Why would anyone use this on a full DE? What is the point of wasting time configuring email through the CLI...

Why would anyone use this on a full DE? What is the point of wasting time configuring email through the CLI? Just to be leet haxor man/hipster?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/nzea38/why-security-experts-are-using-an-ancient-email-format-in-2015
youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ
harmful.cat-v.org/software/email/mime
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because thunderbird is le bloaded

what a pointless fucking thread user

Because it makes me feel like Strong Bad.

Attached: sbemail.png (496x390, 32K)

A mail agent like mailx or mutt can't open HTML mail which makes it useless since people send me HTML mail.
A retarded meme-spouter like Luke would probably cope wit this fact by trying to pass it off as an advantage somehow. Luke is such an idiot that he became a Freemason and moved to a forest cabin based entirely on memes and ideologies he found online.
Complete loser.

I set it up today and feel that I completely wasted my time. Its pretty neat for about 10mins and then it wears off

Wait it doesn't even do html? What the fuck?

Use Thunderbird, its a mail client instead of a mail user agent like mutt. It's lower complexity too since you won't have to interface it with the mail forwarding agent like msmtp nor gpg nor pass.
If Mutt had an advantage to warrant the additional infrastructural complexity then I'd use it but it doesn't.
Thunderbird let's me have more than 9 accounts.

Attached: D8coZ_mVsAIFWs5.png (635x903, 739K)

YO I have a question!!!!!

how to hide everything in an email except the main text?

It does, you can render HTML using w3m. But it's not nearly perfect, and there are no images. I unironically use neomutt, and it legit is better than thunderbird. Shit is so fast, navigating using keyboard is so comfy.
>you won't have to interface it with the mail forwarding agent like msmtp nor gpg nor pass.
I know Luke's setup forces you to use these, but there is literally no need to.

Luke is a retard who admitted he rarely has an inner-monologue because it's too mentally taxing for him.
It's probably why his "philosophy" videos are him getting excited over 4th grade-tier revelations (since he can't inductively debate himself) or why he's unable to understand why people would use software that he doesn't use.

Luke will just brush it off and say mail ought not have HTML. As if his meme ideals change the reality.

>I unironically use neomutt, and it legit is better than thunderbird.
Fucking how? What speed difference actually is there? .5 ms to then spend 10 minutes actually reading and writing emails? That won't affect productivity at all.

It's not about "speed" or "minimalism". The productivity gains come from being able to navigate the entire program using the keyboard as well as using vim to write emails. No mouse needed. Its way comfier than that unmaintained pile of shit that thunderbird is.

Attached: nomouse.jpg (384x352, 44K)

>sit at a desk all day
>"urgh, moving the mouse with my hands is too much work"
You realize that even though Thunderbird is graphical that it doesn't actually require the mouse right?

does neomutt have any way of organizing email? folders or tags or something?

I love the idea and feeling of mutt, but the config shit is really confusing. It's not all described in a clear and concise way. Each resource that exists to explain it seems to have completely separate explanations for how to do things.
I also don't like how it's designed with the default assumption that you're running it on the same computer that's storing your mail. 99.99% of people are just IMAP-ing or POP3-ing to their gmail/outlook/protonmail/hotmail/yahoo/whatever, and the bloated GUI clients like Thunderbird know this and prompt you on first use to set up your accounts.
Using mutt is a dream, but setting it up is a nightmare.

Thunderbird has shortcuts dumbass

>Using mutt is a dream,
For fuck's sake, WHY
What about this shit makes it a dream?

>taking tech advice from a tech-illiterate Jow Forums-tard who parrots vague, 3rd party notion on programming languages he's never used.
He doesn't even know the distinction between GNU, "UNIX", and POSIX.

I found the guy while looking up how to install arch on vm out of curiosity. I don't think I've every cringed as hard as seeing this balding 28 year old man look into a camera and say "upcummies" with a straight face.

>even know the distinction between GNU, "UNIX", and POSIX.
Without an inner-monologue, he can't figure it out himself, despite UNIX not being distributed and despite him writing " POSIX compliant shell". If somebody doesn't reason it out and tell him then he can't figure it out.
It's probably why he likes memes so much, since he can't really synthesize brand new ideas and concepts.
Like all shortcomings in his life, he rationalizes the lack of an inner-monologue as an advantage.

He literally models his life around wojak boomer memes and stuff spergs on Jow Forums write. He's even moved to a forest cabin because he started watching Varg again recently.
You should watch his book videos, it's really embarrassing.

Attached: 1559701427221.jpg (625x768, 85K)

its v. comfy to navigate and read emails in terminal. Also more secure see this article
vice.com/en_us/article/nzea38/why-security-experts-are-using-an-ancient-email-format-in-2015

I use GNUMail.app on GNU/Linux and it's my favorite email client.

I use it to save battery on my laptop. Using it on my PC would be pointless.

Are there any resources on inner monologues that aren't greentext-tier anecdotes? It seems like an interesting subject.

>mime mail
tell whoever is sending you html to fuck off.

he did a podcast on this once
youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ

If you're thinking about ideas that you'd like to communicate in a formal and logical manner, you use words.
If you're going to host an internal debate the idea then you need sympathy (ability to emulate the though process of others) and you also need words.
It's just common sense, for some people like Luke, its too taxing so they rely on the other forms of though processing only. I think it's due to his autism, same reason why some autistics are borderline mutes.

>w-who needs HTML anyway
I can read all mail and you can't inspire of your "elite" mail agent.
Besides, there's nothing wrong with HTML tags in mail, you meme-spouter.

harmful.cat-v.org/software/email/mime

HTML in emails is used for tracking. You do know this right? That's why most email clients that do have html rendering will ask you if you want to download images.

this if you want your email to look nice you should run it through nroff first then pipe it to your email editor.

UNIX-way is retarded for modern and not even its founders believed in it because they knew its not timless.
Real 70s UNIX way had you pipe to 7 programs just to spell check.

>HTML must mean webpages
Uhh, no you tech-illiterate. I use HTML for RTF, tables, other text formatting that plain UTF cannot do.

well nroff formatting is only 1 pipe and you don't even have to insert any nroff commands for it know what to do.

html in emails mean webpages.
it's why they are banned from any and all tech mailing lists.
nroff > html.

now we laugh to how dumb OP is because he cannot into text file editing

fast lightweigth and fun