So what's the big deal with software like jira and why is having exposure to one considered a skill in the industry?

so what's the big deal with software like jira and why is having exposure to one considered a skill in the industry?
it's just a dumb bug tracker that anyone can use.

Attached: 1555350702952.jpg (1200x800, 137K)

I just know that in our JIRA on the job, it was a pain to set up... Or just try to change on little shit for email and everything gets fucked.
Its stupid but idk why is it considered a skill...

Its a tool that helps with sprints. Thats all i can think of

Certified jira admin here. Jira is there to enforce or reinforce the processes. Sure it's simple to use and configure and that's the whole point.

Anybody complaining about Jira is just a brainlet that fails to understand the product

Jira admin lmfao get a real job

>>hard to set up

How can it be hard? There is a literall installer available that even sets up the service.

>Jira admin

Attached: 1559581700287.png (1024x862, 1.15M)

no. it is merely a social aspect of software industry which grossly over-pay millions of bald stupid fucks in their 40s and 50s which are called "managers".

it is the social aspect that makes shit slow (and produce fucking crap like Java, Docker, systemd - which is not supposed to be called even "over-engineered" because that shit does not amount to engineering) not a technological one.

just accept it.

why, very nice tranny job title. he probably think of himself as a software engineer

Well actually it's the whole stack

Confluence
Jira
Bitbucket
Bamboo

Also sysadmin on the side

>90% of the posters in this thread never had a real job

This has to be bait. The fucking "markdown system" is the biggest joke I've ever experienced in webshit. Confluence is cancer. I'd rather be working with with a directory of .txts over ftp than cocksucking Confluence.

>>Confluence is cancer

So whats your suggestion then Sharepoint? Mediawiki?

never had a sweatshop job

fify

Trac, like all the sane people (GHC, Webkit, you name it) do

fucking imbeciles

Github bugtracker not making enough money for you, Microsoft? Competition worrying you?

GOOD.

I hope JIRA makes you sweat. Serves you right for buying Github and wrecking it, making it non-profitable. If Github ever was profit making.

Attached: haha.jpg (672x480, 48K)

All the pasta. Microsoft shill.

oh lol talking about competition with some outdated bloated piece of Java crap which requires a dedicated xeon server to run

or gitlab if you have the shekels to pay for features

Jira admins are necessary for larger companies. Else, when your teams want to change things, they fuck everything up.

eferferf

how then the chromium or golang devs cope? how on earth ghc has been written?