The literal state of Jow Forums

>Apple releases a very competitively price reference monitor for professionals
>Jow Forums doesn't understand the difference between a gaymer monitor and a reference monitor so trashes it

Get a job you pathetic NEETs

Attached: apple-pro-display-xdr-hands-on-11-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.it/atFoliX-Anti-Shock-Pellicola-Protettiva-ColorEdge/dp/B07FWBFCV3?SubscriptionId=AKIAIPHVZTVH6LZ5BFZA&tag=tech08c20-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07FWBFCV3&ascsubtag=cbq-2000806683981289237-21
eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg3145/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Monitor is the least controversial part of the presentation, nice strawman.

>for professionals
>does not have 100% DCI-P3 coverage
Choose one, Mr Apple Merchant.

>Apple releases expensive monitor
>Applefags suddenly become monitor experts
>Now monitor and Stand.dio are good price
Youthoughtitwasabargainbititismedio

reminder

Attached: 1559723493871.png (1289x409, 289K)

>>does not have 100% DCI-P3 coverage
yeah good luck with that

This must be the enemy stand.

>applel
>competitive price
>for """"professionals""""
Eizo takes a shit on applel and is made for real professionals.

this

I know it doesn't fit your retarded Apple hate narrative, but there are a massive number of production companies that edit primarily on Apple hardware. These 'Applefags' know very well what they need from a monitor.

The average Jow Forums lurker on the other hand is more interested in gaymer marketing buzzwords such as 144hz.

a large portion of companies that have used Apple hardware in the past have moved onto non-Apple machines due to the trashcan Mac Pro being a POS, and not updating it just until now

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-06 22-14-27.png (500x145, 25K)

>EIZO CG319X
>350cd/m2
>1500:1

This doesn't even come close to the Apple display. Apple completely shits on Eizo.

Attached: Eizo garbage.jpg (490x490, 27K)

Nobody is talking about the trashcan faggot

>seething

Attached: 1559364910517.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

i worked at a high end animation company who used to do visuals for massive tours and live productions.

i was there for five years, when i started me and one other guy were the only PC fags. by the time i left the only mac was a single mac pro left for FAT32 timesaving or pro-res conversion (before aftercodecs).

macs are done in the high end professional space. they're the realm of art fags and students now.

Not really, the majority still use MacBook Pros and iMacs for the actual editing.

Attached: hegzBtajMgaJ8pvim9rLAJ.jpg (2000x1128, 797K)

Anyone want to pitch in to a Gofundme to get a bunch of Satanichia cosplayers to mock Apple store staff?

Attached: 1502749775954.png (386x367, 249K)

>everyone who is not an Applefag is a childish gaymur
Nice use of a strawman and buzzwords.

>nice strawman

Not really, there have been dozens of threads specifically about the monitor, filled with people that mocked its 60hz refresh rate and of course its price.

Attached: H4vJ0fJV2aRKrmRG0j03bBAqh1RA9f0lHZjfHD_guCU.jpg (640x513, 78K)

forget about that grand stand for a moment, But the apple display is fucking good one.
i still cant believe they manage to sell for only 5grand with that kind of specs like 1000nits sustain high XDR etc. this kind of specs are for flimmakers for sure.

It's gonna be decent option for small studios and independent filmmakers who wants to make use of HDR technology
but I don't see any of the large production studios purchasing this instead of the better & pricier EIZO or SONY

No, just everyone bashing this monitor for not understanding what a reference monitor is.

There's plenty of reasons to hate about Apple, but this monitor is not one of them.

>competitively priced monitor

you can fucking buy the absolute monster of a monitor
amazon.it/atFoliX-Anti-Shock-Pellicola-Protettiva-ColorEdge/dp/B07FWBFCV3?SubscriptionId=AKIAIPHVZTVH6LZ5BFZA&tag=tech08c20-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07FWBFCV3&ascsubtag=cbq-2000806683981289237-21

for 40 bucks!

"The retina is all i need! I like dont need your stupid expensive ref monitors! Apples monitors are like the best on the market and if i dont work with prints but youtube and instagram there is like no need to calibrate your monitor!"
Apple releases ref monitor
"It makes sense! Every serious workstation needs a calibrated monitor! Im buying this because its like really cheap for a factory calibrated monitor and you know it! Of course i need a ref monitor, i am working in media like youtube and instagram!"

Attached: 1420879248028.jpg (400x400, 90K)

>for professionals
>IPS with 576 dimming zones
>when the competition has OLED reference monitors or IPS with double the dimming zones
>No SDI
It's a rather lacking professional monitor

So basically consumers versus professionals?

Attached: 1559655319217.jpg (1001x1000, 105K)

>Get a job
Timestamp your paycheck, poorfag pajeet.

Bravo

OLED is awful at brightness though.

if you don't want OLED you can get an EIZO with the panasonic IPS panel which has a 'real' contrast ratio of 1 mil to 1

>eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg3145/index.html

More that apple makes the decision on what is a professional setup for their user base.
Im calling it now, no apple user thinks touchscreen is something you need on a professional laptop
but as soon as apple releases a laptop with a touchscreen everyone will tell you that you NEED that to be productive.
The same scenario would unfold for Nvidia GPUs, good keyboards, server hardware, sd-card reader built in, cooling, functionality over looks, good warranty, modularity, good chargers, different options in the hardware lineup and more.
We have all seen it before and we will all see it again.

Could someone redpill me on these Apple monitors? What makes them so expensive?

High contrast ratio, high brightness and extended colour space. You need all three to properly edit (HDR) video.

Sure, plenty of Apple fanboys will blindly follow their leader. But nowadays even places like Jow ForumsApple are making arguments against some of the questionable or downright retarded design choices or polices.

Every large popular brand will have its retarded fanboys.

>not made by apple
Opinion discarded

>tfw the dumb $999 stand is actually marketing strategy to accentuate the "competitiveness" of the monitor
>tfw people fall for it
>tfw Jow Forums shill it non-stop inadvertently
4D chess at it's finest.

Attached: 1492267200763.jpg (659x531, 35K)

We're not talking about the trashcan but about the massive number of production companies editing on... Wait, what are they editing on? Macbook air?

When I was a teenager I remember looking around for a second-hand monitor that could do 1600X1200 resolution (bear in mind this was late 90s) and ended up with a 17-inch Eizo CRT, which I got for about £80. It was a decent monitor, but I'd never heard of the brand before or since, until recently in these threads. Was it a bigger find than I knew at the time?

iMacs and MacBook Pros

Attached: mac-mini_desktop_usecase_calarts_10302018_inline.jpg.large.jpg (571x322, 169K)

Apple is generally pretty good with colour coverage on their rebranded monitors. I'd expect it to be trying to reach 80% Rec 2020

Reee a little harder please, my power level is lagging.

Yes

The "issue" is Jow Forums expected Apple to release a prosumer computer and monitor.

Most modular PCs are prosumer by nature, in the sense that you can build them with quite powerful parts (cpu, mobo, gpu, etc.) at a premium, but without having to go all out to server/enterprise parts for a huge premium. T.bh this has more to do with the fact that "prosumer" is mere marketing bullshit, it just means high end consumer parts, not a completely different system architecture.

Anyway, Apple skipped the "prosumer" tier and offered straight pro/server/enterprise/whatever-you-wanna-call-it hardware.
That falls completely out of most people's needs and budget. "Prosumer" parts can be justified by an enthusiast and are still within realistic budgets. Pro parts aren't.

I'd have also liked if they offered the old Mac Pro (not trashcan) form factor, with support for threadrippers and a high end motherboard with tons of pcie and ram slots. But they don't.
However I don't think what they offer is bad or bad value for their *intended market*.

Same goes for the display. I'd love an Apple Cinema display at 5K, like the one in the iMac 5K, but with better calibration and adobe rgb coverage, for $1500-2000. I have no use for a reference monitor.

All in all the display is not bad value at all, it's basically future proof for the next decade if not more.

You do know the 1000000:1 contrast Apple claims is dynamic, right? (btw the Eizo is 1500 static, and also 1000000 dynamic)
They don't even mention a number for static contrast, and judging by it's luminance going to the moon, I'm sure it's going to be pretty shitty.

Based Satania.

People around here always look for a trason to shit on Apple products because they're fashionable.
It's like /v/ shitting on popular games or /faþ shitting on popular brands etc, people on Jow Forums are just chronic contrarians.
The worst thing is that they don't just try to ignore it, they talk about it for hours.
Imagine being so dumb you talk about things you hate all the time lmao.

Attached: 1539741951864.jpg (400x400, 13K)

They should have just included the stand with the monitor and tacked on an extra $1000 and there would be zero controversy.

My autism won't let me stop, take the screen on the latest iMac for instance, as we have numbers for both static and dynamic contrast. It claimed a 2000000:1 dynamic contrast, but on static it could "only" do 1000:1. Also, a common marketing trick to get dynamic contrast numbers is measuring bright pixels on maximum brightness, then dark pixels on minimum brightness. Remember that static contrast is measured on a single point in time (same conditions and settings), and dynamic is measured over a period of time.

miniled

>t. Asspained Crapple shill

This thread is fucking dogshit and you should all be ashamed. Both macfaggots pandering to the rotting cock of steve blow jobs now spearheaded by tim COCK and the braindead "atheists" replying to the same thread every fucking day with the same dumb fucking anime shit.

If moot was still here to see what a shitshow this website turned out to be he would have pulled the plug eons ago.

Attached: 5g.gif (206x176, 370K)

>t. Asspained anti-apple shill
1 rupee deposited in your account

That Eizo is fucking $5.7K and 4K resolution only.

>but moar numberz is betterer
Don't worry, we already established this apple monitor is for """professionals"""

It is if you're actually working on 4K content. With a 6K resolution, you can have a 4K viewport with your non linear editor in the remaining 2K.

Is that really necessary? Not really, but it is a convenience that an actual professional might appreciate in their workflow.

And what does this EIZO do better to justify the higher price than the apple monitor?

LUT tables, software profile mananger colors

>feeling an incredible sense of irony after working at a studio that edited yoga videos and a local tv news station and seeing everyone using thin clients with Best Buy tier displays connected to a huge server running...windows

real 1,000,000 : 1 contrast ratio
Apple's display is a 'dynamic' 1,000,000 : 1

It's not good enough for real multimillion editing. There are 20k USD screens with better contrast and color space coverage made specifically for that. Or are you so poor you have to settle for Apple?

imagine believing apple price their shit reasonably

nobody is arguing about the monitor

I wonder if that faggot still browse Jow Forums.