NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST USE WINDOWS AND BE PRODUCTIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU HAVE TO USE LINUX AND TURN 10 HOURS OF WORK...

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST USE WINDOWS AND BE PRODUCTIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU HAVE TO USE LINUX AND TURN 10 HOURS OF WORK INTO 1 HOUR OF WORK AND 9 OF TROUBLESHOOTING THE OS AND WRITING SCRIPTS TO DO BASIC STUFF THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED OUT OF THE BOX!

Attached: 1531696130242.jpg (320x310, 38K)

I'm glad I never used Windows. The botnet never got me! Arrrgh. *dies*

Attached: deathbed.jpg (768x512, 52K)

That's why you shouldn't run Linux as a fucking desktop OS unless you're using Ubuntu or something. Using anything else is solely done because you want to tinker with it more and maybe learn about the specific distro you're using. Linux makes almost no practical sense to use for desktop unless you need something for free and know for a fact it won't be a handicap for what you're doing.

Attached: Mike.jpg (4800x6046, 3.26M)

Hey OP you sound like a smart and reasonable non-shill individual. Can you tell me a specific scenario of Linux troubleshooting that takes 9 hours?

Attached: 1525528596643.jpg (480x601, 47K)

>That's why you shouldn't run Linux as a fucking desktop OS unless you're using Ubuntu or something.
dunno why there's the unless, it's already the most popular desktop Linux by far

>three hours
maybe if you have a 2000rpm fucking hard drive

>install linux
>sound stops working
>go through massive google search expedition to fix the problem
>end up having to manually edit code
>only get headphones to work
>still cuts out every now and then, need to fiddle with the bios to make it work again

>9 hours
maybe if you're building Gentoo as your first GNU+Linux distro

FUCKING ZOOMER DEGENERATE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT BY CONFIGURING EMACS ONE IS PRACTICING A PROPER PROGRAMMING AND LEARN REAL-WORLD TECHNIQUES - DSLS, FIRST-CLASS FUNCTIONS, etc.

I use arch. Did I fall for the meme a little too hard?

No one's forcing you to use it though. Use what's easy for YOU and stop trying to fit in with the cool kids.

Installing Win10 LTSC is the true redpill.

Attached: image.jpg (1448x1892, 399K)

This is why I have two laptops. Dual booting is constantly sabotaged by Windows so it's best to let it live on its own device, which I fall back on when Linux is a fuck

Attached: q3TvnGn.jpg (695x638, 491K)

So, using linux will turn 10 hours if work into 1?

I once installed Linux and it froze and I froze and it took 6 hours.
So no.

This happened to me on Windows 10, the sound just cut out. I got it working after deleting and reinstalling the drivers, but only the second output works, and thanks to being impossible to edit Windows, the first output is never going to work again.

>You froze
Are you biologically linked to your computer?

Hello.
>10 HOURS OF WORK
Nobody does that except the wagecucks at Rockstar.
Bye.

Prolly using a FOSS heating control system in his home furnace.

Is that a Serial Experiments Lain reference?

>Windows, an OS only good for gayming
>Linux is the unproductive one
Wew lad

I would absolutely use Linux but it hates my bluetooth dongle and wifi antenna. Either one or both would randomly crap out. Windows jest werks in that regard

Honestly, I miss when mods deleted Wojaks on sight

If you spend 90% of your time on troubleshooting Linux, you're a braindead normie who should just stick with Windows or OSX.

Yes. Especially if you are a beginner. This is a little bit like saying "I wanted to try out windows but first I'm learning DOS." It's overkill and might not even help.