Redpill me on React

redpill me on React

Attached: 1*To2H39eauxaeYxYMtV1afQ.png (384x384, 30K)

I wouldn't be able to. I've never used it.

It's a popular JavaScript framework

angular for basedboys

tiny library that does some shit many other libs can do better at this point. used by people that loe having 1gb+ node_modules folders

If you want a small library that does the same but better look into Svelte.

What's the best starting point as far as javascript frameworks go? I feel like I need to learn one but have no idea which. Are they pretty much all the same shit, and does knowing one of them mean that you can switch easily if another suits more your needs after?

Attached: 1559450112196.jpg (474x355, 35K)

>JSX

Attached: smrut.gif (250x141, 825K)

pretty fucking based. the only problem is that it takes the whole nodejs webpack, babel, typescript, etc toolchain, but the final build is pretty lean

best jewish software

Combine that with Redux and TypeScript, and the relevant build tools, and you have what you need to write full-fledged browser frontend applications, including offline mode.

The Redux state management provides a design pattern that's intuitive and easy to get a handle on even if the app is complex. And oh yeah, you can use the same React components in the mobile app too, see
>React Native

not quite. you can't use html in react native. there are neat layers like reactxp tho

ur right. TSX is GOAT

Attached: 1559864602691.jpg (720x684, 73K)

Real men use Vanilla JS and bootstrap only

redpilled and dare i say based

>because fuck cross-browser compatibility
Ask me how I know you've never been gainfully employed?

THIS but it is worth it for react native

javascript is for fags

jQuery is a browser compatibility solution, zoomer.

It's not a framework.
It's only a render module.

It's actually really nice to use with TypeScript. Based Microsoft and Facebook making frontend development easier.

It's also a design pattern nightmare. jQuery was a big hit in the early 2010's, now it's considered legacy garbage by everyone with their head outside their own ass.

The core concepts are the same for all the frameworks. I've made web apps with each of the most popular frameworks (React, Angular, and Vue), and I found Vue to be the easiest one to use.

You can start with React or Vue since there are tons of tutorials on both. Once you get how vdom libraries work you should be able to switch fairly easily to another, but it still takes time to be able to write idiomatically. I personally use mithril and since it’s pretty minimal you might find it easier to start with than the others. React or Vue for professional work where other developers are involved, mithril for personal projects would be my recommendation.

>using jQuery in current year
Why do this to yourself? Dom apis are actually nice to work with now.

Owned by Facebook or theres ties at the very least

>It's also a design pattern nightmare
How so? I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.

React is based af. Components and JSX are so easy to read once you get into it. Vue is also a great alternative if you're looking for something more lean. Honestly React makes web dev and even mobile dev (react native) bearable.

Meanwhile Angular is hot garbage over engineered pajeet shit, I want to never touch it again.

>I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.
What Jow Forumstard doesn't talk about the cross-compatibility and long-term maintainability of frontend software?

jQuery doesn't offer any kind of structure or patterns, it's just direct calls into the DOM. In comparison to say Angular or React, the architecture will end up being a sum of the idiosyncrasies of the primary developer. Yes, a skilled and experienced programmer will do just fine with jQuery, but the average programmer is neither of those things.

Just because you can carve a rock with a teaspoon, it doesn't make it an optimal tool for that purpose. jQuery is a tool designed for carving mousse out of a dessert bowl. We're way past that now.

>Know nothing about react
>Get a job as a senior react developer making 90k a year

It's that simple OP.

Attached: 1560012526064.jpg (2000x3000, 641K)

> senior react developer
> 90k a year
That is literally intern-level pay grade for any software developer

>because the only places in the world where they work with React are SF, NYC, Zurich and Hong Kong
You need to shut your NEET mouth.

I'm a jr react dev in Texas with 1 year of experience and I literally make $90k

This.

What part of know nothing about react do you not understand.

I'm literally overpaid.

Attached: 1553795511529.jpg (1153x1200, 233K)

I've never used a React site that wasn't a laggy piece of shit but nonetheless I like it because it's pleasant to use as a programmer, also there's a lot of demand for it in the job market.

With just the bare minimum needed to build a functioning react webpage (react modules, webpack, babel) the node_modules folder can be as small as 37MB.

there is not a single worthwhile library written in js
the closest one was jQuery
every library will be seen as outdated (instead of being seen as matured) after a few years
react will be "outdated" in a few years as well

>there is not a single worthwhile library written in js
t. hasn't worked for a day writing frontend

It's not that big of a deal, they all do mostly the same shit, just in slightly different ways. Once you have a solid understanding of one, learning another one enough to be productive will only take a few weeks, and unless you're going out of your way to learn bad ones, it usually pays off in terms of easier/quicker development. Learning a JS library isn't some massive commitment like trying to master C++.

new standard, in a bad way

Well how'd you learn it?

It's actually quite comfy

AKTUALLY,

Angular is a framework. React is just a templating library.

similar boat. intern in phoenix making 90k (if the internship actually lasted a year) using react

I prefer Hyperapp.

anywhere I can get some free React tutorials? I am very proficient in Vue but want to dabble in React for job opportunities

What country is lacking Vue jobs?

I live in california and a lot of the jobs here are React. Vue does seem to be getting more though which I would rather do but I kinda need a job now. I have been working as an unpaid intern for about a year

>I have been working as an unpaid intern for about a year

Attached: 1534036813479.png (524x406, 237K)

Cuck

Well what do you expect? at least im not $15,000+ in debt like bootcamp monkeys.

whats cuck?

just follow the getting started page, once you understand that
>components are tree nodes, sometimes with state
>they rerender themselves and their children when their state changes
>they can pass shit down the tree using context
you're halfway to getting a $300k starting salary react """engineer""" role

I just use Vue and vannila JavaScript desu

Provides ultra fast developement for SPWA, tones of reusable components created by community, with React Native and Electron you can build Desktop and Native Mobile apps, huge support by community itself and facebook making some good shit with updates. A lot of jobs in React in the market and it's growing.

Also JSX >>>> HTML and shit

Best thing i can say about using modern js framework is seperating the backend and frontend.
Never again do i have to render half my shit backend then fix up the details and make buttons with jquery.
All data is severed through rest api which mean i can write mock json so that i dont have to even touch the backend until im ready with the ui. Also makes unit testing much easier.

WHAT PART OF KNOW NOTHING DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.
Im sitting here with my finger up my ass all day in the hopes that no one will find out.

React is the go-to

Vue is the nicest to use from a personal perspective, but React is the hottest one, has the most third party support and will get you employed more easily.

React, unlike Vue in many instances, insists on trying to keep things seemingly "pure" but it only means doing more mundane JS stuff. It's a library, the point was to solve that kind of crap.

My experience with the entire concept of single-page JS applications thus far is that they're really nice and fast but there's still too much digging into documentation, fighting with dependencies and frameworks involved if you want to get something complete from a business perspective (SEO and all that crap). Laravel is a nice addition to the stack but then again I don't enjoy mixing PHP with Javascript the way it does.

based bullshitter, living the dream