do I lock down a network base program to keep outsiders from clogging my connection or feeding me bad data?

At this point it's wise not to upgrade software without research because it inevitability gets worse.

created a script that gets you related terms when you're doing a systematic review. ex.: you search for "pizza" and it suggests "italian cuisine" among other terms

Have you considered glasses like a normal human bean?

Simplest way would just be to sign your messages using an RSA key, but if you care about replay attacks you might have to add nonces/timestamps etc.

You know how print screen doesn't save dead pixels?

Have you considered buying a new monitor?

Hi, im using python and am in need of a proxy server that modifies HTTP headers on the fly then redirects down the line. This is what i am using now. Is this feasible with python or out of scope.

Attached: untitled.png (1791x834, 51K)

I've been programming for years but never felt like I left the "Beginner" phase. My portfolio is depressingly empty except for a handful of school projects.
What are some good projects to work on to actually learn something and could work to pad my portfolio? (I already contribute with small bug fixes on open source things, but I want to have my own larger projects so that it doesn't look like I'm just correcting spelling errors and other bullshit on github)

Attached: 1551354925790.jpg (768x870, 235K)

>what is zero overhead
I spent yesterday reducing a shit ton of code with compile time metaprogramming, it makes code faster, more space efficient, and less overall code. I wish C embraced compile time expressions like C++17 folding.

try modifying HTTPS headers :^)

your code was terrible in the first place.

What's your favourite scripting language?

java

py, bash, awk

C

Cope :^)

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

seething

Fuck other people.

I know you are

Attached: 0B7587BE-4CA2-482C-9FD5-E5F0F959ECDE.png (551x713, 515K)

haskell

LuaJIT

So there's a SQL table that up to 90 people write to simultaneously, each of them only needs a single row but for a very long time - up to an hour, during which no other person can write to that row. Right now it's crudely done in software but what's the proper way to achieve this at the database level?

Attached: 1552055929388.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Perthern
Unironically though, I love Python.

what the fuck

Digitization of old handwritten documents.

why is there no hardware for unsigned floats

Because unsigned floats are not worth supporting.

Because there is no need. Unsigned ints are a thing because uints give a larger (positive) range with the same number of bits as regular ints. Range is almost never an issue with floating points, but the precision is.

why would you deviate from IEEE754

i put paint in the browser

Attached: 2019-06-05_23-46-32.png (1488x1012, 99K)

missed the last thread, the user that I was talking to about Processing windows if you're still here,

youtu.be/Syl58aSNNtA

I kinda wanna do these but in their separate PApplet windows; I'm curious if something like that is extensible. In windows can you share objects/memory stuff or is it funky Java?

>each of them only needs a single row but for a very long time - up to an hour
wat
Why isn't that done on the client-side, THEN the db connection is open and the row updated?

Any decent RDBMS allows for multiple connections and per-row locking, and depending on the underlying engine type, locking of a single column within a row. I have to say, though, an hour long open connection makes no sense.

how do I force myself to finish projects without giving in for unrelated activities such as surfing the web? I feel like this is specially hard in programming since the object of study is an attention span killer. I actually like programming by myself but when it comes to assignments I can't do shit, I can only imagine how attending to client deadlines will be

giving in to*
for myself*
also spending too many hours procrastinating is driving me crazy

procrastinating online*

see

>"programming language"
>cite an implementation

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

An extra bit would be significant for precision sensitive software.

To be, IEEE754 is absolutely shit and the only reason it's still around is because it has hardware support.

Can you extract information about video metadata and profile uploads on YouTube without the use of their API?

youtube_dl is what you want. Just scrapes.

IEEE 754 is fine, there's not much of anything bad about it that isn't the result of a good tradeoff.

If you just curl the site then parse the HTML, maybe, but that's gonna rely on YouTube not changing its layout, which google seems to like doing every 6 months or so.

I'll see if it has raw metadata output and not just streaming, would be good, but also I'm looking to do it in C++ so I may have to look into how they're doing it.

I don't even think they spit out HTML, just JS that dynamically renders things but I could be wrong.

just doing some MMA fighter webscraping in python

import requests
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

scrape_p4p = lambda: dict(zip(list(range(1, 16)), [''.join([letter for letter in item if not letter.isdigit()]) for item in [i.replace(j, k) for j, k in dict(zip(['', '', '', '', '\n'], [''] * 5)).items() for i in [t.text for t in BeautifulSoup(requests.get('en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship').text, 'lxml').find_all('table')[4].find_all('tr')]][-15:]]))

Why name an anonymous function? Are you a retard?

so I can import it

How do I update cmd to that new windows terminal on w10

Lua!!!

Attached: luabutts.jpg (573x892, 113K)

i want to nakadashi miku

does anyone know what happened to do_gettimeofday() in linux kernel? what is it replaced with?

sudo apt-get install powershell --fix-missing

kernel.org/doc/html/latest/core-api/timekeeping.html

>putting the wax on the plate
People do this? Why?

I like the detail on the butt fat and the elastic. I've never used LUA before and it makes me sad.

Its all tables. tables within tables.

Attached: luatables.png (395x297, 157K)

How much of an last-cache miss cost is due to the distance between RAM and CPU? Any resource that speaks to those details would be great.

It's rind, not wax.

In Lua, everything is a table.

Make a game engine

perl

I knew the right buttons to push but I pushed the wrong buttons, thinking my previous button pushes made me invincible. I was horribly wrong. Perhaps it’s time to take a break and relax.

Attached: 61458172-BB1B-4F16-93C4-D81DC962F40F.png (276x256, 57K)

I love Anaconda. It’s even better than Python.

> I love Ubuntu, it's even better than linux

norvig.com/21-days.html#answers
sgros.blogspot.com/2014/08/memory-access-latencies.html
Memory access latency is measured in hundreds of nanoseconds, but an electrical signal takes only one nanosecond to travel a foot (which is a very generous distance).

For me, it's Lisp.

How do I practice recursion and backtracking problems? I still can't come up with recursive solutions on my own and I'm getting fucked with some of these questions. PLEASE HELP

Attached: wojakmonkey.jpg (638x558, 64K)

Learn Haskell

learn prolog

Learn Ruby

Learn Gentoo

just b urself

work through as many projects as you can on project euler and save them all in a single source code file. They are pretty fun to do and are great ways to practice algorithms and shit

give up. go homu.

Here's an example of the output from the video

Attached: testgifred.gif (200x160, 3.24M)

Or this, a better example

Attached: testconvert.png (1680x1050, 3.77M)

Is this the thread where I can learn how to program

no this is the thread where you can learn what language you should evangelize on the internet instead of working on something