Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 51MZavLVJsL.jpg (333x500, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/63910/setting-up-multiple-wireless-access-points-on-same-network
ipaustralia.gov.au/trade-marks/understanding-trade-marks/trade-mark-costs
amazon.com/PCI-Express-Adapter-Card/dp/B0024CV3SA?th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=SlzwMKcCoMI&list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I take a Full Stack developer job (role - "Trainee - Software Engineer") which uses Microsoft stack.
Or look for another job in Java field.
I am a fresher.

Might as well ask this question here.
I'm brainlet in this kind of stuff, but is it normal if your screen is rather a bit dimmer in all side of IPS display? Is it expected behavior?

How do I compile from tar files on arch?

Attached: 1549562696949.png (361x542, 235K)

Have a SSD that I've used for Windows 7 for 6 years and want to put Linux on it. I've read that formatting a SSD that's been used a lot won't bring it back to it's original speed and you have to do a secure erase or something. Is it mandatory? I tried secure erasing a HDD once and it took a whole day.

How do I introduce myself to a potential employer via email? I just want to get a job ;_;

Would this be a good solution?
serverfault.com/questions/63910/setting-up-multiple-wireless-access-points-on-same-network

I need to use WhatsApp as much as I hate it and have refused to use it over the past few years. I have access to a number that is not in use that I can feed to it but I'm not sure how to go about actually installing it or using it online. Is there a way for me to shutdown all of its functionality or quarantine it so that the data snooping is minimal? Keep in mind I don't even plan on using it often anyway. If I could I'd rather use something with at least a shred of privacy, but in this case I cannot. My phone is not rooted.

can someone on a non firefox browser tell me if this page is completely fucked?

ipaustralia.gov.au/trade-marks/understanding-trade-marks/trade-mark-costs

i know this is probably not the right place to ask but do you know what font is this?

Attached: what font.jpg (848x477, 91K)

Is there some simple way to copy multiple urls here? For some reason there is no copy all addresses option. I've tried a few workarounds from stackoverflow but they are either outdated or just don't work. I've no experience using Google's dev tools so not very qualified to say which is which, I'm also super retarded so that doesn't help.

Right now what I've gotten to work is saving it all as a har file, and then parsing the urls using GrepWin by searching for common syntax, but this is far from ideal. Thoughts?

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1197x723, 538K)

I'm using numpy for the first time and I can't get .zeros to return a vector instead of a matrix.
np.zeros((1, n)) returns [[0. 0. 0.]], but I want it to return [0. 0. 0.]. I feel like .zeros should be able to return this, and I don't want to write something like np.zeros((1, n))[0] because that's what a fag would do

Any way to plug PCI card into PCI-e x1 or PCI-e x16? I made mobo upgrade but i dont want to pass on my audigy card

firefox can
google it nigger amazon.com/PCI-Express-Adapter-Card/dp/B0024CV3SA?th=1

>firefox can
Oh...well this awkward. I'm using an older version because I don't want to update and lose certain add ons...and it doesn't seem to allow multiple selections.

Some say using animated wallpapers drain the battery quicker. Is it true?

Just installed Arch, and I get pic related when I arrive at the TTY login. Same thing happens when I boot into the Arch live usb.

If I plug the display cable into the motherboard, this doesnt happen at all; it's only when the display is connected to my RTX 2080. Any ideas what it could be? I can't imagine it's a regular driver issue since X/wayland isnt running.

From looking at the docs, then trying it on my I my system with python3, I'd say leave out the '1' in your call. I got this:
>>> import numpy as np
>>> n = 3
>>> first = np.zeros((1,n))
>>> first
array([[0., 0., 0.]])
>>> second = np.zeros(n)
>>> second
array([0., 0., 0.])
>>>

Forgot image

Attached: photo_2019-06-06_13-30-07.jpg (854x640, 56K)

Much love

just use a diffeent fork, you can run your security vulnerable version as well as nightly together

How do you reinstall windows without losing anything

Is there some standard way to view the source code of addons that are open-source on the firefox addon repository? I can't find a link anywhere

How can I add the OpenNic sources to DNSCrypt? I can get the .md file but I can't figure out how to get the minisign key.

You're going to lose whatever files are on the harddrive disk where Windows is installed or going to be installed. So just save things on a different disk that you don't want to lose. You can make multiple partitions if you only have 1 drive.

don't use a meme "read the wiki and janitor all your bits manually" distro like arch if you lack the problem solving skill to even look up what a tar file is

Is pygame worth it? I only know Python and all the documentation that I've found makes my head hurt. And that all for crappy 2D games.

I can't download the Opesuse iso by torrent. It's just for me or all trackers are down?

How i check that?

looks fine on latest chromium

Right, just did this. You still don't have the option to copy the addresses or domains across multiple selections, although now you can select multiples. Well whatever, I give up. I have a way that works well enough with the .har files.

It turns out in the end I didn't even really need the old Firefox extensions as DownloadThemAll no longer seems able to parse the entirety of an instagram page. Guess it's back to the drawing board for my never ending quest for thots.

Attached: 14359389_1184525231619625_2025841592832622592_n.jpg (1080x1349, 175K)

thanks, now that i remember most of the governemts websites dont work on firefox. when i wanted to stop my medical records being automatically released nationally i had to download chromium

theres a replacement for dta, cnt remember what its called and im comfy right now so ill post in 5 hours if i remember

Attached: Screenshot_20190607-040348.jpg (1536x1998, 769K)

can anyone link me to a legitimate guide on how to install PE rom on the redmi note 7 pro

I assume its the same as any other rom?

Is there a way to get my phone off the blacklist if I’m not the original owner

Attached: 4CE39050-95F3-4DCA-A150-B593DE7A2A5A.jpg (1242x625, 230K)

you have to bring the original owner in to the store with you probably
if you bought it off them and then they reported it stolen you can probably sue in small claims court for the money back

Well I got it from someone who isn’t the original owner either, I don’t know who is

so you purchased stolen goods?

then you sue the guy who sold you a stolen phone

What do I do with a seized screw on my CPU cooling unit? The back bolt turns along with it. I tried gripping it hard with pliers but it's just not fucking popping.

>internet fucked
>switch to mobile hotspot
>configure it wrong (thought I set up a password which I did but it just ignored it and allowed anyone)
>check phone after ~5 min
>3 devices connected
>wtf?
>shut it down, switch to allowed devices only and manually confirm my pc
so that's it for my blog
The question is how fucking far does the hotspot reach? I live almost in the middle of nowhere and just like that 2 other faggots connect almost instantly?

Also the question is if I'm in danger or if I should take care of something preventive because of those two fags connecting

did you check the device names? probs not far, like 20m is pushing it

both were "android" and some string of numbers I think

is 430w enough for a rx 470

do dns adblockers work? should I put this on my router?

For WPA_GUI, does the bigger the - dBm is mean that the connection is better or worse?

What is the best way to download xfce4 and use flags to use? I get a bunch of errors related to thunar, xfce4--session, and xscreensaver.

>Don't use a distro you like only have one problem with it and ask a stupid question in /sqt/

he might be right, you have a steep learning curve ahead of you, tar is an archive format like zip, you can extract it using the tar command, check help page for exact arguments

don't use a distro for knowledgeable hobbyists if you're a brainlet without simple googling skills because you'll need to use them thousands of times

why is the allocated size so much larger than the acutal size? im losing like 200gb on my ssd to this phenomenon

Attached: Capture.png (272x141, 5K)

chances are you have lots of small files in this directory

I want to output the contents of an array in Bash to a text file. In theory it wouldn't make a difference for its later use, if all elements are in a single line as long as they are separated by spaces, but I'd prefer each element to be on a new line.
I could just loop through all elements and append them to the file, but I wonder if there's a more elegant way of doing this.

Attached: misc.png (500x500, 31K)

no way to decrease size on disk?

What would you call an encryption algorithm that uses different passwords for encryption and decryption (if such a thing even exists)? I can only assume that encryption password would be derived from the decryption password, or vise versa.

Attached: Manowar.jpg (809x554, 72K)

reformat with smaller allocation size

you would call this asymmetric-key cryptography or public-key cryptography
this is what powers PGP and enables SSL certificates to work in your browser, for example.

Well, that was easier than I thought.
printf "%s\n" "${array[@]}"
does exactly what I want and is even immune to word splitting.

Attached: misc2.png (502x491, 29K)

Anyone with experience with Coub's API here? Why doesn't the timeline endpoint allow me to get pages >= 100?

When dual booting, is it better to have my OS's in 2 different drivers? I have 1 ssd and 1 hdd. I'm dual booting Loonix (dev and shitposting) and Winblows (/v/idya), what's the most optimal choice?
>ssd loonix hdd winblows
>sdd winblows, ssd loonix
>ssd linux and winblows, hdd shared (ntfs or exfat partition)

I knew it was something simple I was forgetting. Thanks.

More specifically tag timelines. Channel timelines work fine.

How do I setup ncmpcpp to play music from a lan server? I have mpd on the server and ncmpcpp is set to target the servers lan IP, but it says connection refused

Should I make an api for websites to interact with my database or just allow direct access to the website I make with read only privileges? There isn't any sensitive data in the database and I'm not sure how to do this

windows is bloated as hell and its slow-ass boot times will definitely benefit from ssd. same for loading shit in vidya
it doesn't really matter whether you put them on separate drives
it's relatively common in linux to put your root directory on one hdd partition and then your user directory on another, so if you want to speed up the OS without dedicating all the ssd space you can put the system partition on ssd and ~/ on the hdd

if you give them direct access then everything will break horribly if you change anything about the db. using an api provides a layer of abstraction so you can change around the hardware or software without requiring your data's consumers to rewrite everything on their end each time

I see, so pretty much every website which needs to read and write to databases on the web uses rest apis as a middleman between the database and the client?

I'm getting horrible micro-stuttering in some games, but not in others. I think it only happens in games installed in my SSD and not in my old HDD.
How can I diagnose this problem? Benchmark my SSD or something? It's about 2 years old.

Stupid question: does a computer need an integrated or dedicated graphics card to draw anything on a monitor?

yes, the graphics adaptor is the only thing with a VGA (or DVI or HDMI or DisplayPort) connection

Anyone know why sometimes my computer hangs on the windows logo when its booting? The wheel will spin for 5-10 minutes before finally going to log in. The weird thing is it only happens sometimes. Other times it boots normally. So if I need to do a quick reboot I might be waiting for 10 minutes. Pic related.

Attached: Photo Jun 05, 8 45 06 PM.jpg (3024x3024, 2.62M)

What is the Jow Forums approved method of running directx games in a comfy manner:
>Wine/Proton+Lutris
Some games have glitches
>qemu with GPU passthrough
Isn't there audio issues? Must run Linux host with Intel integrated GPU then, unless I kill X every time with a script?
>dual boot
just werks, but annoying to reboot over and over
>cold turkey (Linux native games only)
sounds good, if only we get more Vulkan poets because of stadia

Old Nook tablet suddenly refusing to boot, any recommendations? It just shows the Nook logo and nothing else (before it would quickly change to cyanogenmod logo then boot that since I was using custom rom) Can't even get it to recovery mode, just stays frozen on that nook logo. Is there some way to forcefully reflash it over ADB when the tablet is completely responsive? Is the hardware most likely fucked since it got like this when I haven't touched it and it's just been sitting on my dresser for days?

A patch panel is what connects the ethernet jacks on the to a patch panel in the server room, each ethernet jack is labelled and connected to the back of the panel. The ports on the panel are then connected to the corresponding ports on the switch, so PC/EthernetJack1 will connect to port 1 on the switch.

Is this correct? Just seems odd to route everything into a panel, just to use the same amount of cables to connect it all again to something a few inches away

Is it normal to get 3-4C of variation when stress testing a CPU? I'm testing a Ryzen 2600 with a 240mm AIO. Sometimes it goes up to 58C, other times it goes to 62C. I'm doing a manual all core overclock so the frequency shouldn't be changing significantly.

> upgrade to SSD if you haven't already
> update BIOS
> format Windows
that's all you can do tbqh.

why don't more language use the actor model like Erlang or Scala?

Why won't Jow Forums-X work in Firefox unless I enable cookies?
It works just fine in Ungoogled Chromium with no cookies or javascript whatsoever...

Will I run into any problems if I take an SD card from a raspberry pi 3 and put it into a 3b+ without re-installing the OS?

Attached: 79586761.png (332x356, 44K)

you might poo a little

how do put 2x8gb ram on b350 boards? 1 and 3rd port?

Has anyone had issues installing Packettracer on kde? I did the libcrypto1.0.0 fix rom github however it still fails to launch however I'm getting a new file for libssl_conf.so and this is a brand new install. I didn't have this problem on cinnamon but I'm also not sure if I did or not. Here is the output as follows

this was run from /opt/pt/bin/PacketTracer7

./PacketTracer7: ./libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./PacketTracer7)
Auto configuration failed
139672457713536:error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library:dso_dlfcn.c:186:filename(libssl_conf.so): libssl_conf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
139672457713536:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library:dso_lib.c:244:
139672457713536:error:0E07506E:configuration file routines:MODULE_LOAD_DSO:error loading dso:conf_mod.c:285:module=ssl_conf, path=ssl_conf
139672457713536:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:MODULE_RUN:unknown module name:conf_mod.c:222:module=ssl_conf

Yeah I already have a SSD. I'm gonna try to update my BIOS and if all else fails welp its time for a reinstall. Thanks

I need to print three photos on a single sheet of paper. They need to each be 2.5 by 3.5 inches, but I don't see an option for that size when I go to print them. Is there a way to set them to that size as a custom rule or something? I googled around but could only find instructions for making a custom paper size.

>cat /proc/cpuinfo
>system type : Broadcom BCM4716 chip rev 1 pkg 9
what do 'pkg' and '9' mean in this case?

i got a free premium subscription for kaspersky and norton

which one should i use?

I've heard Kaspersky is good. I've heard Norton is an anti-virus that acts like a virus.

nah norton is just paranoid about small things

its good for people who just use the web for facecrap , insta-ego or youtube

What's a good A+ certification study book/guide? Any tips?

Attached: question.jpg (375x500, 158K)

kaspersky is at least 500% better resource wise and at least 200% better detection rates

Disable all power management (bios too) and see if that helps (best to hard reboot to make sure it takes effect)

youtube.com/watch?v=SlzwMKcCoMI&list=PLG49S3nxzAnmlC1ZsppuM7yleDuYCMHrv

the test isnt too hard but they put some unnecessary stuff on there

why is windows 10 so terrible? my files default to read-only and dont change. i figured out that "attrib -r +s" fixes it on the C drive. for some reason i get this following the exact same steps on my E drive

Attached: temp.png (780x381, 15K)

cool thanks, would you also recommend book(s) for someone who's never held a certification?

google: CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 Cert Guide

im sure you can find a free version online somewhere . i dont want to do all your homework

but the best advice i can give you is use multiple resources to study .

The bullshit thing is that the test has been split in two and you have to pay $200 for each

>Install XP, 7 and 10, nothing interfering with each other
>Installed Win10 last, use Win10 GUI boot manager
>Win10 boots fine but select anything else computer must reboot to enter OS
>Set Win7 as default OS, uses old black screen boot manager
>Select any OS, boots directly to OS.

When did new mean inefficient and rubbish?

Attached: Windows XP Speccy.png (1920x1080, 598K)

are there switches that read the signal and send it again so it doesnt degrade over extreme distances?

because of the new boot manager they use, its so modern it has its own bootstrap to get the actual boot manager (so you can use mouse etc), its the same with 8.1

I was not expecting such a well thought out answer in such a quick post. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1559523377137.gif (389x292, 1.9M)