The technology implemented in this stand is cutting-edge and pioneering, the feeling that it has by touching it...

The technology implemented in this stand is cutting-edge and pioneering, the feeling that it has by touching it, the positioning of the human body after 3 hours of sitting is so well studied, that the height regulator and the rotating head are perfect. You have to understand all the engineering behind a product before criticize it.

Attached: stand.jpg (634x922, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/azilj0/matrix_cain_sp_sa_photo_studio/
geekhack
businessinsider.com/apple-monitor-stand-price-reaction-misses-point-2019-6
youtube.com/watch?v=wl4Hg23RQHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok nerd

I hate Apple and everything they stand for. However i have to admit it's rather impressive how good they are at parting their idiot fan base from their money. Apple literally just designed a proprietary VESA mount and is selling a shit mount for hundreds of dollars. It's sickening and intriguing at the same time.

That's the power of voluntary exchange of money and labor

god, is this what it's like to be poor?

y'all are seething about this apple shit. I've paid over 1000 for a stand before.

Funny how whenever Apple releases a new product you get dozens of retards saying how it's nothing new and overpriced. Well smartass, show me a VESA mount that even remotely resembles this.
It needs to have a simple, intuitive design, two angles adjustment plus a rotation feature and be made of only 3 pieces instead of the usual clusterfuck of parts and hinges you see in a typical mount.
I'll wait...

should we tell him???

oksir that is very nice sir
please do the needful 999.9 usd
thankyou and comeagain

Don't forget to tip your Genius at the Genius Bar when they show you how to move the monitor.

so the stand is 999 and the mount is another 200?

I have a stand exactly like that one in an aoc monitor from 10 years ago

Except a critical variable you probably overlooked is that the height of the person viewing the screen. How much degree of freedom does that joint have?

Mount is $299 actually. Plus tip.

Are you even trying?
The funny thing is you'll complain that it doesn't rotate sideways and then I'll answer that I'd use an adapter for that, just like apple.

Attached: swit_a_vs16_rotatable_desktop_stand_with_1212018.jpg (2000x2000, 162K)

Never seen an AOC one have you?

Wait...this isn't a joke? This stand costs a thousand fucking dollars? Why?

>MFW they found a way to add dongles to their $6000 monitor

Attached: 1awn93.jpg (1024x680, 54K)

You just know that somebody, somewhere, is going to be putting that up their ____ , right?

>You have to understand all the engineering behind a product before criticize it.

im a civil eng and i agree that stand alone is so complex that puts Burj Khalifa into shame

That only has one angle adjustment though.

>I've paid over 1000 for a stand before.

Even for a one night stand that seems a lot.

Capitalism. Because they can.

Will it go the way of the macbook keyboards?

Because the target audience - which does not include anyone on this board - will be more than happy to pay.

The technology implemented in that stand is literally identical in concept and execution to the iMac G4, a computer released over 15 years ago. Any adjustable monitor is capable of the adjustments the "magic" stand allows, at a tenth the cost. You have to understand how little you know before you spout bullshit.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

>new product
Hey, how about a 15 year old Apple product that does the same thing for the same price, BUT INCLUDED A MAC

Attached: apple_imac_fp.jpg (167x250, 5K)

Their target audience are retards.

That stand ISN'T a VESA mount.
The monitor has a proprietary mounting mechanism that requires a VESA adapter.

Margin express 999! Wow

Attached: 3AF7F581-A395-432E-BDCD-03B53BC67B04.png (800x800, 1.24M)

pottery

>retards will pay for this
>retards will pay for this again for second monitor
>retards think this is a good investment

>engineering
It's made by chinese kids in a slave factory for $25 a piece, fuck off

>$25
That's probably a gross overestimate.

you can get those things for free, you just need to be pierced my a magic arrow

china being dirt cheap is an outdated boomer meme, they have higher wages than eastern europe.

alibaba suppliers would quote the shipping cost alone for such a big and heavy unit from china as like $100+.

making a big, solid, properly finished piece of aluminium is not cheap. then there's the height/tilt/orientation mechanisms and the magnet thing. and it has to be sturdy enough to hold a 32" monitor firmly in place which itself has a solid aluminium chassis while being easy to adjust at the same time.

a proper chink version would cost at least a few hundred bucks. it's laughable that anons throw out numbers like $10 or $30.

for comparison, kbdfans recently removed the matrix cain from their site but it was like $550-650. i'm not sure about the current domestic price in china but the geekhack post mentions prices around 2500 RMB which is about $360. this is not an unreasonable price for a full-size aluminium chassis. the corsair keyboards have a plastic frame with just a thin layer of aluminium on top.
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/azilj0/matrix_cain_sp_sa_photo_studio/
geekhack
.org/index.php?topic=84102.0

>people with more money than me don't know what they're doing
stay poor

Not even him but
>show me a stand like that
>this stand is nothing like it but if you mention that I'll pretend to be superior like a retard
>it's nothing like it
>retard hahaha

>see something that costs more than my ayymd budget gaming rig
>it must be marked up by thousands of percent
sure is summer

Attached: n79naoay6jr21.jpg (522x537, 28K)

Unless this monitor stand can suck my dick it isn't worth $1000

don't like it, don't buy it. it's a stand for a $5k pro grade monitor that competes against $40k reference monitors. and you can get the monitor with a vesa adapter instead of the stand and put it on any other stand you might have already.

see
it's literally $5 worth of billet aluminum, at most; for the same cost Apple used to include an entire desktop

Denying this objective fact can only be interpreted as either trolling or deliberate shilling. Which are you?

When 6000 dollars wasn't enough for your pile of scrooge mcduck gold, so you add on cheap accessories and charge 1k for each of them

Attached: 1493971734745.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

they're not even remotely the same. fuck you i'm not going to waste all this time on Jow Forums sperg arguments. you're blind and clueless if you can't see any difference between the small flimsy plastic imac and the 32 inch solid aluminium professional grade monitor. and if aluminium parts are so cheap to make why don't you get rich off of aluminium mechanical keyboard cases and full-cover gpu waterblocks.

businessinsider.com/apple-monitor-stand-price-reaction-misses-point-2019-6

Malaysian, Indian and Bengali work is cheaper anyways.

>The technology implemented in this stand is cutting-edge and pioneering.

where have i heard this meme before?

these hinges and swivels have existed for about 100 years. nothing with this stand is cutting edge. Also microsoft Surface studio has the same fucking tech inside their hinges. So please go fuck yourself with your moms dick.

Attached: 1443257426935.jpg (247x204, 7K)

>Professional grade monitor
Monitor stand. You're defending a thousand dollar stand. It does not come with a monitor. It's literally billet aluminum, a spring, and a magnet. It uses the same magnetic swivel system as the G4 iMac, without actually including an iMac.

Why exactly did they decide a $5000 monitor needed a magnetic quick-disconnect fitting?

Is it really just that they wanted an excuse to sell $200 VESA adapters?

you are on Jow Forums where people drool over free shitty operating systems and cheap chinese made notebooks

so yes, this is how it feels to be poor

But it's not only 3 pieces, there are a lot of machined parts inside.
>but they're not exposed
I don't see why this is a plus, it seems pretty arbitrary.

stop it dude, we all know you faggots who post this are just as poor as everyone else.

and we arent talking about a fucking Ferrari here. We are talking about a monitor stand.

The problem with that argument is that the monitor has a proprietary connector at the back, so you still need to drop $299 on a VESA adapter to use it with an existing stand

>it's ok when apple does it

Apple is a fashion company and not a computer company, you're paying for the badge like you would on a Louis Vuitton bag

this is true

you pay a premium to be part of the community, also quality and innovation come with a price

all in all, the price is legit, albeit not for everyone. you may have to consider cheaper alternatives

it's $199. and it's a piss in the ocean when comparing to $40k reference monitors. the clientele that this is for are on a whole other level than you seething poorfags.

wait, so to mount your monitor on this stand you also need to buy that $200 mount too?

no, it's either the stand or the vesa adapter

see
The same mechanism used to come with an entire iMac for pretty much the same price.

>innovation
You keep spouting this but nothing about the memestand is new. Absolutely nothing. Except the price, of course. That's called stagnation.

I'm just happy we'll get some actually decent third party cheaper clones of this stand now

For a long time, pretty much every VESA stand out there has been ugly as fuck

post a stand with the same sturdiness, adjustability, magnetic attachment, and counterbalancing mechanism

youtube.com/watch?v=wl4Hg23RQHQ

That same ayymd gaming rig that costs less than the stand is also more powerful than the 6000 USD computer that can come with it :---DD ebin

The integral stand on the iMac G4 from 2003 uses an identical mechanism. And for the same price, it included an iMac.

This isn't a VESA stand.

vesa stand makers will probably imitate the design numbnuts

60hz lmao

>you can get the monitor with a vesa adapter
For the low low price of two hundred united states dollaridoos.

reason for that is, apple does not want their customers to put their pricy monitor at risk by using cheap standard mounts, hence the proprietary new mechanism that's much more secure

in the end it's to keep your customers and their monitors safe

So there's a few possible conclusions to draw here, none of them good.

>Apple customers are so stupid they routinely rip their monitors from standard four screw mountings
>Somehow a magnetic system with far less attachment force than four screws is "safer"
It's not more secure. It's quick-detach, on a component you'll almost never want to detach.

Attached: 1545222938035.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>being this stupid

Like pretty much everything Apple makes, the Chinks will copy it and make it VESA 100x100 compatible

>buying a piece of aluminium for 1000 makes you rich
>meanwhile actually rich people buy golden super cars

Attached: 1555183935615.png (785x1000, 254K)

What if a criminal snuck into my house and is right behind me, then I notice his reflection, quickly detach the stand and smack him in the head with it? You can't do that with a cheap $50 stand.

>if you think X is stupid you must be poor
I'll sell you a bad of my shit for $100. Don't want it? I guess you can't afford it.

Why not have a gun? Oh, right, Apple customers are good little leftist drones who wouldn't dare arm themselves.

again, if it costs too much for you, cheaper chinese knock-offs are available

the possibilty to detach is actually welcomed, apple power user carry their monitors around from workplace to home, so it's very convenient

Attached: cb-lv30_1.jpg (2000x1553, 1.58M)

>You have to understand all the engineering behind a product before criticize it.
Yes, machining such thing from a fucking block of aluminium is expensive, and selling it only for $999 is pretty low.

>if it costs too much for you
Same strawman over and over – there's no reason to buy a $999 monitor stand regardless of how much money you have. If you disagree, take me up on my offer to buy a bag of shit. We all know the only reason you wouldn't is if you can't afford it.

>Why not have a gun?
How can I be sure that the gun will have the same standards of quality as an Apple product? They probably don't even sell a $1000 proprietary handle.

>i didn't want it anyways

that's ok

Get a baseball bat

>imagine being a Macfag

Attached: F U.png (1920x960, 2.37M)

based linux

For $999 you could buy almost a metric ton of aluminium, and aluminium isn't particularly expensive to machine. The mechanism is probably the most expensive part, but even that's not likely more than $30.

>How can I be sure that the gun will have the same standards of quality as an Apple product?
I think you would enjoy a Glock™ brand Glock™

Thank you for thinking of the ads. I appreciate it.

Attached: 1557949931693.jpg (640x692, 53K)

this, the price is perfectly reasonable. it's not a fucking 10000% markup like an user said. thinking it costs only $10 to make is beyond retarded. the reason unscrupulous people can sell $1 cables while MFi cables costs $5+ is because they cut costs so much that you risk bricking your device.

>admitting you can't afford my shit
What a pathetic poorfag, cope