Was it really that futureproof?

Was it really that futureproof?

Attached: 73691f81cdbbbe489652dcd80e33f35c90b5d24f279761f083dce75dcb447985[1].jpg (320x320, 65K)

not really
no vt-d

Nothing is future proof in this field

lmao ok

It lasted very long.

Hell it is still viable as a low end solution.
In fact it was so good Intel decided not to solder ivy bridge to create planned obsolescence.

Only because intel are huge jews and held back CPUs for a decade on their shitty quad cores

Still using mine, no plans to stop

Attached: untitled.png (1166x644, 75K)

The motherboard is going to blow soon

Why is that? I've been using it since 2011

It's crazy to think that just 2 years ago 4c/4t was mainstream and 4c/8t was the "enthusiast" market that would cost you an arm and a leg.

Now here we are 2 years later. 4 cores are obsolete. You can buy a 6c/12t for $100. Nodes are shrinking fast. 15% IPC from gen to gen. 12 cores as the enthusiast option.

Really puts into perspective how badly Intel fucked up the CPU market in their years of dominance with their bullshit core stagnation and 3% IPC gains. And you just know if it wasn't for Ryzen we'd still be on 4c/4t today. Fuck Intel and fuck any retard who still supports them.

Explain fucker, I'm worried now

>3% IPC gains
More like 0% IPC gains since Skylake. All that's increased is the frequency.

No reason to worry. It's just that the motherboard tends to be the part that craps up before the CPU, which is basically indestructible unless you do something retarded like massive overvoltage. Maybe it happens in a month, maybe it'll go another 5 years.

Oh I see. Yeah, this current build has eaten through 3 PSUs so far

A quad core used to cost 500 bucks just a few years back. Intelkike shills will still tell you that their gaymen do not use more than one core.
There are literally 4/5 year old incel chips that have better single core performance than some of their newer chips, I shit you not.

user, stop playing Jow Forums russian roulette and buy a decent PSU before the next rosewill one takes the rest of your parts with it.

Yes it is.

Attached: 2500k4.2.png (460x435, 21K)

Nope, it's older brother was until Intel disabled Hyperthreading.

your computer games still only run on one core.

Same thing will happen with Ryzen 5 1600

I'm pretty sure it's actually a negative IPC gain figure because of all of the hardware exploits from Intel cutting corners.

>Hell it is still viable as a low end solution.
I can still play modern games on high on 1440p and a 1060.

1060 6gb is best value today IMO

I still use 2600k

RTX is better

I am holding out for the next level of low profile series that can run off the slot.

virtualization is a meme as are all of the gimmick kike special instruction sets that intel markets. Outside of a data center and proper professional environment, virtualization is a meme. Virtualization came during a period of hard-core enthusiasts that convinced themselves they'd used their hardware for everything under the sky. They didn't. Intel marketed corelet bullshit year over year w/ the allure of some new instruction set support that LARPs never used.

AVX is a huge meme to name a recent one

^This. Just sold a 4core for as much as I paid for an 8 core. Why? those dusty ass older 4 cores have serious single core performance and increased core count = more heat/density and clocks go lower. Gotta understand your workflow and purchase accordingly. Cores and clocks are inversely related. The innovation was with MCM by AMD. Prior to that, there was little to no real innovation in CPUs over the years.. just bogus new instruction support and the same 4/4 . 4/8 configuration... which is all the average person really even needs. I upgrade in part though due to better power efficiency. Computers causes room infernos and people like to pretend like they don't.

Correct. It's funny getting a comp. engineering degree because even in the first comp arch course.. you realize the nigger tier shit intel pulled in their pipeline w/ things like speculative execution and how they got those retarded gains over the years by doing ridiculously insecure shit. Out of order execution and speculative execution are by their nature shady as fuck.. Put that in the hand of a bunch of shaddy jews and the results speak for themselves.

Virtualization was a good thing really. Many servers couldnt play well with specific software together. They were mostly low requirements to run but had specific demands on the databases and such. Ran into this issue with a Finance and marketing system conflict. Splitting the resources of the hardware and letting it load balance was the best option available and still is.
Wattage and heat as well. I love the i5 line over the i7/i9 line. They are that sweet spot of speed, cooling and enough multi-cores.

Core 2 duo was the last good chip from intel.

It's been 8 years since it came out.
>Still used
Yeah I'd call that future proof

Why are zoomers so nostalgic for things released around 07-10?

And Intel managed to be the company known for popularizing multicore and their hyperthreading stuff. I remember when it looked like the route for high end systems would be adding more sockets and getting threading from using multiple CPUs . Now we are close to the threadripper 3k which will bring 64 cores to consumers

>virtualization is a meme

Spoken like a true retard, Virtualization essentially powers the modern internet. AVX has a massive performance impact on software that actually supports it and can even benefit software that doesn't because of compiler auto-vectorization

Yes, all things considered.

My 4690k chokes on modern games and takes forever to render videos even with gpu acceleration. The 2500k would be even worse. Like sandybridge was really good but in 2019, 4c/4t just dont cut it no more. Especially when a ryzen 1600 costs $80 from microcenter and blows all intel cpus before skylake out of the water in multi and single thread

sup bro

Attached: specs.png (843x576, 175K)

current future proof is the 8500

Is there a way to update bios microcode since ASUS wont update it?

Stagnation proof.

Literally a decade of stagnation made this thing the "best" thing.

I accidentally ran an i5 without thermal paste for a whole year, it was at 97c most of the time. Still works. Hard little fuckers

i got a i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz + 1060 6gb and they both par well. neither bottlenecks each other.

2600k was the better futureproof investment. the difference between 4 and 8 threads is massive in newer titles.

>released in 2011
>still a capable CPU for anything you throw at it, including light gaming
How was it not futureproof

same
got my 2500k and 3770k still going strong
unless anything major breaks i see no reason to upgrade any time soon

>
how the fuck do you even do that.

are you retarded?

>TFW bought non k version instead
felt like a retard all those years
i just ordered ryzen 2600, how much of improvement will it be?

This.
Sandy bridge was the last gen with actual competition until Ryzen happened

>tfw 2700k chad
NEVER OBSOLETE

12 threads is going to be quite the improvement. The IPC is about Kaby Lake tier so it should be a marked improvement over Sandy and Ivy either way.

GTX 1650 has an upcoming low profile from Zotac

But, it's still slower than a 1060.

sup breh

Attached: Capture.jpg (655x533, 51K)