Best waifu

Let's talk browsers.

What are non-mainstream browsers that are not based off current Firefox or Chrome code and still viable to use, and are not full of security holes at the same time?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (266x190, 12K)

lynx

Midori
NetSurf
Otter Browser
QupZilla
Surf (suckless)

>Surf (suckless)
Fuck it for now having tabs.

does Chromium or any other fork of its code not have all of the jewgle spyware? I was using Chrome for work on my personal machine and I noticed it doesn't go to sleep anymore... it just stays awake with the HD light beeping all the time. uninstalling.

>does Chromium or any other fork of its code not have all of the jewgle spyware?
I saw it stated on Jow Forums numerous times, but I don't have any specific evidence to back it up

Lynx rocks

I'm not sure about ungoogled-chromium but Iridium does phone to google's servers

What important information do you worry about?

I hope you're trolling. otherwise you'll make a great commissar.

saw what stated?

I think I'm just going to go on without my Chrome plugins. will look into Waterfox at some point as I hate Mozilla as well.

>saw what stated?
That Chromium has Google blobs or whatever in it

By the way, is PaleMoon any good?

I will honestly never trust that company at all. I'm pissed at myself for installing Chrome.

after it was uninstalled, it popped up an Edge window with a survey from them. how are they running a process if their software was uninstalled? lol I hate Go0gle so much.

Attached: bye-chrome.jpg (396x644, 36K)

Webkit browsers

Netrunner needs to be revived

why

It is if you liked the classic look of Firefox, just avoid talking with autists in charge and you'll be fine.

None. Vivaldi is the only usable web browser.

Attached: vivaldi.png (420x420, 4K)

I use Brave Browser, because it's incredibly fast, secure, trojan-free, Chromium-based (which means it's made by the team behind Google Chrome) and it's very privacy-aware. Also it let's me delete my browsing data on exiting the program just by checking a option in the settings.

Chrome is compromised.
>Chrome 69 introduces the "always logged on Google accounts" shit
>latest Chrome versions are severely limiting real adblockers
>Google managed to do sabotage Firefox users viewing Youtube videos
>Opera has become a slow literal shit featuring a lot of pathetic gadgets (including some hurrdurr cryptocurrency manager herpderp), former Opera devs founded Vivaldi browser, but it will take decades before getting on par with Firefox
>Edge is basically dead
>Safari has always been pure shit, and sports the same problems of Chrome

Just use Firefox. Start multiple instances with:

firefox -P default
firefox -P family
firefox -P job
firefox -P shopping
firefox -P socials

and configure every single instance: extensions, themes (to visually notice you're in the "work" related browser instead of the "amazon & online shopping" one), window default sizes.

Have a two monitors configuration, and you're go.

Attached: micilli2.jpg (449x484, 64K)

Honest questions. If spyware worries you why do you use Windows?

Pale Moon werks for me

need it for my tools (Unreal Engine, ZBrush and others) and I'm also a techlet. if I tried Linux I would quit, for sure.

if I ever make enough money I will hire my friend to make a Linux environment for my company.

Attached: 1559474521520.jpg (480x480, 58K)

But why are you concerning yourself with privacy when you use Windows? It seems pointless. That's like latching a window but leaving your door open.

Pale Moon is for raging spastics, just like it's devs.

Attached: 3889475.png (180x180, 57K)

I mean, I'll at least keep my data segregated. I trust Microsoft and Apple slightly more than Facebook and Google.

I also don't have an updating version of W10.

lets be real, you'd have to be a little bit crazy to take on development of a modern web browser

I think that trust is unfounded. And it really doesn't matter which version of Windows you use. All releases since at least XP are confirmed to have contained a universal backdoor.
But my point isn't to demean you for using a malicious OS. I'm just saying that you should not be concerned with privacy, since it will be a fruitless pursuit. You really are wasting time and effort with it. Just forget about it.

>current Firefox code

try Pale Moon

when does the update to take away adblocker come to chrome

I hate Google. and I still think there's value in keeping them in the dark.

sure Microsoft knows a lot about me and Apple knows everything (iPhag, fite me), but at least Google and FB don't know too much.

it's not like I'm expecting to hide anything from the feds. I just despise Google as a company. and I want my computer to sleep and I want processes to end when I close your app. Google doesn't do that.

anyway, I appreciate your concern.

do you think I should be concerned about seeing Powershell and PuTTY SSH randomly running when I never downloaded these and am not aware of any program needing them?

I uninstalled Powershell and I don't see it anymore but PuTTY isn't on the app list and I have no idea where its files are.

Attached: 8b257078e4b4c26bf210792626e2a8f0f6a66e43cafdf36e8a952a48017f70a4.jpg (530x530, 81K)

>do you think I should be concerned about seeing Powershell and PuTTY SSH randomly running when I never downloaded these and am not aware of any program needing them?
You could always check their logs. I know PS is shit, but it at least keeps a log, right?

qutebrowser is quite nice as well

Are you fucking kidding me? Proof?

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

Attached: iridium_request.png (943x175, 21K)

It's not 2008 anymore. That rationale doesn't work

Disabling the feature should stop Iridium from phoning home. Last version that Spyware Watchdog checked was 2018.4 so it could've been changed since then.