Google Stadia benefits from fast internet

>Google Stadia benefits from fast internet
>Supposed to be a cheap alternative for poorfags
>It's not available in countries with cheap fast internet and cheap living expenses

Isn't Google like... undermining themselves?

Attached: file.png (1024x904, 436K)

Google would have tosell all of their non-shareholders stocks, start an encrypted messenging service called "Al-Qaeda IM", and invest every penny in BitCoin to undermine themselves.
What people fail to realize is that 3/4 of Google's ventures are destined for failure, if not more. They buy up promising tech, see where it goes, then cannabilize it's failed carcass for future-use. A loss for Google does not equate to a loss for the average tech-giant..what's a billion spent when the end-result is your complete dominance in that sector? Hence:
>Google Internet Search
>Gmail
>Chrome Internet Browser
>Android
>Chromebooks
>Chromecast
>Duo
..and more to come. Stadia will be an abject failure, yes..but they are just testing the waters.

The sheep that feed into "gaming as a service" will help fuel this buttcloud march, and trying to break Google up on monopoly charges won't work, because it 's only good as one unit, and that monopoly is needed in certain markets (sorry, EU and larping anarchists).

nothing about it is cheap. you're still paying $170 for a console and controller, then you pay the subscription and get essentially an xbox live experience, and then you pay full price for the AAA titles.

its shit and it'll never work unless they change it

You can literally do it without any of that for a 9 USD subscription fee on your sub 200 dollar Chromebook or Android phone.

Scratch that, you won't need 4k and 5.1, you can literally subscribe the basic free pack, buy the game and play on your Chromebook/Android phone.
You literally pay just for the game and never again and you'll be able to play it on the shittiest device.

This is what I don't get about stadia....the amount of extra money you'd have to spend on fast internet (unless you're living in Korea/Taiwan/Japan/some other very densely populated country with cheap and fast internet) plus the subscription fees can go a long way towards buying a console or PC and/or games that you'd actually own. It really isn't that great of a value proposition.

>>It's not available in countries with cheap fast internet and cheap living expenses
they just pirate everything

Yeah but places like Eastern Europe, the monthly price for fast internet (100Mbps - 500Mbps) is less than a single proper meal.
Something like 35 Mbps is literally the price of a pack of smokes.

It's usually the density populated places that have higher internet costs because the infrastructure is limited per the mass of people using it. At least in the west.

They pirate expensive gaming hardware?

>t. Genius who thinks this will actually work, and will shell out money like an On-Live idiot
They are depending on people like you too find the good things about never owning yokur games, and actually PAYING for the priviledge of never owning your games.
It starts eith games, then ends eith the ultimate goal of an "OS as a service"..while you may find this appealing, I don't. I enjoy owning my own hardware, and having physical copies of the software I install on it, with the option to not upgrade.

yes

Attached: hardware pirate.jpg (986x555, 54K)

Nobody is stopping you. I do too.
Yet I enjoy the idea of having a absolute piece of shit thin client being able to do shit I want, when I need it.

And that's all it is..an "idea". Unless you have Google Fiber and next-to-zero latency, this is a pipe-dream. Even the tech-illiterates covering this understand that.
Why do you think this is some miracle service that will let you play AAA games with no lag, and for cheap?
Why would you give up owning your own stuff (nevermind, zoomers don't own anything but leased phones)?
Why do you want to add EVEN more subscriptions to your life (unless you are some ridiculous poor phoneposter who can't afford a decent PC or a console in the first place)?
Why would you think that this service would somehow make that gidawful netbook-tier Chromebook or set-top box you own magically become as powerful as a decent computer or console?
So many questions, so little answers.

user, you're the one nagging here while I've used services like this to more than satisfiable results on the slow paced games I play, almost a decade ago over ADSL.

Didn't even bother reading more than the first line, looks like plain butthurt over something nobody forces you to use.

>Why would you think that this service would somehow make that gidawful netbook-tier Chromebook or set-top box you own magically become as powerful as a decent computer or console?
it wouldn't but you'd be able to run the same content, just with lag
user is right, you really are retarded and don't even read posts

So I was right, you are a poor phoneposter who can't afford a decent PC or console. No problem, the questions weren't for you anyways, you were mesmerized by "$9 a month" from the start.
I am going to laugh my ass off as reports and reviews of this trash start pouring in. Enjoy.

not even the same person you retard

What's up with the ad hominem all of the sudden? I never called you names.
So you have no valid arguments anymore?

At least you could have addressed my points and arguments, instead of shitposting. Oh well.

Its some butthurt poorfags neckbeard
Just ignore

Same usecase, so no reason to differentiate.

You're right, no need for insults. My apologies to both of you.

God damn, Stadia shills are already at work

A bit too soon

It will only get worse, much much worse..it will look like the Ouya threads here soon.

I'm OP, I think it will be shit experience for the average consumer it's targeting, plus
But I see the appeal if I can access something like a MMORPG for one time buying price from any of my devices while on the move for non-lag critical shit like doing non-combat quests

So shitposts, butthurt and ad hominem, no real arguments against any of the actual points I made?
No need to be sorry, I don't care if you have problems.

Lmao, what points did you make again? I rattled-off a long list of points that either you or the other user willfully ignored.

The entire launch-window list is FPS and twitch-action games except for Football Manager, Farming Simulator and FFXV.
The trainwreck is going to be glorious.

>let's ignore games like ESO
>let's ignore points and arguments by just replying "what points" and "you're the one ignoring poitns"
"no u" is not a valid argument, man are some people butthurt as fuck about what others do

Dude said lmao unironically, you think he has any idea what's even being discussed? He's probaly hyped to be out of school for this school-year.

Normies don't care about lag, even when it's FPS games.

>Oh yeah, ESO!! That completely invalidates my points! Millions of people will subscribe to this on-top of their ESO subscription just to play on toasters!
>Still hasn't told me what "points" he made
>samefagging this hard
>Calls an adult who made an entire list of points a summerchild, while unironically saying "Dude" and arguing ing favor of cloud-gaming

Like I said before, enjoy your service. Goodnight.

>>Oh yeah, ESO!! That completely invalidates my points! Millions of people will subscribe to this on-top of their ESO subscription just to play on toasters!
see
do you even read posts? not even that user but holy shit

Lol this, I was gonna say. Pirating hardware is just robbery or literal physical theft.

it will be big with the older mature business man gamer who travels a lot

oh user, have you read the Windows license? There already is OS as a service.

>Isn't Google like... undermining themselves?
don't care if they all die desu. i pirate all my games like a normal person.

Isn't google just gathering data so they can manipulate everyone?
Imagine being annoyed about a gaming platform when your liberty is slowly being eroded.