Untitled

Attached: 1535350564508.png (779x862, 295K)

Graphics do not matter.
Some of the best memories I have were from playing The Wind Waker on a ~20" CRT. I printed out my own maps and made notes on them and everything.
And that was running at what, 640x480 or something?

If the game is good enough your mind makes it real.
Graphics aren't what you remember from a good game years later, interesting gameplay and good storywriting are.

>opportunity cost

Attached: D4QyRLeU4AAyeBc.jpg (1069x1169, 176K)

I want to be a good goy and get one of these.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9KLzcvODEzMjgzL29yaWdpbmFsL2dpZ2FieXRlLTIwODAtdGktY292ZXIuanBn (560x315, 21K)

same. The second i got a job, upgraded my pc, to 1080p ~100-144fps I stopped appreciating it and just started chasing 144fps constant.

I used to be more than happy in 480p at 23-30fps

I'm waiting for the 3070, motherfucker.

kv-what
Speak human.

>those ears
That big cat is a CIA nigger

I still use a GTX680 on the same memetastic 120hz alienware 1080p monitor from 2012 for that reason. There's no reason to upgrade, graphics havent improved enough and MUH FRAMES is irrelevant because you can just turn down some of the overblown lighting effects and get a smooth 60fps.

>He doesn't play with Ultra settings

are you saying jews aren't human you antisemite

>opportunity cost
Holy shit this fucking nigger

Attached: 1557699823601.jpg (255x291, 16K)

Attached: 1500647453955.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Inflated prices like that is the result of no competition.
AMD's offerings at the time weren't able to compete with the 2070 and 2080, so if you wanted that level of performance, you had to buy Nvidia, and pay whatever they wanted.
Even now, the situation is still not good, sine the Radeon 7 is not top of the pack, and costs more than the 980ti did at launch.

is right though. I see Vega 64s selling for $300 or less on eBay, and GTX 1080s for $330 or so. Not really much of a reason to spend 2x on an RTX 2080 or 3x on a 2080Ti, for what is really just marginal improvement.

poorfag cope

The difference between high and ultra settings is so unnoticeable that the only real benefit is e-peen swinging online.

Spendthrift cope.

Not sugoi.

Attached: opportunities.png (1699x1708, 2.58M)

Half the time you can't even tell. Games are so poorly built now with ultra-settings as an afterthought that switching one or two settings onto medium is imperceptible.

this reeks of shilling

"just buy it"

"why wont you buy it guys"

"rtx is worth the premium"

meanwhile, nvidia are massively down in the klast quarter because no one is buying or needs ray tracing gpus atm

>Graphics has meet a ceiling in what a studio can produce while still making a profit
>Newest gen of Nvidia cards cost the same as my entire PC when i bought it new (And it can still play newer AAA games on medium)
I hope nvidia lays of non essential personnel like intel is going to have to
Cut the people who were hired from nepotism

That's so appropriate

Have been wanting to update cpu/gpu from i5 6600 and r9 390 since quad core and portable heater. Downloaded bf5 last night and ran it on medium no problems and it looked fine.
If you upgrade more than every 4/5 years you're either a rich fuck or a walking meme

Monopolies are government's fault.

>Inflated prices like that is the result of no competition.

Intel being allowed by the Jewnited States for decades to undermine AMD made AMD unable to spend on research. Nice try.

Fug, that nostalgia trigger. Such fond memories of playing The Wind Waker on my small CRT on a Sunday morning into the early afternoon as a 13/14yo, taking breaks every so often to eat some pic rel. ;__;

Attached: Chinois-fournée-doré.jpg (1500x1500, 192K)

i want to nakadashi a serval

lewd

Do you happen to wear a hat and a backpack right now?

>the opportunity cost of sticking with old technology is higher
How so?

With an old card, you are forced to reduce shaders that give trash cans their proper anisotropic metal reflections.
You'll sit on your couch as an old withered man, filled with regret, staring at the wall and think "The sheen on those trashcans was 20% more dull than it should have been, and I ...I could have changed it. I could have taken money from my 401k to fully enjoy those trashcans while I still had hair."

The opportunity is gone. You wasted your youth. You can't afford not to buy a 2080ti.

the 2070 was just priced the same as a 1080 but with better perf, so obviously i bought one

my desktop has a vega 64

grabbed a laptop with a ryzen 2500u for meme purposes.
Turns out that now that it has proper drivers, the integrated Vega 8 can pull off a lot more than I expected at 720, 900, and sometimes 1080p.

Even an RX 560 or a GTX 1050ti is far faster. I figured a lot of more expensive cards are pretty redundant and it'll be workable just to use something cheap and easily replaceable every gen.

I don't think you know what opportunity cost is. What is the dollar value of what I am giving up by using "old" hardware.

Attached: 1549311448402.png (1342x1899, 3.12M)

Attached: 1539473227189.png (2128x1504, 3.28M)

>And that was running at what, 640x480 or something?
Yeah.

as long as it can run touhou, it's more than good enough for me.

Attached: 1241728111847.png (128x252, 56K)

Gamers nexus takedown of this guy was fucking funny.

>Graphics do not matter.
Frame times and resolution do matter
T. Some of my best vidya memories at potato res/hz and ultra high 3k 100fps+
>Some of the best memories I have were from playing The Wind Waker on a ~20" CRT. I printed out my own maps and made notes on them and everything.
Figures your shit taste comes from having to put up with garbage nintediddler hardware
>And that was running at what, 640x480 or something?
At 5-20fps enjoy your head aches eye strain and shit Input lag
>If the game is good enough your mind makes it real.
Your mind also doesn't like having to repeatedly compensate for shit hardware
>Graphics aren't what you remember from a good game years later, interesting gameplay and good storywriting are.
And how are those elements conveyed? Via fucking VISUALS
Fuck this thread too unwatched saged and hidden what a dumb fuck op
T. Posted from my 2080ti

Amd came through with competition it just wasn't very good
Fury Vega navi and radeon 7nm sucked cock
Rdna looks meh and still has all the gcn bottlenecks even at 7nm
I'll wait until they move onto next gen arch before trying their cards again.
Sadly nvidia has no drivers still despite having better hardware imho turing software is a fucking mess

tfw bout to graduate after studying for 6 years and will finally get to play GTA 5

Framerate does matter for a lot of people now, almost as many as the people who care about "good looking" graphics and high res games.
If the card can't push more frames than the competitor then it's just not an option for a chunk of the market.

This. I'm a zoomer so I never played it originally, but I went and recently played morrowind vanilla, with no mods or anything, and it was a total blast. You really pay attention to the graphics just at the start, but all that really matters after a few hours is the gameplay once you get used to it. All graphics will age poorly, unless they're highly stylized like tf2 or windwaker, but at that point you don't need a fantastic gpu for that sort of thing.

Sorry to hear your GPU's aren't selling too well mister Huang.

r/woosh

well hes a kike, so..

>Jow Forums
Kys
Sorry to hear you can't afford the fastest gpu on the market
U don't even use rtx either

Titan rtx is better than your 2080 ti poorfag

I picked up a gtx 1070 for $250

Anyone that pays over $300 for a midrange GPU is a fuckhead. RTX 2060 should be $299 and RTX 2070 $399.

>Some of the best memories I have were from playing The Wind Waker on a ~20" CRT.
The good ol' days :')

>I am defined only by my consumerism
I bet you are an awful prick to be around. Gas yourself.