The early 2008 macbook pro was the last good apple product. Prove me wrong lol

the early 2008 macbook pro was the last good apple product. Prove me wrong lol

Attached: last one.jpg (788x800, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

versus.com/en/amd-firepro-w9100-vs-nvidia-quadro-rtx-6000
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-RTX-8000-vs-AMD-Radeon-VII/m762332vs4035
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based keyboard

Wrong McWrongiston

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

deadass the same computer

The 2008 uses an Intel processor whereas the Powerbook uses a G4 chip.

The g4 is practically useless in 2019 unless you use either linux made for ppc or the old outdated macos

That doesn't make it bad on its own, just unviable today. I think his point was that the 2006-2009 era's design was just a repackaging of the tail end of the PPC era using intel internals, so whether you refer to them having fresh, form+function design or to having unique hardware, that both of those ran out by 2005.

what im trying to say is the ppc based mac design was better then the late 2008-now designs. the only reasons i dont really like the ppc based machines is they are extremely underpowered compared to the later intel model MBPs

There can't be a "last good apple product" if there was never a first.

Attached: 1534464198987.png (538x480, 170K)

bruh

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1548803991350.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

I see that we agree, then.
Personally I'll never get why they dropped the sunflower design for the iMac in favour of a slab on a basic stand, if you stick to low power components that's actually very nice for an officework machine since it doesn't have much of a footprint and the screen is fully adjustable for comfort or even just showing something to someone else.

more like 2011 11inch mpb

The only thing that has stuck with apple is their high prices for sometimes minimal performance even in those late 90's early 00's days

how does that burnt up gpu feel lol

Yeah. Charging $1200+ for sub-GHz machines with crappy software support in 2003 lmao.

But what about the 6502, 68k and PPC eras?

im talking like how back in 99 their powermac g4 towers were supposed to ship with 500MHz cpus but apple rushed it and had to cut it down to 450
but still had the same high 500MHz prices

I recently acquired an early 2006 macbook pro. Problem is that it maxes out at 2gb ram. If I upgrade to the 2gb and throw an ssd in, will it be useable?
I just want to try out MacOS for a bit (never used it) and then replace it with a lightweight distro/wm combo down the line.
My useage will just consist of browsing/streaming mainly.

>If I upgrade to the 2gb and throw an ssd in, will it be useable?
Yes. But it will only support Snow Leopard or Lion, depending on your CPU. Snow Leopard and Lion do have up to date browsers, though. Arctic Fox and New Moon. So it won't be too bad for browsing since you can then use current extensions.

please die

im running 2gb of ram and an ssd and im running fine but i dont know how bad the performance of a 2006 is compared to my 2008 model

That's good to hear, thanks.
Awesome, I'm definitely going to go ahead with this project then. I was considering selling it off for a thinkpad but I really love this keyboard desu. Idk why they ever changed to chiclet shit.

That too. At least there were rather substantial upgrades around as the G4s developed, but Apple has always had shit value and when something's off it always ends up as an spectacularly fatal flaw for some reason, like the watercooling in the early G5s or the power supply issue with the MDD G4s, or the CRT and thermals issues the original iMac and the eMac had.

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1558363652774.png (400x1650, 367K)

take the piss lol

Post the real one, wintoddler.

im sure once they release the 2019 mac pro there is gonna be some major fuck up leading to some class action lawsuits

They don't work with Nvidia anymore.

low effort and gay. I'd be embarrassed if I posted that.

fat rip i kinda wish they would though

I wish Nvidia would just die already.

bruh i get that they are money hungry chinks but i gotta admit they do make sort of good graphics chips

Why do so many IPS panels of that era have a PISS tint?
You can see it in that photo but they were to find especially on tons of Thinkpads.

Attached: 1551942723111.jpg (261x215, 23K)

might be the color settings of the monitor

Not really. Their graphics cards are only good as children's toys.

you trippin bruh

>vapes
>not reddit
lmao

No. I would prefer AMD GPUs for actual work.

then thats an opinion not a fact

It's an opinion based on facts, you 12 year old.

quadro rtx performs better then amds offerings,
get outta this thread u fucking neckbeard

>quadro rtx performs better then amds offerings
Based on what?

versus.com/en/amd-firepro-w9100-vs-nvidia-quadro-rtx-6000

This doesn't say anything much. Just raw numbers from who knows where.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-RTX-8000-vs-AMD-Radeon-VII/m762332vs4035
quit being a fucking idiot

I don't think you have any idea how to judge a component. You're coming off like a gamer right now.

you are coming off as a neckbeard that has brand loyalty

Why? Because I don't take your nonsense evidence as fact?

>nonsense evidence

Attached: me 2 u.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

I guess English isn't your strong suit. Do you think evidence is credible by necessity? Because that is false.

your assaulting my understanding of english because i stated real evidence against your point.
Bruh just give up you've already lost

>i stated real evidence against your point
No, your evidence is not credible. It's just numbers with no purpose or connection to reality.

numbers are all that matters. that second link i sent is compiled data from many users and ive trusted it for about 6 years now. if you really tryna start an argument state evidence lol

the ABSOLUTE state of nvidiots

>numbers are all that matters
Stupid gamer.
>if you really tryna start an argument state evidence lol
My evidence is my experience of 15 years using workstation GPUs. Nvidia can't even write a proper driver, let alone get their cards working consistently.

send scores and ill change my mind lol

>Nvidia can't even write a proper driver, let alone get their cards working consistently.
yeah maybe in 2008 or something
>My evidence is my experience of 15 years using workstation GPUs
prove it lol

>yeah maybe in 2008 or something
They have never been able to. Their shit always sucks.
>prove it lol
Yeah, I'll call my biographer. Retard.

>might be the color settings of the monitor
I had a T42 and X61 and both had a yellow tint in the display.
Those weren't settings and you can also see it on many others. When you compare lots of laptops of the same model next to each other, even the same fucking display, you can see slight differences and in some it's really bad.

Example pic from google

Attached: 5636.jpg (3264x2448, 629K)

>They have never been able to. Their shit always sucks.
I've used quadros for about 5 years and they have always been able to out perform amd firepro cards
>Yeah, I'll call my biographer. Retard.
you probably would be able remember if it actually happened

yeah i tried to change my display to srgb and it still has the yellowish tint on it. btw i said might bc im not an expert on ips panels

>I've used quadros for about 5 years and they have always been able to out perform amd firepro cards
Prove it.
>you probably would be able remember if it actually happened
What the fuck? What are you even talking about now?

>Prove it.
Cant show the whole 5 year lineup bc work got rid of those machines
>What the fuck? What are you even talking about now?
im tryna say ur bullshitting

Attached: 20190607_232700.jpg (4032x1960, 2.68M)

>Cant show the whole 5 year lineup bc work got rid of those machines
And how the fuck do you expect me to show you 15 years of machines I've used, retard? Fucking hell. You are the stupidest motherfucker I have ever met.
>im tryna say ur bullshitting
Learn English, then.

>And how the fuck do you expect me to show you 15 years of machines I've used, retard? Fucking hell. You are the stupidest motherfucker I have ever met.
not even asking you for the machines just proof of work
>Learn English, then.
are you realy trying that bull shit

Nah, mid-2012 non retina MBP was last good product.

>not even asking you for the machines just proof of work
Like what? My ID? Fuck off.
>are you realy trying that bull shit
It is something that would help you to communicate with native English speakers.

>Like what? My ID? Fuck off.
u got a fair point
>It is something that would help you to communicate with native English speakers.
you are starting to sound like a 25 year old doomer by getting pissed at the way i type

>you are starting to sound like a 25 year old doomer by getting pissed at the way i type
Well you aren't coming off clearly. This is an English speaking image board, so if you want to converse with English speakers you should have some proficiency with the language.

>Well you aren't coming off clearly. This is an English speaking image board, so if you want to converse with English speakers you should have some proficiency with the language.

Attached: bet lol.png (500x515, 138K)

Did you crop out the 9gag watermark on that?

nah on a new laptop so i had to grab that shit off of google bc i dont have my meme folder

But user, that model had the critical gpu failures. It was a time bomb..

Your wifi doesn't work without crashing.
Your battery is useless.
You can't browse most websites youtube included with that cpu
That particular model melts the screen with the EVER SO CLEVERLY placed vents
The logic board will die because of heat

Whats so good about it?

Because as sad as it is, even with all those defects, it's still better than the rest of the steaming shit heaps that Apple has shat out over the years.

I don't know about laptops since I just instinctively avoided Macs for most of my life, but I remember the iPod Classic being breddy good. They at least gave you a huge amount of storage in exchange for the high price

Attached: 61vNqJJTfRL._SX425_.jpg (425x330, 18K)

The stock firmware for it was pretty crap though. The album cover slideshow next to the menu looked really sleek but it makes the menu lag and no way to disable it. Only way to remove the lag was to remove all songs, strip album art from everything, and reload it. The amount of options was less than the ancient Creative Zen Xtra I was coming from too. The wheel was superb for scrolling though, and I still wish for that sort of interface to scroll through large lists on my smartphone today.

The 1st gen Magic Trackpad and their scissor switch desktop keyboards were both great

Shut the fuck up.

t. ayymdrone

>the early 2008 macbook pro was the last good apple product. Prove me wrong lol
2012s are still usable in the modern Apple ecosystem and upgradable. That alone makes them more useful than your 11-year old meme.

what's wrong with the late 2013 macbook pro with retina display?

As someone who is still clinging to their 2013 Air and wants to upgrade i just don't know what to get. I've finally gone windows free, but i feel like i should have something like a MacBook since it means i'm not completely dependent upon Linux and honestly, i feel its just that bit more stable.

Otherwise maybe an XPS 13 will have to do.