Vacuums are t*chnology

Vacuums are t*chnology.

Why aren't central vacuums more popular in Europe? It's fucking great. Instead of recirculating dusty air it exhausts outside and it has a giant container so you don't have to empty it after every second cleaning. Plus it's quiet since you can install it in the basement or the garage or even outside if you cover it up properly.

Attached: 1559866513985.jpg (560x404, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehenryrange.co.uk/the-henry-hoover-range-what-are-the-differences/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My parents have one. It's not quiet, but it's great, wish I had one where I live now.

Because I don't live in a wooden house being eaten by termites

What do when the pipe gets blocked halfway round the house embedded in a wall?

Quiet in the sense you're not in the same room so it doesn't matter how loud it is. I had a small vacuum that I had to wear noise protection earmuffs to because it was that fucking loud.

You call your $500/pm service contractor. Yuropoors are too poor for such things, however.

Is this popular in the US?

In Europe, houses are made of brick and mortar rather than plywood. If something goes wrong with any central installation, it will probably require more effort to fix or even diagnose.

Depending on the building, some pipes (like for central heating) aren't even inside walls. Instead they're uncovered, or covered with a cupboard/closet. More uncovered pipes won't be aesthetically pleasing. More covered pipes means a lot of hassle if anything ever goes wrong with the installation. Portable electric vacuums are convenient enough.

Attached: heater-interior-close-up-photo-apartment-central-heating-system-32442065.jpg (1300x957, 127K)

Because nobody wants to bother ripping up a hundred feet of brick wall to hide the pipes. At that point the whole thing gets a very unfavorable cost/effort to benefit ratio. Nevermind half the population renting. Also I imagine a unit like this is far harder to service. A normal vacuum is self contained and can easily be replaced. I don't know what the standardization situation with central vacuuming even is. Can anyone guarantee you that you can still find parts with the correct fittings and adapters in ten years time, or does every central vacuum manufacturer use their own sizes?

>like 20 sections when 5-10 are enough even for a large room
>cut the downstream pipe instead of installing a bypass valve
What kind of nigger monkey made that?

Also that's 20+ years old, nobody uses steel piping nowadays.

Central vacuums are a bit like smart homes, the difference being that smart home systems have to be completely torn down and replaced in 5 years, while a central vacuum can last 15.

Some houses do have these in Europe. It's not very popular but definitely is a thing. The thing is though these things can't vacuum for shit. In fact US have absolutely shit tier vacuums. Basically US peeps have to choose between chink vacuums and Dysons (which are british). Dysons are the literal apple of vacuums, overpriced underspecced shit. Unironically the best vacuums are pic related, henry hoovers. These things are literally more powerful than most commercial vacuums, are cheap as fuck and last forever, I inherited mine from my dead grandmother, the vacuum survived WW2. Henry hoovers are the thinkpad of vacuums/hoovers.

Attached: ebic-hoover.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>steel
You wish. It's a cast iron, man.

So you have to replace the entire shit show every 15 years? Do we look like we shit money?

you don't know what cast iron is

What's the Henry Hoover of upright vacuums? I don't have a lot of storage space.

>having central shit that takes a ton of work to service when needed
I rather just have a chink robot connected to the botnet that does its shit by itself when I'm out.

I assume you don't either.

Can't Jose fix it for $20?

Pipes were never made of cast iron (it isn't even possible), it's steel. Cast iron is extremely rigid and brittle. The radiator itself can be cast iron, but not the pipes.

t. materials engineer

>These things are literally more powerful than most commercial vacuums, are cheap as fuck and last forever, I inherited mine from my dead grandmother, the vacuum survived WW2.
It's a 620W vacuum cleaner. Talk about apple pricing and apple specs.

Karcher makes nice (albeit ridiculously expensive) 2000W+ wet&dry vacuums.

>>like 20 sections when 5-10 are enough even for a large room

The bigger the radiator the more efficient you can make the heating system.
It is now a trend to build the central heating radiators in the floor to further increase efficiency.

Ah, fuck, man! My mistake. I thought you speak about radiators (and on that photo it's a cast iron radiators) from the start.
I apologize.

>620Watt
No the real henry hoover is 1200/1400W. The 620W is a power-efficient one.

Floor heating is a fucking meme.

>am cold
>turn up heat
>takes hours to adjust
>becomes too warm

>am warm
>turn down heat
>takes hours to adjust
>becomes too cold

>repeat adjustment every day for different weather

Just to add, from Googling, the 620W one has a switch that switches it to 1200W.
>thehenryrange.co.uk/the-henry-hoover-range-what-are-the-differences/
>It has a useful hi/low feature which allows you to switch seamlessly between the more powerful 1,200w and a lower 600w mode

>I inherited mine from my dead grandmother, the vacuum survived WW2. Henry hoovers are the thinkpad of vacuums/hoovers.

I inherited a Miele from my dead grandmother.
Fairly sure it's a lot better than anything with a fucking face on it.
Probably far more expensive though.

You don't manually adjust them, you control them with a programmable thermostat.

Hasn't the filter in these old things already degraded into dust by now? Or are the replacements for them?

Henry hoovers a literally the only useful thing the British have ever made. They can only make vacuums, dysons and henrys, everything else they make is worthless. Just give them the win on this one. Literally entire country was bombed by the Luftwaffe and only thing to survive were the fucking vacuums. Henry hoovers are indestructable, you don't even need to use a bag.

Also garbage disposers - why can't we have them in Europe?
I also like American style ceilings with the lights build in.

Europe does need to copy more things from Americans and became even more superior than we already are.

You buy cheap no-brand replacements at the supermarket.

The henry bags and filters are non-proprietary formats, and the design of the hoovers hasn't changed much since the war, so getting replacements is no issue.

>central vacuums
>popular in Europe
Yeah, let's tear down the brick walls and marble floors of all the historic buildings, to install a meme.

That shit only makes sense in the US because:
1. cardboard buildings that you can take apart and put together again with duct tape and glue
2. americans too fat and unfit to carry a vacuum around their mcmansion

This is very popular in all new constructions/major renovations in high-tech parks here in Israel, Herzliya

>I also like American style ceilings with the lights build in.
Europeople already do dropped ceilings with lighting in newly built houses as well as older buildings that have a high ceiling (which is probably most of them)

Attached: gf-z2Yb-S2qR-sc8p_sufit-podwieszany-664x442-nocrop.jpg (664x442, 39K)

>Also garbage disposers - why can't we have them in Europe?
they exist, buy one and install it yourself

>I also like American style ceilings with the lights build in.
these also exist in europe
t. I have them in the hallway

Just use one with water filter. Pretty great, no dust in exhaust.
Cleaning is hassle free - just dump the water down the toilet.

I use a broom for the floors and a rag for the walls, I'm old fashioned that way. Fuck this zoomer shit.

give back their land shlomo

>buy one and install it yourself
I live in a rental apartment so I can't have nice things.

was it a Dyson? they rip you're ear out and rape it

>Also garbage disposers - why can't we have them in Europe?
There are a number of norms and laws in place to ensure the quality and quantity of waste water is such that its treatment can commit in an efficient and effective manner, such as EN 12056-1. In other words there's no guarantee our waste water treatment plants would be able to adequately handle everyone just chopping up their kitchen scraps and food scraps and flushing them down the drain. In the majority of European countries these garbage disposers are actually illegal or never get approved for households, and in the few where they're legal they're absolutely uncommon.

>as well as older buildings that have a high ceiling (which is probably most of them)
There was a period in the late 19th and early 20th century when buildings were built with high ceilings, but even older houses typically have ceilings even lower than modern ones. A lot of our residential houses date back to a time when the US didn't exist yet.

>scratches the hardwood
>Is a bitch too carry around that massive tube thing
>tube thing is literally alien technology

>cleaning your walls
U wot m8? Are you a bit of a messy eater?

They suck.

Well yes but you'd be letting a Spaniard into your house

>vaccumes
>zoomer tech
Ok gramps, how is life in the 1860s?

stop adjusting the thermometer and it will hold the right temperature with a smaller variance.

if you keep adjusting it manually to how you feel it will increase the variance.

Throw your shit into the bio degradable gargabe like any human being you lazy piece of shit, noone wants your half eaten fries in the water

How would I even install one in a stone-built house from the 19th century?
We clean the floors with a mop. We have a vacuum cleaner but I don't remember when last used it.

>feel uncomfortable
>want to turn heat up or down
>STOP ADJUSTING IT, NOT ADJUSTING IT IS A FEATURE
Nah thanks, you can stick your floor heating up your fucking ass. I'll stick to traditional radiators.

>device that you configure by setting a target temperature
>hurr i'm cold - max temperature!
>durr i'm hot - min temperature!
maybe a mud hut and a fireplace is more appropriate for your stupid head

Im European, and i never knew these existed

European houses most often don't have garages or basements, they have nowhere to put a central vacuum.

for me, its Miele.

If it's so easy, then explain to me how I'm supposed to know what my target temperature is. Humans don't feel temperature, they feel temperature differences. I don't know whether I want the room to be 20 or 22°C, I only know whether I want it to be warmer or colder.

Only one model with powered brush for medium pile? Clearly not designed for the Clapistanis.

As a nigger with chronic athsma, vacuums are really important in preventing my lungs from sperging out.

For me, its Dyson. I literally couldn't believe it when I borrowed my gf's moms Dyson vac to clean my room one time.

Man can they suck.

>Man can they suck.
your gf and her mom?

All of em user, its a blanket statement

fyi, they are specially designed to be intentionally loud. people didn't think quiet vac had much suck power, but think that louder ones have more suck power. blame normies.

normies are intentionally loud and have much suck power and think quiet ppl must have problem

you leave the heater set to the temperature that's just right. the heater adjusts itself on its own to the optimal temperature that you set. if it can't get to it, either it's broken or you're doing some stupid shit that prevents it from working correctly

some thermostats don't have direct temperature scales, just an arbitrary number or symbol scale. but it works the same way - it heats itself until it reaches the designated temperature

sorry you're too dumb for thermostats

Last century, I worked in a telephone exchange that was built in the '20s. Keith Line Plunger Switches, 100-line GEC bimotional switches and all. And it all still worked. It couldn't handle the modern traffic, but.
It has (still AFAIK) a vacuum cleaner built into the walls. Originally installed when the place was built.
It was working but unused by the cleaners.

Wholesome!

Attached: 1548860546141.png (1875x1779, 2.6M)

>noone wants your half eaten fries in the water
Versus the fully eaten and digested ones you already flush down the toilet?

why do they look so fucking retarded

British """humour"""

Well, maybe on one day I prefer a different temperature than on another day because who knows, I've gotten home from the cold outside or I've just worked out. The matter of fact is that floor heating DOESN'T FUCKING ADJUST QUICKLY ENOUGH, and this shit is sold to retard brainlets like you as a feature.

For the longest time I thought they didn't exist and were just a joke in movies and tv shows. Are americans seriously so fucking lazy they can't throw their stuff in the trash can? Do people there really throw waste into the sink?

Dyson is literally scam trash you retard

>t*chnology
Fuck you for bypassing my filter kuck

>2019
>Installing some expensive bullshit system where you still have to do all the work, it's just slightly more convenient
>Not just having a robot do it for you

I have pic related and it just werks, every two days, dump the bin container, takes like 30 seconds. I come home to fantastic clean floors every day. Imagine unironically cleaning your floors manually lel.

Attached: images (15).jpg (678x452, 40K)

>mediocre sucking power
>constantly full
>gets stuck on rug edges
>leaves out spots thanks to its retarded path algorithm
>still terrible value thanks to "tech gimmick" pricing
Nothing personnel.
I'd rather invest 15 minutes a week to get my floors spotless, including rugs and carpets.

>mediocre sucking power

Plenty enough for me and I have three hairy dogs, maybe stop dropping tacos and chocolate on your carpet?

>constantly full
>Thirty seconds to empty every two to three days is literally a holocaust

>gets stuck on rug edges

Welcome to 2019, current models have no trouble with rugs, that shit was fixed fucking ages ago
>Having rugs anyway because your wife nags you into muh home decoration

>leaves out spots thanks to its retarded path algorithm

Literally does not happen

>still terrible value thanks to "tech gimmick" pricing

Seems like a reasonable price to have freshly vaccuumed floors every single day.

>not having rugs for cold months comfort (i.e. the majority of the year) and audio treatment
>being a barefooted, tiled living room BR monkey

>muh cold feet
>not having based tiles everywhere
What a f*g.

I'm buying a new place and it has the piping for central vac. Ballpark, how much would a central vac system cost with installation? Are they good?

You get a piece of steel wire and push it through.

Why would anyone want this? How would I vacuum my car?

i've literally never heard of this before

>henry hoover
>henry
>hoover
wat? that's like saying whopper big mac

amerilards BTFO

BRICK AND MORTAR MASTER RACE REPORT IN!

I never got the Henry meme desu. I used them at work, they seemed shit to me.

If you have money to burn, buy a Miele.
If you don't, buy a Bosch.
Good solid reliable machines.
Same with washing machines desu.

Most Europeans throw floor sweepings out the window, and shake out carpets over the balcony.

Is Miele the Volkswagen of vacuum cleaners?

>not having heated floors for comfy warm floors

Stop being a zionist and go back to where you came from, kike.