What's the purpose of the double layer of holes?

What's the purpose of the double layer of holes?

Attached: 1559953731470.jpg (816x1020, 235K)

>HAHAHAHAH CHEESE GRATER!!!!! HAHAHA UGLY DUMB RED ANIME GIRL LAIGHING!!!!!! HAHAHA ITODDLERS BTFO!!!
Stupid chink bots

Attached: 1558726581803.png (683x751, 149K)

Ventilation to solve throttling issues since their move to aluminium. New Macbooks will come with the entire underside having a similar design.

I bet the case serves as a heat sink

What about dust

You clean your damn room.

Seriously though, the case is so easy to get into you spend once every 6 months or so with an air duster and a vacuum.

But why two layers? What does the inner layer achieve that couldn't be done with just the face layer, looks like they both let in the same amount of dust except the second layer constricts airflow more. Feels like something Apple does to be "unique" and harder to copy rather than for any practical purpose.

Same as anything on an Apple product: looks

let's be honest, apple owners replace everything every 12 months. no need to clean.

it's one sheet of steel with interconnected divots drilled on both sides so it just looks like two sheets of perforated steel

it still looks like a fucking cheese grater

The inner layer will be impossible to clean properly and it will be a dust magnet. Apple at some point will collect all the dust and make a new planet.

first half no, second half yes
it's 1/2" thick milled aluminum with hemispheres drilled into it in such a way as to interconnect in a nice pretty pattern that not-so-inconspicuously looks like a cheese grater, because their design team are morons who couldn't come up with something new when they found out the trash can was unlovable.

I just looked up the part of the conference where they talk about the pattern, the presenter said it's for structural strength

double the ITODDLERS BTFO

Attached: satania.gif (540x304, 1.77M)

cope harder

To prevent the insertion of ones' penis into it. Initial testing with the single layered version proved to be a potential safety hazard for most iToddlers.

double layered ventilation, duh

have sex

lick it

That's even an even dumber reason than I thought they'd come up with. Aesthetics would be a better excuse.

They wanted a 3d sort of lattice look without the flat boring hole punch drilled vent look

Attached: overpricedfilmeditequipment.png (900x1200, 1.3M)

They’re speed holes

Attached: 76AA0B7F-C0CF-46FF-AE60-3FD4E349B387.jpg (300x225, 14K)

Double amount of holes.

I think it looks kinda cool

Why didn't I think of this
Not even gonna mention the s word that's how based this post is

this case is, but what about the monitor and macbooks? they use like star shaped screws to make them harder to open

It's called courage

Shit triggers my trypophobia.

to fuck your air flow

This

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x665, 177K)

fuck you user

It isn't a double layer. It's a 3D mesh design that has smaller holes deeper in the holes.

They're sneed holes

To trap dust and impede airflow more than a simple mesh would.
Seriously if they're trying to blow air through those holes they're just going to create little pockets of turbulence that will resist further airflow.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOU

What's your qualification to say that. I'm sure they did their research about the airflow.

Yeah Apple are master airflow experts

Attached: 1558875585873.png (686x955, 420K)

Rent free, Rajesh.

>look what they did in 1986!!!!

Really Pajeet?

They haven't talked about dust at all but I assume -- perhaps wrongly -- that Apple is not completely retarded and will install filters.

>Pajeet

Attached: 1552332733762.jpg (835x899, 228K)

>This triggers my fake Reddit phobia

To grate cheese more efficiently.

By getting it stuck inside the grater?

Attached: 1556721055021.jpg (657x527, 38K)

How can they fuck up cooling so bad as to melt the solder...

But they only have two kidneys

Yes.
Melted cheese is tasty.

Did they finally admit the trashcan design was an absolute failure? Remember when iToddler predicts every pc case will copy the trashcan design?

Pic related looks like a filter to me

Attached: 1559989991375.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

Did we even get a single trashcan clone?

looks comfy

god I love how it's lined up so fucking perfectly

It implies that you got double fucked.

maggots?

It's not fake, but very few people are genuinely phobic over it. Most people just feel uncomfortable when looking at typical trypophobia triggers in the same way you feel a sudden jolt when you see a venomous snake or insect. That's what I feel. We're hard wired to avoid such things, for good reason. Arrays of holes could indicate disease, or a nest of dangerous insects.
When I first saw the case I got a instinctual pang that said "wasps, that was built by wasps". Looking at it is a little uncomfortable even though it's obviously just a picture of a computer case. I call that "trypophobia" because I don't have a better word for it.

It's fashion. Don't over think it.

That will never happen because
> cheesegrater layer thick
> muh thinness

wouldn't hole on hole technology be razor sharp?

>insert finger or other appendage
>get circumcised

How much are they charging for that mat?

>*sings*
>heyyy - i made it
>im the world's
>gratest

To make it impossible to clean

this desu

Totally useful if dust particles had the size of tennis balls

I don’t keep up with the latest Apple shit. Doesn’t it use liquid cooling? I mean it’s marketed as a pro workstation isn’t it?

so you pay more money for it

Double penetration with one dick

Formally Chucks

>What's the purpose of the double layer of holes?
To provide an engineering task interesting enough for the Apple design team to bother designing a PC case

More surface area = better cooling. The cleaning will sure be a bitch though.

Honestly, I kinda like the look of the case and the back of the monitor. Every single PC case looks like garbage though, so the bar is not very high. Absolute cheese grater regardless though.

Structural strength? Is the case supposed to be weight bearing?

>What does the inner layer achieve that couldn't be done with just the face layer
The official reason is, the maximum amount of structural integrity, with the least sacrifice of airflow. That's why they're shaped like hemispheres, to direct flow in a way of least resistance while avoiding the creation of turbulence and vortices that would slow down airflow.
One layer of holes would mean significantly less material and less structural integrity.

The real reason is that it marginally improves airflow while looking good, using techniques and machinery that others cannot afford, so being hard to copy as well.

It's like the micro drilled led holes that they used to have as sleep indication in the macbook pros. Felt smooth to the touch and you couldn't see the holes, and when put to sleep the light would go on almost as if emanating from the metal surface.
I remember some other manufacturer tried to replicate that, and they realised that there's only a couple companies making machines that drill such small holes, and the machine cost was in the millions.

And Stevie only had one pancreas

Attached: steve-jobs-cancer.jpg (515x350, 25K)

> hole on hole technology
I like where this is going
> Circumcision
Noooo!!!

liquid cooling is for manchildren

So they can make the holes big enough but you still won't be able to poke your fingers into it and cut them with the fanblades

The lattice also helps to add structural strength

It's not phobia nigger

No, but it would flex and wobble a lot when taken out and Apple probably doesn't want to be seen as flimsy, they said it's very lightweight so I think it couldn't feel solid simply on its own

to make it harder to clean when you inevitably realize that isn't filtered.
Oh wait I mean pay a guy to clean it for you because you paid an IT guy to tell you that's why it failed.

Attached: 1555044999353.gif (250x250, 69K)

so you can hurt your cock twice

I take it back. I thought it was just 2 offset panels of holes, but it's not, and looks ridiculous from every angle except the front.

>Apple at some point will collect all the dust and make a new planet.

what do you think they use for thermal paste?

Read There is really no other word for it, even if the actual phobia is rare.

To grate cheese with maximum efficiency. Just watch it with a block of Parmesan.

to stop onions-boi cocklets apple-spurges from raping the things in apple stores

Attached: lolcucklol.jpg (611x500, 104K)