What's your current home network setup, Jow Forums?

what's your current home network setup, Jow Forums?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=meYniwXbT_s
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1272860-REG/sony_odsd280u_optical_disc_archive_gen.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

modem to router wired
router to printer wired
router to rest of the shit wireless

A fucking nightmare

Security gateway, cloud key, switch, AP. So comfy.

I just use the Verizon branded G1100 with my FiOS service. I have a couple computers connected to the build-in switch, and everything else is wireless.

I work in networking, and I have no interest taking my work home with me. I spend all day consulting and configuring SMB, and enterprise shit, so it's nice to laze about and enjoy my normie shit.

would getting an AP in a 800sqft apartment be overkill? I've got a mikrotik 2.4ghz router with gb ethernet switches that I don't want to upgrade, so I'm thinking of just getting a ubiquiti uac AP for the 5ghz to see if I can actually get more than 70mbps on wifi since I've just been upgraded to a 400mb free monthly plan.

such faggot, wow.

But you already know, Mr NSA agent.

should you always swap out your isp's provided modem or is that just tinfoil nonsense?

It's not like they can't tell what you're connecting to regardless (unless you use a VPN/TOR). If they gave you a modem/router combo however, don't use it as a router. You don't want them to get the packets your computers are sending to your other computers.

56k dialup

i get 200-300mbps on my 1x1 phone in a 700sqft cuckshed with the ap ac lite. it has been godly for value.

It's not about tinfoil, it's just that the provided modem/router combo unit that most ISPs supply is absolute dogshit.

Fiber optic line comes in
ISP supplied modem
D-Link DIR-859
One desktop, one smart TV in the bedroom, 8 Port switch in the living room
Smart TV, HTPC, and various game consoles running off of the switch in the living room

Wifi's pretty much just for my phone.

Microtik HaP Lite plugged into a Virgin Superhub 2.

I just finished upgrading the office to a USG 4-Pro to replace the Microtik Routerboard, the cabinet was stuffed full so I needed something that could run IDS without taking up another 2U.

Attached: dashboard.png (1249x1298, 172K)

this diagram i made

Attached: net.png (725x604, 75K)

What does the cloud key even do

It provisions other Unifi hardware and if you have a guest wifi setup in place it hosts the captive portal.

I just have one of these

Attached: motorola modem router combo.jpg (780x780, 31K)

Apple airports wires around parts of the house

airport time capsule plugged into fibre optic ntd.

Attached: 1528735937609.png (3440x1648, 1M)

Ubiquiti ERPOE-5 paired with two Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PROs. Rock solid and A+ buffer bloat rating on DSLReports speed test.

Asus AC68U router connected to a bunch of shit and a switch, then another switch off of the first one to serve different rooms. Also another router on a different VLAN connected to the primary router.

based.

Attached: fresh.jpg (500x755, 68K)

Netgear GS108PE
Unifi AP-AC-PRO
PCEngines APU2 with pfSense
ISP modem

Attached: 20190608_192017.jpg (613x1935, 187K)

TP-Link Archer C7 with OpenWRT providing main AP and routing

Identical router bridged over 802.11ac WDS for a wireless high bandwidth link between my entertainment center and main router so I don’t have to run a cable

What a cluster of fuck.

why do you say that? i think its simple and works

Attached: thinkPadPC110.jpg (305x255, 17K)

SAG, UNifi Switch, AP Pro

Attached: 20190608_204609.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

OPNsense on a purpose built amd64 router with serial port.
External cable modem.
LTE USB stick as failover in case cable shits itself.
24 port switch.
Lots of retro hardware including a Sun workstation.
Wifi AP.
Battlestation at desk.
ARM devkit with ECC serving as fileserver/seedbox/irssi/bastion host.
Dedicated Ethernet drop for using my laptop on the couch.

which one of these gives to best bang for your money. This new one with no memory or storage from Aliexpress or a used Watchguard from ebay that most likely comes with 2 gig of ram ?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08_22:35:55.png (1500x875, 488K)

WatchGuard

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-08_22:16:24.png (1276x785, 556K)

youtube.com/watch?v=meYniwXbT_s

Attached: le ibook man.jpg (500x584, 30K)

both running Pfsense I should add....

I got a bigboi setup in my apartment

Attached: Untitled.png (1144x602, 57K)

That's some dodgy shit.

>mfw I want to get a USG/Unifi Switch/Cloud Key but have absolutely no need for any of it

Attached: 64.jpg (302x389, 83K)

directly with dmz, I ain't scurred of nothin

Attached: directly into intraweebs.jpg (926x503, 54K)

i run a cat6 down the middle of the house to my room and tape it down with duct tape.

i got tired of dealing with wifi crapping out when im maxing my torrents.

Simple.

Cable Modem/Router/Wifi 802.11N -> (Desktop,Work Station pc, 8 Port Switch)

8 Port Switch - (Router, Server x 3, NAS, WD TV Live, 5 Port Switch)

5 port switch - (8 port switch, WD TV Live, PS2)

Wireless - 1x Laptop, 1x Netbook, 1x Samsung 65" Smart TV, Samsung Phone, RCA Tablet

No VLans, No V.M's, no IP Cameras, No Alexia devices, just a simple network that just works as it should.

What, too pleb to run it properly inside the walls or at least under the baseboards?

>doing manual labour like cucks

no thx

Ah, so mommy won't let you put any holes in the walls. Got it.

You must be rich

>mommy wont let me put holes in the wall but okay with me taping down wires

this is how stupid you are blue collar cuck

Attached: WTF.gif (213x183, 843K)

Confirmed for still living with parents...

ISP router with everything connected wirelessly.

Attached: dabchen.jpg (1048x1200, 100K)

Based

shouldn't be breaking your back for $7/hour?

Blue-collar work is actually well paid.

compared to retail, sure

More complicated than it needs to be. Although when you get free hardware it's kind neat to set us a bunch of shit. I have an M670 as well but it's just sitting around since the fans on it are a bit noisier than my modded M300 is.

You can install PFSense on those. I'd get a 535 though since it's a bit more powerful. Also, the first port, eth0 on those is not Auto-MDIX.

Attached: Screenshot_20190608_201304.png (1637x1254, 127K)

Certainly retail, but quite a few other occupations as well.
Of course, it scales with skill requirements, you're not going to get as much for laying a road as putting up a crane for instance.

Making my old thinkpad x61 into a server for my cloud storage.

I really love this thing and want to make sure it doesn't get left behind. I'm using lubuntu because not sure what other distro would work.

ADSL modem to microtik router ( bridged connection ), then from the router to two access points / my computers

well enjoy breaking your body

>shouldn't be breaking your back for $7/hour?
It's okay user, you can live with mommy and daddy as long as they'll let you...

I was just thinking this. Doctor's office setup?

>he thinks mommy and daddy would let me ducttape the house

blue collar brain

can you faggots stop derailing the thread?

>he thinks mommy and daddy would let me ducttape the house
Well, it's not like you ever even leave their basement...

>le thread bolice

who died and made you commissar of the acceptable posts bureau?

here you go

Attached: network.jpg (595x848, 55K)

Modem > router > 8 port switch

ISP GPON ONT connected to Asus AC68U.
Does absolutely everything I need perfectly, not seeing any reason to upgrade until WiFi 6 is finalized.
Looked into prosumer memes like ER or RB at one point but never got one, in hindsight was probably a good decision.

Attached: 1522931812277.webm (407x404, 1.98M)

wew amazing

Recently put Cat6 into the walls but have yet to upgrade any of my hardware past 100Mbit.

Attached: Network.png (1417x528, 22K)

fiber to router
router to ap and a couple of poe switches a network drive
one of the switches to mediaplayer, a console and a nvr
the other one to another ap, desktop computer, couple of ip cameras

moving soon so probably will reduce that since I will only use one ap and one switch

kek this looks so amateur it hurts.
Cheap atom board, cheap 12V PSU, cheap 1U "case"
Slap them together and wa la

Why haven't you taken the Orbi pill yet?

Attached: Orbi.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)

Because fuck Netgear

Attached: 1558599807134.jpg (359x347, 66K)

Attached: Sony Optical Disc Archive.png (750x486, 220K)

>Sony
I bet it's fucking expensive, both the drive and discs

shitty Comcast coax -> Motorola MB7420 -> Ubiquiti Edgerouter X eth0

eth4 is connected to a UAP-AC-LITE

eth1-3 are connected to switches, one in the living room (TV, PS4, Roku, Steam Link), one upstairs for various desktops, and one for the rest of the networking equipment

Raspberry Pi running UniFi controller and pi-hole for DNS

Old gaymen PC with GPU removed and CentOS installed serves as NAS as well as running a few services like SSH, SFTP, and a few personal web services running on Apache. Has also been used in the past for hosting Minecraft/FTB servers, and serves as a backup location for other desktops.

Another old gaymen PC with Windows running Blue Iris for some IP cameras

Also all the runs for the cameras connect back to the switch that's with the rest of the networking equipment. All switches are Netgear GS308.

>over priced per GB
>low market adoption
Good luck trying to read your shit 10 years from now when that machine dies and you go looking for other machines.

You would be very correct. It's pretty much only good for industries that don't want to use LTO tape for whatever reason and don't mind the massive price tag.

It's objectively the best mesh (or mesh-like) solution though. Performs way better than shit like Google WiFi for me. At the very least it's worth using just as an access point.

I paid $7000 for the drive.
Fuck off Gabe

what the fuck

Attached: Sony audio.png (962x1699, 1.25M)

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1272860-REG/sony_odsd280u_optical_disc_archive_gen.html
It isn't meant for regular consumers, I don't care I bought one anyways

>I paid $7000 for the drive.
kek

>Fuck off Gabe
Is that a joke or something?

this is my current setup

Attached: networking.png (1096x930, 539K)

My smartphone. It can control everything with wifi. I can use schedules, voice, or touch for actions. I am hoping that one day my phone can do all the needed things that my pc can. I tether my mobile data.

Sorry this was a larp. I am stuck to my current home there are no apartments to move in where I live that meet my needs. But if there were I would only own a smartphone not home pods.

ISPs do know unless you use DNS over tls and esni. I dont know if ISP's routers send your browsing or usage data to them. I would expect that they do. Dont use ISP's modem.

VPN is not good unless you know that Google/Apple/Samsung knows and every app that uses your VPN IP. You have to limit VPN to the thing that needs it. Dont use it system wide. Any tracking protection is useless if you have static IP. They track you based on IP.

Tor is probably the only thing that hides from general tracking. Android and iOS have unique system ID. They know all your IPs. Use tor otherwise you most likely havent taken everything in to account and let yourself be tracked. VPN wont help in this case.

>They track you based on IP.
They kinda don't do this anymore. Read somewhere that IP is a pretty irrelevant metric these days.

CAT6A through the entire house. Server rack in basement pushing PoE for 2 APs on upper floors.

I also learned how to patch drywall and paint along the way.

Attached: 2fcable.jpg (4656x2620, 3.44M)

You believe that? Do you have static IP? Dont you think that it would be easy to log that to your profile. Log it everytime you login or use apps. Now they know your IP always because they see it when you use your unique id. So when you load a tracker it knows who you are always because the tracker gets your IP. Apps on the background know your IP all the time. Even if it changes they just update your profile.

I have one of those Ubiquiti edge router things and a separate stadalone AP for Wi-Fi. Works way better than any modem/router/wireless all in one I've owned.

How is the Server physically (and 3DS wirelessly) connected *directly* to the Workstation if you only have 1 *wired* 100Mbps NIC and it's connected directly to the switch

Attached: huh.png (503x516, 566K)

:D

Attached: 1470440205316.jpg (4800x6912, 3.92M)

>trusting ubiquiti

>unifi
embracing the botnet i see

that's kind of funny to watch, but damn that guy sucks at being a bf

>2014
This shit is 5 years old

50k DSL going into Fritz!Box 7590 in top floor

LAN to every Desktop PC in the same floor

Fritz!Repeater 1750E downstairs

how to create these graphs

ISP modem in bridge mode -> tp link router

how's that bros

Attached: 1560020482766.jpg (255x255, 13K)

superseded computer running Debian. That does the wi-fi too since I was lucky enough to get an Atheros card. I set up the firewall, DNS, and so on myself because I was sick and tired of the router being a magic black box that I didn't understand. also web interfaces are bloat.

Pretty simple setup. EdgeRouter X with a bunch of cheap access points. I picked up a cheap NetComm NF8AC, but it's 5 GHz radio doesn't like switching to 80 MHz even when set to it. I don't know how to fix it.