Make Computers Beige Again

Make Computers Beige Again

Attached: modern beige.jpg (564x416, 39K)

Agreed.
It used to be pretty monotonous, but now it's even more monotonous with blacks everywhere.

The old plastics that faded to peepee color turned everyone off

I'd love a beige case made from something that didn't yellow after a year.

>those external 5.25 bays
beautiful, absolutely beautiful, simply gorgeous
I stocked up on cases with at least 3 5.25 bays because fewer and fewer new cases, even full or super size ones, have even 1 bay. I also hate the minimalism and tempered glass trend. Minimalist in appearance AND functionality

Use retrobrite and stop smoking around your PC.

> I stocked up on cases with at least 3 5.25 bays because fewer and fewer new cases, even full or super size ones, have even 1 bay
This.
I can't fucking stand this zoomer trend in particular. "Minimalist in appearance AND functionality" indeed.

Its not just the colouring, its the utilitarian form that few products have now.

Yes please. They can bring back motherboard speakers in commercial machines, software box art, useful user guides with software and square cars like the 205 while they are at it.

Attached: 205.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Why?

> They can bring back motherboard speakers in commercial machines
I bought a NOS paper cone speaker but I have literally nowhere to mount it, so it just kinda lays down at the bottom of the case.

oh please, out-of-context-chan.

Attached: images(2).jpg (300x168, 5K)

what? NOS? Like the freaking nitro thing?

new old stock

good shit.

imagine the smell.

All my old PCs were all painted metal.

The old cases aren't designed for modern hardware and they don't have quality of life things like decent cable management and front USB 3.0 ports.

Front USB can be mounted in one of the numerous 5.25'' bays.
>The old cases aren't designed for modern hardware
Depends on the case. If it's from an old decommisioned server there are usually enough holes to mount plenty of coolers, if that's what you meant.
As for cable management - there is nothing zip ties can't handle.

Beige/off-white is truly superior. It just has a warm and comfy feeling.
Such a pity that it got uncool during the 2000s, and that you don't even have much of an option to get beige cases and monitors.

remember the mid 00s when case modding was big? people would go ham on their shit with a dremel and 5 different color cans of Krylon

Attached: 2121679280074880085lQegxL_ph.jpg (800x600, 72K)

I think thats's part of why they're nostalgic. It's a warm color which is also associated with pleasant memories of learning about computers.

Any modern cases with a beige color? I'm also thinking about getting another Corsair 200r and spray painting it with plastidip or something.

Why are modern things so soulless?

women and minorities

>beiged and egg pilled

have sex

He's right.

You have nostalgia goggles for that time you were a virgin but too young to be made fun of for it

Yes please, beige is comfy and friendly

Any self respecting citizen should own a black

You're wrong.
I'm not that user but I have lived on the net since I was 12 and witnessed the shift in everything and I can concur, everything today is bland and soulless compared to what we had in the 90s and 00s.

>useful user guides with software
I know you're clowning around, but Arch's robust documentation is one of the reasons I jumped ship to Manjaro recently

they were soulless then too, after the experimental period in the early 80's when everyone was just making IBM clones everyone made the same copypasted beige boxes for a decade

this.
I'm not saying black is the way to go (although I have a black T420 that I love) but I think it's just nostalgia talking when people sya we should go back to beige plastics.

... slave

There is that particular nasty brown that beige plastics eventually turn.

Attached: mac_plastic_3_small.jpg (411x282, 46K)

I HAD THAT CASE, IT WAS A SUPERMICRO

Just retrobright that shit, it's not rocket science.

agreed. i hate the ubiquity of blacks nowadays

205 gti was legit

Modern beige plastics are like that since they use a better flame retardent

5 turbo was better

Attached: George Lucas 5.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

Nah, beige is a fucking ugly colour that makes one think of granny pants.

Retard.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (259x194, 8K)

I have mid 90's server cases that are pretty much made for mother tech

Mine is all painted (or powder coated) metal so no retrobriting will ever be needed.

Thing is a beast, weighs well over 30lb and solid as fuck.

Attached: IMG_20190403_180324453_HDR.jpg (2525x3787, 1.85M)

Professional
Functional
Scientific
No nonsense.
Tech used to be like that. Now brainlets and normal fags ruin everything.

It's beautiful.

How is black any less functional or scientific?

I agree there are too many blacks

I had a used one of these and it had no 2.5 drive covers so I had to put in two floppy drives even though I never used them lol. Shit was solid, it was fucking military grade. But my dad decided it needed more vents so he cut a disgusting circle in the left side panel. I always thought it would look awesome if I painted it black though. Best case I ever had.

Easier to spot dust and finger print.
Black tends to lose to white in inducing worker to work
Also black does not actually suits bright office white light.

Black might suits private and recreational spaces where you should can have much more customization.

>that modern beige case that turned out to be an april fools joke

Attached: (You).jpg (3264x2448, 711K)

for me, it's the smell of new crt