Do you use middle click/scroll wheel?

Do you use middle click/scroll wheel?

Attached: mcowboys_Heston.jpg (1192x1538, 459K)

nobody clicks it. everybody scrolls it.

I use a three button mouse, so yes I always use the middle button.

yes

no. use that button instead.

Attached: 1559803064567.jpg (726x433, 42K)

>not opening a hyperlink in a new tab

Fuck you, scrolling long web pages is far comfier when you can just click the wheel and then slide up and down the page by moving the mouse up and down. Scrolling noises get old pretty quickly.

Attached: yes.gif (156x225, 2.33M)

>when you can just click the wheel and then slide up and down the page by moving the mouse up and down.

that does sound cool but mine does not do that. I'm on Debian XFCE, logitech shit mouse. the scroll wheel does what it should, but when I click it down and move the mouse, the cursor is all that moves.

Clicking on a link in a brower with a scroll wheel always opens it in a new tab, so yes. A lot.

gnu Linux users will defend this

yes
new tab
scroll
close tab

Attached: yes fuck yes.png (292x315, 65K)

Yes, I almost always open things in a new tab. An ultra stiff middle mouse button is a bit of a deal breaker for me on a mouse, I wish manufacturers would stop that.

I use PgDown and PgUp

Get a trackball instead.

Defend what? That he is too stupid to add that functionality to his desktop environment?

>Scrolling noises get old pretty quickly.

what exactly is a "scrolling noise".

that was fast

>That he is too stupid to add that functionality to his desktop environment?

I am pretty stupid when it comes to this sort of thing. Where would I "add that functionalilty"?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-06_12-57-47.png (496x516, 49K)

and Behavior doesn't seem to show it:

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-06_12-59-09.png (501x507, 35K)

I use middle mouse to open new tabs

I said add to it, that means it isn't a setting, you idiot. If it was in the settings you wouldn't have to add it.

I use it because it opens links in a new tab, and it's the ping button in my vidya games

>I said add to it, that means it isn't a setting, you idiot.

I agree that one of us is an idiot. I guess the "joke" is that I'm supposed to write the code. Oh well, bye, Jow Forums, I've had my daily dose of nerd humor.

Just use xinput, you spastic.

I don't click the middle mouse button for scrolling but I do open new tabs and close tabs with it. That's basically it, I think.

clicking links with the scrollwheel button opens them in a new tab, yes, i use it a hell of a lot

I broke mine years ago so I bound it to a thumb button and have used it ever since in the thumb button even when I replaced my mouse.

I use it for opening/closing new tabs and autoscrolling.

>not having a trackir setup for hands-off scrolling

The noise the scroll wheel makes when you use it. Maybe you have some brand new sorta silent glide whatever wheel, but my old MX518 makes one hell of a racket when I scroll.

>not using j and k

Attached: aguero.jpg (1008x1133, 525K)

based

Attached: control_room.gif (452x306, 1.39M)

I use it for opening links in new tabs

I used the scroll wheel when it worked. After 1.5 years it works erratically so I don't use it. Sucks to much to scroll 2 steps down and the page to go 1 step up.

I use ( and ) or space and b or ctrl-n and ctrl-p. Or d and u or j and k or pgdown and pgup. Also gg and G.

that's right

OP do you right click and then open link in new tab?

Attached: wallhaven-50966o9.png (2560x1600, 2.64M)