Son of a bitch

Son of a bitch...

Attached: whenwasthisathingiwantitnow.png (1392x920, 1.76M)

imagine being this autistic

How does this comment even relate? Did you just say that to say that?

what even the fuck

wrong thread kid

o_O

Attached: heaven.gif (400x225, 1.71M)

Attached: AX3x0268.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

They were pretty cool at the time.

this is what we thought the future would be like.
Sad.

That's fucking awesome why is this not standard?

Attached: 1557975971178.jpg (500x375, 31K)

Ah, libshit arts graduate. How naive.

Jow Forums is a liberal website, you need to go back.

Finally! a decent laptop keyboard!
When is this coming to Macbooks?

Reliability issues I presume. You could probably get decent service out of them if your make them out of stamped steel, but spending a whole buck on something that could be made for 5ยข out of plastic not gonna fly in today's industry.

liberal right wing
*dabs*

>when HP was still good

hey, tradie
can you fix the toilet
thanks
here's $50 for your trouble

at least he got paid lamo

>Can't fix the toilet by xirself

those things are flimsy as fuck and the mechanism tend to fail after 6 months

$175 actually and it usually only takes an hour

Thanks that's my hourly salary no tax how's that college loan working out for you

I fucking wish macs would get that just so I can drink all the tears when they start breaking.

A hour's work fixing a toilet would be more like $75 to show up and $75 per hour. You'd get sued in small claims court if you only paid $50. You should probably not live online much longer if that is representative of your world views.

Attached: 1559322860662.jpg (3072x2304, 576K)

damn i miss those giant dells, lost my lignux virginity on one of those machines.
those were the days *sips*

check'd

LGR (probably) had a video about this particular laptop going into detail why this design hasn't caught on.

>pic
lel, that's a pretty good idea, no need to plug in kb/mouse

Apple designers BTFO

Attached: Retro Pepe.png (800x800, 596K)

Alt-right are yesterday liberals.

>mice are so inconvenient to have to pack and setup!
hold my beer

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (450x348, 21K)

>pic
Oh fuck, carpal tunnel incoming

huh? that's the same way i hold my regular mouse

never, since Apple hates anything mechanical

Really very nice but where do you put the wifi card?

most older laptops had 2 pcmcia slots
most newer ones had built-in wifi

I don't need to imagine. I already am.

mini pcie slot
or cardbus

you mean miniPCI slot, we are talking about pcmcia here, not expresscard

I wish they continued this on further generations of thinkpads
seems really useful, the secondary keypad on the actual keyboard is barely useable

>carpal tunnel
inferior human spotted

this makes my peepee the big peepee

Attached: 1552253524709.jpg (400x400, 21K)

too many moving parts, too many points of failure. Probably the same reason the 360 hinge won over the swivel in 2-in-1 laptops.

plus the transition to 16:9 display standard meant you could usually get a full sized kb in a 12" laptop anyway.

>what does this button do, user.
it starts XFECES

> using the laptop's screen as a monitor stand
> left side of the screen looks like is breaking/warping
wow. what a stupid bitch.

She is clearly too woke for you
sorry bro

>She is clearly too woke for you
probably for the best. wouldn't want someone like me that's not woke telling a roastie not to use an LCD screen to support the weight of a montior while beating her to death with said monitor.

Plummaging through someone else's shit infested water on your hands and knees for an hour for $175. People have no respect for you and quite literally shit all over your hard work. Your parents must be disappointed.

yeah but legit tho
chill

I have no idea what compels normies to run laptop desktop replacement setups with an external monitor
the pic rel in the reply is just pants on head

don't know what your talking about, thats an ibm thinkpad not a crapple pos

>be woman
>imbued from birth with empathy for all living things
>own computer
>treat it like disposable garbage

>be man
>culturally expected to have no empathy or emotion
>own computer
>treat it like a living friend and spend significant time caring for it

Attached: 1472266642697.jpg (640x632, 108K)

>empathy for all living things
HhaAHAAHAHahahHA written by a woman or a permanent virgin? hard to tell. either way, so wrong.

damn it why aren't there chink knowoffs of this

I really wish. Perhaps you should glue a tiny usb numlock into a Ultrabay CD drive

normies using laptops as desktop replacements really gets my goat
i work at office depot and every day I have to explain to some retard that using a laptop this way just wrecks the battery and they're better off with an AIW.
I don't know how many people, women especially, have asked about battery maintenance and are still treating them like Ni-Cads, with full discharges before recharging and other dumb shit.
I wish laptop manufacturers would build a machine that, when plugged in, uses the battery like a UPS and doesn't draw or charge unless necessary, but then they won't make as much money from retards buying replacements in two years when the Chinese 18650s crap out from being charged 95-100% every day

empathy requires the intelligence to wield it effectively and most people just don't, so I see where you've acquired your simpleminded viewpoint: women are indeed bitches.
that doesn't mean they don't have the capacity, society has made them jaded and bitter just like men.

Yeah man, what the fuck I want a numpad that flops around like a trampoline when I use it

I'm sure there'd be a workaround for that.

It has a fold out foot iirc

You fix it then.

Laptop with busted screen hooked up to an external is a prime poverty station. If you're even more broke, take the thinpad motherboard and plug it into a dock and use that

I can pay a Mexican $30 and he'll do it with a smile on his face. Stop larping tradie.

what is even this :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

>this guy has never paid for labor in his life
You don't own a home or you would know why you don't do that.

what the fuck am I looking at?

a compootah

Because it's cheaper to make 88% key pitch swill for mini laptops and people lap it up.

poverty stations are chromebooks now m8

This thing is why I miss PCMCIA slots.

Attached: pcmcia mouse.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Fuck you beat me to it.

What? How does this work?

It's a bluetooth mouse that fits in a PCMCIA/CardBus slot and charges off the power pins.

>and charges off the power pins
HOT

Too bad these kind of ideas died off over the years.

Attached: W700ds.jpg (1600x1200, 203K)

all to macbook tier "muh minimalism". I really miss features on laptops. Remember dedicated buttons for audio control or playback?

Lenovo actually had software which would disable charging when the battery made it to a specific point then reenable it when it dropped low enough.

>Remember dedicated buttons for audio control or playback?
macbooks have/had this for a very long time

The 360 hinge is an Intel reference design, meaning they probably subsidized any laptop using it

This is a Macbook, no they don't. Sacrificing function key row is something Thinkpad fans hate as well. Good thing mine still has dedicated ones for volume.

Attached: macbook_keyboard.jpg (1177x786, 298K)

Which is a shame, because it's way better than holding a keyboard against your palms in tablet mode.

>half-height arrow keys despite oodles of whitespace below keyboard

Fuck this gay earth.

Not to mention the asymmetrical touchpad when it's related to your typing position. Maybe 1/4 of it gets covered by your left palm while the right palm covers at least 2/4, maybe a little more.

Now that's a face I haven't seen in a while.
Bless you, Simon.

And no Page-up, Page-down, Home, End, Insert or actual Delete key (as opposed to a backspace key with Delete as a label). They feel like shit to type on, as well.
The only worthwhile thing that likely came from Macbook keyboards is backlighting.

Because no one uses 4:3 anymore.

Noice

>Jow Forums is a liberal website, you need to go back.
fuck off goon

That one's shit though.

Wow thanks so hellpfull

Lol ok sperg, way to ruin funposting with cringe cope

Attached: fujitsu-lifebook-u938-first-takeethernet.jpg (370x763, 56K)

If you press the mouse on the mouse, does another even smaller mouse pop out of it?

Attached: s.aolcdn.com.jpg (600x350, 110K)

It hungers.

I think he was asking how does it track movement? is the sensor on the tip ?

"Don't look at me or my son ever again."

I thought only HP did this, it's a cool concept but it's worse than a trackpad or pointing stick.

Attached: photo_2019-06-10_00-34-05.jpg (750x750, 56K)

>dual monitor gimmick
>ten square kilometers of bezel
I hate thinkshit so much.

>surprised old laptop has big bezels
I hate retards so much.

Seethe harder dumbass

excuse me, i was born after the year 2000 and don't have time for your vintage crap.

kys boomer.