Pending updates. Restart

>Pending updates. Restart.
>No 'Restart Now' option on Windows Update.
>Decides fuck it and starts playing some Gaymes.
>Windows Popup - Hey we have some updates for you, click to restart now
>Annoying popups continuously
>Quits game, cant find the same restart now option anywhere

Poorly designed OS yet nothing comes close to this. The state of this world.

This happened 4 times today and I am beyond pissed.

Attached: 908a813937b24f8f36e459be0c067ec9.jpg (800x800, 44K)

Windows is only good for games so Linux and Windows should be swapped

GNU > Mac OS > shit > Android x86 > Windows

using windows in 2019

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa god you're so discusting

Objectively and undeniably this

>No 'Restart Now' option on Windows Update.
There is though

Attached: restartnow.jpg (794x526, 38K)

It didnt appear for me.

What is active hours

you know you can simply restart your computer the normal way and it will still apply updates you dont need the reminder bubble

Lies. You are a pc brainlet and brainletta is your sassy black cuck master.

Attached: 4L_nnffRtzP.png (200x300, 25K)

>too stupid to use windows
yeah, stick to macos

macOS is much better than Windows.

How?
Is it Apple's programs, GUI, security or intuitiveness? Something else?

Windows gives more choices. Someone who has always used Apple has to adapt to a new GUI might be hard for some. I think windows is more feature rich. You do have to know more on windows and know how to install programs with web browser.

Imagine having to restart your system for updates to take place. Winblows fags are pathetic

Attached: laughingbossfromspiderman.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Try dealing with it in a business environment

Oyyyyyy gevalt

macOS is UNIX. It has all the functionality of a UNIX or UNIX-like system. I can use the same shell scripts I use on GNU for organisation and efficiency. The best part of macOS is that everything works well in addition to it being UNIX. Networking is simple and easy, file management and mounting external drives works without a hitch, Aqua has the most useful features of any DE I have used. It's a polished system based on UNIX. That's why it is good.
>You do have to know more on windows and know how to install programs with web browser.
That's retarded. Get a package manager. You're proud of the fact that you have to manually upgrade all your software? I just run a single command to install all my programs and another command to upgrade them. It's easy. Windows is so far behind. And don't get me started on the way it handles libs. That shit would make anyone hate it.

Windows has linux kernal and powershell.
Programs are auto updating. There is windows store but it lacks programs.

Isnt mac lacking on programs compared to windows? Mac doesnt support nvidia gpus and some random periphals. Mac GUI is not customizable. Less performant than windows. Locked and under Apple's rule.

Windows 10 has forced telemetry. Windows 10 is not best for 24/7 server use. Updates need restart but they are about to change so restart is not required.

>Windows has linux kernal and powershell.
PS is shit and their compatibility layer for "Linux" is terrible. Severely limited, especially when it comes to actually interfacing with the OS.
>Programs are auto updating
Why would you want that either? I want to be able to manually upgrade packages, and be able to upgrade them all at once while being able to exclude some.
>Isnt mac lacking on programs compared to windows?
No. Windows is lacking compared to macOS, in my opinion. All good CLI software needs hacks to run in Windows.
>Mac doesnt support nvidia gpus
Well, macOS still supports some NVIDIA GPUs. But they were always worse than AMD anyway, since NVIDIA wrote crap drivers for macOS and would not disclose everything to Apple, whereas AMD allows Apple to write their own drivers with full access. Apple is dropping NVIDIA, but not for a while yet, since they still have legacy hardware to support.
>Mac GUI is not customizable
It is more so than Windows. I can install multiple different window managers on macOS if I want to.
>Less performant than windows
macOS runs a lot smoother than Windows. It always has. The hardware/software integration is far better with Macs. Windows has always been a slow, buggy mess.
>Locked and under Apple's rule.
A great deal of macOS is free software.
>Windows 10 has forced telemetry.
All versions of Windows since XP have been confirmed to spy on the user.

Windows has Linux kernel but is not Unix based so you may as well just use a Unix based instead of booting up windows to do it. Powershell is a joke. Honestly, the whole windows ecosystem of jumping through hoops to get a productive environment up is not worth it. I'm glad I found Linux and Mac.

>lacking in programs
Maybe if you're a normie retard. Microsoft provides its main office suite for Mac which is all the windows you need in a business environment

Good talk.
So can linux do everything and more than macOS?
Why would someone limit themselves to macOS?
Isnt macOS for snobs that have superiority complex?
MacOS is only by default on Apple made computers doesnt this mean that you get bad hardware?
You cant dual boot because of the security chip. Why support Apple? Do your peers pressure you to have one?

For most people windows is what they need, right? MacOS is not good for them. Recommending it is malicious unless you specify for what use case and what it cant do.
Shouldnt non normies use linux rather than macOS?

I have windows update disabled until it’s time for me to press “check for updates” button.

>Business environment
>Using MAC
Get a load of this guys bullshit.

It's called Linux. GNU is just the company that made a few of the built-in programs on Linux.

Of the last 4 companies I worked for, I used Mac to great effect like everyone else there. I used Linux at another and it was great, but you do end up wanting to use Microsoft office/Skype/etc, things that are on mac

GNU > powergap > Android > BSD > Windows > MacOS

Utter shit hardware compatibility. It's unusable.

>Microsoft office/Skype
Both on linux. M$O is a webapp now. And google office is superior to it last time I checked.

Windows 10 is really fucking awful. Run win 7 or 8.1.

>PS is shit and compatibility layer for Linux is terrible
PS is not shit and has its own application for power users. I dont want to imagine you find any reason why people will limit themselves to something just because "you" found it "shit".
>Programs are auto-updating
You wouldn't, but the average user doesn't know about this shit so they take it upon themselves to update the software and drivers.
Using a couple of braincells you can find how to stop the programs from auto-updating and using a enterprise grade package manager for updating software like Chocolatey.
>Windows is lacking programs
This is a huge ass bullshit because finding apps for Mac is impossible for certain as compared to Windows. However this is subjective and I can understand why you feel so.
>macOS is dropping Nvidia
Just because AMD has shared for full open access doesn't make Nvidia the bad guy. Nvidia doesn't give full support because a locked ecosystem doesn't deserve another corporates locked system.
Alternatively Nvidia has developed and improved their support for Linux pretty good so there's that.
AMD designed the x64 instruction set and made it open making them more successful, doesn't mean Nvidia has to. Nvidia developed it before them.
>MacGUI is not customizable
Subjective. I can change and make how my Windows look by tweaking the registry and using third party open source software. I have never seen a customized Mac Interface.
>macOS performance
macOS is a locked ecosystem. Your justification that a lot of macOS is free doesn't make it any better. Hardware software integration is better because each component is soldered onto the system ans cannot be upgraded. I am specifically talking about the Macbooks. Alternatively if Windows were given only a set to components to operate with(HDD, battery manufacturer, SSD, wireless drivers) Windows will perform better.
>Forced telemetry
True, but the average user doesn't care and if you do, you can block it easily.

>both on Linux
Last time I checked, full support was not there and it was lacking. If that's different now, then I definitely would enjoy going back to Linux for work instead of just home

>Why does windows do this frens
Why does windows fucks with tech illiterate frogshitters? idk but it's doing god's work.

you're fucking retarded if updates bother you in 2019, it takes one google search to learn how to disable them
also
>not using LTSB/LTSC

>gaymers on Jow Forums moaning about faults in Windows
>Linux has moderate game support, full support for pretty much everything else and sane update model
>don't want to use Linux because 'no life' despite choosing their OS for vidya

When did Jow Forums get like this?

>PS is not shit and has its own application for power users
Shit language, pain to use, limited compared to real shells. It may be the best Windows can get, but it still sucks.
>but the average user
I seriously couldn't give less of a shit about "the average user".
>Chocolatey
Jesus. Don't compare Chocolatey to any decent package manager in the future, please. It isn't enterprise grade, it isn't even consumer grade.
>This is a huge ass bullshit because finding apps for Mac is impossible for certain as compared to Windows
Fuck off. You can't even get the GNU coreutils working on Windows without hacks and/or a compatibility layer.
>Just because AMD has shared for full open access doesn't make Nvidia the bad guy. Nvidia doesn't give full support because a locked ecosystem doesn't deserve another corporates locked system.
No, Nvidia doesn't do it because they can't price gouge as much if they did.
>Alternatively Nvidia has developed and improved their support for Linux pretty good so there's that.
I would disagree wholeheartedly on that. The NVIDIA drivers on GNU are so severely limited (whether purposefully or not) that I would never recommend a GNU user buy NVIDIA. I am not alone in this. Most GNU users hold disdain for NVIDIA.
>AMD designed the x64 instruction set and made it open making them more successful
It's called x86-64 or AMD64, and they did not make it open. Because it is based on 32-bit x86 they were legally obligated to share it with Intel.
>I can change and make how my Windows look by tweaking the registry and using third party open source software. I have never seen a customized Mac Interface.
You literally can change the window manager on macOS. That isn't just changing how it looks. You are basically running a modified X server on macOS so of course it is more customisible.

>Hardware software integration is better because each component is soldered onto the system ans cannot be upgraded
No, because that isn't true at all for most products. It is better because Macs are designed for certain hardware configurations. Windows does not perform better. It doesn't matter what you say about certain components. My point is that macOS, because the software and hardware are better integrated by design, runs better.
>but the average user doesn't care
Again, I don't give a shit about the average user. I'm talking to you, not some marketing firm. Fuck the average user, they can worry about themselves.
>you can block it easily.
You can't. It has been shown time and time again that it may only be blocked with an updating blocklist at router level.

Unplug ethernet cable just before playing game. Updates will.not happen. Duh.

>updating
>in 2019

Attached: 1482300053316.jpg (960x960, 294K)

Yes, it's a massive fuck up but it can be easily solved by scripts. Something something winprivacy fix or what those things are called.
No need to make 200 thread a year about this shit, you dumb cunt.

>It is better because Macs are designed for certain hardware configurations.
Exactly my point. If you have an highly-engineered device that doesn't support modularity, customization and upgradability you better believe it performs good than the competition. You just rephrased what I said in a slightly different manner.
It isn't modular.
It isn't utilitarian.
It will perform better.
However in 2019 I can get better windows laptops as compared to macbook in a price/performance.
>I don't give a shit about the average user
Then who are we talking about here?
The whole corporate architecture of Apple and Windows is to mass sell as many as laptops to the general public. Not some edgy proffessional like the new iMac Pro was made for. It is, was and always will be for the average user and Macbooks were never made for ppwer users - CPU throttling, HT patches and weak design in terms of thermal.
>You "can't" block it easily
I can and I have via windows, I monitored all my traffic and make sure I block them. Again, this is not meant for the average user only power users, which I am capable to block.
Also speakimg about telemetry how do you believe that Apple won't "steal" your data and use it. Recent news says iTunes data has been marketed for and sold by Apple. Apparently I am not trusting any of my data with a corporate because capitalism. Be it Mac or Windows. The fact that you trust Apple more than Windows baffles me because Apple has been caught doing sketchy things in the past.

>better windows laptop
ew, but yeah better specced laptop means better Linux laptop instead, which has better business software support nowadays

linus only wrote the kernel and never wanted it to be full blown os
the operating system was all part of GNU project initiatives

You do realise when you will restart your pc (what you been fucking asked to) you will start your update?

>Shit language, pain to use, limited compared to real shells.
I don't want your sentiments or how you feel about PS. But I respect your opinion. Doesn't mena it reflects on the opinion of the generla public.
>Don't compare Chocolatey to any decent package manager in the future, please.
Point noted.
>You can't even get the GNU coreutils working on Windows without hacks and/or a compatibility layer.
This is more of a con, but I understand your job or field requires you to need it to use your utilities on windows.
>Nvidia doesn't do it because they can't price gouge as much if they did.
Capitalism vs Capitalism.
Nobody wins. Its good thought that AMD is milking this situation.
Speaking of price gouging neither can Apple.
>Most GNU users hold disdain for NVIDIA.
I dont give a shit about them. It has served my purpose well. Like you said, I dont give a shit about the general public.
>AMD was legally obligated to share with intel
It was a cross licensing agreement where Intel would share patents on the x86 and AMD will share the x64. It is well know that AMD developed it and benefited from it and Intel had to follow them because AMD was successful in converting it to an industry standard.
>Modified X server on macOS
Sounds cool, I have never seen a customized macOS screen though.

If Linux is better than windows why are there no distros that come with normal support for normal hardware and there are always issues of some sort?

Why do I have to spend more than an hour looking into power management on my laptop to get anywhere close to what windows gets me? Why am I unable to update my bios with Linux? Why does Nvidia Optimus suck shit?

This world is about money, as long as poor fags keep downloading Linux, and people don't buy Linux designed machines windows will be superior. An operating system should control hardware and give maximum support. Linux is lacking the support. The only thing Linux gives you is software control.

Go buy system76 for your next computer if you want to prove me wrong. Normal people have better shit to do than tinker in their OS

*fucks up your dependencies*
>CLI software
>good

I just can't be on the side of Linux when it lacks important applications like Google Drive File Stream and the complete Office 365 suit.
Like it or not, these are industry standards and being a contrariam will never help you professionally.

I've personally never had issues using linux at work. I use mostly Ubuntu flavours like kubuntu though which is realtively easymodo but I still find I'm more productive when it comes to programming in a corporate setting

So, what's better. A Hackintosh that's fully working or installing a GNU/Linux distro?

Bump.

have straight sex

Why not gay?

GNU