Two days ago...

Two days ago, the government of Sudan shut down the Internet completely and started dicking down on its unarmed citizens for protesting. Nobody knows what's going inside because the people inside are being cut off.

What can be done to the Internet in the future to prevent governments from abusing the Internet in such way? How can a nation be able to use the Internet to protect itself, instead of having it shut down by the government as soon as they want to commit a genocide?

Surely, the Internet infrastructure will evolve to not have things like this happening?

Attached: news.png (803x764, 172K)

>Sudan

Internet is already a better place

This can absolutely happen anywhere, user.

>nigs genociding each other like the barbarian nigs they are

Nobody gives a shit. Don't worry they breed like rabbits anyway a genocide once in a while is healthy pest control.

I’ll bet $20000000000000 dollars that the United States government is involved someway, somehow.

What can we do to protect the internet?

cia has a hand in literally every major conflict on earth in the past 60 years

>the secret agency of the most powerful country on the planet is involved in world wide conflicts

we got a genius over here, next you're going to tell me the british empire was involved in all the major conflicts in the 18th century

Well, they can't stop starlink assuming anyone can just like connect to the satellites with wifi or some other device that can be stored entirely in one's house, but that assumes the US doesn't give a shit about whatever country cut off the internet. Unless of course starlink is not just an ISP but turns itself into one gigantic VPN with exit nodes in multiple countries, or something like that. But it probably isn't. I don't really have a complete picture of how that thing works.
Also it's sudan, so the protestors are probably assholes anyway. The fact that they're unarmed shouldn't be a reason for you to feel sorry for them, but rather a reason to get armed so this doesn't happen to you.

I'm pretty sure I saw sudanon posting on Jow Forums yesterday, though I'm not sure it's actually him since I haven't seen him in the last few months

lmao who fucking cares? Its Africa.

Why should I give a shit about some nigger country?

Meshnets are the future, the Internet will become outdated boomer tech like cable television.

Low orbit satellite internet like the one that were proposed Teledesic more than 20 years ago.

Refugees flooding in if the conflicts lead to civil war there.

I saw it too, albeit the possible difference in timezones between you and I meant that I saw it today. The Sudanon did not start any threads, it was the Egyptian that made that Jow Forums thread and probably this thread too.

This is correct. I'm Egyptian user. But my purpose here is different. I'm merely looking for ways to prevent cases of Internet abuse, like the one in Sudan.

what is the point of this post

I hope Malik Agar is doing alright.

Attached: King of Africa.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

>Sudan
Explain exactly why I should care.

What's your point? Just because something could happen doesn't mean it's likely to happen. Also there isn't anything you can do to stop this possibility from existing.

doesn't seem like Jow Forums cares but if anyone is interested here is the thread.

You're not obligated to, user. This is technology board. This is a thread about technology that can evolve the Internet into a structure that cannot be abused by governments.

I care about Sudan, but as a Jow Forums poster, I don't expect you to. What you should care about is how the world could go about preventing the possibility of an Internet blackout.

>What can be done to the Internet in the future to prevent governments from abusing the Internet in such way?
the internet isn't the problem, that people only know one method to the outside is
get shortwave going

Incoming East Sudan

This is correct answer

A decentralized mesh network could solve this in theory, but in practice I doubt that any mesh network would work out that well.
I believe that in practice the flow in the darks would just ruin it.

>What you should care about is how the world could go about preventing the possibility of an Internet blackout.
Decentralized mesh networks. Now gtfo.

Wifi adhoc meshnets with I2P/Gnunet/ipfs/zeronet/peertube

Telephones
Shortwave radios
Snail-mail
Mesh-networks
Pirate radio broadcasts
Satellite cellphones
Encoded/encrypted messages
Carrier pidgeons/messenger animals, if you are truly in deep apocalyptic shit

Depending on a 99.9% for-profit media-consumption pipeline for communication isn't the way to go.

The internet can be blocked in places like Sudan because very few people had access to it to begin with.

Attached: 1035px-InternetPenetrationWorldMap.svg.png (1035x531, 173K)

you say "very few" like it's an insignificant number but 30% is pretty much the entire urban population of Sudan.

I doubt their internet users all live in one city user.

>70-79% of Americans have internet access
I refuse to believe that. This country is full of retarded single mothers that give their 4 year olds iPhones.

30% is not a lot.... and you'd only have to cut off access at a few locations to affect most people.

Its much easier to cut off internet access in a poor third world country than one thats highly connected with first world infrastructure.

It's probably just old boomers in rural areas that don't have internet.

Well Europe is dying and has very few children so it makes sense they'd have slightly more users since they have more adults. Same goes for Japan.

I don't think you understand how these fiefdoms/warlords work user.

First, without the current prince or king or whatever thug that runs Sudan, it literally would be ISIS running that country. It's filled with extremist terrorist nutjobs and this is never going to change.

Also shutting down the internet doesn't mean """genocide""" is going to go unnoticed, people have phones still and ways to get information out to reporters or whatever just like they did 40 years ago. There's no genocide, likely some CIA funded "protest" is attempting regime change or something and they're just clamping down on the foreign terrorists who are stirring up problems.

>Its much easier to cut off internet access in a poor third world country than one thats highly connected with first world infrastructure.
yes you are definitely right in that aspect but it isn't about having few internet users. Most people living in big cities probably were affected by this and that is exactly the demographic that can threaten the government by organizing themselves and protesting (especially in the capital).

urban population includes urban areas in all cities, not just one city. I think it's not a stretch to assume that big cities get internet access before any significant part of rural areas where the other 70% lives (Sudan is pretty damn big by the way).

Well satellite internet will probably help that, taking control of communications away from corrupt governments into hopefully less corrupt corporations.

SpaceX's starlink will take care of that

wtf papua new guinea?

Attached: papua_new_guinea.png (527x336, 168K)

who cares

The point, Ivan, is that US could do whatever it wishes, and you just continue to suck putin's dick, fucking inbreed degenerate

Russian pale-skinned niggers, wake up, you are next

>pale-skinned niggers
I'm already calculating your IP, fucker.
Pray.

i give zero hoots about what some third-world turdnuggets do to each other