Botnet/Browser

Redpill me on Firefox.
Why it isn't a botnet and why should i drop chrome for firefox?

Attached: botnet.jpg (300x300, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html
ftp.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
zdnet.com/article/mozilla-changes-firefox-apis-developers-unhappy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

EVERYTHING IS BOTNET

BUT ITS NOT A TENTACLE OF T H E BOTNET

SPREAD YOUR BOTNET AROUND

oh user i don't know how to tell you
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/mozilla.html

So I read all of that and I'd like to say this to the author: chill out autist, its just a browser.

I SKIMMED IT AND ITS JUST A BIG RANT CUS THEY BANNED HIM LMAO, SOME GUY NAMED FLIPPUS FLIPPING OUT

FIREFOX HAS A FEW DEFAULTS THAT ARENT GREAT BUT EASY TO DISABLE

>Long-time volunteer DISRESPECTED AND BANNED

>I hope he won't mind me writing about him. Filipus Klutiero has been a Firefox user since 2003 and, as I understand it, a Mozilla volunteer since 2004 (his bugzilla account (archive) seems to support this). In 2016, he submitted a bug (archive) in which he dared to suggest that bugs should not be marked as RESOLVED and WONTFIX at the same time. This was enough to send the Mozilla bullies after him:

Mozilla is trash. Look at Thunderbird. They literally used a component for the message list that nobody knows how to change in order to modernize it. Being a developer in 2019 is less about productivity and more about politics. Anyone who has a couple of letters in the LGBTQ alphabet can be considered a developer if they can copy and paste "hello world"

That's really interesting good writting there, thanks

Get off this fucking board you retarded zoomer.

You can block everything Firefox wants to connect back to Mozilla just using your hosts file and it will work just fine. You can do that with any browser or program to de-botnet them. The only ones that break when you do that would be ones that check for that happening and refuse to work without it. Not that I know of any which do that.

Attached: 8183b48d6fb6dd8d23ac0c9830f844b0.jpg (236x236, 18K)

Stallman-tier nitpicking. Nothing here.

Pls explain further, am interested but am fucking retard in windows firewall crap

Opera 12.

ftp.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/

(unfortunately, the Linux versions depend on libraries that are being deprecated and can no longer be installed in e.g. modern Debian, don't know if snap would allow installation)

I hope this bug was RESOLVED WONTFIX.

>Nothing *wrong here
FTFY

What the fuck are you talking about? Here's a SmartSniff of me connecting to my own box (kagari.moe) using Waterfox 56. As you can tell, exactly two IPs are pinged: mine and DNS. Wow, what a botnet, it connects to the internet! Fuck off and do your own research, instead of just circlejerking some nonsense.

Attached: 2019-06-09_13-54-44.png (482x352, 17K)

*sniff*
WHAT'S THAT SMELL

Attached: 2019-06-09_14-05-15.png (646x342, 381K)

SWEET BLÜD

It's fine, just make sure you apply these settings
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

fuck off you brain dead faggot, those same people say it's fine to use if you change the settings

>complains about spyware
>uses cock.li ([email protected])
>uses neocities
really? you let a random user handle your email and send it to the NSA (check the transparency page of cockli)? you let some other service see all your website's access logs and referer headers?
also, he doesn't even know how to write some simple HTML (wtf is )???

Attached: 1560077741055.png (360x360, 183K)

I mean nothing there, as in nothing of value worth reading.

all is botnet
all is filth

Cheers!

Attached: filipus.jpg (561x772, 71K)

Chrome is disabling api that makes adblocking possible, ublock will only fully work on firefox

Attached: sirius (azur lane) drawn by yappen - a4f6e1e325d0fc486bc4607aee60df01.png (849x1200, 567K)

Just google up all the urls firefox or whatever browser/program you use connects to. Then put those in your hosts file. google, "how to block website using hosts file" or similar search. Here's a small example of one.

Attached: hosts example.png (1232x2704, 134K)

Sure, until those settings are defaulted and the ability to change them removed. That's been happening more and more and is a reason not to update.

It is odd, if you block all that google shit the recaptcha here on Jow Forums/nel becomes slower to load and slower to Verify by a few seconds. Just enabling privacy stuff in your browser causes the recaptcha to become harder if you are not using the Jow Forums-x forced noscript recapcha.

>don't update your browser
Jow Forums tips and tricks

Never update anything until it has been around for a few months. That way all the waves of shit that a poor update can cause will be fully known and you can read all about it before deciding to update. Plus, by that time, and bugs it causes may be fixed using a hot patch and you may be able to skip any problems. You just need to be patient. Even exploits/hacks/vulnerabilities don't matter dick all unless all your friends are 1337 hackers trying to bugger your hole 24/7 or you are a ginormous normie moron pushing your unprotected dick into every internet asshole you can find.

Don't update.

how much meth did you smoke this morning? I never said nor do I use cock.li email

That will never happen, and if it does it would be the end of FF

>That will never happen
What do you think has been happening with almost every big update? FF has lost more user configurable settings than any browser.

i'm talking about the author of that shipwreck of a page

so, stay on 56

Use UGC

>stay on 56
See the second sentence of

>i'm talking about the author of that shipwreck of a page
so go complain to them about it instead of wasting space in this thread. regardless, their evidence is spot on and the settings work (I've verified their work with wireshark).

oh fuck off, that is verifiable false. FF has far more options than any chromium browser. removing a few outdated crud isn't losing shit. talk about removing settings, look at the whole uBO debacle with chrome and the api

>he calls XUL outdated crud
he calls XUL outdated crud

Attached: Mqt_tI2935sZT0ih3Em0kOZW59I.jpg (488x492, 17K)

sorry but it really was, good riddance to that shit. all I care about is privacy tweaks

>Kev Needham, Mozilla's Firefox desktop manager, explained that Mozilla was changing Firefox so it could support new technologies such as Electrolysis and Servo, protect users from spyware and adware, and shorten the time needed to review add-ons.

zdnet.com/article/mozilla-changes-firefox-apis-developers-unhappy/

Servo is the only thing that has brought firefox up to the speed of chrome. They made the right choice. Get with the times gramps.

oh, i'm sure it's faster, etc. but... for me, productivity speed matters more than the few seconds waiting for JS/page loads. this UI is impossible to recreate without XUL, nor are many of the other under-the-hood tweaks I made. and if i ever need some performance boost, i can drop chrome into a tab if i want.
seriously, why decided that it's ok for chrome tabs to just squish together into an unusable toblerone????
also, e10s (Electrolysis) works just fine in 56. i'm using it as of right now... above all, the fact mozilla just threw away all XUL extensions etc. is an insult. they're even planning on removing the docs for XUL...

Attached: 2019-06-09_17-34-08.png (1920x1036, 225K)

>verifiable false.

You are delusional or have never opened the settings before, never used about:config or perhaps just started using FF since 66.

bitch please, I've been using FF since 1.5. I have personally set over 350 settings in my about:config

checked, but XUL is still terrible and FF made the right choice since this benefits the majority of users (who do care about having fast, stable browser)

>turbo normie posting as a neckbeard

Attached: seen't.gif (498x202, 728K)

THERE IS NO OUTDATED CRUD ONLY XUL