Black computer scientists

Were any of these people as significant as the infographic make them to be?

Attached: blackhistorymonth_infographic_final-1.jpg (1653x8854, 877K)

absolutely not, black history vastly overstates the contributions of any black person remotely involved and completely ignores who really did everything

Considering that niggers were slaves for hundreds of years and then got shitted on for another hundred after, it's impressive that these people achieved as much as they did. Niggers nowadays have everything handed to them and complain while achieving nothing while their ancestors achieved much more while being actively oppressed.

Oppression and hardship lead to innovation.

Low IQ doesn't help.

I don't know why the woman on the bottom is lumped in with all the people who actually did shit. I haven't heard shit about black girls coding so it sounds like she got an easy cashgrab from Obama for doing nothing.

that's literally what affirmative action is, it's not dressed up at all. it's literally doing exactly that.

is it me or this looks very racist? I mean:
>Black History Month
i read BLACK History and my mind shifts to dark gloomy history.

>girls of color
this sounds like a derogatory term

also:
>do meaningful shit
>be put in some list out of pity because of skin color, not because of said achievement.
I am not discrediting them, I am just saying they could've done this in a better, non racist way. Like top 10 Apollo 11 mission key people or top ISA developers you didn't hear about or something like that. It would've been way more of an impact than this shit.

No shit, it's called "black history". If you took a course in Roman History, you probably won't hear much about the Tang Dynasty.

Unironically I would say only the males in that graphic. The three women there didn't contribute to computer science, they contributed to "colored women in STEM" which is not the same thing as contributing to CS itself.

I've worked with Mark Dean before. He's a pretty nice guy.

No, but nobody is as significant when it comes to contributions. Great Men theories are bullshit when you consider everyone got bits and pieces by sharing information with others. In some ways it's like a big lottery, only difference is that the winner is chosen by cultural and political forces.
The men in your picture are lauded as significant, yet no one knew who they were in their lifetime. Same goes for Shakespeare and a bunch of other people. The opposite happens too, but no one stops to think about the forgotten.

Attached: 1418001883434.jpg (604x397, 36K)

isn't this pride month?

>Katherine Johnson
...typed numbers on a calculator i guess?
>Evelyn Granville
Wrote programs in FORTRAN for NASA
>Roy Clay
...recruited to sell computers?
>Clarence Ellis
Contributed to making software for supercomputers, GUIS, and programming languages
>Mark Dean
not really a computer scientist, but computer engineer.
>John Thompson
Made a scripting language and lead the production of Macromedia Flash
>Kimberly Bryant
>coding
pic related

Attached: programit.jpg (1024x768, 125K)

>ITT Jow Forumspol/ is upset that an infographic called "Black pioneers in computer science" gives black people some role models in computer science
>Each point is denied with no cursory glance at freely available evidence
no shit the achievements may be overstated, fuckwits like you don't make these people feel welcome at all
how do you expect anyone to succeed when all you do is jerk eachother off for calling them retarded and basking in your own false sense of superiority while dismissing their role models as probably false?

WHITES ARE OBSESSED

>you can only have rolemodels of your own race, goy!
how do you expect anyone to succeed if you approve of divisive bullshit like this.

> Pride month
> Black month
White pride month when?

The other 11 months

Welfare destroyed the black family.

If you can't subtract two from twelve, is it safe to assume you're black?

Nothing is stopping white people from showing white pride during pride month. Same with blacks

>nothing
Yeah, it's whites themselves, because they do what Jews tell them to do.

You can think Hitler and Jim Crow southerners for that. If whites only just thought others were subhuman, then it'll be whatever. Instead they were genocidal maniacs and made it taboo.

*thank
Mobile posting is one hell of a drug

why do niggers always feel the need to compensate for being the dumbest people on earth

white people invented the modern world, get over it, stupid niggers

Why do incels retard posting on a website known for having human filth posting on it like to claim the work of men long dead and/or doesn't know that you exist and then find some sort of pride in it. Is it because you are too dumb and lazy to do something useful?

>insult their pets
>immediately resort to ad hominems
this is the (((democrat))) mindset

Instead of doing something useful yourself, you are browsing a website "known for having human filth posting on it" and get offended over a post by some "incels retard".
Ironic isn't it?

I see a pattern of diminishing returns in OP's pic
also no Derek Smart? baka desu senpai

>no u
Try having an argument
nothing useful: the post