Apple stand

Im the only one that thinks that the price isn't that expensive?
have you seen that thing?
looks solid and its one massive part if its soldered together then the joints are perfect.
I wouldn't be able to make a stand under 200$ for sure and lets not speak about a part that big

I get it.... aluminum is very easy to manipulation but even so.. this cost like 80$ and its much smaller and has no logo
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/KBDfans-5-degree-60-keyboard-aluminum-case-gh60-case-fit-gh60-poker-dz60-xd60/2230037_32832486882.html

Attached: apple-mac-pro-2019-9-1-1164x800.jpg (1164x800, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-o3cVrsNcU
alibaba.com/product-detail/Heatsink-extrusion-20-to-500mm-wide_62019545561.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.37.2c18448dTvgKXd
youtube.com/watch?v=nX12v51LbyM
youtube.com/watch?v=-wlht9pPOZw
youtube.com/watch?v=J8vUfLGNfvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I couldn’t make a processor for a million dollars but that doesn’t mean I’d pay that much for one.

Tim Apple, go to sleep.

>the brainlet analogy
im just going to insult you rather than trying to argue because theres no point with people like you

Attached: 1542938551647.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

That is what the OP is doing with his smoothbrain troll post.

The pricing seems okay for the engineering, but the problem is that it's only that expensive because of the overegineering of something that could do the same job for a fraction of the price.

Oh god, they put those stupid fucking cheese grater holes on the back of the display too. They had it fine then fucked it up.

Attached: applebundle-1[1].jpg (1918x1474, 177K)

>soldered/welded together

Nigger for that price it better be a single piece of pressure forged titanium and then laser CNC to prevent tool marking and automated precision.

It also doesn't even have VESA capability to hold a generic party monitor.

nope my example was realistic, i didn't make a comparison with spaceship tech, no one is expecting him to build cpu in his garage but on the other hand you can send that design to any website that offers a milling service and they will make it for you, totally on reach of everyone nothing out of the ordinary and still will cost you a lot of money.

>aluminum casting
sand
3D printed part
propane bottle
home made oven
alcoholic father

>looks solid and its one massive part if its soldered together then the joints are perfect.
It is extruded aluminium "T" profile, and then they machined it.
For your information, you can buy kick scooter for $200, it will have machined extruded deck (weird box profile).

that's the thing with Apple, they design something and the build it. Other manufacturers try to balance price, design and manufacturing process but with apple the design has preference.

>$999 for a stand that have nothing more than being "well made"

Attached: unknown.png (583x824, 379K)

it is ridiculously expensive, and it’s an insult that the vesa mount isn’t included in the box.

>if its soldered together then the joints are perfect.
Seems like a great place for it to fail

>extruded aluminium
this big?

This monitor has a fucking fan in it. Some kind of a vent needed to be on it, and they aren't going to make it look like an iMac because it's meant to match the 'Pro' desktop.

Yep. Those are random "T"s, I think you can go bigger

Attached: Aluminum-T-Bar-Extrusion-for-Structural-Applications.jpg (550x407, 38K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1-o3cVrsNcU

ye but look at the shape, the stand has a much longer L that machine muss be massive to press that shit through.

did you ever take a dick sideways?

why did they even choose to make it in a single aluminium block in the first place? "because it looks nice and it's lightweight?"
God damn Apple, it's a fucking monitor stand, not a fighter jet part. You've could made it in stainless steel or even strong plastic no one would bitch about it and it would have been three time cheaper.

Attached: 1473967430619s.jpg (240x250, 9K)

Sure, it would need bigger press.
alibaba.com/product-detail/Heatsink-extrusion-20-to-500mm-wide_62019545561.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.37.2c18448dTvgKXd

You can order 50 cm heatsink to problem. I have doubts stand is bigger.

>no one would bitch about it and it would have been three time cheaper.
Then need people to bitch about it.

If there is a big margin at the maker's end then there is plenty of scope for third-party alternatives.
Expect to see cheaper offerings very soon.
Makers depend on third-parties to give them legitimacy.
Look at covers for tablets; most are for iPads, some are for Samsung's tablets but after that it's pretty sparse.

Mac Pro is reasonable, the monitor, if its what Apple claims, will be a cheap color correction monitor. The stand has absolutely no justification.

I doubt they would extrude it for such a small run.

Its more likely they sawed and then machined it, still doesn't explain the price though.

If the monitor didn't came with those holes you will be crying about thermal issues.
That's a fucking bright monitor. 1600 nits at its peak.

Its a single piece of extruded aluminum with one segment of a monitor arm on it. Probably under $10 parts and labor to make.

My dad can carve this shit out of wood.

>segment of a monitor arm on i
It has to be counterweighted somehow(springs?) so it stays in place and can rotate, so a little more.
Could be sold for $50 if the scale is big enough.

>I wouldn't be able to make a stand under 200$ for sure
apple fanboys everyone

Attached: 1500239067500.gif (500x491, 376K)

>you will be crying about thermal issues.

>implying it wont have thermal issues anyway

>t. epitaph welder.

>Not 3D printing custom equipment to your requirements in 2019 for less than 50$
>Calling others bs as brainlet analogy
>Implying OP's ideology is close to perfection

In 2019, having a proffessionally welded equipment doesnt even cost that much. Give into Apple OP, because thats what you're worth.

Reminder to report these "hello fellow consumers" threads.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

$1500 easel coming through.

Adjustable? haha. Fuck you.

Attached: sc.jpg (1570x970, 143K)

I can't stand it.

Yes it would cost money for a one-off mill order but apple are mass producing this trash.

$999 is fucking ridiculous. Absolutely brainless. For that money, I expect a chunk of M1A2 abrams chobham armor as a stand, not aluminium.

>3rd party

Idiot

People have to realize that working with metal is not easy and making something look so stylish and clean from one of the hardest known substances on earth is damn hard and expensive.
If anything the pricing is on the low side if you consider how much r&d and effort has went into it.
Of course if you think you can do better feel free to try.

>feel free to try.
Okay let me inside the apple factories.

It's literally just a slab of metal and apple have not published any information regarding production costs. Meaning I can safely assume it's $20 or so.

>from one of the hardest known substances on earth
Aluminium?

>one of the hardest known substances on earth
Shit, now you're telling me it's made of diamonds?

And depleted uranium.

SHILL

Jow Forums thinks all those Monster drinks they down makes them experts on aluminum.

Attached: macbook_pro.jpg (500x281, 59K)

When you sell a display for 5k, where the nearest competitor asks multiples of that for a similar display, 1k extra is not much.

>for a similar display
Well they do both display images, I guess.

>Im the only one that thinks that the price isn't that expensive?
yes, get back to work pajeet.

>I'm the only one that thinks-

Yes, you are.
/thread

Attached: 1559997136882.jpg (749x749, 187K)

>He thinks all metals are the same
>He's never heard of a C&C machine
>He thinks an L block of aluminum requires tins of R&D
Imagine still being this stupid as a grown man

I made my 6ft x 4ft CNC frame from aluminum extrusions and it cost me $140
don't dare say you can't make something under $200 lmao, it's at most $20 of aluminum. AFTER being worked. not before.

I reckon it is but I don't see why people are so upset given they will never buy nor ever be forced to. It's not the first insanely overpriced Apple product nor will it be the last so why get so upset?

he meant me, after looking at pic related

Attached: 1559277236504.jpg (600x676, 154K)

Well, made me reply.
You can get a great binocular for that price which has much, much more R&D to it and requires a lot of precision.

OP destroyed in one post

It better be forged in space for that price.

>laser CNC to prevent tool marking
What do you mean by this?

It's overpriced, sure you can buy it but you're paying an Apple brand tax

>aluminum is very easy to manipulation
Gotcha, Pajeet.

Attached: 1424505189945.jpg (874x547, 95K)

>What do you mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=nX12v51LbyM

he probably means this, see those shiny lines?

half of the replies OP got are ad hominems, the posting quality of this board has gone down dramatically.

>stylish and clean
it's a stand. its sole and only purpose is to hold the screen. you're supposed to look at the screen, not the stand

Can you make me one? I'll pay you $150.

$10 worth of metal = $999 stand. go fuck yourself, iTODDLER.
these stands are cast aluminium and then machined. stop pretending to be retarded.
my sides. 10/10.
> being this new
fuck off, newfag. Jow Forums was never good.

I don't think they did it this way.
Probably it was like this.
Casted Aluminum.
Mechanized.
Fine sanded.
Anodized.
It's the cheapest way I can think you can do to get a finished like the stand has.

did you know that pure aluminium is actually as weak as lead or gold?
we don't know what alloy is this stand made of. I doubt it's stronger than steel.

Attached: phpk2Glah.png (603x504, 121K)

All this time talking about an Aluminum stand ,and it turns out it was a titanium one.

Alright, nice bait.
You can make most that stand with a powerdrill and a hand file.

Titanium isn't hard.

If they make it out of Titanium then that would be even WORSE because it is an absolute waste of that material.

May as well make a solid gold sledge hammer.

How bout for a gorillion?

why does it still use two cables i thought usb was finally supposed to get rid of that?

>1600 nits
Doubt.jpg

Probably don't want to pass all that power through the graphics card.
It's gonna be very power hungry.

Oh, also one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports can do up to 95W charging, so you could plug a Macbook into the monitor to power the Macbook and have the monitor receive power from the wall.

No it's made of dragon force.

Then how do they make it?

The ayys gave Jobs the technology in return for fucking his anus. That's where he got AIDS from.

I know you planned it.

Apple know their mindless fans will just buy what ever they make

Apple is more a marketing company then a tech company

he's 100% correct.

Another example would be something like a screw.
Screws are incredibly cheap.
If I had to make one though, I'd need to spend far more money buying the equipment to produce functional screws.
youtube.com/watch?v=-wlht9pPOZw
youtube.com/watch?v=J8vUfLGNfvM
Even after buying the equipment my output would be so much less efficient and slower than a factory that the price per screw would be higher.
That's not even considering screw manufacturers would have deals with their suppliers to save money on the components, deals I haven't got access to.
So then I'd need to spend more money hiring people to negotiate contracts for the supplies.

All that or I could just buy them for 10 cents each.

You don't need the tools to produce it people will make it for you, also your argument relays on the depreciation of our economical systems from the worker passing though the machine and the guy that delivers it to you.

>I don't know shit about metallurgy.
Is hard to work with.

Yes. Perfect logic. If you get slaves to build and maintain the machinery needed to make screws, they would be very cheap.

Or maybe these products are not meant for us.

We live in a time where consumer apologist exist that tell you how good it is you're being ripped off. Truly the digital age rises as a golden dawn. You guys are almost as bad as the horde of youngins these days that live by the creed "anything that makes me or anyone else feel good is acceptable"

>if its soldered together

holy fuck you're retarded op

Also I work with CNC machines, even to custom machine a single hunk of aluminum into those dimensions and finish would cost ~200$. The mechanism for the arm would cost ~50$ including R&D.

this is 100% a case of apple charging 4x the cost of something just because they can because they're apple and itoddlers will buy it anyways.

Also, I'm 99% sure that's not a single piece of machined aluminum because there would be no benefit in this case over just casting it or extruding. Casting an aluminum part like that costs next to nothing. probably ~20$, extruding it would probably cost 30-40$.

TLDR: apple is charging 4x the cost of this thing because they can.

Source: Manufacturing technologist.

the difference is that apple sends the blueprints to foxcon, and they develop all the tooling.

apple isn't you doing a DIY project. Apple is a trillion dollar company with engineers and resources out the ying yang.

>Yes. Perfect logic. If you get slaves to build and maintain the machinery needed to make screws, they would be very cheap.
well that's you logic not mine.

>Source: Manufacturing technologist.
What are you talking about? You're a simple manufacturing technologist, and yet you think you know better than Apple? You think you're smarter than Steeve Jobs? Know your place wagie.

nope, we live in an era with dumb consumers that have no clue how to price anything at all.
They complain how everything is so expensive while not noticing that probably they are buying one of the most complex items ever produced in their lives.
19th you had to throw your whole house to buy a watch and now we buy phones every year. None of you knows how a single sock is even produced anymore let alone a cpu.

>expensive expensive expensive
says the ignorant.

Attached: apple mug.png (489x457, 80K)

>Types in autism

Like I said, consumer apologist. Keep convincing yourself that 2 pounds of aluminum is worth 1000 bucks and you're so smart because it's a complex 2 pound piece of aluminum.

checked and OP's rek'd

>min order 200 pieces

Attached: Heatsink.png (1468x890, 451K)

Props to Apple for using metal instead of the cheap ugly plastic others use. Not only it looks hell lot better, but even more importantly it is environmentally clean compared to the toxic petroleum products used to make plastics. And they've picked Aluminum which doesn't even corrode so its never going to seep into the environment even if someone improperly disposes of it in the years to come. These things matter and as someone who deeply cares about the environment Apple has won me over with that smart move.

Yea, you are in the minority that think that 1k is an ok price for a stand. I say that not because the idea is crazy on its own, but because of the market prices offered by competitors for monitor/stand combos

Checked and kek'd

>2 pounds of aluminum is worth 1000 bucks
never made that argument, classic strawman
said that it was not that expensive.

link to those stands or you pulled it out of your ass

if this was made from something expensive like V shaped carbon fiber
or titanium
or or or
i would have said ok they actually did fucking spend a lot of time trying to make it

but fucking aluminium...