Is the party over?

Attached: 1536224860278.png (434x215, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2019/06/03/technology/facebook-ftc-antitrust.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6okszfPBpTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God I fucking hope so!

Attached: 15bz.jpg (400x300, 55K)

Tech is dead

I kept telling people this 5 years ago. They kept coming back with sci-fi shit and saying I was like someone who told the Wright brothers to sod off.

stupid startups with sone big "idea" that gets VC despite have no way to make money ("let's make an app where people can buy organic beans and have shipped to their door") will die out as a trend eventually, but the need for engineers and technology will continue to increase, especially as we assign more importance to AI to crunch data in a vain attempt to extract trends and meaning out of random noise

>extract trends and meaning out of random noise
what if we find God hiding behind the numbers?

>i-iToddler's BTFO!!!!

Attached: 1559693947.png (1128x1068, 94K)

Attached: HCP2.jpg (1384x1054, 281K)

The only thing that could really bring the appocalypse forward would be regulations: making both """coders""" and their employers liable for any fucky wuckies like the ones of Equifax and all the others. That would bring insurance companies into the mix, and that brings the requirement of licensed professionals like in any other STEM field.

Other than that, the party is far from being over.

it's just rich people's money anyway

In the way that'll make it all look like a grenade going off in a stack of eggs, thanks to IoT and the rise of firmware and hardware based attacks. It'll pop because security will pop.

Attached: 1557326306618.gif (500x281, 498K)

i now realize that about 20% of my retirement is in tech stocks

yeah technology is a meme, it's had a good run but the bubble has burst, everyone's going back to living in trees and hunting pigs with sharp rocks

Fuck that, insurance companies shouldn't get to mitigate this risk and treat it as a cost of business. Prison time is needed for Equifax-level fuck ups. That entire company should be disbanded as well

This happens all the time doesn’t it? New tech comes through and VC with more money than sense stuffs it full of dough and the whole thing collapses? Iirc railroad technology had the same thing in the 1800’s, dumb companies sank so much money into rail-lines (even though they were losing money from fares due to competition) the whole thing collapsed and we got the shit-smear known as Union Pacific buying everyone up

>The only thing that could really bring the appocalypse forward would be regulations
Yeah, about that

nytimes.com/2019/06/03/technology/facebook-ftc-antitrust.html

It's pretty obvious that lawmakers on bith sides of the aisle are looking to use antitrust as a way of imposing serious regulations on tech. It's not just about breaking up monopolies, you see.

It's not about monopolies because otherwise like said, other abusive companies like Equifax (a duopoly with transunion) would be broken up.

the whole market is about to crash, switch to treasuries

God, I hope so

Not really, it's entering a different phase. We're nearing a wall when it comes to scaling silicon which will require more creative thinking. We're also now finding out that AI algorithms can be run on nearly all existing hardware (including microcontrollers).

its funny

>after we allowed them to grow so big that all the regular control has been lost now we are gonna broken them up

its funny how china saw this coming from decades ago and decide to crack down on every corporation that tried to enter on chinese market and instead the goverment became THE corporation

This is what happens when you jump in bed with narcissists who do nothing but complain about people more successful than them for a living.

the fuck is the "tech bubble?" technology is still here, you're posting on it as we speak, get out of here with your hipster shit

uber

Dotcom bubble happened but the Internet is still here, what's up with that.

ok, english isn't my first language, and I might be stupid, but what the hell is going on there?

Giant tech companies with huge capitalization but no profits. They also produce nothing but wind for advertisers

The internet is a phone service. Instead of calling people you call machines.
Talking to machines is more popular then talking to people.
The phone companies sell phone service to machines so they can talk to other machines, thus saving people the inconvenience of talking to machines.

Not sure, but it seems to be an artificial womb.

>the fuck is the "tech bubble?"

Attached: 1532250697768.jpg (935x466, 52K)

no but it will be soon, if you wanna start a company, get capital now, before everyone comes to their senses.

I actually like this lense

This is unironically the smartest framing of the internet I've ever seen.
It's just a gigantic 24/7 conference call between machines. Hot damn.

literally thought the same thing
just end this shit.

The weight brothers are hacks anyway. They didn't fly, they made a paper airplane float for a few seconds at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=6okszfPBpTI

And the tech bubble is?
Billions in VC getting crammed into worthless "companies"?
Retarded salaries for Javascript "developers"?
Massively overvalued tech stocks?

Just like I popped your cherry last night.

No, SV is about to to burst. The real tech industries (military, energy, medical, and private cybernetics/AI) will be fine.

Yes, that's exactly it.

lol tech is not dying....so much to learn and advance. Shit will start getting real once 5g is out

What makes people think it's a bubble?

Oh no it's another dotcom bubble we're all gonna die.
There won't really change a lot, wages for retarded java "devs" will fall sharply, a ton of startup companies with no future will fall and Silicon Valley will probably be replaced by some place in South East Asia. What a dark age that will be oh the humanity.

Dear god please. I'm crossing my fingers and praying to any and all gods that may exist for the collapse of Commiefornia

I don't think the issue is for norms. It's a problem for people in the tech industry though, or that have invested heavily into it.

No.

There are only a couple ways an economy can grow:
* get more resources
* use resources more efficiently

The first one can only be done through war, reproduction, or space travel. Considering we haven't had a major war in decades and birthrates are terrible, war and reproduction are out. Space travel that could give new resources requires more tech than we have now, so that doesn't kill the tech bubble.

Using resources more efficiently is inherently a technological endeavor.

The only alternative is for the economy to go belly-up.

It might become an issue for normies whose retirement funds probably have a lot invested in big tech companies but who cares, markets collapse every other decade so what. And anyone that thinks 130k$ for a fucking webdev frontend job is sustainable and not a bubble is beyond retarded. Most jobs will be just fine. It's really just a few select mainstream jobs that will suffer but so what, if there aren't a million overpayed webdevs around anymore nothing of value will have been lost.

If it was defined, the journo could be help accountable for his ramblings. But it isn't, so he can shitpost under the label "journalist" and Jow Forums (and others) even falls for it.

you've probably never heard of them but i love how the idex biometrics stock is crashing because of the woodford thing. woodford propped up shitty meme companies and is now getting absolutely btfo. i'm proud to say i've never bought a single share in idex. fucking cocky cunts that never deliver. cocky shareholders on the forums too. overvalued compared to their sector colleagues (fing, zwipe, next).

>for the economy to go belly-up
There are people who would profit from this.

yep. Just like in 2008.

The tech market may burst. It'll take out the entire economy with it like the housing market in '08. But it'll come back, as regulated and centralized as ever.

Fucking agreed. Wrote multiple essays on this exact concept.

>as regulated and centralized as ever
So not at all and as soon as people found a scapegoat we will deregulate the markets even more? Got it.

>we will deregulate the markets even more
I wasn't being clear - if I were a gambling man I would bet on a ton of new regulation after a tech market burst and even greater centralization.

Just like the housing market. It seems to be a trend (maybe it's a well-known principle? I'm not an economist).

I don't want to be condescending so please excuse if the next part reads condescending but all major important regulation following the 2008 housing market crash has long since been stripped away. (Synthetic) CDOs were the bullshit that made it possible for the housing market to crash the entire economy in the first place, so surely those have been heavily regulated and aren't a billion dollar market anymore. Technically they aren't anymore. In reality since since 2015 they're just sold under a different name. What has been Collateralized Debt Obligations are now called Bespoke Tranche Opportunities. Same shit different name. Nothing changed. And don't get me wrong this crash is coming and it will probably be the most devastating in human history yet for a couple of reasons, but nothing will really change.

nah it won't
you'll still get milked dry goyim but keep thinking otherwise

Keep dreaming. Pajeets and Hello Worlders may be pushed out in the future, sure, but this ride won't end until the power grid goes down.

Now we're making Juiceros and putting people out of business through automation, and in less than five years we'll be automating bankruptcy declaration processing software for the governments. There will always be things to automate (because there's money/resources in it to be saved), even if that's foreclosing people's homes, optimizing government cheese trucks' routes or rationing medicine for an nationwide emergency.
>pic and filename related

Attached: not-sorry.jpg (1024x906, 173K)

>implying those aren't peasant numbers if you adjust the compensation for "per site visitor served" and the cost of living

tech is now really mature and has become several different industries that are in various forms of death
>mobile apps are basically dead, you can't just make an app and get rich off of it anymore
>enterprise dev is showing signs of collapse from all the pajeetcode
>vr is still picking up steam
etc.

>mobile apps are basically dead, you can't just make an app and get rich off of it anymore
How is that true in any sense now that it hasn't always been true?

>enterprise dev is showing signs of collapse from all the pajeetcode
I have no idea what this even means. People, organizations and governments are moving away from automation?

>vr is still picking up steam
The only true-ish statement in your post.

He asked from his internet connected device.