Audio/Home Theater general

Post your setups

Attached: 20190504_163511-2656x1494.jpg (2656x1494, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stereophile.com/content/klipsch-reference-premiere-rp-600m-loudspeaker-measurements
monoprice.com/product?p_id=37887
bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-series-dual-5-3-way-floorstanding-speaker-each-black/5926456.p?skuId=5926456
crutchfield.com/S-kOBrp504JcK/p_022HTR5240/Yamaha-HTR-5240.html
thrillingaudio.com/SpeakerCraft_MONITOR_One_BOOKSHELF_SPEAKERS_p/sc monitor one.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: center-for-ants.png (530x507, 488K)

not mime

Attached: 1537316749066.jpg (1124x1500, 461K)

Three Klipsch posts in a row, why not?

About to try some JBL Studio 530s though.

Attached: apt.png (1092x821, 1.42M)

>Studio 530
mine will arrive soon too

Can't believe they went back on sale, and at 299/pair! Hopefully they live up to the hype. I love the RP250fs, but they need a little more room to breathe, unsure where I'll repurpose them if I stick with the 530s.

a moderate lack of soundstage width, and some decreasing imaging focus, as my attention wavered from the left to right of the stage

slightly emphasized the leading edges of notes

projected music with considerably more force and impact, but within a narrower horizon line and a shallower field of focus

reduction in energy from 80 to 300Hz. The German Bach Soloists, and especially the cello, harpsichord, and organ, moved back in space and became less fully realized. Bass was strong and detailed down to about 60Hz, but definitely on the lean side

Klipsch emphasized odd-order harmonics, which made their sound feel punchy

a smaller but denser, quicker-revving energy into my room

less bottom-octave fullness and midrange color, but more tuneful fun and visceral excitement

woofers felt small

it lent an extremely slight, overdamped hardness to everything it reproduced, especially brasses and strings. Similarly, the leanness of its bottom octaves reduced my ability to enter the recording space. Obviously, each speaker's woofer had its own sound; I prefer the relaxed nature of treated-paper, full-range cone to Klipsch's harder cone

stereophile.com/content/klipsch-reference-premiere-rp-600m-loudspeaker-measurements

top rated for its price tier however

Attached: 319K600fig4.jpg (600x406, 68K)

>Kiplisch
Nice marentz though. Did you get it before the crazy price hike ?

>all that gayming shit.
Jow Forums isn't joking when they tell you to fuck off with your /v/eddit shit, you child. Kill yourself.

ok so its not just me who thinks marantzs experinced a extreme price hike in the last 5 years. When did models like 2226b's or 2215s start going for 200-400 hundred dollars

you can still find older models that are very good for less than $20

but not on ebay, what im saying is ebay/store prices have increased

When vinyl redditards caught up on it. What else could it be ?

i noticed a lot of vintage marantz in the background of tv's/commericals/movies

pic related was in a geico commercial

Attached: 45880663325_e843a29cff_k.jpg (2048x1536, 391K)

Weird. I always thought that pioneer recievers were the shit everyone had.

>that fuckin router

Attached: black_red_eyes.png (3200x1800, 45K)

>Nice marentz though
no room correction

yo quick question when it comes for DAC hook ups, is there any major difference between digital coaxial, optical, and USB.

Just buy a dsp module faggot.
Coax is bad because manufacturers cheap out on it optical is less susceptible to noise but is prone to jitter and USB is the exact inverse if it's plugged in a noisy source IE: a shitty computer's back USB port.
You can however uncouple the signal source from the power source with specialized cables or adapters making USB the best option. It is also the most versatile.

>Just buy a dsp module faggot.
>paying for one when it comes free with receivers

not a vintage marantz

you get much better deals and often better condition on craigslist; limited selection tho

You mean with shit recievers.

get this one monoprice.com/product?p_id=37887

Attached: audio measures.jpg (1062x2938, 795K)

its okay to go cheap with monoprice, but not okay to go expensive

that's a rebadged $10k datasat unit

Price doesn't mean shit in audio.

B&W DM-310, Mitsubishi M-S5371, Technics SU-V78 amp, Kenwood Basic C1 preamp

Attached: bst speakers.jpg (2656x1494, 953K)

Maybe you Jow Forumsents can assist me with some suggestions: I'm in search of a DAC/Preamp to complete a "party-in-a-box" traveling setup I'm throwing together. I'm using a pair of Micca RB42s and a Crown XLS-1002 (which I had laying around) for the amp, and I'm trying to find a DAC/Preamp that's: relatively small (to fit inside the case with the other items, case is 22"x14"x10
Has balanced out
Has analogue in, preferably RCAs
Must be available on Amazon (I have credit from a return)
Bonus if it has Bluetooth
Bonus if it's less than $1000 US, I am also located in the US
The current front-runner is the NuPrime DAC-9, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand. Anyone know if it's snake-oil garbage, or have a better suggestion?

respect

>white monster energy drink
>boomer

clean the dust

B&W CDM1 for 300 bucks. Good deal, stay away?

All technics stuff I got for $100. Pioneer subwoofer for $10 from a thrift store. I have the centre and rear speakers, but can't justify setting them up.... Right now.

Attached: 2019-06-08 20.20.32.jpg (4096x2304, 1.83M)

can't see it when I'm sitting down :)

terrible deal, I just paid $14 for my DM-310's

Attached: Speaker stand.jpg (987x1753, 472K)

>All these subwoofer plebs

All glory to the motional feedback loudspeaker.

Attached: l120a_2019_rez.jpg (2000x1333, 449K)

>vintage luxman

BASED

I couldn't help but notice your bass control is cranked all the way, fren

No sub?
Is the base of those speakers enough?

I was just looking into audio receivers earlier today and settled on the Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. What are some good speakers to pair with it?

Good taste.

It is, the Philips 541MFB speaker is tuned to roll off at a rate that matches the response of the bass knob on this amplifier surprisingly well. With the tone control set up like that, I've measured that they're pretty much flat down to 33 Hz or so. I could mod the speakers to get around this (it's just a question of replacing a single capacitor), but they're really easy to damage by playing too loud, so I'd rather have the option to turn the lowest end response on or off at will.

Attached: 50cluxman.jpg (3886x1907, 996K)

room size and the kind of sound you are playing are more important than the actual amp lol

Is my 2220 worth something now?

Attached: IMG_20190608_213433.jpg (2400x1800, 769K)

I sold this 2252B on eBay for $250 like four or five years ago

Attached: IMG_9626.jpg (3888x2592, 1.42M)

I'm not asking about the actual amp lol

Vinty Luxman and Phillips
var nice.

Attached: 20190526_202909.jpg (2267x1309, 922K)

Correct, you stupid fuck.

I see what you were saying now. So what are some good speakers for all around use (movies, music (Metal, Rock, and EDM mostly), and games) for a small room?

BS-22LRs, nice. I've got some in my closet I'm unsure what to do with

There's a few on ebay, all going for $300+ usd.

the bass control should always be turned to the max even on modern receivers

I'm poor but I want to get my dad something nice for fathers day. He has a reciever but his old loudspeakers got broken by a family member, so I want to get him a new pair, chose floor standing instead of bookshelfs since he doesnt have a subwoofer. Can I do any better than these for the same price or less? I'm already stretching for towers since I know it will be better for low end since no sub.

Link to them: bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-series-dual-5-3-way-floorstanding-speaker-each-black/5926456.p?skuId=5926456

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08-19-20-07~2.png (1160x1966, 302K)

> picked up at a black friday sale couple years ago for $100
They was one of my better gets. I'm looking to possibly upgrade but I think I'd have to spend closer to $400 - $500 to get something that sounds significantly better.
I'm also surprised how little I actually have to use the sub with them. Decent bass for a 4" (closer to 3.5") woofer.

Is there a Frys near you? Jamo S807 for $179 a pair (with coupon code)is a screaming deal.

Roast me

Attached: 20190602_193101.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

> paradigm towers
I can't.
Are those omni-polar?

>dehumidifer on top of washer

Eclipse Bipolar. There is a 1" tweeter and 8" woofer on the front and back of each speaker, with a transmission line cabinet. Paradigm claims frequency response down to 18hz.

Best part is I picked them up off Facebook marketplace with a Harman Kardon turntable, amp, tuner, and CD player for $100.... went and sold the amp, CD player, and tuner for $150, kept the turntable and speakers.

I do actually, I don't know too much about speaker brands but if you say they're better I will definitely get them.

215 here.
It's good.

Attached: animegirlsniffinghairdab.png (673x619, 438K)

Jamo is owned by Klipsch, and they're relatively well respected. The S807 is part of a new line from Jamo, and they are reviewed pretty well. They have a bunch of Jamo stuff on sale now, make sure you use the coupon code on the site. On the plus side the Jamos look fantastic. The sony speakers you posted before are also nice, but I'd take the Jamos all day.

I like the femboi storage room off the the right. Good to keep them in their place.

Right on, his loudspeakers were klipsch. Will his current reciever be able to drive them? I'm not sure how to match ohms and impedance and all.

His current reciever: crutchfield.com/S-kOBrp504JcK/p_022HTR5240/Yamaha-HTR-5240.html

The Jamos are 8 ohm speakers and will be able to drive them just fine. They are also relatively sensitive at 90db efficient... in layman's terms, they will be able to get plenty loud with that reciever.

Now, klipsch products are known for being extremely sensitive, so you will probably have to crank the reciever a little louder than before with his old klipsch speakers, but regardless you'll be able to drive them just fine.

Also, they're pronounced "yah-mo", just so you can tell your dad so he doesnt go around talking about his "JAM-Ohs".

Thank you!

I have these on stands on either side of the couch.

Attached: IMG_20190104_190922.jpg (4048x3036, 3.44M)

If he wants 5.1 surround sound... drys has a matching center channel and surround speakers. Center for $69 and surrounds for $79 a pair. Jamo s801 for surrounds and Jamo s83 for the center.

Pic because they look damm good.

Attached: jamo-s807-hcs-50-czarny.png (905x540, 349K)

I would but just the towers are already pretty steep for me. And his living room isn't really put together with surround in mind (couch against the wall).

I've been really loving my KEF R300s
I upgraded from some Wharfedale 220s, and the difference is stark.

>hisssssssssssssssssssssss

also, that sub sucks, get a cheap klipsch one instead

Don't believe the memes. No hiss from them when used in a rational manner. Only an idiot turns a monitor all the way up. Better to have a strong input signal and the monitors turned down to half.
>Going from a balanced input to unbalanced.
Sounds like a downgrade to me. This sub delivers clear deep bass in the volume level I want.

>This sub delivers clear deep bass in the volume level I want
i had that sub, it's whimpy and high distortion. for similar price klipsch sub will be way better bang for the buck

>i had that sub, it's whimpy and high distortion. for similar price klipsch sub will be way better bang for the buck
You must be turning it up then. What did you expect from a 200W reference sub? It's meant to be accurate, not loud. If you want loud, doing what you did was the right choice. I don't need loud, I want accurate while still being at low volume levels.

>It's meant to be accurate
if you want a accurate sub the monoprice monolith is infinitely better, but a lot more expensive.

The him but the sub is deep and banlenced...

Not him*

>monoprice monolith
One sub is more than I spent on my mixer and this setup. I don't need a 1000W sub. I wanted something small that sounded good at a low volume.
My goal was low volume accuracy. I don't like listening to music at loud volumes and prefer something that can be accurate at a low volume.

How often do girls come over?

This hiss can't be helped with volume control. I suspect high variance of it due to non-existant QC or large tolerances. So it's like a lottery.

I haven't heard any hiss I haven't heard from other amplifiers over the years turned up far too loud. Yea, if you turn the monitors all the way up, you'll hear a slight hiss. If you keep them at half which is far more sensible since you can then feed them a much stronger input signal, there is no noticeable hiss.

Consider yourself lucky.

I bet this guy likes niggerbass

Depends on your speakers and room

it's actually very clean bass

very nice

Do you guys know anything about speakercraft speakers? It's almost impossible for me to find any proper info on them. I picked up what I believe are MONITOR One 6 1/2" BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS from the dumpster, but I dunno if they're worth bothering with. This link is the only thing I could find, and while it's not really all that helpful it does seem to make them sound pretty meh.

thrillingaudio.com/SpeakerCraft_MONITOR_One_BOOKSHELF_SPEAKERS_p/sc monitor one.htm

>Frequency Response: 52Hz - 20kHz 3dB
>Efficiency: 88dB 1W/1m
>Impedance: 8 Ohms
>Power Recommendations: 5 - 80 Watts (Undistorted)

I was going to swap out a pair of Sony SS-TS74, which aren't that good, that I have with them, so I imagine they'll be an upgrade for me regardless, but I'd still like a better idea of what I'm dealing with one way or another.

Attached: SC MONITOR One-2.jpg (400x400, 23K)

i-is-is that a *REEEEEEETCH*
sorry
is that a
fucking
XBOX

man, what an embarrassing post...