Stadia Thread

This needs to be a Jow Forums discussion because /v/ are retarded babbys

how in the fuck do people actually believe game streaming will ever be feasible. I know the answer is dumb normies who dont know about basic physics or electronics, but it's the principle of the thing damn it.

Any anons who think they WON'T get frustrated at the input lag 10 seconds after they turn on the "console"?

Attached: stadia.png (696x344, 100K)

gamers will believe anything

Attached: 1549256679668.jpg (900x900, 196K)

It normally isn't but with a tech giant like Google behind it I would give it a better shot than OnLive or any other service may have had. That being said the founder's edition is meh-ly priced, enough where this will be the use of this pay period's disposable income to see if I like it. If I don't, I'll give the account over to a friend who actually needs it because he's a poor boy.

that's google's angle

get everyone to buy it because it's new, then immediately drop support because it's l i t e r a l l y u n p l a y a b l e on consumer home networks especially at scale

I have 900mbps fiber internet and 3ms ping according to google's speedtest.

I expect i'll have the best case scenario to test how good the service actually is with about as little ping as you'd reasonably expect.

Here is someone playing with the best case scenario

Attached: 1559840099215.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

That was one thing I was worried about before my purchase, the long term support. With the way they kill working apps for seemingly no apparent reason has me worried as to how long I can potentially invest myself in this if I seriously wanted to support it (assuming the service is actually pretty decent). Otherwise I assume I'll pay about $200 into the service (including the founder's edition) before I can solidly say if I like it or not. I feel that's a good amount to spend on it to make such a decision without it affecting my wallet too badly.

They've self-published best case scenario numbers for the input lag, so just go into you emulator of choice and add a-hundred-and-something MS delay.

looks like a shit computer with wifi.

I imagine ethernet with 3ms ping to the stadia server is better than ~5-10ms wifi ping on top of likely ~10-20ms ping from wherever that was done to the stadia server.

I'm very lucky to live ~15-20 miles from the data center google hosts from, I don't expect most people will fit this profile.

It looks like exactly what I'd expect from 189ms of self reported input lag.

have you met any normalfags OP? I know one that doesn't notice aspect-ratio problems from stretching a 4:3 image onto a 16:9 TV. He literally doesn't see the difference. They're banking on faggots neither noticing nor caring about 300ms ping times. And they're probably right.

This can be confirmed by whether or not they keep streamed and non-streamed gamers separate in multiplayer. If they do, like they generally do with keyboard-and-mouse PC players vs. gamepad console players, they know full well that they have a bin of retards on their hands, and they need to protect them from getting destroyed at the hands of someone with superior equipment.

>189ms of self reported input lag
Source?

They claimed far less from what I remember.

you press a button on your keyboard
it sends input to the server
it takes 16ms to process the frame on the server
it downloads a 4k frame back

there's more overhead delays because networks are naturally lossy

Attached: Google-Stadia-latency.png (650x153, 13K)

just because the test was done with google fiber doesn't mean shit.

Google fiber tends to get worse ping than I do.

PlaysStation kept PS Now going for 5 years and now everyone else is jumping in

Does anyone care about PS now?

There are several types of gamers. The low tier normie gamer can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. He can't tell the difference between zero lag and 18 frames of lag.

Your average 13 year old Xbox player chugs Mountain Dew all day and is morbidly obese, but he can at least tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps. If you secretly add 3 frames of lag to his Halo or CoD game he'll shit his pants and scream at his mother to change his diaper. Most of Jow Forums falls into this category.

PS Now is a lot better than Stadia, honestly. You don't even need a PlayStation to run it; you can run it on a Windows PC or certain TVs. Also, it's less expensive ($90/yr vs. $10/month), the catalog is already huge, and Stadia *also* makes you buy games after you subscribe, whereas PS Now has no additional costs.

Sony just made an infrastructure deal with Microsoft specifically to double down on PS Now. Once Sony starts streaming to iOS and Android (they will), it's absolutely over for Google.

Hell yeah. It's a good value, if you actually use it. Play nine games a year on it, and you've derived a better value from it than you generally can from a bin of cheap used games. Ownership? Fuck ownership of video games, they depreciate so hard that they're basically clutter you're stuck with.

GAMING PLATFORMS BELONG ON GAMING BOARDS

BACK

TO

/V/EDDIT

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 80K)

bro, cringe. Downvoted.

edit: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 12.35.23 AM.png (848x1050, 558K)

fucking kek. at my house I play ps3 lan parties with my m8s-- black ops 1 zombies, and when I am the only person left i look at my buddies screen and play with his death cam and it looks the same as this shit

5g is 1ms feasible latency, never mind the cancer if i can play console games on the bus

I suspect it will be fine for many games where delays aren't critical
However I'm not particularly enthused about even more centralisation
The platform would be quite good for modding actually, but I doubt they'll embrace that... those days are numbered

What im looking forward to is the day 1 server meltdown every always-online games as a service has these days. I said it in a /v/ thread, too. "Oh my gosh we had no idea there would be so many of you! We're doing everything to fix it!" And then they throw money at it like crazy but for 2 weeks the servers still shit the bed, by which time everyone has moved on.

5g just helps with some factors that cause latency, namely the latency associated with wireless communications like 4g or wifi.

However the internet is still a big messy pile of pipes and there is just isn't an easy way to fix this, moreover the increase in complexity to the network provided by all the nodes entering the network with 5g will probably make average latency even worst.

Like it or not, the internet is not made to sustain real time game streaming.