This is my 4k/60 gaming pc. It has an m3 and battery lasts for 8hours+. Fully charged in about an hour. Super light...

This is my 4k/60 gaming pc. It has an m3 and battery lasts for 8hours+. Fully charged in about an hour. Super light, super secure. It is gentoo after all. umad Jow Forums? Don't tell me you still download your games on spinning rust?

Attached: chromeos.jpg (2048x1265, 326K)

>mfw Google are trying to sell thin clients for one of the most latency sensitive activities the average person does on a PC

Attached: 1545451772776.png (500x737, 522K)

only pc mustardigrades hate technological advancements

A tablet shaped like a notebook that runs a webOS isn't "technological advancement", it's memery. It's no different from playing Fortnite on a phone.
>spinning rust
Enjoy your web-only tablet-with-a-keyboard, champ.

> super secure

Attached: original.jpg (500x376, 239K)

I've gotta give it to Google, I didn't think you could compile gentoo into such a slow and bloated OS. My windows pc at home boots faster than the 1 year old chromebooks used at my workplace. An OS reset/reinstall in ChrOS that used to take 30 seconds last year now takes a solid 2 minutes.

Kek, love the false flagging shitpost.
You never even used one, have you?

I work with several hundred Dell chromebooks every single day. Go advertise somewhere else.

GAMING?!?

Attached: 1526649079127.gif (413x243, 51K)

Even the oldest chromebooks boot instantly, what the fuck are you talking about?

If that were true you wouldn't look so ridiculous right now.

>umad Jow Forums?
Sigh

Looking to upgrade to a snapdragon powered version myself. 12 inch 2860x1440, 3:2 ratio screen, 5g network speeds via eSim, and a 14 hour battery.

Nice LARP, I got a Chromebook for free which I installed Linux on but even with Chrome OS it did a cold boot in less than 5 second and it was a cheapo sub-200 dollar shit form 2016

I'm unironically thinking of selling my gaming laptop and having my chromebook as my do everything centre.

that's cool bro, my macbook air gets 15 hours :)

> clogging the intertubes like never before is a technological advancement
> adding a 42 minutes lag layer in your game is a technological advancement
> using anything google is a technological advancement
> (you) breathing is a technological advancement
ever

I'm probably going to do that. The only game I care about is on it and then I don't have to carry around my huge ass "gaming" laptop while traveling, but just me 11" Chromebook.

OP here

I have been using a chromebook as a daily+android phone. If you don't do work that requires special software, go for it, and minimize your computing footprint. I use office 365 online for word/excel/powerpoint for work, and it has been good for the last 6 months.

I brought gaming to the table because of Stadia, but Jow Forums can't think 2 steps ahead.

Can you run Diablo 2 on a Chromebook?

Attached: 1550604342825.png (519x533, 180K)

>He hasn't built a headless server with a steam install and replaced their big noisy desktops with NUCs

With proton, yes.

>Stadia
Not worth it, you have to buy the games full price and then a $9.99/mo subscription to be able to play them.

gtx 2080 is about 1150 CAD
if Stadia costs 15$/month, for the price of just the gtx 2080 I get 4k/60 for 6 years, less wasted space at home, less fan sounds, less cables, less electricity, etc. DESU Might as well get into it now, Streaming is the future, and it's going to change gaming. I'm not investing in hardware; we get trolled every year with increasing cpu cores, etc rendering your every upgrade a future disappointment.

What's the best chromebook ? Are 500$ ones worth it ?

Need good battery, IPS/oled screen, and just enough power to watch the net, like 4k videos.

That's if you play the latest things or only resource intensive games, yes in this case I get the appeal.

Sorry, who is the stupid one again?

Maybe if you buy a higher end chromebook you're fine, but ChromeOS is noticibly slower when booting and soft reseting than a year ago on the 700 devices I interact with.

Attached: 20190604_160418~01.jpg (3024x1714, 1.41M)

enjoy your non-upgradeable storage
>inb4 m-muh SD cards and thumb drives
that shit is nowhere near as fast and you're only playing yourself thinking it is

>Streaming is the future
complete control of the (((1%))) over the whole fucking industry then .

hey, no lgbt, not on the shop
no left agenda, not on the shop
your game is played mostly by alt-right, not on the shop anymore :)

m8 the future is independent 4k gaming.
buy yourself a 2600X , 32gigs of cheap ass ram and a 1080 from china, you'll game for fucking ages .
you can also update you monitor to some fresync 4k 32" under 400 if you give up on cigarette

Attached: 1552290229784.jpg (1350x1450, 271K)

price?