Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: youngstallman.png (480x332, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/wiki/Installation-on-Debian-and-Ubuntu
win32assembly.programminghorizon.com/tutorials.html
strawpoll.com/c2zfbcyr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did Microsoft change anything with how udpdates work on W10?

I know a while back they made it so even if you set a network as metered, certain critcial updates would still be forced on you, but in the past like 1-2 weeks i've had 3 seperate forced restarts despite having my connecrtion set as metered Did they make it so that ALL updates are forcred regardless of if the connection is metered?

If I upgrade to pro, is it still possible to disable forced restarts entirely with the group policy editor or did they disable that too?

Why you faggots keep making a new thread when the last one hasn't reached bump limit or is only at page 2-3?

Attached: 1546221544263.jpg (389x379, 53K)

Why do certificate authorities exist? why dont all web servers just encrypt by default?

I need a cheap (~$250) laptop for an upcoming move (can browse web, 1080p, can run low-end applications)

What do you recommend? I don't usually do poverty-tier or laptops, so I'm pretty fucking lost

When I let my computer idle too long, I get something called system interrupt at dam near 100% utilization of one of my CPU cores making it impossible to take a break during my work with out restarting. What could be causing this?
I'm running windows 8 by the way.

I’m not Jewish. Does this mean I can’t ever be a good programmer

Is Honeyview still the Jow Forums approved image viewer?

because fuck you, that's why

Attached: 131.png (389x379, 133K)

Is it OK if I delete "PUM.Optional.DisableMRT" in Malwarebytes, or could this fuck my computer up?

Never mind, I found out it was a bad driver for my midi controller

Can you use an unlocked phone from the AT&T network with Verizon? Not getting responses from /SPG/. I have a Samsung S7 Active.

bumpoing this

>Logged in as an Administrator
>This PC only has 1 account that I use and it's Administrator
>"You require permission from (My account name) to make change to this file."
>Give permission
>Error "You require permission from (My account name) to make change to this file."
Switching to Win 10 was a mistake. Even if I get it for free.

Attached: 1555688595200.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Awhile ago I saw a video on jewtoob, about some guy that seemed to know what he was talking about and he was talking about a radio tower (maybe a cell tower?) and he was standing beneath it and explaining that these things had so much power that they could be weaponized at any second and completely fry the area. He then went on to point to some transformers? (I don't know much about electrical engineering) on the ground and how there were five or six of them with big black cables running up the tower. He said it only takes one of those to transmit the radio waves and the others are overkill meant to fry us whenever they wanted to activate them. He was maybe in Southern California and talked about how they were all over the area to even destroy us. Something about bill gates too but I don't remember.
I tried to find this video to post it on here to ask if any of what he said was legit or not, but I can't find it anymore, does anyone know what vid I'm talking about? It seems recently they changed the recommended sidebar to exclude conspiracy type of videos so I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have it?

>I tried to find this video to post it on here to ask if any of what he said was legit or not
from your description it sounds like a load of bs

Can someone do me a solid if they're on Windows 10? Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task manager shortcut). Does you CPU usage display as 100% briefly in task manager before dropping down?

Can't move my legs since I woke up and no feeling in them either, been about 4 hours but do you think it'll get better on its own?

ExecTI can help sometimes if windows decides to be an asshole

How long would you guys estimate a nobrand PSU from a pre-built would last? I've had it for 6+ years and my pc stopped booting up yesterday. Really hoping it's just the PSU.

Attached: india_lets_go_boys.jpg (640x640, 99K)

Any way to externally reflash a nonresponsive android tablet that I can't get into recovery mode?

Please, this is a VERY urgent question I have: So I have come aware that my brand new PC monitor (the ViewSonic 24" 1080p 1ms 144 Hz Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Eye Care Advanced Ergonomics HDMI and DP (XG2401) ) has a red, seemingly stuck pixel. It's not dead, since it's not black, but please, I need to know HOW to fix this.

I have tried rubbing the screen with a screen wipe and doing that trick, and right now I am running undead-pixel like other online sources are telling me too, but I beg of anyone who can: how do I fix this? Do I run UDP while the monitor is off? What should I do?

Just because it's encrypted doesn't mean it's from the source you think it's from though. That's where the certificate authority comes in.
It displays as 50% briefly, with task manager being the top one. I do have an i7 so with hyperthreading. Weird.
I'd go to a doctor if it lasted more than an hour.
I'd guess less than 6 years definitely, but I'd also guess it would go in a spectacular and flaming fashion.

JScreenFix

>I'd guess less than 6 years definitely, but I'd also guess it would go in a spectacular and flaming fashion.
Fans start spinning for 1 sec then it restarts and spins for a second again. Just loops like this. No POST beep or anything.

Running this now, it says it should only take 10 minutes, right? I’m just not sure how it all works. Thanks for the suggestion user. Hopefully it will help.

Im getting started in film and I need a decent hard drive to hold my RAW files.

But from what I can tell the HDD's im looking at (4TB is really cheap right now) are only big enough to hold like 3 hours of footage. So I'm thinking is there some better data solution than your standard portable hdd? In Australia the usual rate is about $30/TB

Should I learn Lisp if I hate Jews?

Never actually had to use it myself. Good luck though.

Oh okay, thanks user.
If anyone else has used it, and know if I should leave my screen on or not while it runs, please let me know.

>1TB/hr
What codec are you using? LOL

Obviously you leave the display on. How else do you think it's gonna work?

HDDs are about the most cost efficient for TB/$. Over in Europe and America at least, the Western Digital My Book 8TB and Elements 8TB go on sale fairly often for about 17€ to 20€ per TB, but that's about 30 Australian Dollars converted I think. There's also a Best Buy variant in the US that's essentially the same that goes on sale as well.
Only thing more cost efficient is tapes I think, and those are not suitable for this.
Also, maybe look into slightly compressing the footage. I think it's pretty common to compress to something with a bitrate of about 1 Gigabyte/minute even for professional use. I'm not sure about this though.

Really? I know my friend told me that SSD had become a better price to space than traditional HDDs in recent year, with the only real advantage of HDD being that they have a larger total size.

Definitely wrong.

Your friend is an idiot. SSDs have being cheaper in space/$, but only compared to earlier SSDs, not HDDs.

8k 60fps?

BRAW 3:1. The old pro res used way to space per hour.

yeah the 8TB mybooks occassionally go on specially but it only drops to `27-28 per TB at best

your friends an idiot or just misinformed, he probably saw that you can get 1tb drives for ~150 now and was like oh wow

4k60 BRAW 3:1

>but it only drops to `27-28 per TB at best
That's about comparable to Europe's pricing, I think that's your cheapest option.

Windows 7 as host, Debian-based distro (with SysVinit) as VirtualBox guest.

Does dnscrypt-proxy installed on the host affect outcoming internet connections made by the guest unless some VirtualBox network settings are changed?
And how to properly configure dnscrypt-proxy on that guest, assuming that its default IP/DNS configs are unchanged beforehand? In other words, does github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/wiki/Installation-on-Debian-and-Ubuntu works on that very VM?

how come gas is more expensive in Europe than in the US?

It's 4-9 euro cents per kWh here, what's it in the US?

How do I improve my patience and concentration? I have to read documentation for some projects I'm working on and I get easily impatient, skim through the text to find what I think I need and miss important info in the process.
Same with programming and missing obvious mistakes like typos in variable names

thinkpad

does turning on the "Prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser" setting in the tor browser stop sites from viewing tor's resolution? or is that seperate?

How do I download a specific file from a google drive zip file without actually downloading the whole file?

I just want 1 .dll file and I don't really want to download the whole thing all over again desu

11-21 burger cents per kWh residential

I don't think you can

link/dll name? i have a vps with pretty fast internet access

just moved into a new apartment in a new town, and got home internet from a new ISP.

when i do a speedtest, it shows a solid line just over 200mbps, no variance, but then trying to download my steam library, it looks like pic related.

Is this just because steam's servers are garbage or is this my connection causing problems? how can i tell?

Attached: 2019-06-09 (2).png (1920x1080, 456K)

problem could be anywhere between you and the steam servers, jesse
try not to worry too much that's a very decent speed

Possible that they "favor" speed test pages and throttle others to make it seem fast.
You could try downloading some other big file from other less popular sites and check the speeds you get there.

Try a file from ftp://ftp.inode.at/
even if it probably won't get your max speed because of distance, but it shouldn't cut out as much as steam does.

How can i monitor the download to see if the speed or connection falter?

Is 25 inch too small for a 1440p monitor or does the difference between 25 and 27 inch really make much of a difference?

I'm going to replace my old shitty 21.5 1080p monitors with new monitors, but my desk isn't big enough for two 27 inch monitors side by side along my studio monitors, so I have to go with 25 inch.

who thought it was worthwhile to make Cut also copy the deleted text and why?

is this a joke?

no seriously why

that's the purpose of cut
it's not a delete operation, the idea is rather than make a copy in the clipboard, it "moves" the data into the clipboard

Best premium VPN?

thats redundant. just use copy and make cut a delete key.

anyone who uses a clipboard to manage multiple copies of text is a faggot

this reminds me of an article about the design process of Windows 95
at one point, a cut operation in explorer had the file disappear, but some test users mistook it for a delete operation, and were surprised when the file came back when cutting something else (since unlike most text editors, explorer only uses cut as 'half' of a move operation, and won't actually move anything until it's pasted somewhere else)

>thats redundant. just use copy and make cut a delete key.
it's as redundant as any other kind of move operation, moving data is a very common thing to do, so it makes sense to have a shorthand for it (moving is nearly always internally a copy+delete operation)

But why not just use the delete key to delete? Then you can use cut to cut. It's almost like they thought this out before implementing it.

>why have a right click menu at all if we can just use keyboard shortcuts lulz
There are plenty of times where right-clicking is more convenient than using two hands to shortcut

... are you ok? he didn't write anything close to that
you do know there's a delete key on your keyboard, right?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (714x536, 172K)

There's typically a right-click -> delete option as well, though. Also, why do you need to use two hands to press one delete key? Or any Ctrl- combination, for that matter - there are two Ctrl keys on normal keyboards.

Are you ESL?

>just press the delete key you dont need it in the menu lol
>but we need a copy and paste thing on the menu! (even though we have a shortcut)

Just accept that Cut is fucking stupid

oh wait, you're not talking about ctrl+x, but right click>cut? ... in a text editor? ... to delete text?
what is wrong with you? seriously.

Attached: a.png (424x197, 21K)

You're asking one thing, implying that people who reply answered an entirely different question, and then arguing something else. Get help and have another (you)

I won't accept that it's stupid because I use it regularly - as I do copy, paste and delete. They each have their use-case.

dude, nearly every text editor has both cut and delete in the context menu, and they do different things
this isn't about whether there's shortcuts, since you can do both easily with either the keyboard or the mouse, both with one hand

i don't even want to know how the fuck someone can think using a mouse is more convenient in a text editor, of all things

TorGuard

I've got a question that pierces right into the heart of stupid.
I downloaded files off of win32assembly.programminghorizon.com/tutorials.html (the four "whole packages" set) and each one was flagged as containing viruses by my browser.
I downloaded them anyway and can't (currently) see anything wrong with them: I suspect that they trigger virus warning because they contain EXE files of each example.

That leads to my question: how exactly does a browser determine whether a download contains malicious software?
Also, I haven't just downloaded an ass-load of viruses just now, have I?

I've read up a tad about it and it doesn't make much sense to me: my browser (Firefox, in this case) apparently uses Google's Safe Browsing Service, but the language they use practically presumes that the file(s) in question are malicious, which I'm not satisfied with; hence my question.

Attached: 1489360967125.jpg (518x768, 77K)

It's Geany?

yes, that's geany

I use a little bit of scaling at 27, so I'd say 25 is definitely pushing it. 1440 goes up to 32 inch really well. It's a shame there aren't more 28-29 inch monitors.

should we make an irc for >>>/sqt/? i'll get it on rizon or something right now if we get some results on this poll
strawpoll.com/c2zfbcyr
fuck trannies

1440p at 32 inch would give me less PPI than my 21.5 inch 1080p monitor, so there wouldn't really be much point in doing that.

I have been considering getting one big monitor and one smaller 16:10 monitor to use in portrait mode, but I'd still prefer having two of the same monitors that can both fit on my desk horizontally so I'm not forced to use one monitor in portrait mode all the time.

This is true, it's equal to a 23 inch 1080. Problem is when scaling breaks down, it really breaks down, so going smaller than 27 can create problems. Also 27 is just a really good size, and an appreciable difference over 25. There's no reason the monitors need to be the same size, even if they're both landscape.

> There's no reason the monitors need to be the same size, even if they're both landscape.
Nah, you're right, I'd just prefer to have two of the same monitors since it looks better.

But I'll probably just go with a 27 inch 1440p monitor and a 24 inch 1080p 16:10 monitor. They end up being less than half an inch of a difference in height with the difference in aspect ratio anyways, so it won't look as out of place as my current monitors do.

The average person doesn't interact too much with asm and most of the time they're some obscure malware so instead the antivirus flags all of them as a positive

Why do I get phone app notifications quicker when on 4G than my WiFi?

How do I disable my laptops internal Bluetooth but still be able to use a dongle? Whenever I use my headphones or mouse, my wifi goes downhill. Pic related.

Attached: completeWasteOfFuckingTime.png (512x512, 26K)

Asking again, is there any way to share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7? They don't seem to see each other over the network, so I'm looking for any solution.

Any modem reccomendations? I don't think it matters too much because I'm going to put it in bridge mode anyway but it's far cheaper to buy my own than to lease from my ISP. I've done some digging and found little to no recomendations on modems.

Goddamnit son, you didn't even tell us what kind of ISP you have.

Serious stupid question: why can't we have several passwords per web service?

I suppose it would encourage their users to memorize new passwords. It may also be used with more stringent password conditions.

If you don't already know what to do, it's going to be a shitty IRC

use-case?

What for?
If you can't remember passwords for sites then your password strategy seems to suck.
Use a password manager and unique passwords for each. It'll autofill them. No need to even know the passwords anymore.

Anyone know any good file sync/backup software similar Syncthing?
Preferably open source

I like syncthing, but it doesn't seem to support public sharing or streaming content ( so i don't have to have a copy of every file on every computer)

Attached: revisions1.png (1140x640, 1013K)

there's syncthing-lite for android, which acts as a client only (doesn't sync, just browses shares)
for non-sync purposes, i'd recommend SSH (SFTP)

Can I be rich with a programming job?

How to bring back old webm player in chrome
spooks have deleted the enable-modern-media-controls flag

Is there some program with which I can take fast screenshots i.e. something like one press takes 5 screenshots a second or something like that instead of manually pushing everytime?

People usually call it botnet nowadays. Not sure how true those claims are.
For Windows IrfanView and JPEGView seem to be popular choices (in addition to Windows' native image viewer).

How the fuck do I completely disable roaming on my android phone, I was wanking in the bathroom at work and my phone kept switching to 5 bars LTE roaming despite having a perfectly functioning 2 bars LTE native, I COULDN'T CUM BEFORE MY BREAK WAS OVER BECAUSE I KEPT HAVING TO SWITCH BACK EVERY 2 MINUTES AND NETWORK SCANMING TAKES AGES PLEASE HELP ME SO THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I heard cc cleaner is kinda bullshit now. What should I use to get rid of the bullshit slowing down my PC? is malwarebytes still legit? thanks

An SSD.
Besides that check with autoruns for any crap that installed itself and disable it.

Malwarebytes does something different.

no, ssd wont change this

cleaner works fine, what happened?

on windows and linux holding down win+print screen takes rapido screenshots

depends, google programmers are 300k starting, game dev are 18k starting

theres no reason you cant, but the question is why do you want this?

why? irc is good but why does every thread and board need so many ircs?

To prolong life of lion battery you must never fully discharge it, and also not fully charge it.
This means in a laptop, you get 50% advertised work time, but you are fucked anyway if you use laptop plugged to the wall.
Unless you have easily removable battery.

?