youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT or home server usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: ammo box yes.jpg (1024x768, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJlXqdFwKIk
youtube.com/watch?v=m33iSRq_XJ0
amazon.com/dp/B01LPNKFK0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_djb.Cb67J06DM
amazon.com/dp/B07JXCR263/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Zhb.Cb7HJGCRV
pcpartpicker.com/product/2nZFf7/aoc-cq32g1-315-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-cq32g1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that the nvidia shill unironically owns an i3 and his parents were raped and murdered by a Vega card, hence his relentless crusade against them.

Can anyone post benchmarks showing the Vega 56 beating the 2060?

>i'm so confused that i don't know whether i have an AMDildo or a righteous user up my butt

Not on average, but of course there are some games where the V56 can beat the 2060. An example would be WWZ from the previous thread

youtube.com/watch?v=fJlXqdFwKIk

aios are a meme prove me wrong

Shit, with numbers that close, Vega 56 will win in 2-3 years after Nvidia stops supporting first gen gay tracing cards while AMD continues supporting old shit like the 56.

So even with a bunch of AMD favoring games, the 2060 still comes out ahead of the V56 by slightly less than 10%? Good to know

Thanks friend

>AMD continues supporting old shit like the 56
Tell that to the Fury X owners

3400g when?
b550 when?
>I already have everything but motherboard and cpu for my new computer after almost a decade.
You have 1 chance AMD.

Anyone notice an x570 iTX board with 10GbE?

What is the best/what are some good 1440p 144hz monitors for around or ideally below ~€400?
Or is the €300-400 range the no-man's land where you don't get the cost effectiveness of something in the 100-200 range, nor the quality of something 500+? That's how it seems to me at the minute, but I don't want to spend too much on high-end monitors if mid-range models that don't cut corners exist, or waste twice as much money on a crappy 1440p rather than buy a good quality sub-€200 1080p model.
Thing is, I already have a PC easily capable of 1400p at 144hz, I just don't feel like spending half the cost of the PC on a monitor just for the peace of mind the brand name and high price tag will bring me that I haven't paid for false economy, or thrown away €400 trying to save €200 by not buying a monitor that does 1440p justice.

I'm looking at the following:
>XF270HUA for €460
>VG270UP for €420
>Dell S2719DGF for €420
If anyone has these or something similar I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions on what to go for.

Hello Jow Forums
I'm planning on building my first machine this summer I'm anxious to build it i don't care the specs and I'm not worried about having the absolute best that's out there,

How does this build look?

Attached: plox.png (1568x816, 107K)

So, how do I enable SATA A1 and A2 on an Asrock motherboard?

What is Jow Forums's top 5 B450 boards?

Hmm but Nvidia has better support for older cards

>intel

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what's wrong?

gr8 b8 m80

Attached: e9d[1].jpg (600x600, 18K)

user, stop falling for weak bait, cmon, it's so obvious...

That's a godlike build, sir.

Anyone know this? I know it has something to do with Asmedia drivers but I can't locate those.

i know girls are gonna love it

>32GB of RAM for a Celery

user...

>bought 8400 and 1070Ti 2 years ago
>there's still nothing today that can beat it in terms of value
what went wrong?

>b550 when?
Next year.

they know that people will screw it up and use b550 with 16 cores cpu

AsRock has a board with Thunderbolt, and that's the end of it. No ITX board I'm aware of with 10GB.

Attached: firefox_2019-06-08_21-32-36.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

>Celeron
If you were trolling us, you should've just bought an A8-9600 or something.

this board has 2.5gbit
youtube.com/watch?v=m33iSRq_XJ0

i just like the look of the mobo and i need just something to light up the RGB

>ammo box tower
that's fucking awesome idea also very portable, and if you ever find yourself drafted, you get to bring your battlestation with you
if somehow the case lid could double as a monitor stand, that would be the cherry on top

The thermals however...

This would be a really convenient place for my tower. I'm worried about the air flow. Can this placement cause higher temps? I have fans and air holes on top but as you can see if my tower stays like this there is like 2cm of space between them and the plank

Attached: image.jpg (2592x1936, 1.61M)

this will be my first build, what do you guys think. I already have an ssd which is not listed on te parts list and i am using a cooler master hyper 212 as a cpu cooler instead of the bundled ryzen one.

Attached: Screenshot (46).png (1077x513, 51K)

amazon.com/dp/B01LPNKFK0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_djb.Cb67J06DM
amazon.com/dp/B07JXCR263/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Zhb.Cb7HJGCRV

Where’s the catch?

What's really important is that you have the air intake unobstructed, which is what it looks like. If there's nowhere for hot air to go, you just might get a few toasty chips on your motherboard, not the end of the world. More than 50% of the case is exposed, so I think you're alright.

pls reapond

Attached: 1538397572528.jpg (754x1158, 85K)

I always just tell people that I'm running the Bulldozer: Housefire Edition, overclocked, on a 212 EVO. And my temps never get above 50 degrees celsius.
You SHOULD be fine with the same, honestly. If you're a bit worried, then buy literally anything from a brand called "Noctua".

faster RAM, at least 2933 mhz

Consider getting the Vega 56 for $50-$70 less and changing the PSU to a 650W 80+ Gold. Processor is good, but you could also use the money you saved not getting the 2060 on a 3600X to be released during July.

Yeah I like noctua, just curious what coolers people use with the 2600. I know the NH-d15 is the best, but if its overkill for my humble ryzen I'd rather get a lesser model

Again, considering it's fucking 20$ at most places, I'd recommend just grabbing a 212 EVO and trying it out. If you ACTUALLY hit a thermal wall somehow, guess what: you've got a backup cooler if your Noctua somehow fails.

How is the noise? I'm trying to make an extra quiet build

Building a small linux PC for work (no gayming) but needs to be capable of 4k/60hz video output. I checked Intel motherboards and they're all HDMI 1.4, are there no HDMI 2.0 capable ones? If I do need a video card just to get 4k/60hz what would you suggest?

I already said that my build doesn't top 50 degrees (even though I wanna push it farther; I fucking suck at overclocking), so my RPMs also don't go far above 1000. Let me put it this way: the case fan that I pilfered from an old Dell prebuilt is actually louder. My GPU usually sits at 0 RPM, but when I'm doing anything with it, it's ALSO way louder than the CPU. My RAID setup also makes more noise when it spins up.

i'm getting this when ryzen 3600 drops
pcpartpicker.com/product/2nZFf7/aoc-cq32g1-315-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-cq32g1

seems pretty good for the price

>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU
should've come into this general before ordering my build.

Attached: 1436767912372.png (368x368, 140K)

Check out the ASUS Tuf monitors when they launch
>27" 155Hz IPS with ELMB-sync
>27" 155Hz TN with ELMB-sync
>32" 144Hz VA with ELMB-sync

He's meming, by "wait" he means another 3 years by which time requirements will also have increasd

It literally moves the goalposts. In a few years there always will be something better that's overpriced because it's the best thing on the market.

>hes memeing
Just keep telling yourself that, 2080ti is the retard filter of this generation

If i 100% ignore price to performance ratio and i ONLY care about maximizing game performance, 9900KS will be a better choice than 3800X, right?

Probably.

I've seen people say that it's beyond worth the pricetag, others say it's only worth it at 4k, and others say it's hot garbage and that Nvidia is laughing all the way to the bank.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're running 1440p and only looking to get an uninterrupted 60fps+ for the next few years, is it a worthwhile investment?

That is basically the only think Intel banks on anymore. Yes, their industry leadership in the last like 10 years gave them a pretty sizeable IPC advantage. So basically any Intel chip above an i5 SHOULD game better than any Ryzen.
...but do you really JUST game? Don't you watch videos on YouTube or something at the same time? Don't you record gameplay occasionally? If that's the case, if you're EVER doing more than one thing at a time, then any Ryzen chip beats any Intel chip.

you can get better cases for a few extra dollars (CM, Fractal, Corsaire, TTake).

i would be concerned if you had a radiator up there to cool your cpu but this probably wont make a difference for you. pic is sort of related, its my case but i always runs with the slats closed and its still frosty.

Attached: rosewill-nighthawk-117-features-3.jpg (1070x813, 69K)

2080 would do that fine, 2080 ti is a 4K card.

why not push it further back so part of the top doesnt have the plank hovering over it?

Threadly reminder that the next-gen consoles are going to use 8core/16thread CPUs.
If you want to future proof your system buy a CPU with no less than 12 threads.

Attached: 1465570138335.gif (349x194, 1.03M)

>So basically any Intel chip above an i5 SHOULD game better than any Ryzen.
Lol
Games are moving away from single core perf.
>Pic related.
Though this pic is a bad example cause it's 4c/4t Vs 6c/12t. But it's a 1ghz clock difference aswell as a cheaper CPU.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08-15-15-39-957_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 347K)

my knowledge is pretty out of date. is 4x8GB ram faster for real world use than 2x16GB ram?

Haven't upgraded in almost 3 years. I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and maybe GPU.
Any suggestions Jow Forums?
> i5-4690k
> 1060gb sc

What's your budget?

There are other new games that show ryzen on all levels beating intel.
It's just now that game developers are bothering to actually code/optimise their games for ryzen.
Only reason why amd loses to intel in older games is this reason. Most of ryzens power isn't even being utilized or being utilized poorly.
This'll change cause consoles will be using a ryzen 6c/12t or even better

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08-15-14-31-144_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 365K)

if you're running a platform that supports quad-channel memory, 4x8 is faster since you have twice the bandwidth. if you're running a platform that supports dual-channel, 2x16 will most likely clock higher so that would be faster

ok thanks

>Haven't upgraded in almost 3 years. I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and maybe GPU.
>Any suggestions Jow Forums?
Don't

GAYMURZ RYZE UP

I forgot about DirectX 12, that's gonna make a dent, but still.
For anything but cherry-picked statistics, Intel beats AMD in gaming at the moment. And I'm saying that as someone who is a DIE-HARD AMD fan right now. My rig was (and still is) all AMD, even though those were the Bulldozer days. But I admit where they've failed.
Basically. Maybe you can bump that i5 up to something that your motherboard still supports, if you can get it for cheap, but a 1060 is fine.

>Intel beats AMD
Not anymore tho, in newer titles AMD beats Intel across-the-board

Ehh..... they're SAYING that, and Intel is firing back with their benchmarks (clearly doctored; no Meltdown mitigations and everything), so the jury's still out. The chips gotta drop before people claim that. If their IPC gains are as drastic as their claiming, then MAYBE AMD will be beating Intel in July.
But in June, Intel is winning.

Not until Zen 2 releases. Even then we have to see if the 15% IPC increase really would give them 40 Fps like in pic related. I hope so, at least for the 3900X even if overclocked

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-230011_Chrome.jpg (1800x1457, 694K)

how legit are the 5 dollar windows keys on ebay? will they "just work" with the ISO you get from windows.

I don't get this mentality. Linus made a video about this.
Even if it activates, and the watermark disappears and everything, you're STILL violating the terms of the license agreement because you're using it in a region it's not for. Microsoft prices Windows differently depending on what the demographic is willing to pay. They HAVE to lower the price in poorer countries.
So the question is: if you just want the watermark to disappear, and you don't care about the license agreements, why not just use Microsoft Toolkit or KMS38? Why bother?

tl;dr: yes it will "just werk", but you still wasted 5$.

Attached: 1328036157357.png (120x196, 27K)

Basically everything I've read is that you either buy a 2060 or a 2080, but neither of the 2070 or 2080ti are worth it. Both are marginally better (15% or less) than the lower priced card, but they are at least 40% more expensive.

2080 ti is "worth it" if it fits your needs, which is high performance 4K gaming.
2080 can run stuff at 4K, but not nearly as well.

lol fag

desu the fact that even the 2080ti wont play all games 4k at high frame rates makes it a no go imo, 1440p high refresh is the thinking mans way

same user

Any suggestions for a CPU upgrade, if the GPU is fine?
>budget: $200-450.

Maybe in the future, but i don't think there's any game that the 2080 ti can't hit at least 60 average at 4K/max on right now?
Obviously i agree about 1440p and such, but i'd say if someone wants 4K and has enough money to waste, 2080 ti would be worth getting.

Ryzen 3800X in july, absolutely.

But that would require a new motherboard, which pushes the price up.
After googling for 2 seconds, it seems people are recommending a used 4770K. I see it on Amazon for 200CDN, it's basically the same chip with multithreading.

True true, i wasn't considering that. But i'd still say to go for Zen 2.
3600X + a new mobo should fit into your budget fine and would completely btfo the old Intels that you were considering.

Here is this infographic in case anybody needs to make decisions on buying a GPU.
Please read it and apply to it prices that are available to you for the most accurate results.

Attached: prices and cards updated.jpg (2220x2516, 1.09M)

this. get the vii and overclock it. you'll reach 2080 ti perormance easily for 700$

So the 2080 is more than sufficient for 1440p 60+ fps performance? Even ultrawide?

I'm sure the 2080ti could do it better, but if i'm only looking to pull an uninterrupted 60fps on a 1440p ultrawide setup, it seems like the 2080ti is wild overkill. Like a cop pulling me over in an M1A1 Abrams.

I feel very stupid asking this, but do modern desktop mobos not have a wifi adapter? Do I really have to use ethernet or buy a separate adapter?
my board is a x470, asus

2080 Ti is 30% better than the 2080

Holy shill, what a joke. VII barely beats the 2070 and never beats the 2080 in benchmarks, you're a retard.

But like, you gotta fucking COMPLETELY re-assemble your rig, and maybe some peripherals that worked fine before won't work anymore. And also, if you've got a legit Windows license, that's not gonna work either after a mobo upgrade.
I get the idea, but I'd only recommend such drastic measures if his GPU was also outdated (like me: I'm running an R7 260X). If not, a drop-in replacement would net the biggest performance increase with the least hassle.

The VII matches the 2080, going blow for blow in titles. The problem is that it costs just as much and doesn't have any of the Nvidia tech in it.

yes, you are a novyda shill. imagine paying 1400$ while a 600$ card outperforms or equals you when you oc, undervolt and finetune it

Attached: Battlefield-V-FPS-3840x2160-DX12-Ultra.png (892x532, 80K)

>buy 2600
>get shipped a 2600X by mistake

A used 4790k is better and the best you can get for your socket
>t. Upgrading myself to that to old out.

Welp, you heard it from this dude: 4790K. Not sure what the price is, but this user recommends it.

Seems some shops just really want to get rid of it.

More like no alternative cooler aside from waterblocks. Fuck's sake that cooler design AMD, I had hopes considering how it looked but it's literal hot garbage. Honestly I kinda wish they had gone the 1660 route: only ship the GPU and let board partners figure out a PCB layout and appropriate cooling solution.

Attached: Raja Seal of Approuval.webm (444x250, 1.41M)

Is it safe to update to Win10 1903 with a Ryzen system?
Heard some nasty stuff with RAID controller not working and FreeSync not working properly or inactive and that USB ports might be running with 2.0 speeds.

What am I in for?

>but do modern desktop mobos not have a wifi adapter?
Some don't, but some do. Do your research, look at product pages, videos and so on. II have a WiFi PCI-E card... and I advise picking up a board with built-in WiFi: decent PCI-E WiFI cards for optical fibre tier speeds (around 500Mbps) cost a fortune, and most boards that include WiFi use such cards.

Honestly, if it's not rolling out for you, there's no reason to force the update unless you absolutely need a new feature that rolls out with the update.

>Honestly, if it's not rolling out for you, there's no reason to force the update unless you absolutely need a new feature that rolls out with the update.

Well I can see it on Windows Updates but I can "accept it" or let it be.
That's what I am seeing.