Is this technically possible

Do vr fighting games like this exist? [spoiler]me on the right I love tomboys [/spoiler]
I'd run out and get a vive index right fucking now if they did
Hyperthetically is body mind vr interfaces even possible? Not just for vidya obviously.

Attached: images-48.jpg (695x441, 43K)

Maybe really goofy fighting games, but if you've ever been in a fight you'd know that the physical requirements of a fight, even something simple like karate pointfighting, would require more physical objects than a VR helmet.
Consider throwing a punch and having it blocked, or even just having two people run at each other at full speed, where do you end up? You'd need some sort of full body suit with wires or something that would handle collisions for you.

No I'm talking full body mind interfaces not the 1.5 way shit we have now which can sort of read you brain/nevorous system inputs but can't really fake signals back.
I'm talking full matrix shit not the silly goggles we have now

There is that one from that boxing movie that premiered last year but i forget it's name.

Ahh gotcha. I do think it will be possible eventually and I'd be totally into this, except one for one fear from like a million scifi scenarios:
Getting trapped in the game. If you're inside the "matrix" and your senses are all controlled in the video game, how do you take it off with your real body?

Well assuming they can keep digital backups of human consciousness by then I don't think there will be an issue with that.
Like in gits/altered carbon if the main host dies a backup is restored
Think uss McAllister with Todd having backed up his own conciousness

Attached: 1459849668934.webm (640x480, 2.44M)

To me that doesn't solve the problem. If I'm trapped in some virtual world, and some copy of me lives on, good for that copy. If such a copy exists, it should be free.
But I'm still fucking trapped.

hilarious

So your trapped in another world? Ain't so bad no worse than irl

My real body is gonna dehydrate in a week, then I die. Not great.

Awesome
Fuck biological prisons user ascend

Attached: 1473162124415.png (679x427, 32K)

Yeah but then it ends, your body worked, nobody will continue paying your electric bill.

Entropy death and life comes for us all user
An ending is a foregone conclusion

Attached: 1559241826780.jpg (250x237, 16K)

Yeah but I'd rather not end it next week.

I think if such a system existed, I'd plug it into some sort of physical timer that cut out the electricity after an hour to reduce the risk.

The thirteenth floor did this but ofc some Madmen will mod it to extend the timer

You know, I've never seen The Thirteenth Floor. Added to my to-watch list.

What's that symbols on Apu's shirt?

Exiztenz is decent as well buy goofy.
Mid to late 90s kino is full of matrix like shit the wachowskis copied
Johhny mnemonic is another one
Star trek badge?

Good taste, I like both of those. On the topic of Existenz, I've never seen anything from David Cronenberg I didn't like. Check out Videodrome if you haven't.

Niggaaaah that's one of my favourite movies.
Horror scifi that skews to metaphorical psychological shit is under rated
Event horizon is another but it's shilled to death we will never see the uncut version remastered

>Star trek badge
So, he's a white supremacist? I knew it.

That episode was fucking trash

I thought it was great. But lots of unexplored possibilities

> why didn't they both pick a girl toon and lesbo it up, like 99% of guys would
> why didn't the girl tie up the guy and gag him so he can't exit the game and is stuck as her cockslave forever
> why didn't we see the bear sex