MLED

>mLED

What's the catch?

Attached: 1559984271132.jpg (3000x2000, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/semiconductors/optoelectronics/this-microled-display-is-smaller-than-a-bug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your shekels

It's not micro crt.

It won't stop you touching yourself at night

it's huge and expensive
anyone know how fast it is?

>What's the catch?
She's a catch.

Grill sold separately

Weber is a nice brand.

your shekels
and burn-in occurs after 10mn of use and it is considered "normal wear and tear"

>*tips*
>m'LED

Attached: 1544079382973.jpg (323x241, 8K)

The catch is that they are not micro. 75" is the smallest display they can make at the moment.

Gigantic pixels, enjoy your horrendous PPI and limited consumer application

kek

Haha kek

why?
What is stoping them from making smaller ones?

Just like with every piece of new tech, it takes time and a bit of r&d to size down a manufacturing process. It's not as simple as applying the rules semi-conductors manufacturers use onto LEDs.

i want to buy that qt

Came here to post this.

Damn you user but kek regardless.

It will probably never make it to market in TV-sized consumer form, and if it does it won't be for a long time. Samshit are getting ready to start producing their own OLED TVs, and they're the ones who've been pushing mLED harder than anyone. They wouldn't even be bothering to set up manufacturing for TV-sized OLED panels if there was any possibility of mLED TVs in the next five years.

*tips*
m'LEDy

She's a catch

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-084656.jpg (1432x2110, 1010K)

Her pose looks odd.
Why didn't the photographer tell her to adjust?

I don't need to depart wth my money when my eyes can use a black and white 1950's TV just fine.

Who doesn't like watching wagecucks squirm and suffer?

Attached: 14814658.jpg (2000x1153, 571K)

I wish I looked that cute

display technology is one of the most with diminishing returns at this point, who even cares at this point about some new gimmick

I want to believe. They went from 150" to 75" in one year.

in due time fren, in due time

Attached: 1.jpg (1500x1000, 708K)

fucking voidbrains on this board, I swear to christ

I'd display my dick to the inside of her cunny

Attached: it is I, Darien Shields.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Price at the moment.

Also probably dead pixels.

This technology is undoubtedly the future. It's the best we have at pretty much everything, except really small screens like phones and smart watches

Adjust the levels a bit to get more contrast and stronger color.

Applefags BTFO

the sales display is always better than the production model. In other words, what you see in a demonstration looks like the model they are selling you but the demonstration model is made from far superior components. Take it from me. I have spent 30 years in the development and advertising industry. Even the ones you see in shops the demo model is vastly different to what they actually sell you. It looks the same but the components are far better quality in the demo model

Why the fuck do they have to ALWAYS include whites, why can't they use tender, feminine and VERY capable black men
absolutely disappointed.

Attached: bbc4bbm.jpg (946x755, 161K)

Attached: HappyMan.jpg (798x631, 112K)

Attached: 11076886-6817733-National_level_futsal_player_Atta_Elayyan_right_was_reportedly_k-a-2_1552778265203. (586x518, 47K)

>thread

Kill him the second time.

LOL

Attached: Capture.png (129x141, 42K)

The technology is designed for 8K and 16K resolutions.

Attached: m'lord.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Which means fuck all spread around a 20 meter display

Attached: 1560015052171.jpg (1280x766, 192K)

oh exploitable

Attached: oh exploitable.png (2000x1153, 930K)

16k Stallman eating yes please

Attached: sad.jpg (2000x1153, 174K)

This is the worst news I heard in a long time, I fucking hate OLED

>the future of professional display
that's the catch. professional. not consumer.

You being dumb doesn't affect anything outside of your basement, fortunately.

Still could be a better alternative to projectors, since you'd get a huge screen without basically having to build a separate dark room for it.

Is two letters under oLED

$19.99 + tips

kek

Attached: 1456455170796.png (874x763, 122K)

>What is stoping them from making smaller ones?
money

>What's the catch?
They want to upsell huge 8K/16K TVs and will refuse to sell reasonably sized/priced 4K versions for as long as possible.

is mLED OLED without the burnin?

n-- uh-- yea, pretty much

it's OLED except shit

it's OLED except good

i am on the fence to get a TV, i already have a 165Hz/1440p VA monitor for my computer but i want a TV on the range of 55" for proper console experience and Vietnamese cartoons. is QLED the best option out there?

why are they glowing

Attached: 1555297142125.jpg (670x670, 157K)

mLED technology is technically an airborne contagion -- those people will be shitting in technicolor for weeks

I dont know about marketingLED (qled), but supposedly IPS is better than VA for lower response times

PPI over a hundred is a worthless meme

finally ffs: I've waited for 10 FUCKING YEARS for this "new" technology. ips, oled, va, tn, everything is the same fucking garbage, with prices inflated by jews.

Attached: MicroLED-vs-oled-vs-lcd.jpg (500x608, 114K)

its still 5 years away

response times are not a big concern for me since the games that i will play on the couch would be mostly RPG's/Racing games, things that do not require autistic levels of concentration. My concern is the view angles and picture quality.

Sample and hold. Extremely expensive. Also draws a ton of energy, putting out tons of heat.

Attached: 1559933267851.jpg (459x244, 22K)

lel

Attached: njk6zawarjz11.jpg (700x680, 63K)

>OLED and LCD both have "medium" lifespans
I don't think so

>contrast rate: infinite
WTF? How can contrast rate be infinite? That would mean that if you set it to maximum brightness it would blow up the earth be and seen from outer space,

If oled is "medium life span" then LCDs life span is next to infinite.

LCD outlasts OLED by a fair margin.

>being retarded
blacks are "turned off", therefore the ratio between any number and 0 is infinite
oled actually lasts more than lots of you imagine, but their lifespans are both "medium" compared to micro led one

Attached: 1513717284151.jpg (628x534, 75K)

>blacks are "turned off", therefore the ratio between any number and 0 is infinite
Well purely technically speaking maybe, but the human eye can't see something that dark even in the darkest room, there's visual noise in the eye and even before getting to that level the image becomes hard to see. Since an addictive screen creates light in stead of absorbing it the has to be a ground floor where the human eye can still perceive different shades of dark gray and count the light added from that black point.
Basically what you're saying is that super faint uLED at minimum brightness has better contrast ratio than an LCD at full brightness, while it technically the LED may have infinite contrast ratio the image contrast ratio is limited by the noise floor of the human eye and other optical and neural limitations.

>except really small screens like phones and smart watches
Um
spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/semiconductors/optoelectronics/this-microled-display-is-smaller-than-a-bug

>black suit with brown shoes

yikes

>black suit with brown shoes with blue tie
even bigger yikes

wew

Would fugg

Her elbows are way too pointy. I want to date a woman not a box cutter.

is that jim carrey

Attached: kek.png (420x420, 117K)

kek, but it could be better with some dubs

No, it's best for phones too, since the power efficiency is so good.

In terms of quality, there isn't one. It's pretty much perfect in all aspects. However they are insanely expensive and very hard to make around the 40-500 PPI range, which is what you'd want for any kind of consumer tech.

Meh, I'm fine with mLED for high end smartphones and computer monitors

Her hair looks like the dude's hand introducing you to his girlfriend.

no you dumb shit, a black pixel on an oled/mled doesn't emit any light, so in a sealed environment with no other light sources, a black pixel will be perfectly black
it's got nothing to do with how much light the panel itself reflects from external sources (how dark the display looks just sitting there turned off)

imagine the smell

yes, but I'm telling you in the real world you can't measure contrast ratio like that because it's completely meaningless for the person watching the movie, there's a limitation of how dark the human eye can perceive between other factors so there has to be a ground floor for how dark the human eye can see and then measure the brightness from there to have a meaningful measurement that reflects what a human sees.

they're not measuring what you see they're measuring what happens in the physical world
soft psychovisual shit vs objective measurements

>I love my job!

You can't call it perfectly black if it's not vantablack

again, that's for reflected light, not emitted light