Work Notebook

So far I have used my company's macbook pro for work and at home a gaming setup for private use.

Not that I go into freelancing, I need to buy my own work notebook. Can Jow Forums recommend me one? I strongly prefer using Unix (eg Mac or Linux) because I am used to it and do some DevOps stuff at work as well.

What I really, really liked about MacOS is the touchpad with the zoom-in/out and scroll-with-two-fingers gesture. Is it possible on Linux with any of the notebook manufacturers? Other than the touchpad, the battery life, screen quality and CPU should be the most important factors.

Attached: home_office.jpg (679x1019, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/8fk2rm/the_status_of_touchpad_gestures_on_linux/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mac#Touchpad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nigga just get a mbp. Buy the one that doesnt have the touchbar and run heavy stuff in the pc at home.

No its not possible. Macs aren't worth the money. Get a thinkpad end of the line and put fedora on it.

Hmm, I thought at least the Chinkbooks from Huawei etc which are basically MBP ripoffs should have some touchpads similar to a Mac. Is it really so bad?

>zoom-in/out and scroll-with-two-fingers gesture
even 300~400 buck midrange laptops have these features

XPS & Thinkpads have decent trackpads
but getting them to work on Linux like on macOS, you'll gonna have to look up stuff

what do you even want to accomplish with this post?
lurk for more than 1 minute and you would know everyone here will tell you thinkpads
just buy the latest T series retard

I bought a second hand MacBook Pro 15 2018 for 1.3k, it’s a 5 year investment at least. But I don’t know really cus these new MACs are often faulty and Apple just Jews you out of a free repair. If this one breaks I ll just buy a cheap and run everything at home with my future to be desktop

the answer is always thinkpad, user. most distros ship with two-finger scrolling if you don't want to use the superior trackpoint. you can configure multi-touch gesture stuff however you want beyond that. there's some stuff on the arch wiki about this, iirc

Attached: 1540612256852.png (800x800, 655K)

>cute
That foot is fucking disgusting, how is it cute, you nigger?

I think Lenovo has some decent Notebooks but a Thinkpad is just for people stuck in the past IMHO. The keyboard feels like jelly and the thing is too heavy to carry around. I don't need all that useless and heavy hardware that I could get with an adapter

you're fucking stupid?
I said the latest model, idiot

>heavy
modern t-series weigh barely more than 1kg. how much of a fucking manlet are you that you can't have 1kg in your backpack without fucking collapsing?

also gtfo with the keyboard shit. they're among the best if not the best laptop keyboards out there. you're a fucking retard.

If one of you, disgusting footfag, will at least try to think about writing "imagine the smell", I swear to God, I'll personally make everyone suffer.

Attached: SNIFF.jpg (808x500, 66K)

You're a dead man.

>elbows too pointy
>2/10 would not bang

OP here, ok according to this here:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/8fk2rm/the_status_of_touchpad_gestures_on_linux/

multitouch has been patented by Apple and MS and trying to get it to work on Linux will always be a pain in the ass because all the solutions are hacks from hobby-developers and there are no solutions optimized for any particular hardware.

So I will just get myself a Macbook Pro (sigh). At least I can save taxes when buying stuff for work and Apple has good resell value.

Imagine the smell

You're fucking dead.

kill me, babe

Smellniggers are the absolute worst, most embarrassing segment of foot fetishism. Almost as bad as the trampleniggers.

>trusting plebbit
they'll say anything that doesn't just automaticaly work is too hard

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mac#Touchpad
most of the stuff here should work on any laptop. save yourself from failing keyboards and display cables. get a machine that's built to last and can do the shit you want.

They are just virgins, man. Cute feet don't smell at all. If you enjoy a girl's odors, pussy and ass have a much more distinctive smell.

Attached: feet.png (680x1020, 626K)

Lenovo Ideapad 3xx

or Dell similar of the same form factor

/thread

TITS or GTFO

Google pixel i7 with ubuntu

>Um excuse me, I'm a foot fetishist with actual taste, not some weirdo.

kek

Checkout Asus laptops and ignore the fatass thinkpad neckbeards.

I want to lick her feet.

>asus
if you're going to recommend a brand besides thinkpad, at least recommend one that makes enterprise grade gear and not consumer tier trash

>no stockings
>Hideous feet
>red painted toenails

Attached: 1536585993994.png (335x449, 237K)

I want to rub my pee pee on that foot.

>macs aren't worth it
>get an expensive thinkpad that costs the same
retard