Apple tax

>apple tax
How the fuck do they justify the $3000 mark up?

Attached: apple tax.png (1562x818, 1.6M)

weren't 2x580?

>It just werks :^) - 1000$
>you'd buy it if you could afford it - 500$
>Have Sex Incel - 500$
>MacOS - 500$
>Apple logo - 340$

Design. Just like the corsair one.

you might as well ask why prebuilt PCs cost so damn much. also the mac uses a 1.4kW PSU.

Where were you when the latest Thinkstation came out?

many prebuilt computers aren't that expensive. some are cheaper than building yourself.

>many prebuilt computers aren't that expensive
They seem to be around the same price. A max spec Thinkstation sells for nearly $100,000.

Customer service support in America versus indshillia

The same way the justify a $1000 piece of metal that's pre-included 99% of the time. They're testing the waters, their Pro line is meant for the drones who probably aren't paying with their own money nor care that it's overpriced. This is all a test to so how far that brand loyalty/Apple budget can go. The stand, memes aside, is a great example. Any real professional with any sense will buy at most the $200 VESA mount. Those who buy the stands cause a number in Apple's servers to go up, representing how many mouth-breathing retards exist in the world who'll buy ANYTHING they make.

$1000 for a stand

At that point you're mostly paying for the warranty/service on your 35 grand in parts.

we ain't talking about garbage tier

Attached: .png (1164x743, 343K)

$3K+ and still only an HDD

Attached: .png (795x465, 55K)

Not really. But kind of. There are other things at play. Mostly politics.

More like extremely low demand for this vertical of product inflating the price.

Apple has not been the biggest offender for overpriced tech as of late, especially comparing them directly to their competition. Difference is Apple has economies of scale, owns a shit ton of the companies that produce their parts, and has profit margins on each unit that are sometimes double or triple that of what their competitors make.

Apple's existence is baffling, cause it's only got snob appeal due to people thinking it has snob appeal and only gets away with their prices because "Apple is expensive". It was different 10 years ago, but I think we're finally at that point where Apple's value as a brand starts to go down. There's no way the new iPhone will be notchless because of all sensors in it. The new Macbooks will continue to sacrifice form for function and eventually people won't enjoy using them, and none of their other products are particularly exciting or needed.

No, because the demand is quite high globally.

Design, marketing, packaging, building, software, ecosystem, brand, optimization, tech support and instructions, and extra stuff like an illuminated logo. You have to be an actual child to not realize this. What I think you are complaining about, and you know this, is the brand.

I talked to an Apple fan recently and this was partly what he said. The OS is superior, and the people who buy it don't care about the price. He compared it to other luxury goods with high markups. When I remarked that it was strange that Apple customers seem to have passively accepted that their PC has become a luxury good, even if they aren't that rich themselves and even without any equivalent upgrade in performance, he agreed that it was strange and the conversation trailed off.

Bruh there are a few things missing on your list...

>A max spec Thinkstation sells for nearly $100,000.
And in a couple years it's hundreds of times cheaper.

The regards keep buying it, that's all the justification they need.

>intel

>And in a couple years it's hundreds of times cheaper.
So it's a poor investment.

Because I don't want to fucking build it, I don't want some minimum wage highschool dropout to build it, I want a box I can buy, throw under my desk, and have it do whatever the fuck I tell it to for the next half decade without ever giving me shit.
If that's gonna cost me at max $600 a year, less than $2 a day, over having to do all that shit myself, manage warranties for 10x different vendors, and all that bullshit, then I'll fucking take it.

operating system made for white people and god tier customer support

Nah a max spec machine will retain it's value quite nicely even if only by sheer rarity
Take server CPUs, top end SKUs go for a lot compared to their brethren just one or 2 SKUs down

>And in a couple years it's hundreds of times cheaper.
>Nah a max spec machine will retain it's value quite nicely

Attached: 1550553239536.jpg (310x313, 60K)

Low end and middle of the road junk from cooperate sell-offs will sell for cheap since it's all stupidly common but that doesn't apply to a fully decked out machine where Lenovo or someone else may have sold only a few hundred of

>muh less than muh çoi latte
This is how bugmen justify 12 a month on spotify, another 12 on Netflix, 10 for Anime. Hundreds on utilities like Internet, phone and cable. No wonder Adobe moved from selling software to leasing it for 60-100 a month. After all, in your mind its only "$2 a day!"

The iPhoneX is a bargain says Tim Apple.

Apple products have become Veblen goods.

Literally because MacOS is unironically the best desktop OS. It's also the best OS for hipster graphic designers.

Whatever the market will bear.

and 8 gb of ram wtf

Apple and Blackmagic are competing with $40,000 HDR reference monitors. The ref monitors have extreme accuracy and all that, but they also contain a shit ton of bespoke hardware for accurate connections to high-end cameras etc. This drives the cost to "astronomical".

For companies willing to pay $40k for a reference monitor, Apple/Bm provide the same features ...plus free editing/compute capabilities. Or: most of the features for 1/3rd the price. It's modular.
The computer is a bonus.
So of course you can pick parts to match the mac pro for way less, but the perfectly-usable workstation that results has none of the features studios buy BVMs for.

Reminder that Jow Forums is behind most of these "AHAHAHAHA" threads.

Attached: 1558721836362.jpg (540x683, 73K)

Paying $6000 once every five years over $3000 for parts once every five years works out to be a difference of $2 a day.
I'm fucking happy with that, even if I'm paying all upfront.
$6k a year? Fuck that.
Every 5 years? Acceptable

Let's be honest here, you're just a seething poorfag who can't afford a real reference monitor that does Rec. 2020.

Attached: 1539247556411.jpg (546x561, 35K)