What the fuck happened? Newegg used to be THE place...

What the fuck happened? Newegg used to be THE place? Amazon has become so much better and the no ask return policy is unbeatable.

Was it Newegg’s lack of consumer service or something else?

Attached: C15F4FC2-AF51-4491-8C23-E24BF99F4381.png (860x430, 102K)

>the place
I only ever bought computer storage and ram from them.
Amazon started selling it cheaper so I started going there instead.

amazon had lower prices and amazon prime shipping is too good to ignore

>Was it Newegg’s lack of consumer service
I think so, when they started sending motherboards with broken sockets and blaming the customer and wouldn't accept returns I know I and tens of thousands of others stopped cold turkey and never bought from them again.

>the no ask return policy is unbeatable.
They cut you off if you return too many things.

Chinks took them over

/Thread

And it's sad because Amazon is balls for sorting hardware. Newegg's site is so good that I still check it all the time.

Terrible hacking scandals tainted them bad.

>not using TaoBao
There's your problem.

Attached: from taobao.png (759x563, 906K)

Try buying a hard disk.
Amazon packs it in """FRUSTRATION FREE®""" packaging that leaves it bouncing around inside the box, ensuring it is dead by the time you get it.
Newegg packs it with a bunch of bubble packaging around it.

>2 day free delivery
>lower prices
>can return anything in any condition with no hiccups

For me it was the shipping. FedEx is just fscking terrible. Two day shipping turns into a solid week, while Amazon delivers in a little over 24 hours most of the time, and to the lockers I can pick up whenever.

Their primary competition, Taiwan numba wan NCIX, went tits up. Also, mainland Chinese don't play no games.

ew, those desktops

newegg is cheaper than amazon for everything i checked

this

My 2 wd reds from amazon came in the actual box for the hdd's....

My newegg wd red also came in the hdd box..

They both suck

EWWW TaoBao Chink-net

Yeah, I pick parts on Newegg by category, then buy on Amazon for price

Newegg has the best sorting functions. Amazon doesn't even come close.

I go back and forth between Newegg and Amazon, depending on the price. Even though I have Prime, the taxes on Amazon makes it hard to go with them since Newegg doesn't charge me taxes and shipping usually takes no more than 4 days.

Lack of customer service. Return policy is overbearing at Newegg especially since they sell PC parts that are prone to being defective.

Wait China owns Newegg?
No they don’t. Also you can have a GPU DOA and all you have to do is ship it back. That’s it.

Taobao is cheaper (where I live) for used goods or refurbished goods. Like RX580's, used xeons and so on. PRC also has one of the cheaper clevo resellers which you can normally find on taobao, my local one used to be as cheap but they jacked up prices recently and stopped selling the low end socketed laptops so they can get fucked.
Basically anything is cheaper than amazon where I live though.

user, Newegg is a Chinese company.
t. Newegg

Amazon operates at razor thin margins to keep prices and shipping so low. No one else besides Amazon and Walmart can afford low margins like that, so other retailers just fall behind.

well, amazon workers get sorted by A.I. system, which counts how many packages each worker packed in 1 hour. If you dont pack enough, system decides that worker is not efficient enough and fires him automatically. In this kind of environment, you cannot expect well packed items.

Incorrect. Amazon loses money and Newegg is low margin.

Newegg is perfect for categorizing hardware and it makes it easier to shop. Then I just tab over to Amazon and buy what I found.

This is based and redpilled.
>categorize from Newegg
>see it in person at Best Buy
>order it online from Amazon

If you're a boomer you can buy it from TigerDirect

Sold to Chinks... their prices stopped being competitive.

Although, I got my RTX 2070 from Newegg because they had the best price at the time.

Frankly, Amazon caught up in terms of searching for computers and having legit sources of products.

What made Newegg great was how easy it was to enter technical data you want to buy and have good results.

newegg was started by a taiwanese immigrant tho?

>What the fuck happened? Newegg used to be THE place? Amazon has become so much better and the no ask return policy is unbeatable.
>
>Was it Newegg’s lack of consumer service or something else?
You guys really don't know how scummy Amazon is? Amazon can afford to sell at the lowest profit margin or even at a loss to destroy its competitors. You should look up what happened to Diapers.com in the 2000s.

I would bet my kidneys Amazon is doing something similar to newegg.

That’s got to be dehumanizing to some extent knowing that a computer fired you.

Granted it’s under the direction of the people that programmed and dictated the guidelines but still.

Take the idea of “you’re just another name on the payroll to another level”

Ever wonder why so many things now have "first from asia" in the promo

What's first from asia?

I stopped buying from Newegg when they started charging sales tax in NC.... I know , I know, it was a Supreme Court decision that allowed this to happen but still.

The Jews that run BH photo came out with sone rewards card that instantly credits the tax paid as a credit on the purchase directly after the sale.

A promo that newegg does on a lot of products, sometimes if you hit buy without looking it's actually shipping from china

Sounds like you didn't check it is a third party seller listing. Isn't this your fault? Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon all have third party seller marketplaces. There's a filter for Sold By Newegg.

Yeah you can deselect it but there are some times where it just is like when sorting for shit by price the first from asia is 10 dollars less but "buy from newegg" comes up and it's now way more.

It's an annoyance more than it is anything, wish it was never implemented

E-Commerce including marketplace sellers is just one of those catch up or lose the race kind of situation. Walmart doing it is still really weird because you can no longer find what you're looking for.

Newegg stopped being "THE place" when they stopped allowing you to stack coupons.