Attached: download.jpg (206x245, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sFhc951RhfI
youtu.be/S8H0dkL8Pro
youtube.com/watch?v=x19sIltR0qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOOOOOOOOO STOP KVETCHING GOY
NSHITTIA DID NOTHING WRONG

Attached: 1500260377912.jpg (638x710, 96K)

Too bad this our only option for high-end graphics card. AMD needs to step their game up.

I'm an AMD fanboy, and even I've got to say that video isn't fair, nvidia wants you to use 1080p, playing it at 4k and calling it shit is pretty fucking lame.

>NVIDIA's $1200 Flagship GPU vs 22 Year Old Game
It's not a 22 year old game. it's a modern game using highly advance graphical rendering technology in a 22 year old skin. This game is in fact more graphically intensive than most RTX enabled games like metro exodus or battlefield v, because it is fully ray-traced.

the ability for the rtx 2080 ti to run a fully ray traced game at 4k res is a true testament to its power, the intellectual dishonest context of the video aside. a sli 1080ti setup would most likely literally crash upon setup.

and then there's the video card's benchmarks in modern games with partial ray tracing (the only form in which ray tracing exists in all other rtx enabled titles), rtx at lowered settings (which can literally look not much different from rtx set to ultra but with profound increase towards performance), and rtx off.

so poorfaggotry bitterness and anti-nvidia shilling aside, the rtx 2080 ti has objectively lived up to its expectations and its price is justified due to its superiority over any other video card on the market.

Attached: 1559756780398.jpg (532x396, 37K)

kek

Attached: Satania.jpg (474x372, 27K)

>But can it run Quake 2

Attached: vimtardsparadise.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Yeah, I dunno how this faggot missed that. You can't compare some shitty RTX effects sprinkled here and there and compare it to a fully raytraced game. Having said that, his general thesis is correct. These cards are being sold on the basis of RTX but all they can do at a reasonable frame-rate is shitty little raytracing sections that are little better than just baking in the lighting. The whole marketing push behind buying these things is a fucking meme.

>2018 Battlefield "Ray Tracing"
>60fps
>1997 Quake Ray Tracing
>19fps
there's your "rtx" shit.
>it can do ray tracing
>how so?
>it says it on the box.

Attached: Tarn_Adams.jpg (727x863, 184K)

novidia gpus don't do ray tracing.
they do some approximations on each ray and the use de-noising algorithms to fix the rendered image.

Yeah, no shit, it's still raytracing, just at an absurdly low sample rate.

"Less than one frame per second per year".

I wouldn't call this ray tracing.
it's like calculating 2+2=5 and claim that this is addition.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08_19-12-27.png (1405x754, 1.36M)

youtube.com/watch?v=sFhc951RhfI

It seems fine on this video.

...However:
youtu.be/S8H0dkL8Pro

Attached: Smug Nvidia CEO Tatoo.jpg (474x476, 21K)

>These cards are being sold on the basis of RTX but all they can do at a reasonable frame-rate is shitty little raytracing
>The whole marketing push behind buying these things is a fucking meme.

don't be so melodramatic. you're still buying a card that performs significantly better than the most high end card of the last generation. it makes 4k non-rtx gaming and rtx enabled 1440p gaming enjoyable

of course, this only applies if you've a 2080 ti

>it's like calculating 2+2=5 and claim that this is addition.

i never want to experience what just occurred in your head to make you type this as an unironic response to anything.

Attached: 1559679438458.jpg (632x632, 69K)

>nvidia REMAKES an old demo
>OFFERS you the ability to play at 4k
>but nvidia say play it on 1080p

kek

>It seems fine on this video.
ohh, le't see
he uses a less powerful gpu. He doesn't talk about the resolution or the settings, yet "it seems fine".
Pascal Gilcher has a quake1 with Real Ray Tracing and it runs 50fps at 1440p.
but hey, he doesn't cut corners with approximating results and fixing/upscaling the image.

novidia's ray tracing falls in the same category where old fashioned light falls, which is simulating everything.

>less than 1 fps per year since the game has been released

2+2=5 is the way novidia's ray tracing is calculated.
with 80 iq, you won't experience what goes through my head.

stats at the end

1080p > 80fps
1440p > 54fps
4k > 22fps

It's stupid clickbaity youtubers all over again. Nothing to see here

>5000 shaders
>1080p

Ray tracing doesn't even look better than conventional lighting techniques

I can't tell what's worse. The GPU, or the aiming skills of the youtuber

Attached: arnie.jpg (768x1024, 114K)

It's not raytraced. It's pathtraced. Path traced is the brute force brother of raytracing. Raytracing is actually meant to be discrete

Just finished the game, took me 20 minutes.
I use an RTX 2080 at 1080p and I got about 70 FPS.
It looked really meh. The lighting was smooth and comfy, but not "wow".
I forgot it was an RTX game after 5 minutes and I don't feel like it added anything but slow framerates (I have a 144 FPS monitor but didn't even get half of that framerate)

>RAYTRACING DOESN'T MATTER REEEEEE
>amdfags 2019

Absolutely pathetic

it's so sad. mindblowing raytracing technology exists and the tech circles have become so overwhelmed by normies that nobody appreciates how huge of a breakthrough it is. judging this demo by how it looks is some retarded normie tier shit. it's not about making a beautiful demo, it's about showing off something that has never been possible at this level until now. raytracing isn't going to surpass carefully planned baked shadows in looks for quite a while, instead it's doing a technical marvel. but normies are too stupid to understand that.

like all good things raytracing is wasted on normies.

>isn't going to surpass carefully planned baked shadows in looks
It already has. Ambient occlusion was not originally designed to be realistic, it was purely for artistic reasons. To make things "pop" in movies, increase contrast.

You can argue that it's a style vs realism thing but baked shadows in 2019 almost all include AO. It's not real

>I'm an AMD fanboy
why do you sound like a novidia marketing representative.

>A TWHENEY TOO YEAR OLD GAYM
Hard to watch a video of this -10iq guy desu.

>flagship gpu
Isn't that the $2500 Titan RTX?

I'm an nvidiot, faggot

Should they lock out higher resolutions?

>look at all those games supporting ray tracing

oh wait

if he used the titan and got 21fps, you'd be here complaining that the titan is a semi-pro card not meant for gaymen.

Probably not, I think his video is dumb.

>d-don't make games that are too intensive for my hardware to run

>1080 recommended
>4K used
>clickbait skub thread

>video resolution goes up to 4k60fps
>gaymer can't talk, but can curse pretty good

lol gaymers are peniods, like he OP he's a moron for actually buying it

Attached: 1557077533895.jpg (400x549, 36K)

Trips of death

that youtuber is a faggot.
what I actually got from that video is that modern fully raytraced games are just 2-3x performance increase away, which is doable in the next 5 years.

But another thing to keep in mind is that in AMD GPUs they operate on having thousands of cores versus nvidia that uses way less core but running way faster. So what does this mean?

In a task load like Ray Tracing where you could scale it across millions of cores if you wanted to. An AMD GPU would work really well on its own without any special rtcores due to having small but plentiful cores.

Now I should say that you are right in the sense that this demo is not light in any sense of the matter, this is fully ray traced game running at a playable fps. If you where to take it back 20 years ago it would be one frame a day. Just wanted to say that AMD can probably do Ray tracing too

he literally has a 2080ti and is running a demo nvidia released to showcase their tech

how is he dumb?

>20 year old game is too intensive for $1200 modern GPU

because he's using 4k for gaming when in blind testing there's no perceivable difference to 1080p gaming

I'd like to see a modern computer render a 20 year old movie... like toy story in real time.

such a stupid fucking gimmick who gives a fuck
if you need realistic light diffusion on your real time horse testicle physics you are a tumour on the games industry and should fucking neck yourself

what a fucking meme technology
>hurr durr the science of this is truly astounding
your normie tier consumer does not give a fuck. nvidiots get scammed

Continuing to think of this, I do think it could have interesting uses. Underwater environments come to mind, with realistic lighting changes depending on depth. It makes me think of Skyrim, where it would actually make me consider using a Khajiit for nightvision, and then I'd actually have a use for waterbreathing potions or enchantments rather than just picking Argonian and being set for the rest of my run. Seeing as that could actually influence gameplay /and/ increase immersion (ohohoo), that's pretty fucking neato. I don't give a shit how cinematic it makes caves look though, because I will just turn up the damn brightness so I can see what I'm doing

You're a fucking peabrained moron. The 2080ti has more raw compute power than the VII. The 2080ti, like all of nvidia's GPUs overclock on top of the boost while nvidia's numbers are based on stock. So in real world the 2080ti has more computer throughput than the VII. Despite this the RT cores have TEN TIMES the throughput of the 2080ti's CUDA cores. In no world does AMD stand a chance when their top GPU is still slower in raw compute than nvidia's top gpu

We kinda forgot about optimization.

Right now RTX uses 1 ray per pixel, right? Imagine how much nicer it'd look if Nvidia could double the RT cores. I don't think it'll ever happen but it'd be awesome.

I hate Nvidia but this guy is retarded, comparing it to BF5 which does 1 tiny ray effect compared to this fully traced game.
The point is to show the visual effects possible in the future, the current RTX lineup is a tech demo.

If the asset quality had matched lighting quality then he wouldn't have complained.

It isn't full pathtracing, even if it were it is very low density rays.

the issue is that this shows that ray tracing just isn't there yet - sure, real time ray tracing quake 2 is impressive, but if a 2080Ti can't handle quake 2 at 4k, it can't really handle any modern applications of the technology anyway.

It's physx all over again - invidia introduces a technology and charges an arm and a leg for it, and it's not for 2-3 generations of cards that it is actually usable

Just don't fall for the meme

so he should not follow nvidia's statement and just shit on the resolution just because nvidia literally fucked this up ?

>hey look we released a 22 years old demo with dxr shell path on it
>WE ALSO give you the ability to play it at 4k
>BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY IT AT 4K because our perfomance on our most expensive card is fucking hilarious

10/10

radeon pro ssg renders 8k content in real time in case you forgot

you know i find it hilarious how devs nowdays dont bother to actually develop their AAA games
and what most people call a scam of a game actually fucking has better graphics than anything out there

Attached: SC-3.5_20190424_230126_satellite-crash-site_f.jpg (3840x2160, 1.12M)

both of them are using a single ray tracing path because thats all nvidia can do in real time

a proper ray tracing needs at least 10.000 rays to be even begint to call it photorealistic

should they have hard capped it at 1080p?

obviouFUCKINGsly people would have complain about it as they always do but not like this

if you arent prepared then dont fucking release it

give me the run down on star citizen why is it a scam

>at 4k

What the fuck was he expecting?

bullshit reasons
1) being in development for 6 years
2)constantly fundraising
3)not giving content fast enough

bla bla
basicly they started with 15 people as a team and at the end of 2018 he has i think 70 which for such a project is hilariously low but ok we have a lot of shit to play with (relatively speaking )

They are selling virtual ships at hundreds/thousands a pop for an early access/wip game and people eat that shit up

nobody is forcing you to buy their expensive ships considering you can get them in game with in game money now do they

I have a dumb question

Can you use the RT cores with cuda for better performance in compute applications? or is it only used for dumb raytracing shit?

true, you would need to be in the single digits to ever experience the barren wasteland of thoughtlessness that is your reality

rt uses dense matrix math
well dxr uses dense matrix math normally a ray tracing requires x4 this roughly

nvidia currently has only a single set of cores that can do dense math calculations
tensor cores
rt cores are just rebranded tensor cores and nothing else

Their rasterization architecture is by far the best for gaming though so you kinda need to fall for the meme.

but ray traced q2 been around for ages and ran okay?

>ran okay

Uh no. Take a look at the original version.

youtube.com/watch?v=x19sIltR0qU

This was on a Titan XP and it couldn't even push anything past 720p.

Granted, Q2VKPT, the version before Nvidia made Quake II RTX and after this version, ran much better and could do everything okay at 1080p due to use of Vulkan and optimized code to use RT cores to speed up the path trace.

Wait what? I thought rt cores exist alongside tensor cores?

>Retards defending Nvidia.

Attached: middle finger.webm (1280x720, 467K)

thats bullshit and everybody knows it
there is not a single justification to introduce a new set of cores when you have already cores that do the same job
and given that this is nvidia and they are cheap whores in general errr you get the idea

You forgot the obvious
>lets see AMD flagship card run the same game with ray tracing on.
But of course they wont.

Attached: 1374257780288.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Even Radeon VII probably has better RT than 2080

the one thing that separates ray tracing, with anything else, is precision vs simulation.
What novidia did is an extended simulation claiming that it's the natural way of calculating light projection.
I don't know who's single digits or not, but according to my computer graphics books, simulating light and then applying filters on the rendered image, is not ray tracing.

Ray Tracing is all about FLOPS.... and we know that novidia can't do.

Also, ray tracing is not a patented gimmicky way of faking effects to put it into gameworks and optimize it for your platform. They tried, but they failed.

>this is the guy OP posted
people who actually unironically agree with the video should be shot. He's just some fat fucking clickbaiter

Attached: 1543647758299.png (1218x533, 870K)

>clickbaiter
a meme word, on youtube it's literally your fucking job to make people want to click on your video

>people who actually unironically agree with the video should be shot

let's see
>novidia spends the last 12 months talking about revolutionizing gaymen with "ray tracing"
>novidia "optimizes" 22 year old game with ray tracing for their gpu "technology"
>guy runs it on his $1200 novidia gpu and 4k monitor
>fps are bellow 20fps, even when the game doesn't run ray tracing and still needs denoising filters
so, *SMACKS GAMEWORKS*, you be sayin' that 19fps is not something you have to agree... because it hurts you feefee?
I think that novidia marketing can do more than that "actually unironically".

Attached: gandalfi.jpg (620x388, 47K)

based low iq poster

It's a first gen RTX card. Anybody who buys it is fucking retarded anyways. Why would you buy it and expect it to run a tech demo at 4K at 60fps?
>samsung hypes up folding technology
>1st gen phone flops
>iphone hypes up iphone X
>first gen iPhone X is a piece of shit

Attached: 1536609348960.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Defend your investment, kike.

The sheer desperation of AMD shills after the Navi disaster is hilarious.

>Next time, boys!

True, and if there's 1 thing the AMD GPU division knows how to produce, it's flops.

>both of them are using a single ray tracing path because thats all nvidia can do in real time

No, they don't. Nvidia broke down their ray tracing into 3 "parts" that devs can use. Shadows, Reflections and Lighting. Tomb Raider used Shadows, Metro used Lighting and Battlefield used Reflections. this is why each game was wildly different in how badly it was affected by the early performance issues (BF was unplayable, Tomb Raider was fine). Quake 2 demo is doing all 3 at once. Each dev has put out videos on this shit, try researching before you speak.

Still better raytracing than nshittia

19fps isn't bad for ray tracing, you know. still, fuck nvidia

What's bad is that it turns a dark and creepy alien environment into a clean and bright airport terminal

Attached: Screenshot (149).jpg (2560x2880, 949K)

I saw a video where they changed the skybox. You can still use the original one but for some reason they use this shitty one to show off.

Based and accurate. His numbers also show that performance scales linearly with the number of pixels in the image. 80fps at 1080p and 22fps (4x lower) at 4k (4x more pixels).

That's a man, baby

Attached: 1558190562849.jpg (799x889, 89K)

>raytracing isn't going to surpass carefully planned baked shadows in looks for quite a while
Except for maybe the Mirror's Edge games, it already has.

Who is this?