Why do modern display technology manufacturers push for otherwordly color vivacity instead of more natural looking...

Why do modern display technology manufacturers push for otherwordly color vivacity instead of more natural looking color accuracy? It has been particularly common as of lately, especially since the advent of HDR technology on modern commercial TVs.

Attached: hdr-saturation.jpg (1200x900, 75K)

Because the graphics in Real Life suck. Gameplay and microtransactions are shit, too

kids like colors. also a world of mirrors edge 1-esque aesthetics would be awesome, but we instead need to surround ourselves with drab browns, tans, greens, etc

it's the loudness war but in vision

normies are fucking stupid shit and make everything worse. same reason why TVs still have overscan, because when comparing two TVs in a store, dumb normies like the one with the "bigger" picture.

The women are aight tho.

I wouldn't say that oversaturated colors look better than more morbid, natural looking ones. They can be very offputting in certain movies.

I made the mistake of buying an LG monitor one time, and I could see the fucking colors in the antialiasing pixels. It was retarded as Michael Obama's artificial stillborn

Hello nu-male reddit nigger

the panels are designed for a wider gamut but you aren't color managing correctly so instead you get bt 709 content stretched to dci p3
it's user error more than anything

if I wanted natural colors I would fucking go outside. I want my display to be better than real life

Wow, that's one hell of a stupid argument.

Right looks more realistic.

Left looks faded, blind fuck.

>The women are aight tho.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Fixed.png (1200x790, 1018K)

Because it looks nicer that way. Real life sucks.

Because it sells

The right one looks 10x better.
I don't know why you'd want to simulate color-blindless, autist.
Maybe go back to playing 7th gen Xbox shooter games.

Attached: comfy_day_marisa.png (921x614, 1.03M)

>The right one looks 10x better.
t. instagram thot

La nature est trop verte et mal éclairée

Attached: francois-boucher1.jpg (410x539, 209K)

You just got your answers.
There are kids in this thread that unironically don't think the right one is disgusting.
The average human will always prefer low quality flashy bullshit over decent taste.

None of these two images are reflective(heh) of irl scenery. These images don't do actual irl view justice. Even with the best cameras.

They don't? Most TVs and monitors come out with very good, but still not perfect, calibration. If you have a problem take it up with the content producers. They're the ones pushing saturation.

and

>shitty photographer telling people how things should look
ok