Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: pepebuthesaboi.png (816x900, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tindie.com/products/lspoplove/dstike-esp32-watch-devkit/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Murmurguide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

test

Attached: 1537562906424.jpg (400x400, 17K)

FIX THIS SHIT HIROSHIMA!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm not the only one who experimented troubles posting and reporting for a moment. Good to know.

So, my OpenBSD boot media (CD) only boots when I have the BIOS on my T420 set to the default, which is UEFI-Legacy, it doesn't boot with UEFI only mode. Dumbass question, am I going to accidentally brick my Thinkpad if I just follow the installer, bros? I was a full retard last time and bricked a UEFI-Legacy machine completely with fucking NetBSD's installer alone. I just want to put a basic OpenBSD install on the T420. Thanks!

Attached: 1541419486151.jpg (996x720, 98K)

help me choose between the google pixel 3a xl and the motorola g7 plus, one has a slightly faster cpu, the other has a slightly better display, but beyond that i can't make up my mind

Should I focus on dynamic programming when studying for interviews?
How was your interview when you were applying for a graduate position?
Wrapping my head around Dynamic programming has been difficult, I can generally brute force the problems but when it comes to memoizing the program I have a lot of trouble

Odds = Pixel 3a
Evens = g7 Plus
(Honestly, I would pick the Pixel since it doesn't have an ugly notch.)

How much OEM crapware would be baked into the Motorola? Pixel line is as close as you can get to Pure Stock Android without rooting.

While their parent company is ass in that regard, Moto itself is actually known for running very close to stock.

good points, but now the samsung galaxy a70 is a contender as they're offering cashback with it

fuck me my life is way too difficult

0-1: Pixel
2-3: Motorola
4-5: Samsung
6-7: a dildo
8-9: reroll

A tempting prospect but don't fall for it! I personally have a Pixel 2 and I like the experience even though I can't flash any custom ROMs or unlock the bootloader at this point in time. Does it matter to you if you can unlock the bootloader?

Attached: 1109587490757c7f.jpg (1200x750, 136K)

>can't flash any custom ROMs or unlock the bootloader
Fuck, I thought that was the whole point of buying Google phones.

i'm a big bitch when it comes to doing things to my phone so that's not an issue at all

You do realize there's a whole general dedicated to this shit?

>Should I focus on dynamic programming when studying for interviews?
>How was your interview when you were applying for a graduate position?
>Wrapping my head around Dynamic programming has been difficult, I can generally brute force the problems but when it comes to memoizing the program I have a lot of trouble

aren't you at least happy i posted in this thread instead of making a new one? when i visit boards i don't frequent i always search for stupid question threads first before usin brane 2 find other thredz

I have a thinkpad running Arch and i3, and I want to configure it such that closing the lid does not put the computer to sleep. Ideally I'd like to put this on a sort of toggle, where if I press, say Super+_ or some other out-of-the-way keybind, then it toggles back and forth between sleep-on-close and do-nothing-on-close. Any way I can go about that with simple config editing?

I've got a USB drive that was apparently corrupted by an interrupted DD write operation. It is stuck in read-only and I cannot reformat it.
I have tried hdparm -r0, but that doesn't actually change things functionally. The drive shows up in lsblk and lsusb, but mount seemingly doesn't recognize it. gpart can read it and diagnose it (everything looks OK, just no filesystem+readonly). Any ideas?

this enough for music. how much can it hold. getting a mp3 player soon and using my pc to store the music

Attached: yes.png (758x655, 6K)

How do i clone my drive? in windows 10 and not fucking up my installation and drive letters?

Macruim Reflect. When it's done, change bios boot order.

What's the least scammy printer I can buy?

>terabyte drive
>how muchmp3 can it hold?
10s of thousands of hours. You can definitely afford to usr something higher-quality than mp3, here.

Which is preferable; Simplix or WSUS Offline?

do all computers have DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, active directory, and group policy settings or is that just for operating systems used for servers like windows server , etc?

I need a new microphone since my old one from staples broke. This is for gaming and video conferencing. I have no idea what features or brands to look for.

Go raptors my leaf man

Your router uses DHCP and assigns your computer(s) ip addresses from a range, you can set it otherwise but nowadays it is. You can configure a computer to act as the DHCP host but your router should do that (whether it's a modem/router or some wifi shit like a MiFi it will still do that)
TCP/IP is a protocol that is being used, just as a given. Still don't know much about active directory

you can ssh or use a gui to enter your router and see the DHCP range and a list of devices and their ip addresses, and then reserve an address for them(should be done for a switch/server, but not normal computers)

I live in Maryland, not Canada. Hoping for a headset mic, by the way.

Anyone know how I can make Manga Downloader v16.1 download the Manga Dex unavailable chapters? Even if I set my account to show it, when I load the manga series link onto the downloader it only shows the default ones. I'd really like to take the whole series before the unavailable chapters get genuinely removed.

WSUS, as it works with OSes that aren't about to effectively die.

Shouldn't be possible to brick anything that way. Describe what you mean by 'brick'. Did you reset the CMOS? What would happen when you powered on the system?

Motorola is fine for cheap and decent phones. I would absolutely go pixel 3a if i were going to spent $400.

>most people dont know how to log into their router
>most people have the default username and password
does this mean i could just connect to random ips, enter admin/admin and butt rape them?

is it possible my throttlestop isnt doing shit on my t480? does having laptop plugged in cause some sperg shit to prevent undervolting from happening in windows 10?

i undervolted my i5 8250u cpu core/intel gpu/cpu cache by -110 mV (-125 seemed unstable) but when I stress test with CPU-Z i still get up to 97 celsius

wtf man

most routers default to only allow admin login locally. so in other words, yes, but you'd have to be on their wifi first.

Theoretically yes but in reality no, since most routers require you to enter the local IP, not the global. Nothing says this can't be done though.

Reinstalled Xubuntu, trying to reinstall Haven and Hearth, but Java keeps giving me this error message:

>WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

No idea what this means. It was fine on my previous installation.

Attached: Haven_733d0e_6078867.jpg (772x492, 184K)

How do I move just until the end of a word in vim (well, emacs-evil)? For example, I have something like

(some_word) = [...]

and I want to delete just the word, not the closing parenthesis. dW deletes until the whitespace, and dE deletes the parenthesis as well.

Try an older version of Java. I get this when running MultiMC with Java 10, but Java 8 works fine.

Bought this badass esp32 watch and wanna do some neat stuff with it
tindie.com/products/lspoplove/dstike-esp32-watch-devkit/
But I’m a massive code-let who gets easily pissed off at coding and I barely understand what I’m doing. What are some simple ideas for things I can code without having an aneurism?

Attached: 0F651C8B-42B8-4E2B-9874-FBA549D05904.png (645x729, 105K)

what do you mean by router? wireless router?

nevermind i see what you were saying. Modem/router. Whatever your ISP gives you right?

de, or di(

de actually doesn't do the trick, though I've seen some stuff about setting underscore as part of a word so that it will work. I'll probably do that for convenience. It does work in org mode for some reason, just not language modes (C, C++, Python).

di( also works. What movement is this? I've never seen it.

Try out the examples in the ESP IDF. Read the documentation/headers when you see something you don't understand. I haven't personally looked through most of them, but they cover pretty much everything the ESP32 is capable of as far as I can tell.

What are the best budget speakers I can get that rival my mid-tier studio monitor headphones in terms of audio quality? I'd normally just need headphones but I want to piss off my noisy whore neighbor with my edgy metal music.

Is svchost sending a few bytes of data over port 5353 normal behaviour?

In their original packaging.
He's right, it's for thickness not width.

no /mpv right now so I'll ask here.

Is there a setting I can add to the config file that forces any video to open on a specific monitor that I want?

pic unrelated

Attached: 1531971076519.gif (267x199, 166K)

--screen [num]

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screen

--screen=[num], rather.

Ahh, thank you. Your work has been noted and cataloged in my minds library of good deeds by Anonymous.

my gtx 970 runs at 80C while playing fucking dota 2. What can I do to stop this shit? Kind of ridiculous. it's an MSI

Is this amount of loss normal for UDP transfers between two wireless devices?

Attached: wlan.jpg (647x64, 19K)

Tune the fan curve. It's probably running at like 50% or some shit to be quiet.

what do I need to connect two audio devices (one RCA, one 3.5mm) to one audio output?

A splitter and an interface converter. The interface of the end bits depends on your preference really.

Ex. if your output is 3.5mm, get a 3.5mm -> 2*3.5mm splitter, then a 3.5mm->RCA converter. ezpz.

Why doesn’t any decent iMessage emulator exist? All I want is to use iMessage on my Thinkpad

just run a mac vm or buy an iPod touch

Are there any textual (read: not visual scripting) dataflow programming language?

Fireden won't connect for me, I'm fairly certain it's up and it connected once on a fluke, but most of the time it's giving me a site can't be reached message

I am really dumb and I would like to know how do I change back the layout on 4chanx script? Like after the update everything looks weird.

yay fagOP is back.
what took you so long?

anyone know of a way to get lag free coms between me and my brother in the other room? I saw the Sennheiser GSX1200 can be run in a series with an open chat channel between them.
But I'd need to buy two of them, and run cords through the wall.
Trying to do shit over the internet is a chore, our third worlder internet speeds make using vent or pisscord a shit. Our PCs are on different floors otherwise I'd just yell at him.
Can we do this over LAN somehow? or bluetooth or something?

Are mobile broadband these days any good. I move around to much and want to save my precious mobile data when I'm home. I can get Unlimited 4G data via "sim router" for 25 a month with no upfront costs and free delivery. Am I going to get scammed eventually or should I invest?

try running a local mumble server (murmur)
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Murmurguide
with appropriate settings, latency can be very low, you'll still get a bit of an echo if you're able to hear him in real life, but it shouldn't be noticeable otherwise
to get truly near-zero latency, the best solution is to go analog, literally just setup a mic + amp + speaker going either way, an old-school intercom

What tag is used on boorus for characters who are kids in original show but grown ups in art?

What are Spectre and Meltdown?

Does anyone know what these addresses are? I'm unfamilar with ipv6.

Attached: perfmon_2019-06-08_11-57-17.png (710x53, 5K)

Hey so probably a dumb question but I'm trying to level up my networking a bit so I was fucking around with Wireshark when I noticed a bunch of mdns requests with this "STANDARD REQUEST .... ANY BITCH.local....". I'll admin that my knowledge of networking protocols is cursory at best but ANY BITCH.local doesn't seem like an industry standard. Am I being hacked or is this a symptom of DNS poisoning or am I just stupid?

Attached: anybitch.png (808x192, 84K)

Can a faulty Ethernet cable be the cause of speed being throttled to 10Mbps? Can it become damaged like that over the course of its usage?

Attached: 28164386_1647828118635174_5397677866919919171_o.jpg (2048x1819, 178K)

hello burb

It wouldn't be "throttled" to 10Mbps, per se, but it may only connect at 10Mbps - check your link speed with ifconfig or your adapter under "Network and Sharing Center". Gigabit needs four pairs of wires, 10Mbps and 100Mbps only need two pairs and 10Mbps can even run over shitty CAT-3 phone cable (still needs two pairs). If one of the wires in the cable breaks, then this can happen.

Recommended FOSS PDF reader on Android?

If i have a gayming laptop with 250W power supply (the max power consumption is probably somewhere near 250W then) and use the integrated gpu and balanced mode on windows for working, roughly how much power does this thing consume?
Is 100W realistic?

808:808 and 808:804 are both Google DNS
e000:fc: is multicast IPv4 converted in to IPv6

get a "kill a watt" wattmeter

Attached: P4400-2.jpg (250x321, 37K)

Thank you user

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 28K)

any way to permanently disable windows 10 from scanning my pc all the time i think its fucking with my epic gamer performance i have an ssd tho

Attached: ds22.jpg (869x943, 133K)

Looking at the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE for a phone replacement. In USA using Straight Talk and I'm checking the LTE bands but the info differs from site to site.

Is it a good choice for one of the better LTE coverage Xiaomi phones as compared to the Mi 8 and Mi Mix 3?

Attached: 8cd.jpg (379x447, 42K)

I'm writing a story, I want one part to involve a girl having access to a guy's search history without his knowledge. What's the simplest way a normie would go about doing this?

Attached: 1497644840737.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

Just open the search history while he's on the toilet.

Not aware as in she has continuous real-time access to his history and can follow what he's doing. I was thinking of one time when my ex logged into her Facebook on my laptop, and I was able to mess with her page for months without her knowing. So does it make sense for someone to login to an account, like Google, and then because the cookies aren't deleted have continuous access to that person's history if they don't logout? Could you see and continue to see someone's history like that undetected?

Yes. Just open up the browser, go to history, and read the list of sites. Just as if the laptop owner him/herself were to access their web history.
This definitely belongs here in the stupid questions thread.

>This definitely belongs here in the stupid questions thread.
Was going to say thanks but guess I'll say fuck you instead. Hope your comp science degree is enough to keep happy.

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

Only if the search provider actually tracks this.
Google does as far as I know, unless it is turned off.
But I think you need to login again to access it.

I haven't bought it yet.

in general, laptop power supplies should be big enough for running the laptop as max load and a bit left over for at least some amount of charging
the laptop won't use all 250W, especially when charged
who knows much it uses when idle or doing basic tasks, that depends on various hardware and software configurations, it should be considerably less than what the psu can provide, though, 100W is probably over estimating

good browser for android? i think via is spying on me

What's the easiest window manager to configure? (if you barely know any languages to start with)

Firefox.

do android versions of antiviruses actually work? ive had mcaffee pre installed in my last phone and i dont think ive ever had it do anything. despite my constant downloads from less than safe and clean apps/sites

Is defragging modern plain HDDs a meme?
And if not, what do you recommend?

Attached: df_128.png (128x128, 5K)

thank you

no
mydefrag

Trying to active Windows 10 LTSC...

Doesn't work...

What do ?

Attached: bug.jpg (3840x2160, 623K)

Does anyone know how to bypass the requirement to log in to a previously synced Google account on a smartphone that was reset?

Attached: 1558799601241.jpg (900x1059, 97K)

i've never heard of such a requirement

looks like the evaluation version of windows, you can't activate that