Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer 1.7 released, Affinity Publisher available for pre-order

A whole bunch of new features and performance upgrades abound.

affinity.serif.com/en-us/press/newsroom/biggest-ever-affinity-updates-bring-unrivalled-speed-power-and-extensive-new-features/

affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/

Affinity Publisher is now available for pre-order.

affinity.serif.com/en-us/publisher/

All three are on sale for 20% off. No subscription.

Is this the beginning of the end for Adobe's monopoly?

Attached: the-1-7-versions-of-affinity-designer-and-affinity-photo-have-been-launched-simultaneously-on-mac-wi (720x446, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap
vice.com/en_us/article/a3xk3p/adobe-tells-users-they-can-get-sued-for-using-old-versions-of-photoshop
diyphotography.net/using-older-adobe-cc-apps-could-get-you-sued-adobe-warns/
affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who?

Attached: .jpg (640x480, 109K)

Affinity Photo = Photoshop competitor

Affinity Designer = Illustrator competitor

Affinity Publisher = InDesign competitor

There are no subscriptions and you won't risk being sued for using older versions, so a lot of people have been switching over from Adobe to Affinity.

Just got both last Saturday and I don't regret it.

It didn't have to be this way, but this is the future Adobe chose.

Already pirated it.

>Is this the beginning of the end for Adobe's monopoly?
Hopefully. But at least it’s now possible to do everything the average user needs of what Creative Cloud offers with perpetual license software.

Noice.

How preferable is this to Adobe?

>Is this the beginning of the end for Adobe's monopoly?

Adobe has no monopoly over anything.
They are a monopoly in the same sense Starbucks is a coffe monopoly, or Apple is a computer monopoly. IE only if you're a dumb faggot.

But another competitior in the field sure sounds like a great thing.

Attached: 1557478471781.jpg (666x728, 126K)

It may be good but I hate getting used to a new GUI when I'm used to Adobes for like two decades so I'm sticking with Adobe! Oh yeah!

kys

Attached: 1537253949193.png (339x542, 39K)

The UI was pretty easy for me to get accommodated to and I've been using Photoshop for over a decade.

Is this FOSS?

Last I checked Photo had terrible catalog control, has that been improved?
I don't want to load every single image separately. I want to be able to scrub through my photos to pick out the best ones to work on.

:^)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 23.44.12.png (756x652, 111K)

I know but I don't care. someone has to do something against that obvious shill

>I want to be able to scrub through my photos to pick out the best ones to work on.
Do you not have a file system?

I think they might mean maybe something like Bridge perhaps?

I'm sorry, buddy, but you must pay for advertisement on this website.
Btw, affinity is non free software, aka, botnet.
You should only use free software for image manipulation, like GIMP, for example.

Attached: 1541291206153.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

Not equivalent to having a proper catalog.

based affinity. fuck adobe and fuck any software company that uses subscription models

GIMP is fairly decent for a couple of things, but not suitable for professional work.

>no CMYK support
>no 32 bpp support
>no layer styles
>no adjustment layers
>no smart filters
>no clipping masks
>gradient maps can't be edited after being applied
>can't edit rotated text without losing your rotation
>can't select multiple layers at once
>no shape tool

GIMP is open source, contribute and implement all functionality you think it should have.

>if it's so bad why don't you make your own

>any software company that REQUIRES subscription models

Fixed. I don't mind companies offering subscription models as long as people still have the choice to buy a perpetual license instead.

hmmmmmmmm, this is a compromise i'm alright with
as long as the "perpetual" license doesn't cost half a house

But you don't need to make your own, there's already solid start. I'm just saying, if you're lacking some functionality - implement it.
Where do you think you are? /gd/?

Why would a company offer subscription and perpetual license?
I mean, maybe Adobe would do it per version of their software so you'd need a new license each time they version up Photoshop, but either way one will be considerably better than the other so having both makes no sense.

Or use a software that has all those things since forever ago.
>inb4 muh open sores
Yeah yeah.

GIMP is written in C. How long would it take for someone with little experience in programming to become competent coding in C enough to realistically be able to contribute to projects?

>There are no subscriptions and you won't risk being sued for using older versions
I just pirate Adobe software

Yeah, Affinity is only 4 years old and already has essential features that GIMP's roadmap doesn't indicate is coming until years down the line.

wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap

You should really shill this on And take your audience with you

i gave them my money because fuck Adobe

Buzzwords don't change the fact that this new software is already miles ahead than gimp.

Looks interesting. Not that expensive. Hope it works well.

Linux version when?

>and you won't risk being sued for using older versions
Wait what?! That happened?

vice.com/en_us/article/a3xk3p/adobe-tells-users-they-can-get-sued-for-using-old-versions-of-photoshop

diyphotography.net/using-older-adobe-cc-apps-could-get-you-sued-adobe-warns/

>botnet
No one cares.

Looks pretty sexy. I'm going to test out Clip Studio Paint next time it goes on sale before I purchase Affinity Photo.

How does AP compare to CSP/Sai in terms of brush customization and other features?

>You won't believe this new software that's miles ahead of GIMP. Here's what you need to know.

>affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
€40? What's the catch? How does it compare to PS?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1123x701, 47K)

Why do you have to be such a wiseass, user?

>No Linux version
Come the fuck on.

Illustration software usually doesn't cost too much. $30-60 is the norm, so €40 sounds about right.

>1%
>90% of that 1% are cheap fucks refused to buy any kind of software

SAGE

Many job openings for graphic design positions currently explicitly mandate that you have experience with Adobe software. You literally need to use Adobe software to qualify for several design jobs.

Hopefully the rise of alternatives like this will relax that.

Attached: fc-cincinnati-gd-job.png (601x286, 15K)

Fuck off, stupid shill. Shit that doesn't support Linux is about as much Jow Forums as your grandma.

Man I wish Allegorithmic merged with them.

holy FUCK have sex

I bought affinity designer and find it frustrating compared to ps+illu combo. I still fire it up from time to time just so I can learn and possibly move from adoSHIT to affinity.

>muh butnut meem