How to learn c++ in less than 2 days?

How to learn c++ in less than 2 days?

Attached: me most likely.jpg (790x976, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beet.the-eye.eu/public/Books/IT Various/ADDISON.WESLEY.A.TOUR.OF.C.PLUS.PLUS.2014.pdf
github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

#include
using namespace std;

int main(void) {
cout

please don t reply with le "smartass answers" and le "meme answers", thx

What other languages do you know?

It’s quite a fickle beast but if you have a specific topic you need it for I might be able to help

t. 3yrs professional experience w c++

If you dead ass seriously NEED to do this, like, someone has a gun to your head, pirate brain dumps and pray you don't get caught (do NOT buy them or you will). If you're just being lazy, stop.

Accelerated C++. Get the book from library genesis if yo have to.

You'll probably want to figure out where all the good docs and maybe an irc channel are so you can learn stuff as fast as possible as you actually need it

learncpp.com for basics and features.
Pic related for actual philosophy (6 hour read)

Academic C++ is dead simple, you can learn it in 4 hours if you have programmed before.
When in doubt, make it a class. That's how you wow your professor, slap 100 boilerplate classes and bullshit filler methods like "big 4" and setters/getters.
EVERYTHING IS CONST obj& BY DEFAULT.

Attached: download.jpg (219x293, 9K)

It's funny but that little snippet of code contains the entire idea of C++.

>#include
Segment your code nicely, compile what you need to.
>using namespace std;
Filter out boilerplate names, obvious and explicit API.
>cout

Wtf are "brain dumps" and why are they so scary that you can't get caught with them

In 2 days?
Focus on what is important and ignore all noise.
1. Verbose is always better, you are not writing something because it is quick to write, but because it is easier to read.
2. Conventions matter. Do things the same way all the time, and do it the same way as other people.
3. Read the documentation of the functions you use. Every function is documented the same way, so if you can read it for 1, you can read it for all.
4. Learn to compile your programs. It is essential, it isn't difficult to use multiple files and multiple libraries if you know what you are doing.
5. Write what you know. Doing simple things in a complicated way is a good way to test the method. Let's say you want to learn to write a user interface. You can pick something like a gas station and you immediately know exactly how it should be implemented because you have used one multiple times.

Another successful troll thread on Jow Forums. Keep up the good work.

thx for the tips and not being fa/g/s like the others
not a troll

>#include
Add a special case to the #include syntax for literally no reason whatsoever.
>using namespace std;
Namespace every single addition you make to C.
Make everyone type "std::" to use your additions.
Include some nonsensical special-case syntax so you can let people not do that.
Discourage everyone from using your new feature because it breaks shit.
>cout

What are you applying it to?

Just read C++: the best parts.

Attached: The_C_Programming_Language,_First_Edition_Cover_(2).svg.png (220x309, 13K)

learncpp.com

It's already been 4 hours. You could have read Bjarne's book by now. Simply turn off your computer and go read.

Impossible to read that book in 4 hours, it's nearly 1,4k pages long.

read C++ by Dissection

Looks like a place that sells exam questions and answers, don't really see what's wrong with it and how it exactly differs from practicing past papers (unless your course/cert doesn't let you for some reason)

>EVERYTHING IS CONST obj& BY DEFAULT.
Please don't do this for primitives smaller than 2 * sizeof(void*) . Most primitives such as char, int, float, etc are cheaper to copy than to pass by reference. Const is good though, const const everything you can.

Are you fucking serious..................
beet.the-eye.eu/public/Books/IT Various/ADDISON.WESLEY.A.TOUR.OF.C.PLUS.PLUS.2014.pdf

I have no idea how experienced you are but a very good starting point and something every C++ programmer should read is github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md

They are long but you can power through them all in 2 days, you will be a much better C++ programmer than your professor or whatever the fuck if you understand at least half of these guidelines. Of course if you are completely new to programming then this will go over your head and I suggest you start with some basics and kindly ask the person with a gun to your head for an extension.

Do you at least know C and C# or Java? You're fucked if not.

Just hire online an Indian programmer to do your code then pay him 10% of your salary.

Rince and repeat until you die.

These languages can unironically teach bad habits for C++ imo. Such as using C++ like C with classes or going into full OO autism like Java and C# with lots of new instead of smart pointers or stack objects etc

It would help if you told us why you need to do this. For a class? For a job? diff answers

Absolutely but they also introduce you to all the right concepts. You'll know C++ even if you write garbage code.

For a class

C++ is a meme language. Everyone strictly uses their own little subset of C++ because they think the rest of the language is dangerous/useless. If you need to learn C++ for a job or project, you need to figure out what parts of C++ they're actually using do you don't waste 70% of your 2 days learning template meta-programming only to learn it's strictly banned within their project. If it's too late for you to do this, you're fucked. Focus on the most absolute basic shit and play off "oh user you don't use std::uniqueptr???" as "oh I'm not that familiar with the new standards" and hope they offer to baby you while you figure it out.

what class?

ITT: Idiot OP browses Jow Forums for 9 hours 6 hours straight instead of learning C++ well enough to make CLI JSON parser

>job: we need a game dev on c++
>user: fuck yeh i know c++
>job: well we need to test you
>user: easy.. see ya
try youtube derek banas you fucking pajeet
and try not to lie next time

Nigga I have been reading till now, that is why I repplied so late,just about now I opened up my laptop and have seen that I have gotten some replies.
It is an exam for programing, I don t need that much theory just the basics, till now I didn t really care about that class so I learned just enough to barelly pass but I wanted to do a lil bit better now at the end.
I may be retarded but not that retarded, who the fuck would hire me if I didn t know shit?

You are better equipped to know what might be on the test than we are.

>Because "\n" is far too complex for human beings to comprehend, but the three-airplane mid-air collision that is iostream is perfectly understandable.
To be fair this one isn't that bad, is it? Isn't it supposed to allow for platform independence so you don't need to concern yourself too much with Mac/Nix/Windows new line differences?

>Such as using C++ like C with classes
But what I want the convenience of classes without the rest of the nonsense that comes with C++?

It also flushes the buffer, it's not a substitute for \n. But I don't expect Cniles to know.

Days 1-10: teach yourself variables, constants, arrays, strings, expressions, statements, functions,...
Days 11-21: teach yourself program flow, pointers, references, classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, ...
Days 22-697: do a lot of recreational programming. Have fun hacking but remember to learn froom your mistakes
Days 698-3648: interact with other programmers. Work on programming projects. Learn from them.
Days 3649-7781: teach yourself advanced theoretical physics and formulate a consistent theory of quantum gravity
Days 7782 - 14611: teach yourself biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, ...
Day 14611: use knowledge of biology to make an age-reversing potion
Day 14611: use knowledge of physics to build a flux capacitor and go back in time to day 2
Day 2: replace your younger self

As far as I know, this is the easiest way to teach yourself C++ in 2 days

Because C++ classes suck.

>an exam
honestly just look at a bunch of youtube videos for all the basics you need to know and the topics covered in class, practice it a bit, and you'll be fine

Is that moot?

15 min enought
just read about namespaces

You don't have to give a shit about line terminators in C either. IO functions turn \n into an appropriate terminator for files and streams open in text mode.

>some API exists and works fine, but you didn't write it
>introduce new API to replace it
>new API causes unforeseen problem which the previous one doesn't have
>add a solution
>conflate the solution with some unrelated concept
>call anyone who disagrees with your decision senile