Stop using YouTube

Stop using YouTube

Attached: 1559899580556.jpg (768x1024, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KcLqmH77g_s
invidio.us/
goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/soloojos/m/richard-stallman-y-musicos-cubanos-guantanamero/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Youtube is shit, but Bitchute is not the solution

Y

Attached: 1545525239504.png (670x499, 111K)

yeah you are right. the solution is doing absolutely nothing. or better yet, why not complain to youtube? I mean I am sure they will improve their page. let's remember how well it went when people protested the removal of star ratings. great input user.

This. Their layout is dogshit and they don't even have a proper mobile app. Just a dog shit webview.

You're on a technology board. Utilize technology to make your own streaming site. Start small and architect in such a way that it can scale up.

Do you tell /tv/ to make their own multimillion dollar movie studio?
Youtube is a massively expensive scaling nightmare

lol nobody cares about your opinion

I did a YouTube perfect copy in 2006. Costed me 20$ for the php and ffmpeg code.

It's all about the bandwidth baby.

Making movies doesn't cost millions and neither does creating a streaming service. Check azure or aws for storage solutions and figure out how to steam a single video. Create an app around that, design it with attractive visuals, put in ads, attract users and scale up. If your code isn't inefficient you can make money.

>Not using peertube

Why do zoomers love streaming video so much?

What do you suggest?

>check out bitchute
>it's full of incel rage videos and almost nothing else
Never gonna make it

It's just another instance of "inferior alt-right alternative to non-shit software whose only selling point is being able to post nazi propaganda and pedophilia"

Grow a fucking chin

Attached: 1548692226390.jpg (1024x614, 88K)

cool first brave now this

I made a toy yt type thing. You will never replace YouTube without proper p2p offload.

Bitch-ute lel

dogshit layout. why can't feetards make proper ui.

Attached: soy.jpg (1024x767, 30K)

Want to post a youtube link? Replace the url with invidio.us to deny google ad-revenue.

If the video exists on peertube post that. Bitchute is a bad solution.

let me guess.
you need a bit more ςoy.

Stop using Google products. ALL of them

>Anybody that doesn't like bad UI is a cuck
Eat shit nigger

>Making movies doesn't cost millions
What a retarded fucking sentiment.

>bitchute
Have sex you incel freak

Okay, suicidal tranny.

way to sperg into strawman at the slightest pushback

user he didn't even use the word cuck. you have wandered too far from your containment general.

Bitchute could be the solution if they got their shit together.

In my opinion the biggest issue is their search function. It's literally fucking impossible to find anything through their searchbar.
I wish Jow Forums could assemble some talent to get that shit fixed, I know there are people here who could do that overnight

>muh trannies
Cope harder
Lose weight

It's really not that costly. Anyone nowadays can create movies especially fanmade ones.
Example: youtu.be/KcLqmH77g_s

I think we should focus the premise a bit here. The goal is to be able to complete in an open market. Can't really do that with 12 dollars and the shit you find under the couch.

that or HookTube.com

hooktube is literally just youtube in a different binder

Exactly this. The problem with any alternative to the main platform is that nobody will use it except the people who have been kicked off for being disgusting human beings. It needs to be legitimately better to use than the existing solution and not just "decentralized" and "uncensored" because those aspects mean nothing to an average user. Rightoids will never understand this btw.

No, youtube creators have been complaining about youtube's shitty policies for literally decades now. Even going back before the first adpocolypse. And it costs them literally 0 to upload their content on another platform as well as youtube.

And if youtube started banning creators who used other platforms, they would be engaging in classic monopoly tactics, which would be all the excuse regulators needed to move in and fuck their shit up

Easier said than done. People have built up content on that platform for over a decade now.
Believe me, I want to see Alphabet gone, but it isn't going to be easy.

>based retard not having any idea about scaling issues

>People have built up content on that platform for over a decade now
which is all easily downloaded, and reuploaded anywhere

Go to the URL of any youtube video, type "pp" after the youtube in the URL, so it reads "youtubepp.com". Bingo, you're set. If it doesn't work on a particular video, just go on a very short google search to find one of the dozens of sites that does this for you

layout is the least important aspect affecting decentralized services.

plenty of decent people have been kicked off youtube. They're often kicked off due to politics. The problem is they're vastly outnumbered by shit heads, who got kicked off for being generally, apolitically terrible.
I already believe youtube forbids you from saying that you have content on other platforms on youtube itself, but you can say that you do on other sites.
The problem is funding. For the most part people aren't going to keep making videos if not for the money, even if it's out of passion the quality level the audience expects takes more time and money than they'd have if they worked a regular job. Anything that uses paypal won't fun any of them, good or bad. Of course, they could take crypto donations...but I genuinely don't know how you can buy food with crypto, and taking crypto donations means your audience has to set up all that and even trying to do that just seems full of traps and pitfalls and scammers because most people treat crypto as an investment rather than a currency.

I prefer yotsubatube.

Attached: 1558145625376.jpg (400x488, 69K)

>that image

Attached: 1549263491159.png (215x200, 51K)

What the fuck? If a mangina id hating it, I'm starting loving it.

Thabks for the tip, OP, I did not know that a better platform than SJWtube existed.

So youtube shills already in overdrive?

Attached: antisemetic hat girl.gif (88x128, 103K)

Now all I can think about is a native american in BDSM attire.

You know this type of post actually makes some people want to try bitchute now?
I will never understand this forced meme.

I honestly don't see why people can't create a payment processor using the bitcoin network.

Here's how it will work:
credit card --> bitcoin
bitcoin travels through the wires
bitcoin --> credit card

bingo, you just sent someone money using bitcoin. Or if not bitcoin, one of the other thousand coins.
Not only would this give real value to the bitcoins, which have always lacked a purpose, but it could be done very anonymously.

When I've suggested this before, people have mentioned the time delay.
Ok, well do you know how a hedge fund works? Basically you can pool money, and pay out the front end, while receiving payments from the back end for a small middleman fee. This is very common shit on wall street when you need to process payments quickly. Like in the case of a high value margin account.

Already did it, a lot of times, now I'm not a sage wizard and I've realized that my left hand is better than any bitch or tranny I've had sex with.

Incels, you are not missing anything, your hand is better.

embed support when?

I was literally looking up alternative video players and extensions to the native firefox player last night so I could finally have some fucking preview thumbnails for videos.

The player seems to be the easy bit.
The search function and amount of bandwidth are the two main hurdles.

Attached: 526px-CounterTroll.jpg (526x600, 61K)

Goolag will be forced to split up, Wojzcinzcjski going to jail, jewutube will become separate entity and will be forced to operate like a neutral platform

Attached: google jail.png (1208x704, 175K)

One thing though that just occurred to me, there IS a way for a video site to mitigate the damage and bad impressions left by people who are genuinely horrid. This is something any video site meant to provide an alternative to youtube should do.
NO TIMELINE. NO TRENDING. NO RECOMMENDED VIDEOS. NO PROMOTION. ONLY A SEARCH BAR AND YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Yes it's terrible for ad revenue. But if your purpose is to put being a platform first, you have to do that. This is why Purism's mastadon client is like this, so you can only find things if you're looking for them. Does this make people who use it fall into echo chambers? Absolutely! But SO DOES THE WHOLE INTERNET! At least that way librem social gets to dodge the whole "it's twitter for nazis" tactic.

I download the videos I like for the most part. But that doesn't change the problem of having to still depend on Youtube for most content. I'm not going to re upload somebody elses videos for them am I?

>I'm not going to re upload somebody elses videos for them am I?
most likely someone will automate a process to mass rip content from youtube and upload on bitchute

IGTV for videos Twitch for steaming

I think the problem is something like this:
Because for a credit card to be accepted at a register, it has to be issued by a reputable bank and no reputable bank is going to ever let credit cards be used in such a way, because that would mean banks would have to actually accept crypto. Banks hate cryptocurrency.

I want to but this shitty site refuses to die. It's too big to fail.

how are people buying crypto currently?

I can go to any bitcoin exchange I want right now and pay real money for bitcoins. How am I doing that?

how do? google is everything now.

I doubt bitchute will be able to turn a blind eye to one channel uploading several channels worth of content, or a bunch of channels sharing an IP address, email domain, being made by a tor exit node, or something else in common.

according to them, by july you will be able to independently operate a bitchute node which they have no power over. Total plausible deniability right there

You're going through some brokers who are legally not banks and probably have no liability if they choose to totally screw you over. The brokers got their crypto initially by mining it, although I imagine manipulating the currency exchange has accounted for much more of the accumulation. Then they just send the tokens to a crypto address you specify, after you pay them.
They'll also send you dollars in exchange for crypto you send to them, but they watch the supply and exchange better than you do so their accumulated """""net worth""""" never really drops.
It's these brokers who are pretty much the ones whose actions set the exchange rates between legal tender and crypto.

Look, the biggest issue with Bitcoins is the requirement that you download 5 billion gigabytes of software, and learn all that shit. A big complicated mess. You should be able to just pay someone using your credit card, have the payment process instantly, and they handle all the middleman stuff with the software and the money shuffling in the background.

Someone set that up. You'll be super wealthy if you get that going

Great idea! I'm sure nobody's thought of that and tried it a million times before!

That's why we start now.
We also need to start delving into the non centralised internet altogether. I have no doubt they'll try to block the domain altogether if it becomes successful.

Also, let's call it desutube. Or degozaru.

Attached: Suiseiseki_Chibi_furiosa.gif (326x408, 50K)

It's all already working. You just need to get the software off the computer of the individual, and onto your own server (which will process all that shit for them). They can "log in" with an encryption key and make their payments quick as snow

Those already exist and are pretty problematic. You need to understand the tech to use bitcoin properly.

>You need to understand the tech to use bitcoin properly
i really don't see why this should be the case.

Simply send in a dollar amount, and an address where it should be sent. Let the middleman handle the rest.
Why is that impossible

That's how you'll get your anonymous payment processor

>i really don't see why this should be the case.
Because otherwise people hold it for ransom.

Use Newpipe
Use Hooktube

Anything else is the solution.

Facebook and Amazon? You best be joking nigger.

Attached: D8aY_ODXsAAmtiA.jpg (562x551, 41K)

We need a platform without da botnet and a platform that you can post anything. That isn't it.

invidio.us/

>.us

>soph
>incel rage
fucking low iQ

>using nonfree media sharing sites and wondering why they're terrible
unbased and not stallmanpilled.
Use GNU MediaGoblin instead.
goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/soloojos/m/richard-stallman-y-musicos-cubanos-guantanamero/

Ha ha, no. You can be sued or arrested just for aggregating links to copyrighted content in almost every first world country.

I'll say she is, though of course her words aren't her own.

How about a webm chan with a 100mb filesize limit? It'll be less than 4TB storage upfront for each board.

Because people want a similar interface to youtube.
Honestly, a youtube without the cancerous ads would be a god send.

I would, but if YouTube finds out they're probably shadowblock me from all search results and suggested videos and kill my channel

It's up to non-youtubers to fight back. People like PewDiePie or Ninja have enough clout that they can fly the bird at YT and they just have to take it. The rest of us? We have to fold, or we get crushed. One openly anti-white company dictates 80% of what videos get seen online. That's how it works.

Welcome to 2019.

Attached: 1556519909686.jpg (867x685, 96K)

>legitimately better to use

youtube is nearly unsusable on any browser other than chrome, because google keeps trying to kill other browsers.

on seamonkey, for instance, videos are completely blocked, cpu spikes 100% on a blank screen, before some nag message pops up telling you to switch to chrome.

literally every single video website in the history of ever, already is compellingly better to use than youtube.

from the creators perspective, DMCA abuse is rampant, with any music (even tuneless, off-key whistling) demonetized or blacklists your videos, and Apple can censcor you for posting fair use clips of their event if you criticise of them.

No.

based oldfag

4channel is non free software

Or better yet YouTube-dl. That being said it’s not working for me for some ungodly reason, I’ll fiddle with it eventually.

I don't know why but that piece of shit website refuse to load ANY video, and in general slow as fuck

try compiling it from the git, the version that is currently in debian repos doesnt work.

No
Also have sex

>YouTube
>”not shit software”
>assuming it’s not spaghetti code held together with broken rubber bands and tacky glue
You poor, poor nigger.

If I switched I would only contribute to their competitor's demise, since I block all ads.

I need YT for music tho

>yt has all pop music on it for free
>try to upload same music elsewhere
>get means emails telling me to remove it
how does this work again? why do music companies upload/allow their media to be consumed freely on youtube?

Dtube + Dlive is the patrician choice.

You already have pewds on the latter.

>it works
>b-b-but muh spaghetti!
Yeah, it's so much better to write elegant software that no one uses because it does nothing worthwhile, but does it very cleanly.

They get profit from YouTube ads.

I use bitchute and upload to it, but quality & lack of streaming is a big issue.

I got some gardening videos up..

oh yea.
i legit forgot youtube is supposed to have ads