Just how intensive is Photoshop and Premiere Pro for 1080p 60fps image and video editing (Windows 10)...

Just how intensive is Photoshop and Premiere Pro for 1080p 60fps image and video editing (Windows 10)? Do I need an i5 or does an i3 do the job? Is 8 gigs of RAM enough? Enlighten me please.

Attached: adobe.jpg (780x439, 19K)

i5 661 with 4 GB of RAM here. Photoshop works just fine. After Effects works OK unless I have other programs open. Vegas works like shit, but it's Vegas. Haven't tried Premiere for 10 years, but I assume it'd be similar to AE.

What about an i3 7020U?

depends more on how much you can tolerate slow UI and long renders

I can tolerate it well. I don’t mind it being a bit slow but I want it to get the job done and not get stuck. How long would it take to render a 10 minute video at 1080p 60fps with an i3?

not sure on specifics but it shouldn't be excessively long and with 8 gigs of ram you won't be crashing or anything
photoshop is easy enough to run on any modern computer btw

On my i5-4570 and 8GB of RAM Photoshop is kinda slow sometimes if I'm tabbing out frequently. Premiere is fine in that regard, but crashing with large projects seems to be a relatively common problem. I've found any problems worth putting up with for how much nicer to use they are compared to GIMP or Vegas, although I think Vegas might be better for more complex edits and I've been thinking about giving it another go
Also, aren't render times GPU dependent? Either way, they aren't a flat rate. A static image with one audio track will go faster than multiple layers of video and audio with a bunch of effects

>shouldn't be excessively long
>Also, aren't render times GPU dependent?
Gpu rendering is to be used for draft pieces and streaming only. It’s garbage compared to full software rendering which you should be using for any serious project.

16GB will be better, video rendering will eat memory like no other workload you have.

honestly if you have an SSD hitting the page file a little bit isn't a huge disaster

disable intel speed step in bios and you will be fine

I will add that PS is always slow on startup, and this has not changed at all since moving to Win10 on an SSD. It evens out pretty quickly, though

Y would you ever disable speed step?

Modern i3 = i5 non hex

Why do you mean by modern i3=i5 non hex?

Newest gen of i5 have 6 real cores and the newest i3 have 4 cores. It used to be that i5s all had 4 cores.

And i3 had 2 cores

>60fps image editing
You must work pretty fast with Photoshop.

it depends what you do with them but 8GB of ram is pushing it
pic related is my 4 years old laptop with nothing but photoshop and browser right now and it's not even particularly intensive thing I'm doing either
don't be too cheap if you plan to actually work on this machine

Attached: photoshop.jpg (681x461, 75K)

avoid adobe spyware at all cost

impossible if you work in the industry

bot ps and premiere are lightweight: any 10 years old pc would do. after effects, in the other hand, it's pretty much useless if you haven't got a decent machine with hardware acceleration supported

You can't do ram calculations like that. Programs will take whatever RAM you have. But I agree that 8 gb is not ideal for PS, 16 should be minimum.

Why do people overestimate RAM like that? I swear to god I have an old computer that has 3 gigs of memory and I never have any problems running multiple programs like PS, premiere and chrome AND a game at once. Same goes for PSU wattage (400w is more than enough). My wisdom taught me that people always overestimate and exaggerate things.

nigga I used to have 24 gb and had to upgrade to 32 recently because I actually ran out of memory a bunch of times when working on heavy projects
it's better to have some unused ram for 95% of the time than run out of it in the other 5%

because win10 ltsc crushes randomly while its enabled but never give me any problem with it disabled

Bump

I use an 8350 paired with a GTX 980 and they both work fine for simple stuff. Photoshop is dream for simple image manipulation and premiere works decent enough if you fiddle with some of the rendering settings. I wouldn't use my current PC for more intensive editing though.