How do i get a desktop like pic related?

how do i get a desktop like pic related?

just want something that looks and feels like windows 7 or older. this is comfy af

Attached: 1536242726448.png (1655x1049, 892K)

>af
kill yourself zoomer scum, you don't deserve these aesthetics and you have shit taste in music

there is a windows with all the information you need in that picture.

Attached: read you fucking nigger.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Give me like a day and I'll make an FVWM theme out of the image for the window borders. The rest should be fairly easy to set up yourself.

>working for free
>for a newfag
what's wrong with you

Install CDE, that'll get you most of the way there.

It's fvwm and theme already exists.
Just read stuff on the screen and ask on the desktop thread.

CDE is bloated broken shit.
Just install motif window manager (mwm) It's what fvwm is trying to clone in your pic.

Motif was proprietary in the 90's but was opensourced in 2012 or so.

>muh bloat

Bitch please, it's ancient. Your fucking text editor is probably more bloated than that DE.

it's bloated with dumb shit that isn't used anymore.
Ever hear of ToolTalk? of course not, but it's in there.

stop spoodfeeding retarded zoomers

who gives two shits about knowing Motif?
it died in 2000 when everyone went GNOME.

1. install arsch linux like the retard who tok the pic
2. install fvwm and a fake CDE theme
3. get the crappy fake win95 icons and GTK theme from gnome look
There's your ugly as sin and barely usable desktop.

CDE is just mwm with loads of extras that made it usable back when there were no real alternatives. Afaik CDE directly uses mwm.

>with loads of extras that made it usable back when there were no real alternatives.
that's the bloat. it even includes a full fucking shell with
it called dtksh that failed to replace tcl/tk.
The mailer can't do any secure mail nor imap
the calendar is broken
the bitmap editor is shit and nobody would ever use the shitty text editor.

cant if you have every had sex or held a girls hand

>The mailer can't do any secure mail nor imap
Why would it, it's from the early 1990s and CDE has no real development going on.
The only appeal of CDE is the retro aesthetic but actual ergonomics are a nightmare if you're using more than one window. And you can theme mwm to look like CDE if you want

I prefer icewm and KDE Tbh

why would the 3D 'motif' design that uses highlight and shadow coloring also have compositor shadows? redundant af

Salt. Should we stop saying "wtf" and "lol" too, gramps?

>Why would it, it's from the early 1990s and CDE has no real development going on.
you're out of the loop; it's on sourceforge and being hacked on.

Yes, but almost all of that has been making the build scripts compile at all on recent systems. Nobody actually wants to touch the ancient apps that are included.
I would be surprised if anyone would want to fix up the likely spaghetti code that is the mail app and write all the functions that became standard in the last 30 years. You'd basically end up with either a thunderbird clone or something that is almost as useless as what we have right now.

I wish someone would actually release the maxx desktop sources. Or that a developer fixed up olvwm, which has been abandoned on every distro for some years.

>don't
holy fuck, you do not know how to speak properly? just die already.

>Or that a developer fixed up olvwm
it's still on netbsd. But it's only 32bit and will never be 64bit as someone tried and said fuck it. I think most distros hate multilib software except for redhat and that might be why you can still run the full OPenlook suite on centos.

yes
saying either of those has already been frowned upon on this site