Are all GUIs bloat?

Attached: osxgui.png (620x349, 195K)

Yes.

No.

any kind of raster graphics is bloat. pixels waste light and energy when you're not displaying 100% red green and blue. there is no way to disable this

vectorial graphics ftw

No but a good portion of GUIs suck

Nice fucking tablet OS. A fucking foot!

>tablet OS
haha get it because it has le big buttons haha so tablet KDE users rise up

hundreds of hours of your life in memorizing and learning about cli utilities, their command arguments, scripting languages, system design, special snowflake keyboard mappings, endless tinkering with configs to use things like TUIs a.k.a. GUI-lite your special snowflake way is indeed not 'bloat', you can pretend all you do or desire out of a computer is batch processing anyway

>muh bloat
Jow Forums with their autistic memes are so silly

Let's translate this meme to cars:
Car interiors are bloat. You'd want to strip out as much as possible to reduce bloat. Pic related

Attached: stripped-interior-of-a-car-building-up-for-custom-mods-on-passenger-KHX5D9.jpg (1300x956, 210K)

It's perfect now

That mentality does have a place within certain confines, servers for instance.On a desktop computer though? Doubtful. Your analogy is a good one because it addresses the issue of comfort, and that's really all any of the squabbling on Jow Forums is about.

I still see bloat, under the windshield. And wooden or plastic chairs would be more lightweight and minimalistic.

Thanks. Agreed. And pic related is within the confines of a racing car, derby car racing. Pic related (looks like the Linux kernel, good use of duct tape).

Attached: FENDERBENDER-044.jpg (860x574, 286K)

It's fast.
It's lightweight.
And it's uncomertable. Not something you would use outside the racing track.

batteries in a milk crate in the passenger floorboard, if the driver rolls that car he will be getting fucked by those batteries

yeah, thats what i want 50 pounds of batteries and battery acid on top of me

Looks fine to me

Well technically It's lighter so you consume less fuel.
And it look good too.

I'd unnironicly use that if i could.

No, because a GUI is useful for 99% of users. Bloat is shit that's kept for little to no reason, like all the compatibility shit Windows forces everyone to have in order to run *some* Win95 software.

Launchpad and dashboard are bloat

GUIs, TUIs and CLIs all have their use.

>the Linux kernel
As opposed to the other Linux?

>Car interiors are bloat. You'd want to strip out as much as possible to reduce bloat
Unironically yeah. If your goal is performance and focus on your task, than reduce bloat is the first step

Attached: 2011-Ford-Fiesta-RS-World-Rally-Car-Cockpit-2-1920x1440.jpg (1920x1440, 615K)

if you have a keyboard, yes

How stupid are you that it takes hundreds of hours to learn some CLI tools for things you do frequently?

No, but all modern GUIs are.

Attached: 500004472-03-01.jpg (600x705, 151K)