The sheer fact that the stand for the upcoming mac desktop is $999 reverberates the fact that mac users are rich...

The sheer fact that the stand for the upcoming mac desktop is $999 reverberates the fact that mac users are rich blathering idiots.

No normal person in their right mind would fork out a g for something so arbitrary and that can easily be replaced by a stack of used books. IMO this is a test by Apple to see how dumb their dumb users really are.

Attached: mac-pro-display-100798260-large.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C620/X11SPA-TF.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When you have a business you can write it as business expense, I'd rather give my money to apple than to the IRS.

well artists and designers are not normal people so obviously they are major apple users

b-but.. you gonna have ppl see it and start laughing at you - do you REALLY want that?
The audience at the fucking _Apple Developers Conference_ no less were shocked, then booed, ffs. Now this, this is bad, even given their previous

>$999
>rich

Attached: 1554098667030.jpg (800x2500, 845K)

don't hate it because you can't afford it poorfag
Just don't buy it and let people buy what they want without judgement

Attached: stop_liking_file (1).jpg (600x673, 83K)

So don't buy the stand. Problem solved.

I'm gonna buy this case and make a workstation with it, most cases fucking suck and are gaming trash

This looks horrendous. Is the pic legit?

Imagine how much money Rossman will get when these things start breaking down.

>IMO this is a test by Apple to see how dumb their dumb users really are.
They're trying to go back to 1990s Apple, when a Powerbook cost $6K. We saw how that worked out for Apple then, I guess we'll see what happens now.

Attached: confus.jpg (301x168, 8K)

I could easily buy 5 of these and smash 4 of them if I wanted to but I don't because I'm not a dumb nigger

So what does the stand actually do? It can't be just some dumb & dead metal with a hinge for that price. Does it at least double as a docking station or something like that?

It's a slab of status symbol

It's a shop, an angry redditor has been posting the fake one all over

Aren't there limits on that? Can you really justify this shit as a business expense?

Imagine trying to focus on your work with this giant cheese grater on the side.
Literally impossible.

honestly yes. depending on the company. my gf works for a major consulting firm and her bosses don't even blink about some pretty retarded expenses. she spent $15,000 on a single overseas business class plane ticket that she could have gotten for $1000 and they didn't care. we always talk about how we wish we could just get the money instead of the expenses because there's so much waste. they go out to eat fancy dinners at $400 a plate and it's not even close to worth it. to some businesses $1000 for a computer and $10000 for a computer are almost the same thing.

>I'd rather spend 12k on a Mac pro than spend 3k on taxes and save 9k for more useful stuff

Its litteraly does nothing but hold up a $5000 "le rainbow fruit" screen.

fuck you normie

Wait... So she didn't payed a penny for that $14000 ticket?

*$15000

I didn't realize the context of your post which is about personal expenses and running your own business, but yea she didn't pay anything. her work just pays for all her expenses. she didn't pay for the plane ticket at all, and she got the travel points too.
she gets ubers home after 7 and when she's traveling all meals and costs are paid for. basically everything she's asked for has been approved. some businesses just have fucking loads of money, and things that feel like a lot to us consumers aren't a big deal for them. I'm 100% sure if she asked for a $20,000 workstation and could reasonably justify it she would get it.

I want modern tech to burn

Sent from my x220

>rich blathering idiots
Some idiots are rich. Most are not. The latter idiots preferring years of debt so that they can look cool amongst their peers.

yea from my personal experience a lot of poor people buy shit that's way beyond them to show off status, especially cars

How the hell this scam works? Money should come from somewhere. It's ridiculous if company pays for everything and don't care
t. Not American

Yep, and iproducts feature very highly on this list, especially amongst our poor and downtrodden colored brethren

Attached: LOLMACFAG.jpg (716x898, 308K)

Have you seen the ridiculous things rich people blow money on? A Mac Pro is more productive, and can help you generate money while a watch cannot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190607_015540.png (241x403, 40K)

My brother works for one of the big networks, and is the lead of all the directors. Apple rents these machines to them at bargain prices.

I'd rather pay taxes, at least SOME government expenses are helpful

.>while a watch cannot.
Wrong.
In 2013 the Patek Philippe 5131J was £45,000, now is over £100,000.

Attached: patekphilippe_5131j014_5037.jpg (1612x1612, 233K)

It's a magnetic mount with spring tensioned adjusting hinge.

Think how much they have to charge just to cover warranty costs for magnetically attaching a 32" display and have it freely adjustable with no screws or knobs needed to keep it at a certain position.

You can have 128GB of VRAM on a Mac Pro. You cannot have 128GB of VRAM on any other workstation.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x762, 76K)

They should have marketed it as $6000 but only $5000 if you already have the stand

I like how you guys are choosing to tear the monitor stand to shreds because the actual computer and display are harder targets.

Stay mad, fags.

Oh sweet summer child.

sure you can. The Nvidia Quadro RTX 8000 has 48GB VRAM. Get 4 of those if you weren't poor. They're only around $5,600 each.

How else do you get 128GB of VRAM?

NVLink only supports 2 GPUs worth of memory

this is the first reasonable explanation I've heard. The pricing for the rest of their stuff is high but not as silly as this stand.

I saw a pic the other day that showed the internal mechanism. It looks a bit complex, so it's definitely not just a slab of dumb metal.

ah well shit. 96GB ain't bad either way though. You could get a real dick kicker of a PC for $32,000 though.
>AMD EPYC 32c64t
>8x32GB of registered ECC memory
>2x RTX Nvidia Quadro 8000's

You could even step it up further and grab a dual socket SP3 board with 2x 32c64t chips.

what do you mean "scam?" does it not seem possible to you that some people or companies can make more money than they need? have you never heard stories of money that is thrown around by top-level athletes or musicians or actors? when you're worth $100,000,000, you can easily afford to blow $1000 on a bottle of champagne or $1,000,000 on a fucking bugatti sports car.

once the video card that the mac pro is actually out then yes you can lol retard

>proprietary connection

Well as a NEET its unthinkable for me about this "business expenses". Even a dollar is precious to me.

The only thing a MacPro is good for is media, and that can all be done much faster on gaming hardware. While businesses will drop money on this no problem, a normal user should not even think to consider a macpro.

The engineering software requiring a quardo or radeon pro, only runs on windows, and sometimes linux.

You don't combine VRAM across video cards you fucking tech monkey

I love its half and tri-holes design, weird airflow

Not to mention you don't have the bandwidth to utilize 128GB of VRAM if you tried

Yeah, you might be able to do it faster, but it's probably going to sound like a jet lifting off when you do. One of the best things about the Mac Pro is that it sits at 10db under load. And the upper limit on these is far, *far* higher than on gaming hardware. This bad motherfucker supports 1.5 TB of RAM. That'd make it great for VMs, just off the top of my head.

That's literally one of the headliner features of the Vega Pro II Duo ya dunce.

And that's why it uses two PCIe x16 slots both in x16 mode.

bandwidth mother fucker, not PCIe lanes

fucking straight memory bandwidth, you got what, 500gbps? 1tbps? And that's going to push 128GB VRAM?

Yeah ok kiddo

So I'll be able to pick one for $50 in 15 years and use the funny case for a meme build?

Supermicro offers up to 3TB RAM.
supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C620/X11SPA-TF.cfm

The stand is dumb and gay.
Nothing they showed in terms of hardware is meant for "users" though, retard.

Attached: 0bc2cb01860bb549af29f06fcc7e78ca279527d5.png (1000x1000, 657K)

wow so you'd rather give your money to a multinational corporation that uses child workers than to the government which actually will put that money to good use and maybe actually make a difference by y'know, actually helping your people out who need the money? I doubt your capitalist pea brain would even understand the concept of compassion and helping those less fortunate than you. I'm going to laugh when Bernie wins in 2020 and stupid fucks like you are sent out on your ass when sick the IRS on your ass and we take back all the money you've embezzled and stolen from the government and give it to people who actually need and deserve it.

Y I K E S
never go full discord tranny

Because the IRS is going to go "YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT A RYZEN 9 WORKSTATION FOR CHEAPER YOU ARE EMBEZEELINGGGGGGGG"

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said gaming hardware wasn't equivalent. Also, SuperMicro wants $500 for that motherboard alone.

The base price on the macpro is $5999, the full config is $75K. The supermicro is probably around $25K with 4 titans.

You could get an EPYC workstation powered by two rtx in sli connected to one of those huge 65" 4k 144hz HDR monitors from hp with ten thousands dollars or so.

back to leftypol tranny

>falling for obvious bait
nu-Jow Forums fags are just newfags.

That's exactly what it is. It's an arbitrary part like you said, so how many of their customers are just brainless zombies who are going to shell out the full amount for this overpriced machine with the stand included? Worse, how many will be buy MULTIPLE units of a maxed out Mac Pro.

Buying one these things must get you on a list in Apple's server titled "Useful Idiots".

>a stack of books supporting a 1 inch thick 32" monitor by balancing alone while also handling orientation shift

The criticism is valid, unfortunately it comes most from people who are fucking dumb, like you. Just don't say shit like this and you'll be ok.

Praise, from my T420

Imagine being such an ADHD child that a bunch of machines holes in a computer case distracts you from working.

I'm not a newfag, I've been here all year.

>I want modern tech to burn
>Sent from my x220

Attached: IMG_3695.png (1378x1008, 107K)

>The only thing a MacPro is good for is media, and that can all be done much faster on gaming hardware.

Imagine being this much of an underage retard. It's about the software, not the hardware when the two are otherwise basically the same. Fucking idiot. You'll learn about computers one day.

>can easily be replaced by a stack of used books

Except I'd prefer not to look like a fucking hobo when I have a client in my office. $1000 is fucking nothing and it will effectively be about $500 since it's a business expense. Wasting my time looking for a better solution will cost me more than just buying this overpriced shit.

The screen is meant for industry professionals, and for that price no other monitor does what it does.

It's only in games that you cannot combine vram child

You could at least pretend not to be a gullible retard in front of clients and just get the overpriced VESA plate, then use any professional stand for fraction of the price but many times the features. You can't even say it's wasting time when there's zero extra effort for some monetary gain. Do you think your client is impressed that you have a monitor stand that looks like any other default monitor stand? I bet the long bendy arms with endless angles which allow you to show your monitor to clients would impress them more. Who even knows how much those are worth? If they have more features they seem more expensive to clients than the Apple one, not less.

Kek, you think software companies only develop for one platform.

At least the IRS uses the money to improve roads and shit, apple just gives it to it's wealthy jewish shareholders and stashes it in tax havens.

This good.

No, that test happened years ago when the iPhone 4 came out Apple was - for a brief period of time until "Antennagate" happened - actually charging people $29.99 for the "bumper" case which was nothing more than a rubber-like band that went around the outside of the phone.

You know, the iPhone 4, the phone with the antennas that were made part of the metal band on the outside of the phone.

The microwave antennas on the outside of the phone that allowed people to physically touch them.

The microwave antennas that pumped all that microwave energy directly into the organic material of their fingers wicking away the energy to communicate with the cellular towers thereby degrading the signal strength so severely that when holding the fucking iPhone 4 it didn't work anymore.

Hence, the "bumper" which was not designed to protect the phone in any way, shape, or form, but instead it was meant to prevent the skin of the fingers from touching the metal antenna-embedded bands on the outside of the phone.

The bumper thing cost Apple like $0.13 to manufacture - that's 13 fucking pennies - and at the $29.99 retail price that was like 23,000% profit.

23,000% profit.

Think about that.

23-fucking THOUSAND percent profit.

Yep, fucking stupid customers, they actually bought plenty of them before Apple started giving them out for free when Antennagate hit full stride.

Attached: Bumper.jpg (1024x685, 283K)

>The microwave antennas that pumped all that microwave energy directly into the organic material of their fingers wicking away the energy to communicate with the cellular towers
Ahahaha nigger how can you be so dumb?
It's not "organic matter absorbing the energy" you fucking mongol, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hold it in your hand at all, bumper or not.

It's that you're connecting together the cellular and wifi antennas when placing a conducive material (like your finger) over the gap between the two antennas. Bridging is the correct term.

>Hence, the "bumper" which was not designed to protect the phone in any way
What a dumbass zoomer thing to say. iPhone 4 was perfectly flat on both sides. A bumber, with the pronounced lip over the display edge and the glass back edge, meant that no matter how you dropped your phone, if it fell on a flat surface all contact would be with the bumper and not the phone glass.

Dickhead, the bumper for the iPhone 4 provided no clearance at all for the front of black glass, NONE, not even a 1/2 fucking millimeter of spacing so that if the device was laid on a flat surface the glass wouldn't touch the surface it was sitting on.

The glass made contact because the lip of the bumper was only large enough to slip over the extrusion of the metal band. Obviously you've never used an iPhone 4 with the actual Apple created bumper for it because it provides ZERO protection for the front of back glass, none whatsoever.

Touching a microwave antenna = power loss, plain and simple, and cellular phones operate at microwave frequencies > 1700 MHz for the most part. The newer devices with support for the 600 MHz LTE Band 66, well that's another story.

Now stop attempting to impress people with your lack of comprehension where microwave broadcast technology is concerned, you dickhead.

>Dickhead, the bumper for the iPhone 4 provided no clearance at all for the front of black glass, NONE, not even a 1/2 fucking millimeter of spacing so that if the device was laid on a flat surface the glass wouldn't touch the surface it was sitting on.
Absolutely wrong you fucking underage b&.
See picrelated and get assblasted.

Attached: ipone-4-bumper-case-review_2.jpg (650x548, 27K)

>he bumper was only large enough to slip over the extrusion of the metal band. Obviously you've never used an iPhone 4 with the actual Apple created bumper for it because it provides ZERO protection for the front of back glass
Ahahaha the ironing.
You just exposed yourself as NEVER even being in the vicinity of an iphone 4 + bumper, let alone touching one.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>Touching a microwave antenna = power loss
So if I touched the antenna but without short circuiting it with the wifi antenna, I would still get the same result right?

Attached: 78324724794.png (623x450, 36K)

lol REKT