How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 190214.Stax1_.jpg (657x620, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR STAX IS GAY

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: 4398C01E-CD36-4181-A7FD-4EBD066F45D0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

can you guys recommend me a good USB-C DAC Dongle to use with my phone? (sd845) Im currently using the generic dac that it cames with it, its a passive one, and I'm looking for a dongle with a DAC in it.

nextdrive spectra x

damn, im looking for something into the

will connecting my USB DAC/AMP to a thunderbolt dock instead of right into the laptop have a negative effect on audio quality?
am I retarded for even asking such a question?

based staxchads

Look previous thread
No and Yes.

>no and yes
thanks senpai, it's nice to be able to ask these questions anonymously

what would happen if you were to listen to a pair of stax during a peak of an acid trip? literal serotonin overload. the human body was not designed for this.

Attached: buy.jpg (532x396, 35K)

The same as music on normal headphones. Might feel a bit more real.

Looking for help lads:
>Budget
100€ - 150€ max
>Source
Who am I an expert
>Type of headphone
Over-ear closed headphone so that it may cancel as much noise as possible whilst studying
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
Who would ask for uncomfortable headphones?
>Sound signature
Bassy
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 579

Send help bois

you'll probably have an existential crisis realizing that in your finite time on this planet you decided to spend an absurd amount of your hard earned money on headphones that are not only flimsy and uncomfortable, but also have no bass

He works hard for his money lmao

just 14 posts and the seething nostax incel is already here

Attached: 0bec2e_440632.jpg (800x581, 132K)

imagine not owning stax

Imagine being a non-paid shill.
Have buttsex, degenerate.

Beyerdynamic DT-770

these are the people YOU choose to associate with

What's this sentence supposed to mean?

Have Stax

>tfw hpg has been overtaken by a chink working full time shilling chinkshit Stax to autistic weebs

worst general on 4chins

Attached: 3F950CAB-B48A-4594-B195-DF80558269EF.jpg (1100x722, 59K)

Working on a budget. Can anyone tell me if the sennheiser hd 4.40 bt are good??

Just how new are you?

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt.

They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/. They also leveraged STAX's prior Japanese identity to market it to weebs, using Youtubers like Zeos.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, Made in China snakeoil for the audiophool.

Attached: 1558822258287.jpg (600x508, 108K)

Where can I find a cute girlfriend like that one?

I know this is the headphone general but /apg/ isn't up right now.
Where the hell do I find good build quality desktop speakers? My Logitech ones have been constantly failing at the 3.5 jack. They're good speakers but holy fuck I've resoldered this little shit 5 times already

maybe learn to solder properly?

You're a bastard, mate, my soldering job is on par with the people who produced this jack at the very least. Just tell me what a decent set of desktop speakers is. I was looking at the Klipsch ones, in American it's $300 for them, but of course living in Canada boosts that up to $600, complimentary of shipping fees and currency differences.

I'd only spend around 300. Canadian.

Old regulars know that you're a bunch of chink shills.
You're a retard and kiplisch is dogshit.

Stop being a fucking baby and contribute in some feasible way, mongo

the nostaxer has lost it prepare for the usual mad cope threads like "itt tech that only virgins use"

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Klipsch are good. Don't listen to that fag.

LMAO he’s really off the rails today

being a nostaxer incel must be exhausting, imagine trying to come up with new ways that the perfect headphones aren't perfect all day every day

You can't post that and then say I lost it. Hate the retard that does those other threads btw. He has shit taste an probably unironicallly uses the word incel.
You can't have nobass phones and say they are perfect.
Kiplisch is shit under 800$ faggot. It's literally chinkshit. Might as well get high grade chinkshit.

I bought some god tier linn speakers at an auction, look for used stuff in unusual places if you want real quality real cheap

Oh shit, that's a fair point. I do live in a town with monthly yard sale events and I've found some pretty swanky stuff for cheap before. Thanks for reminding me not to be an idiot mate

have stax

ased Staxnake oil redpiller.

Stax Chinks have nothing in their script to respond.

I hope you're being serious because you really can find great used audio equipment at random places. especially with all the failed DJs all over the place and boomers wasting their money getting rid of their old gear. I'm also a leafcuck and have to deal with our gay high prices.

Imagine being such a retard that you can't fucking solder a 3.5, consider buying kiplisch and not even have the concept of yard sales cross your mind.

>no bass
>chinkshit build quality
>channel imbalances so common that the proprietary meme amps need to split the volume control into two channels so you have to adjust each
>only excels in music without any low end, you're stuck listening to Flute sonata and anime girl sheieking
>perfect headphones

Sure thing chink

Attached: 1558881802550.png (1662x645, 553K)

What’s upon your head this morning, user?

Attached: 638E35D2-7270-4B94-89EB-DB7E699421F2.jpg (2688x4032, 1.98M)

Calm down bud
Yeah mate, I just always come to Jow Forums to ask stupid questions before even thinking about them. Kind of a flaw but whatever

yea also speakers are particularly good buying used as well since speakers from the 70s-90s can actually be pretty great in their own way, unlike headphones from then which mostly sucked and weren't popular to buy high quality until pretty recently. also headphones kinda suck used since you put them on your body. I got a nice linn receiver and amp as well. they aren't as detailed as my [redacted] headphones but they're great overall. I always keep an eye out for new audio gear when I see any kind of non-audio store second hand purchasing venue (audio stores know what they have), like yard sales or auctions.

>Budget
less than $300
>Source
n/a
>Type of headphone
over or on-ear
>Open or closed
Preferably open, but closed works too. I'm only gonna be using these while I'm at home so would there be a difference between open and closed?
>Comfort level
comfy I suppose
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
Audio Technica ATH-CLR100iS

stax

Listening to Stax

Attached: 3FF4E342-0850-4865-B78C-7BB75044411B.jpg (4032x2921, 2.04M)

>watching a literal incel on youtube drooling over stax headphones
>anime wallpaper on the screen in front of him, as he's blasting high pitced anime music
>"mm yes, no need for bass when you only listen to weeb music" he says as he clicks his fingers to the beat
why do audiophiles always have such shit taste in music?

audiophiles don't like music they like audio hardware

Brainwaves HM5 ?

no shitphones

I bought these (panasonic rp hd605n) and I'm super satisfied.
It doesn't have "artifical" bass like Bose QuietComfort 35 and has sound clarity/sound stage of WH-1000XM3, it's like the mix of those two.

Attached: panasonic_rp_hd605n_t_hd605n_premium_hi_res_wireless_1541781336000_1442275[1].jpg (500x500, 35K)

my condolences

HD58X

Attached: hd414x.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

Take the stax pill

based staxchad nice dubs

:o)

Attached: hd598.png (720x1280, 1.32M)

Panasonic is a good normie brand. Much better than Sony at this price point. It's perfectly fine.
>Roland
ultra based

What do you listen to on that piece of shit?

I want to post my setup but I'm too self conscious and worried people will figure out other posts that I've made based on what I have

Not him,32ohm version? Why get this over ATH-M50?

Whatever I’m in the mood for, right now I’m listening to the newest from Earth.

Don’t worry user

Attached: 0BEDDD63-06EE-45A8-BC34-23D1BA3FA082.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

Any guide on wireless headphones? Couldn't find one

Because the M50 is shit and doesn't isolate nearly as much. M50is much more portable though.
If you don't have an amp take the lowest ohm version.

We don't recommend Bluetooth headphones here. They are all shit. If you really want Bluetooth ask over at >>>/csg/ so that at least you don't get fucked out of your money.

I'm gonna try to not make any identifying posts for a few weeks then post my setup

Thanks mate.

Attached: -637584664116382965.jpg (800x800, 91K)

I just want to listen to my shit on the subway, nothing fancy
Why is that not allowed

any others, I can't find any in stock.

bluetooth is still garbage on the subway

They are from massdrop only.
DT880, but they are rather high on the treble.

what about sennheiser hd 598, or ath-m50x?

The m50x are not neutral and the 58x is superior to the 598 except for soundstage, but if you dont have access to massdrop its a good second choice. Where are you from anyway? Massdrop shippes 58xs on the eu now.

Then get good in ears

>>>/Iemg/

>why do audiophiles always have such shit taste in music?
that's some nice projection nostaxer
how about you share what you listen to so we can all have a good laugh?

canada, I'll take a look at those beyers, should I go for the 250 ohm version? Also, I don't see any retailers selling mass drop

Pharoah Sanders

Just go to drop.com and see if they ship to canada.
You might need an amp to drive the 250ohm version to high volumes, the 80ohm version is safer.

I was afraid of that, the 32 ohm version is over my budget. I just checked, the 58x only ships in Europe. Is the 6xx similar?

user, you know the rules, trolling is not allowed outside of /b/.

I personally wont consider the 6xx neutral, its a dark pair of headphones.

Was just listening to Pharoah with Sonny, and some Rahsaan

Attached: AB563377-AF5E-429B-AE5E-C93DEAE52114.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

What one can't say he enjoys Sanders's Africa in this general ?

Nice

What's the best headphone under $1000 if I listen mostly to 70s Rock, Hip hop and EDM? I don't care about jazz and audiophile music, I want something that can bump.

Buy Stax

Tried these out in real life and... Actually wsd surprisingly pleased by them. Convince me not to get them. They're far from flat but I guess that's rhe point. They're like the best "fun" headphones I've tried.

Attached: 144348-headphones-review-nuraphones-image2-i6vewswfri.jpg (970x647, 83K)

Worst recommendation you could possibly make for a hip-hop fag.
TH900
You seem already convinced. It shit without the app and something like a DT770 Will outperform it. Your choice.

I'm at a loss, what about the dt990, or hifi sundara?

Stax 3100

Attached: 939157AA-39F9-4D39-9093-5077333BFA8B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

You all can take your STAX and shove it up your arses!

>Stax

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

Sundaras is neutral if a bit bass shy. It's HiFiMAN though so be wary of shit QC.
990 is neutralish but the highs are quite pronounced. Makes it perfect for gaming though.

nope
404 and SRM-006t

I can’t remember what I paid for my 404 nor 006t but petty sure it was over 1000 all together.

Attached: 256CC618-7D35-411D-9C9E-491F0EE04E1D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

I like Headphones too but it isnt my main listening medium like some fucking bugman.

Get some speakers and grow up for god sakes.

Attached: 1558299399302.jpg (1024x996, 72K)