/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi A3 WHEN edition
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
Previous thread:

Attached: gsmarena_000 (1).jpg (727x367, 28K)

First! Just jerked off to Ariel Rebel, God she's a slutty little minx.

Attached: perfection.jpg (1500x1500, 90K)

Perfection? Always 4K display with a pitiful 3300mAh battery and the usual shit cameras? Overpriced turd. Sony hasn't been worth a damn since the Z5 phones.

I'm looking for a new phone for my mother. She ideally wants to stay under 200,- € but if something much better is available for a little more we'd take that into account. The most important feature is a good camera. Other than that she wants a smooth user experience that will stay smooth for several years as new more demanding apps come out. She also wants a moderately sized phone. We went to the store today and found that most new phones are too big or too slow.

Requirements:
-Good camera (this is most important)
-Dual SIM
-Android 9.0 Pie
-No huge notch (small one is ok)
-At least 32GB storage

I've picked out the Samsung Galaxy A20e, the Huawei Y6 2019, the Nokia 4.2DS 32GB, and the Moto G7. I'm open for suggestions.

sony has good battery management so no need for large batteries

The cameras are finally good again

Redmi Note 7

>perfection
>the size of one of the twin towers
Phones need to stop getting bigger. How does someone walk with this in their pocket without it sticking out?

>good camera
Pixel 3a. Yeah it's over budget but it's worth it. The phone's not huge either.

works for me
The phone is literally twice the fucking budget

Pixel 3a, you sod. Spoil your mum a little

Yeah that worked when they had small normal res screens, you mean to tell me that 6.5" 4K behemoth gets 7-8 hours a day?

give me a single reason not to swap to iphone as a lifelong android user

Happy Pride month, user.

Kek

I never buy flagships, iPhones would be too expensive for me
not that I couldn't afford one, but I don't see why I should spend 800-1000€ on a phone when there are perfectly good phones for 200€

Exactly. Fuck phones. I buy 1 year old, used flagships for ~$300, fuck.

Isn't she form like over a decade ago? Ah, the golden oldies.
For me, it's Angel Dark and Lucy Thai.

A little big but I'll take it into account. I found a store locally that carries it.

Thanks but that's too much over budget. I would go up to 250,- or 275,- € but not 400,- €.

lmao
absolute STATE of that meme fucking aspect ratio
enjoy small videos with tons of side space wasted, or zoom-to-fit, cutting off significant amounts of the top and the bottom of the video just to have it take up all the space on your stupid meme aspect ratio screen

srsly, what the FUCK are they smoking over at Sony?

some kind of Moto G7 variation
or Xiaomi mi A3 lite
or wait for the mi A3

do whatever you want to

*mi a2 lite
or wait for the mi a3 (and maybe a3 lite)

what's the best reasonably priced unlocked bootloader phone curently available, I've had enough of my old one
is it the redmi note 7?

what's so funny is that they could have easily made a profitable phone by becoming the "small phone" brand. instead they make this absolute piece of shit.

Yeah, her, Bryci, some Ashley Robbins, Tiffany Preston, I'm a boomer at heart. Ariel still posts some good stuff thankfully

Attached: 4.jpg (1120x1680, 144K)

Sup guys, I want a Redmi Note 7 that also has NFC. Is there such a phone?

Some of the cheap Zenfones by Asus. They an app for unlocking the bootloader and open source kernel for all their phones.

A2

Thanks.

Umidigi F1 Play

How are Mediatek processors?

Anything that runs GrapheneOS should be your number one choice.

Attached: logo.png (512x512, 8K)

I see Redmi Note 7 recommended a lot here, but what about the Redmi Note 7 Pro? Why is 7 mentioned so much but not the 7 Pro? Which is better value?

Attached: super-hot-scarlett-bordeaux-suggestively-eats-banana-video.png (535x441, 333K)

The RN7 Pro never got a global release. It's not convenient to get one unless you're a chink or a pajeet.

still salty for this

rip Sony, hope they went for the cute premium small phones.

but it's available on the chinkshit sites like aliexpress just like the normal note 7
???

Without the bands you want.

I wanna pick up an unlocked S9 for 300 or so. Should I go for something different?

I am looking for least to most important
>Unlocked as I travel out of the country sometimes.
>Good battery
>Good Camera
>SD slot preferred but no required

Also I will add, I like custom roms to debloat and such. Thanks Hoss.

>cave and buy pixel 3a
>Think the battery - the absolute most important fucking thing a phone has - will be good because it charges fast or whatever and people were meming about it
>Find out it really does charge fast. Think oh cool I'll never run below 50% and waste my battery life at this rate
>Every day I spend not having constantly sitting on the charger it runs to like 10 to 30% every time so I can't even keep it in my pocket while I work without destroying the battery
>Has no extra battery saving options so I can limit it's functionality to what I actually need it to do at a particular time
>Fucking Samsung did this better at $200
Th-thanks secret government overlords.

Lol I'm going on 9.5 hours of screentime on my one plus 7 pro.

What’s the best android for under 200 usd(preferably with removable battery)?

Mi 9 6gb/64 for $380 or Onepoo 7 8gb/256 for $579?

I'm thinking the Mi9 can't be beat at that price

alot better than they used to be, that's for fuck sure
check out the reviews on the F1 Play

Isn't America getting the 9T or 9T Pro on the 12th?

I emulate a lot, do I need 8GB?

Global =/= America

The emulator matters a lot. I emulated DS games on a OnePlus One and it was complete hell until I bought an emulator. The free emulators sucked.

Yeah I already researched into which emulators are the best on Android (DraStic is the best for DS games by the way). My current phone is 8GB but I was just wondering if I ever get a new phone but it only has 6, if it would affect performance.

I was pickpocketed 2 weeks ago and now I am using an LG Q6, it's fine for phoneposting but I want to listen my based music on the bus while going to work and I sometimes use it as a big pen drive. The problem is this shitty thing, when connected to a PC, only charges. I am using Ubuntu and yes, I am sure the cable is working fine and the USB ports are also ok.

Op6t or pixel 3xl?

LG G7

Still aint gonna be near MSRP from chinese price gougers

I think I'm finally ready to upgrade my $100 walmart android to something better.

What is the best way of acquiring a new iphone 6s? I know they have headphone jacks and that's what i want.

Should I get a Pocophone F1 or wait for the K20 Pro/9T Pro? I have a Redmi Note 5 and it's started dropping inputs.

well how much are you willing to spend?

I'm a massive jew who would rather spend $0 but if I close my eyes and just breathe then I'd be willing to spend the extra money on the K20 Pro if the difference is actually meaningful, particularly for games/emulation.

Can anyone suggest me a decent phone for $250-$300? I was looking at chink phones on Ali express and gearbest but I’m tempted to get either a pixel 2 or a Samsung galaxy s8+. I want the k20 pro but it won’t work here in the states that aren’t free. I’m on T-Mobile. Can anyone suggest a good list of phones? I play games and all that gay shit.

Just ordered Lenovo Z6 Pro. gsmarena does not mention that it has gorilla glass. should I wrap it in plastic?

>I have a Redmi Note 5 and it's started dropping inputs.
W-what?

It's started frequently not registering touches for a second or two, randomly. It might be while I'm scrolling something, where it'll suddenly 'press' what I'm holding over as it kicks back in (with my finger now essentially having just tapped the screen from its point of view), or if I wasn't touching it before it might just not do anything. The power button also requires more pressure than before or a specific angle. The former problem I can't find mentioned specifically anywhere online and flashing different firmwares doesn't change anything so it must be some weird hardware fault.

I'm looking to switch from AT&T to Verizon. Unlocking my phone shouldn't be an issue, but should I still be able to use the same phone with the new network, or do I need to get a new one? I heard something about issues with moving between GSM and CDMA network carriers. For reference, I have a Samsung S7 Active.

Should I root my oneplus 7 pro? Will still be able to use my banking apps one way or another? I don't watch a ton of Netflix but is there a modded apk for HDR?

Buy the LG V35 ThinQ? Will I be able yo root it?

But I can't fucking buy a one plus because they don't do monthly payment options.

Kid dropped the Mi Mix 2S. Luckily I didn't pay for it as it was an RMA replacement for a Nexus 6P (lol).

Don't want to pay a shitloads for flagship cause it's basically a phone call, camera, spotify device. Will I have a similar experience if I get a Redmi Note 6 Pro?

Mi Mix 2s

Got to get a new phone, S7 Active isn't compatible with Verizon

>Will I be able yo root it?
Can't unlock the bootloader so root isn't possible.

If I flash lineage OS on my one plus 6t but don't flash gapps is that the same as being "ungoogled"? And can I just flash toe rom from revocery or is it better to do with with adb sideload from a PC

Thank you, user. Might get a new S10 Plus. Not sure if I should consider anything else, since I can turn in my phone and use a current promo to get it for about 1/5 off the standard price.

My redmi note 3 is biting the dust. I haven't kept up with phones lately so I don't even know where to start.
Is getting a Huawei/honor/xiaomi an actual risk of getting cucked by Google or is it media bullshit?
Give me some recommendations under around ~300-400€. It's okay if it has a shitty camera.

>If I flash lineage OS on my one plus 6t but don't flash gapps is that the same as being "ungoogled"?
Yes
>And can I just flash toe rom from revocery or is it better to do with with adb sideload from a PC
Either way works

My redmi note 3 is biting the dust. I haven't kept up with phones lately so I don't even know where to start.
Is getting a Huawei/honor/xiaomi an actual risk of getting cucked by Google or is it media bullshit?
Give me some recommendations around 300-400€. It's okay if it has a shitty camera.

If the note 3 filled your needs I'd just recommend getting the most recent in that line that you can be bothered paying for. It'll be much cheaper than 300 euros too.
Huawei and Honor are best avoided but Xiaomi seems safe for now.

Yeah I was considering the redmi note 7 but I wanted to see if there was something better at a higher price range since I can spend more

Weeks later ... I am forgotten

Attached: 71Oqz1JwnDL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 10K)

Ok so I enter twrp and the folder I put the rims into is encrypted do I just move then outside of it?

Sup Jow Forums im looking to buy redmi note 7 for around 230$ is it good?
I want something that would last, is the rom/treble support good? Any redpills about this phone or xiaomi in general

Also i can buy a note 5 for 200 but it seems a bit dated now and the price isnt that much lower

Fuck you french faggot

If he was French he'd put spaces before the question marks, since Frenchies don't realise we don't do that in English or actively do it to spite us.

Howd you tell? The $ sign? Was just lazy to move back

I stand corrected, well done on not putting those spaces in at least.

Please help me pick a phone, I'm losing my mind. I'm always good at picking things to buy that I want but when it comes to phones, and phones alone, my mind gets fucked up trying to decide. At least I have a list of the ones that I liked, I'm gonna buy one from either of these near the end of this year
>Pixel 3
>Pixel 4 in October only if it's a major improvement over the 3
>Note 9 Exynos
>OnePlus 7 Pro
>OnePlus 7T Pro in October, again only if it's a major improvement
>S9+ Exynos

because you're a fucking gorilla stop eating so much

If you have the budget for a OnePlus 7 Pro, why wouldn't you consider a S10? Prices are dropping.

Bump

pixel 3 or 4 obviously, exynos is trash and fuck chinkplus

S10 is pillshit
Yeah I should get the 3, fuck this, I forgot 4 has pillshit too.

lol stop being poor

>monthly payment
LMAO

>A s10
That's "an s10"

How's the camera on the OnePlus 7 Pro? It's getting better with time right. Can't wait for the dedicated gcam mod to match the Pixel

Kek

How can people buy the 3a phones? They don't even come with 128gb variants. 64gb with no expandable storage in 2019 is a JOKE.

How's the pocophone f1?

It's good if you just want a powerful shitphone to rice and use.

user I've called an ambulance for you, hang in there

What the fuck?