Still use pic related

>Still use pic related
>Almost 5 years old
>Have a tripple monitor setup including a 4k 60hz main monitor
>Wanna upgrade but get told not to everytime by 4channers because "The next best thing is right around the cornor" or "prices will get cheaper soon when amd releases X"

I'm fucking tired of it guys. In August this thing is 5 years old and I need a new GPU (at least 2080).

When am I finally allowed?

Attached: asusgtx780.jpg (3232x2472, 1.19M)

There's rumors of rtx super lineup coming and a $100 to the 2080, 2070 and 2060. I'd jump on the 2080 super or price-cut 2080 if i were you.

And when will this happen? Im tired of getting 40fps in newer games now and i dont like downscaling

i need at least 4k 60fps

Well as far as the mental illness you and others on this board have, the most optimal time is obviously buying the flagship card of new release cycles. So wait until whatever it is that replaces the 2080/2080 Ti from Nvidia.

Possible announcement at E3 in 3 days but no known release date.

i thought the flagship cards were bad?

Badly priced but nothing wrong with the cards themselves except for the 2080. The 2080 is faster than the old 1080ti but comes with 3gb less vram which makes it look bad.

>more gb is better
>a 2tb hdd is better than a 1tb ssd

not when its faster and more efficient and who uses more than 8gb of graphical memory?

It doesn't matter at 1080p or 1440p but it's nice to have at higher resolutions goy.

They are badly priced but I know the mentality you have and you are never going have rest unless you buy the top end cards so forget about value and buy whatever is supposed to replace the 2080/2080 Ti depending on your budget.

>but comes with 3gb less vram which makes it look bad.

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 69K)

It's just a fact that 4k/60hz options aren't that good at the moment. Best bet: second hand 1080ti

>second hand 1080ti

jesus christ /v/ actually knows more about hardware than Jow Forums

Just buy used hardware

>i need at least 4k 60fps
There are cards out there that can provide this, especially if you tweak the settings in games. If money is no object then get one of those. Waiting is optional in your case. Every time a new generation is released you start getting good deals for the previous generation since they want to empty stock from these. I just bought myself a Sapphire Vega 64 when Radeon VII got released. I won't even need Navi, I can wait for the one after that or more. In your case you can go for Nvidia if you never plan to install Linux and you don't mind the price.

But if you're not in a hurry then the new cards should probably arrive this summer.

thanks, but this IS Jow Forums, friend

thats the point

only a retard would buy a second hand 1080ti

Turing was a mistake. The quality jump was insignificant compared to Maxwell/Pascal jump. RTX is a newborn meme and buying Turing you're a beta tester.

Wait for Ampere 2020.

>thats the point
not sure I'm following you. but thank you again for the earlier compliment.

Buy a 1080ti, probably best price/performance card on the market

>Just wait another full year

THATS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TELLING ME FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS

pick either 1080ti, 2080, 2080ti or radeon 7, and then shut you're fucking mouth

but if i buy now wont it be cheaper in 1 month?

>you're
Think I should turn 360 and get off of this site

>cheaper
>Nvidia
Uh, no

Actually I think you should get of this site. You're embarrassing.

Possibly, by a small amount because of Navi. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

if you turn 360 degrees you face the same way

No way nigguh

Just get a used 1080ti for 400 to 500 burgerbucks

>used 1080ti

fuck off

Hi shill!

enjoy your used up mining card with a lifespan of 3 months

With a year warranty? Don't mind if I do!

Not him, but why is buying used cards a bad idea?

Because of the crypto boom, a lot of people have been sort of over-using their cards which reduces their life span. People then sell them online after they're done with them. It's ok though if you look for a reputable seller with a warranty.

Is there any way to tell if a particular card has been used for mining? Also, I thought it was AMD cards that were best for mining or was I wrong?

Miners usually undervolt their cards to save on electricity and cooling cost. You should be more worried about a used gaming card since those people will actually get the card to 70 degrees

>buying 2nd hand gpu's
>ever

>Is there any way to tell if a particular card has been used for mining?
Not really, unless the BIOS has been changed, but that still doesn't guarantee anything and it can be reverted.

What deal you scored? I've camelcameled nitro v64 and it was 375€ couple of days ago but didn't pull the trigger. Sharing the op's frustration about the subject

1080ti
Gaming without some hobbyist cooling setup
More like ~80ish

enlightened user

In the mid 2000s you could throw away your computer every 2 years, but now my desktop is approaching 8 years, and still no problems.

Go for 1440p with a higher refresh rate

When you stop being a pussy and make your own decisions. There's always a new tech hype. Identify your needs then meet the needs why are you asking jobless larpers who argue about superficial shit like what OS they use (or claim they use) and magically never get around to how they use it.

stop listening to Jow Forums
upgrade whenever you feel like it
its your fucking system
buy what you need at the time
there will always be new shit

imagine being this much of a brainlet and then also scold this board, hilarious

its true tho. 2nd hand cards suck

>Identify your needs then meet the needs
This. The most you should wait is 2 months, if there's nothing coming on the horizon than just buy the card you want/need now. Remember the new cards are just a marginal performance increase anyway. It will take years before the current cards are obsolete, games don't improve that fast anymore, not like in the 2000s. And if you need a GPU for something other than gaming than you probably can't afford to wait anyway.

That said, navi is going to be fully unveiled at E3 in a few days so it would be retarded to buy something today, wait until Monday at least.

>mining
>1080 Ti
Stop talking about things you know nothing about, you stupid nigger faggot.

Been on a second hand card for a while now, it's been mined on and still hasn't presented any problems to me, I've repeated for better temps and if it does cheap out I can just claim the warranty that's still on it straight from the manufacturer. You're a brainlet

Fuck me phoneposting sucks, why does it intentially make typos.

>and I need a new GPU (at least 2080)
>need
no, you don't. a 780 can do whatever you want
also 2080 doesn't worth its price

In less than a month amd is releasing new gpus, which Nvidia will need to respond to
Buy then

Just buy an RX 570 for $100, you'll be set for a while

They are tho, just buy a used flagship from last year and repeat every 2 years.

This. I've only just upgraded my GTX680 4gb for a 1080ti late last, and only because I upgraded to a 1440/144hz monitor. If I was still on 1080p/60hz, the 680 was still plugging away at medium-high settings.
Still living the Sandybridge dream with a 3930k though.

This.
You're an idiot, and stop spreading FUD

This
It's Navi 5800 for me since that's what's going on the ps5 and xbox2

>listening to Jow Forums
you need to start thinking for yourself or you're going to be buying AMD refreshes for the next 10 years