/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>What about Ryzen 3000 - Not out yet. Wait for the benchmarks on 7/7/2019 before deciding.

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: Ya Rly.jpg (750x994, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/WYrkxG
amazon.es/gp/product/B07B2Y1N8B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/BcG8fH
amazon.com/dp/B07J4SXNQ5/?tag=pcpapi-20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man I really wish I hadn't ignored hardware for the last twelve years, it's finally upgrade time and I just bought 16gb of RAM after swearing it would never be necessary only to discover DDR slots aren't compatible.

I'm scared to buy a MOBO and CPU because who knows what could fuck up there.

just do like 5 minutes of research and figure it out. not that hard, boomer

Just get an A320 mATX mobo with M.2 slot, some Athlon CPU and an M.2 SSD and be done with it.

is widescreen a meme?

working previous link

I want to NVMe boot from a PC that doesn't natively support it by booting from USB with a bootloader which then lets me boot from the NVMe drive, is this possible?

based boomer

>bought all the components
>too stupid to assemble them
>Jow Forums's approved assembling video is a qt girl and I can't watch it because she is too qt
>read instructions and watch random videos for hours
>finally build the courage to start assembling
>mobo+cpu+cpu fan+ram+m2 SSD is easy
>attaching the whole monster to the case is easy
>attaching the gpu is easy
>attaching the front and top/rear fans is easy
>nice, I can do it!
>get to the PSU and front panel cables
>literal hell
And obviously that's what all the videos skip because "lmao this part is easy let's skip directly to 2 minutes of finished rig with spinning RGB lights".
Let's ignore for a moment the retarded front panel connectors where you have to play "guess where" to choose the right pins. My PSU is semi-modular so for the fixed cables I put the 24pin on the mobo, the 4+4pin also on the mobo next to the CPU.
My PCIe GPU has an 8+6 connector, so I added a PCIe cable with a 6+2+6+2 end, and left 2 pins dangling, right?
I added nothing else to the PSU despite having the cables, no SATA, no IDE, no floppy (???) because the SSD is on the M.2 port and I have no other SSD/HDD/optical drives.
Am I missing anything that should be powered by the PSU? I'm only using 3 fans at the moment (2 intake on front and one exaust on rear) and there's enough connectors for them on the mobo.

Attached: 15269991559.jpg (693x390, 50K)

sounds like you've finished it already, don't add more cables if you don't need them
did you add the IO shield?

you do have your motherboard manual right? it tells you where to put the front panel connecters. and unless you have an older motherboard, i'm pretty sure that front panel connecters are the same on all motherboards now.
other than that you should be fine.

Front panel is retarded yeah but also not very critical. Aside from power/reset buttons and USB I never actually connect anything.
>24 pin
>4+4 on the mobo
>GPU 8+6
That's about all you need from the PSU, you're done.

Thanks!
The IO shield is in place.
The motherboard is actually nice because it came with an adapter where you place all the front panel shit and then you attach the whole thing on the mobo pins at once.
The case has HDDled, Pled, power and reset. The right places for the pins were written on the adapter so I don't think I fucked up (leds and the power button all work). There are some speakers pins tho, there's space on the adapter and the mobo for them, but the case doesn't have the cables, despite having jack input for headphones and mic on the front panel. Are they fake? While writing this I realized I could have tried at least the headphone input, but whatever.

plug your speakers in and start using your PC instead of agonising over it brainlet

Forgot to add, the other USB3.0, USB2.0 and audio cables are in place, maybe the speaker stuff goes to the hd audio directly.

But i'm an autist and I must KNOW why there are empty spaces in my pins!

I completely forgot about headphones+mic on the front because I never use them. Just plug em in if you need them. The front panel should have those cables.

I don't have a mic, but speakers work. I'm fine at this point.

Will AMD actually at some point care about PC gamers and make an equivalent to Intel's TSX for emulation?

Attached: +_446d301ecaf5587761368f9e20372abc.jpg (502x454, 55K)

post build

Yeah i'm sure the 0.000001% (generous) of customers who actually care about emulating a console you could buy for $30 are a huge concern.

Asus Prime x470 Pro
Ryzen 7 2700
XFX Radeon RX590 Fatboy
RAM HyperX Predator 8+8GB 3200MHz C16
Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB
750W Bronze PSU
Some cheap Arctic fans
Cougar MX330G case

Hoo makes this case?

a few odd choices but nice

There are more pople emulating than playing shit like Strange brigrade. Nice shill post tho, pajeet

Yes. Ultrawide is where it's at.

Mostly due to budget, I found the mobo and the gpu in super-cheap offers, ram was also discunted on Amazon, Crucial costs half of Samsung despite having good reviews, case has good airflow and dust filters for $40, etc.

how much of a performance benefit is there with ryzen by using 3200 MHz RAM instead of 3000 MHz?

>Yes. Ultrawide is where it's at.
>is widescreen a meme?
Huh?
Aren't they the same?

Anything wider than 4:3 is widescreen. Ultrawide is a buzzword but usually it's used for 21:9 or more recently 32:9.

Would it be redundant to buy a Samsung 970 Evo if I also plan on buying an X570 mobo, or would new SSDs feature nothing new from now?

Yo know that'a blatantly false.
Besides, the majority of those people emulating are doing it on shitty laptops and other extremely suboptimal setups and don't actually care if they can get 4k60 in meme weeb game #6487892.

Will my old ATX (extended or bigger, I'm not sure what it was called but it's a bit longer or deeper and that was the fad back then) PSU be compatible with modern components? What connectors should it have?
It'll be most likely b550 when they'll come or b450 AMD.

It was bought during the 2nd gen Intel era.

Also how good of an idea is to replace its stock fan for something more modern and stronger + quieter?

All right fellow fag/g/ots, i need help on my build :

pcpartpicker.com/list/WYrkxG

What do you guys think ?
I currently have a gtx 970, that's why i put that old shit in it. Currently playing on 1080p 60hz Monitor, i want to make my CPU future proof enough for when you wouldn't have to give an arm for your GPU+Monitor for 1440p 144hz (I think i'll go for it next year or so)
I know my GPU Will bottleneck during that period, maybe i'll go for a cheap one for 1080p 60fps, just To wait for better price/performance GPU. Any recommandation ?

What's the goto mATX case at $100 or less? I've heard good thing about Fractal Define Mini C and Focus G Mini, but is there anything else I should look at?

>>get to the PSU and front panel cables
>>literal hell
but that's the fun part

man would you guys make up your mind 1660ti or 2060 for 1080p

>tfw checked RAM sticks
>PC still not booting
>have to use slow as fuck laptop for 2 days before I can test with a different PSU
End it

Get the nvme version of the SSD (P1) that costs the same amount of money.
Wait for reviews on the stock cooler for the 3900X before buying another one.
Choose the new GPU when we have some real benchmarks on the new incoming cards.
The mobo and the RAM will be more than enough for the next generation unless you really want the new PCIe (you don't).

Meshify Mini, Define Mini, NZXT H400

why is this so cheap

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-140405_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1440x2960, 891K)

Because it's not as good as the Pulse which is the same price.

My budget is around 1200€ and I intent to use for gaming as well as some CAD.

This is my part list, ignore the monitor.

What should I change?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-09 at 14.49.30.png (728x1418, 307K)

Guys I enabled the asus XMP equivalent on the bios (profile 3200@16) but on the bios itself it still says my RAM is at 2400MHz.
HWinfo on the other hand shows 1600MHz which should be my target value since HWinfo always shows half of the DDR frequency.
How do I know who's right?

Also this RAM: amazon.es/gp/product/B07B2Y1N8B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&psc=1

What ever reading you get after bios (in windows) is correct.

>9600k
>What should I change?
Well.. the case and SSD are ok.

it will differ from country to country, so putting both in would be ideal if you ask me

>replaced old 120mm cpu fan and added another to for the case
>cpu temps went from 55 idle to 38 idle
>increased overclock from 4.4ghz to 4.8ghz
>temps are still bellow 50idle and bellow 70 under load

Attached: 1558132740509.gif (500x334, 325K)

what do you mean exactly? What's the issue with those parts?

Consider waiting for Ryzen.
Afaik there's also a price drop for Nvidia's 2070 coming with the "super" edition not long after Ryzen.

What's the cheapest mobo that will work well with a 3900x?

>Get the nvme version of the SSD (P1) that costs the same amount of money.

What are the benefits of nvme ?

>Wait for reviews on the stock cooler for the 3900X before buying another one.

Wait, 3900x will come with its own additionnal stock cooler ?

>Choose the new GPU when we have some real benchmarks on the new incoming cards

What i was thinking, even tho they i won't buy one, others price will probably drop

>The mobo and the RAM will be more than enough for the next generation unless you really want the new PCIe (you don't).

I clearly don't, and I will certainly not upgrade before AM4 goes extinct.

Somethings actually read the ram ID. Which will tell you the specs that are written on the box. Basically the rams label it's telling you. Not what your actually running.
That's why there is a difference.

movies for this feel?

Attached: AMD-Radeon-RX-5700XT-Navi-Specifications.jpg (1917x900, 372K)

my bet is 300 usd
mobo manufacturers isnt releasing/leaking prices like the last gen, that means its gonna be expensive

I wouldn't go lower than a B450 Gaming Pro Carbon. That's only if you plan to run it stock.

Why would I run it stock?

b450 tomahawk is £90 but you'll need to update the bios beforehand which is easy which bios flashback

What the fhtagn is a "game clock"?

Because you cheaped out on the mobo, duh.

NVMe is a newer technology and it's much faster than SATA (even M.2 SATA)
Ryzen CPUs have had their own coolers since gen 1, there's no reason to think they will lose them for the 3rd generation unless they go full intel with the jewness. Some people get a better one anyway, or they just replace the thermal paste on the stock one, it depends on how autistic you are and how hard you OC and push the hardware to its limit.

>why is this so cheap
Because no-one wants it. Lol.
You can get a secondhand 1070ti for that price

This.
For one, if you're aiming for an RTX2060, then the better IPC of the Coffeelake chips is irrelevant. Go for a 2600/B450 and you'll get the same maximum FPS, but with better 1% lows.
Unlocked Coffeelake CPUs are only really of any advantage if you're pairing it with a 1080ti/2080/2080ti.

This is wrong btw

Anyone's guess, but if it were me I'd at least aim for the 6 phase Strix X470.
The Prime-Pro X470 is similar to the Strix, but without any sort of debugging LEDs, which is some what of a deal breaker for me without a much larger saving.

prove it

Attached: nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060.amd-ryzen-5-2600.ultra.0.png (1000x1680, 143K)

Attached: nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060.intel-core-i7-8700k-3-70ghz.ultra.0.png (1000x1680, 144K)

Looks like a 20-30 fps gain for Intel on average.

Monokuma's white side has burnt in on my left monitor. Was perfectly fine for months then suddenly in the space of fifteen minutes it left a prominent white outline. I'm filled with despair.

>i7
Now post the 8600k/9600k results with the inclusion of minimums

What's Jow Forums go to mechanical keyboard nowadays?

>I was totally wrong so post some other shit I didn't say

>how do I hold all these strawmen
Back to the context of the discussion please.

Ask /mkg/. but really the only answer to that is gonna be "it depends".
>what switch type do you prefer?
>what layout? Full-size, tenkeyless, smaller?
>do you care about colors/lighting?
>want any other stuff, like macro keys?
>the gripping hand: how much can you spend?

>Budget
Trying to keep it under 1500 GPB
>Use
Playing FFXIV at max settings capped to 60FPS on this ultrawide at 1440p

Attached: unitied.png (1305x619, 47K)

Look fag you're not going to win. AMD is significantly worse at gaming.

Attached: nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060.amd-ryzen-5-2600.ultra.0.png (1854x1648, 285K)

I should mention sorry, I'm waiting for the new AMD stuff, looking out rumours I reckon 3600x CPU and RX 3080 but obviously I'll wait till the benchmarks, just making sure the "shell" is good

AIOs are worse than air but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter unless you're min maxing hard
Personally I wouldn't use one though because I don't want water near my shit

This is wrong btw.

So I'm looking for an new monitor, 1080p and 144Hz preferably. Budget is £300 but ideally £200 - 250. Will be used mostly for gaming, my old monitor will be for watching stuff.

Is the Asus - VG248QE any good? It's good value and has decent review scores.

R8 pls.

pcpartpicker.com/list/BcG8fH

Just have to buy the video card, now. The rest is in the mail. The cpu is just a placeholder cpu, I'll be buying a 2600x or maybe zen 2 down the road. I wanted to have the pc RIGHT NOW then swap the mobo and cpu when the new chips come out and maybe donate the old x470 mobo to my brother's older build.

Bros...

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-160655_Chrome.jpg (1542x1131, 709K)

Didn't this all happen yesterday?

I'm this mind explaining? I mean I figured AOI was better than fan but considering there is disagreement

>gaming CPU

People here are just contrarians and will just say whatever. Your cooler is good.

amazon.com/dp/B07J4SXNQ5/?tag=pcpapi-20

Thanks, my room gets pretty hot as is so I thought I'd better have better cooling

water bad air good
it's not being a contrarian either, why don't you google and watch/read one of the many tests showing a nh-d15 raping every SINGLE AIO

Depends of the CAS latency but nothing critical unless you attempt to milk every single percent of perf out of your build. 3000CL15 and 3200CL16 have the same latency, but the latter tends to be slightly more expensive.

High end air coolers perform just as good as top end aios, are cheaper, are more reliable and have much less of a risk. plenty of people have made videos benchmarkign them.
aios are a meme.

good to know, thank you fren

Attached: 1523566910175.gif (500x281, 806K)

NVMe's worth is completely dependant of your use case.

This kills Threadripper. Unless Microsoft updates their scheduler with which both AMD and Intel have issues with that is.

A Dark Rock Pro 4 or the Noctua equivalent perform as well as AIOs without the leakage issue. Consider AIO mostly if you have a small case with shit thermals that can't fit those fcku hueg air cooler, like in ITX builds.

Can't seem to get it on UK amazon annoyingly. Also 27" is a bit big, Won't have the biggest of desks so 24" is kind of max size.

I assume that other Dell gaming monitors are decent though?

Also forgot to note, I have a 1070 but not going for a GSync monitor as they're too expensive.

I have a monitor with built-in speakers. Is HDMI audio from the GPU good or should I stick to my good ole realtek analog jack from the mobo? Not an audiophile btw

>Not an audiophile btw
Well if you're considering the speakers from your monitor, you clerly aren't. If you have good speakers, use them. Monitors have shit audio.

>monitor speakers
i wouldn't wish that hell upon my worst enemy

Why aren't you running a GNU/Ryzen gaming built yet, again?

Attached: 238593-top-banner-3rd-gen-creative-x570-logo-1260x709.wdp_.png (1260x709, 1.08M)