/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL

Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]

- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [6 April 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview24.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [XX XXXXXXXXX 20XX]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Additional reading: [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ ]

FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub
- - - - -

GoldBrute Java-based malware doing credential stuffing attacks on millions of BlueKeep vulnerable systems.

threatpost.com/forget-bluekeep-beware-goldbrute/145482/

Attached: 190510-oconnor-spy-museum-tease_bjgu6g.jpg (1362x766, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

threatpost.com/sandboxescaper-byebear-windows-bypass/145470/
threatpost.com/espionage-as-a-service-dark-web/145464/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PXpOv1-Q3ecJ:https://github.com/SandboxEscaper/polarbearrepo/tree/master/ByeBear &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
bbc.com/news/technology-48555149
bbc.com/future/story/20190218-are-we-on-the-road-to-civilisation-collapse
bbc.com/future/story/20170418-how-western-civilisation-could-collapse
entertainment.slashdot.org/story/19/06/09/1831223/bizarre-new-theories-emerge-about-bitcoin-creator-satoshi-nakamoto
reason.com/2019/06/05/if-we-told-you-neal-stephenson-invented-bitcoin-would-you-be-surprised/
pastebin.com/94gJzgk5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Windows 10 local privilege escalation patch has a bypass! Code was released on GitHub, but is no longer there.

threatpost.com/sandboxescaper-byebear-windows-bypass/145470/
>SandboxEscaper claimed that this bug is not restricted just to Edge: “This will be triggered with other packages too,” she said on GitHub. “So you can definitely figure out a way to trigger this bug silently without having Edge pop up. Or you could probably minimize Edge as soon as it launches and close it as soon as the bug completes. I think it will also trigger by just launching Edge once, but sometimes you may have to wait a little.
>“I didn’t do extensive testing.. found this bug and quickly wrote up a PoC, took me like two hours total, finding LPEs is easy,” she wrote.

I wonder how many other LPE's on Windows 10 exist if you just start playing with stuff and use SysInternals ProcMon to figure out what is changing elsewhere on the system?

Any anons in Texas interested in some networking equipment for self study or practice?

Got a bunch from when I was studying and gathered over the years. Will let go cheaper than ebay and shady craigslist meet ups. Can do an even shadier Jow Forums meet.

Examples:
Cisco ASA 5510
Cisco ASA 5520
Some cards with them

Netgear FVL328
Checkpoint 600 L-50W

threatpost.com/espionage-as-a-service-dark-web/145464/

>The cybercrime underground has become a service-driven, on-demand economy, including making available targeted corporate espionage services. According to an analysis, about 40 percent of Dark Web merchants offer spearphishing-as-a-service and targeted hacking services, aimed at infiltrating Fortune 500 businesses and other high-value targets.

>Typically reserved for well-resourced organized cybercrime gangs and APTs, these types of services are putting big fish on the radar for less experienced hackers, according to Mike McGuire, senior lecturer in criminology at the University of Surrey in the UK. His analysis, carried out in conjunction with Bromium and based on covert discussions with Dark Web vendors and picking the brains of law enforcement, shows that the underground has become a haven for such wares.

>“These services typically come with service plans for conducting the hack, with prices ranging from $150 to $10,000 depending on the company involved and the extent to which the malware was customized for targeted attacks,” McGuire explained in the report, released Thursday at Infosecurity Europe.

GUISE GUISE WE'RE GONNA BE BITCOIN THOUSANDAIRES!

>not linking old threadd
>Oh yes. And we know who has the expertise here, don't we, user?
we do.
fuggg
we do.
>;-)

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PXpOv1-Q3ecJ:https://github.com/SandboxEscaper/polarbearrepo/tree/master/ByeBear &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

best i could find on byebear. google and bing have the src url, but nothing in the cache.

bump

Attached: ctdgq350j7331.jpg (1600x2398, 1.48M)

Has anyone done the WestW0rld boot2root?

I have an unused Debian laptop with 1TB of disk space. I can either:

>practice setting up a bunch of services (DNS, fileserver, etc) or setting up an entire internal network with multiple "machines" connecting to a "router" using virtual machines (what do I use for vm? VMWare?) and pretend they're real bare-metal things
>do the same with containers because it seems to be the hot meme

Which is the better use of my resources?

Attached: Simple-Ton.jpg (217x222, 12K)

Hey hacker bros, my boss handed me this tablet saying they don't use it anymore and he want me to unlock it for him. Would a normal factory reset work or is it gonna be harder than that.
Unless someone has the "Exit Kiosk PIN"

Attached: totally legal.jpg (3024x4032, 2.02M)

Who are these “well-resourced” groups that these fucks always meme about? o names, no nothing?

Probably Russian organised crime with connections to the Russian government. The operative phrase is cleptocracy.

Frankly people like to call everything APTs these days. It sounds better and no one can prove it isn't true. Saying you got hacked by a big scary and unidentified state actor is better than some cheetos encrusted neckbeard.

Continued from last thread: BBC has more on this case
bbc.com/news/technology-48555149

just go to vulnhub and work on ctfs.

Good to be back, really appreciated, OP.

CollectiveComputers is down and has been down for a few weeks now, so I suggest we point users to the FTP backup. Most will try the links and complain these fail, as happened last thread.

>The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm ]
In the last thread an update was announced.
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview10.htm

Attached: 1529779451220.gif (256x256, 1.38M)

Could excdessive dystopia end in collapse?
bbc.com/future/story/20190218-are-we-on-the-road-to-civilisation-collapse
bbc.com/future/story/20170418-how-western-civilisation-could-collapse
>INEQUALITY AND OLIGARCHY: Wealth and political inequality can be central drivers of social disintegration, as can oligarchy and centralisation of power among leaders. This not only causes social distress, but handicaps a society’s ability to respond to ecological, social and economic problems.
That is a stable trope of Cyb literature and increasingly IRL.

>COMPLEXITY: Collapse expert and historian Joseph Tainter has proposed that societies eventually collapse under the weight of their own accumulated complexity and bureaucracy. Societies are problem-solving collectives that grow in complexity in order to overcome new issues. However, the returns from complexity eventually reach a point of diminishing returns. After this point, collapse will eventually ensue.
Also a staple trope in Cyb, where only a selected few have the knowledge to work around complexities and bureaucracy.

Attached: hyperpnea_by_wataboku_dbcfear-fullview.jpg (600x852, 90K)

anyone else have trouble learning from their daily weed use? These days I barely retain anything I learn online, took me forever just to pass my A+ and Net+

Weed doesn't seem that common in here, mainly nootropics and occasional Ritalin. Can I recommend Japanese green tea as a superior alternative?

Attached: tea_house_1-main.jpg (700x525, 229K)

When you see all sorts of attack from a single Chinese IP number, attempting every single attacks, particularly PHP attacks, and it goes on 24/7, I'd say it is pretty persistent.

I was reviewing the Google statistics for the company where I work and the chief was happy to have a lot of traffic from China. That is until I noticed it was a continuous stream of requests for non-existing PHP pages. Google analytics does not discriminate between legitimate views and downright attacks.

bump

Attached: The-Phenomenon-of-Floating_Rob-Gonsalves-e1437770926227.jpg (1000x771, 220K)

>page 8
cyberbump

Attached: f635de0a6cb7782c9ca596aa5aa7c5b4.jpg (1754x2339, 512K)

>COMPLEXITY: Collapse expert and historian Joseph Tainter has proposed that societies eventually collapse under the weight of their own accumulated complexity
I was just signing tax forms and can easily see this country collapse under complexity.

What if I'm a lumbering moran who needs to learn the basics of the network before learning hacking?

Fortunately there are tons of books on networking. Also hard work will compensate for sheer brilliance.

is network+ worth doing?

Attached: merc4sale.jpg (934x960, 156K)

We were the proto hackers. Who are we?

In the way that you will always have a job? Sure. Over time it might get a little monotonous though but tastes differ.

In a case of news imitating art
=== /cyb/? News:
>Bizarre New Theories Emerge About Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto (cointelegraph.com)
entertainment.slashdot.org/story/19/06/09/1831223/bizarre-new-theories-emerge-about-bitcoin-creator-satoshi-nakamoto
>"I am not saying that Neal Stephenson is Satoshi Nakamoto," writes the features editor at Reason. "What I am saying is: Would it really be surprising if he were?"
Well, why not?
>They also note later that "Satoshi Nakamoto's initials are SN; Neal Stephenson's are NS."
In 2019 that is as good as a solid proof.

Adding to this, I see Neal Stephenson get a roasting for the size of his books:
reason.com/2019/06/05/if-we-told-you-neal-stephenson-invented-bitcoin-would-you-be-surprised/
> He followed this with The Baroque Cycle, a trio of novels, each approximately the size of a piece of industrial farm equipment
Strangely they never mentioned the Great Simoleon Caper.

Sup guys, anyone here studying cybsec as a hobby? I am busy with my real career and college but dive into overthewire lately.

New OP Post: [ pastebin.com/94gJzgk5 ]

it's that one guy who made truecrypt and sold meth. he's dead now.

Thrradly question of how to get into neighbors WiFi. Have tired

>Pixie
>Reaver
>Bully
>PMKid
>Hashcat
>Aircrack
>Wifiphisher
>Fluxion
>Wifite

I've not used Kali, or backtrack as it was known since 2011. Wanted to get into a nearby router and start from there but things have changed from the days of just letting reaver run for a few hours

Fluxion is probably your best bet. Understand what it is actually doing, and where it is failing.
Protip, use the pringle tin method to boost both your wifi signals, so the deauth actually works, and they are forced to jump onto your fake ap.

Another method would be to go from the inside out. If you can get a shell on one of their pc's, whether that be by using email phishing or another method, you can then get their wifi password from there.